SIDEBAR #52 - Travis Alexander forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh! You know what? I think I did read a blurb recently that she downsized her living arrangements just this past March or April. And she did it in only a few short hours. Is that her tiny house movement? I wonder if she'll paint herself into a corner? She excels at that!

I look forward to reading the article on her jailhouse renovation in the next issue of Better Prison Cells and Gardens. :D

Maybe she'll offer some painting tips like wrapping a paint roller in a plastic grocery bag and keeping it in a refrigerator overnight if you plan to use it the next day so you don't have to wash it. Remember, Jodi... for best results, always follow the sun when you paint the cement blocks your prison cell uses for walls. :D

artist_work_yard_sign.jpg

Now you're forgetting that Jodi is an accomplished artist and has replicated her court room tracing into murals for the walls of her cell. Next she'll start her own rendition of the Sistine Chapel and for the floors she'll do them in a native stone motif because she has so much time on her hands and she ain't going no where.

My thanks button is acting whacky, but...I do appreciate everyone's ones post :)

Where do I find my Did You know Hints...all over the internet or in magazines I read :) Anytime I find something that is interesting I save it in a folder for y'all. My supply is running low, will be out and about hunting for more.

Jodi Jodi Bo-Boldy
Banana-Fanana-Foe-Foldy
Fe-Fi-Mo-Moldy-Jo---di

Remember the name game?

1958 - The first #1 hit on Billboards Hot 100 was Ricky Nelson's "Poor Little Fool".

[video=youtube;_5UDiQC3RDs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?list=RD_5UDiQC3RDs&v=_5UDiQC3RDs&feature=player_detailpage[/video]

[video=youtube;5MJLi5_dyn0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MJLi5_dyn0[/video]

I just heard of you losing your furbaby, Spellbound. I'm so very sorry, we love them so much, ,they are our babies. :( (((hugs)))

No, no, no ..... Thank you, neesaki, but I did not lose a furbaby, just lots of relatives. It was Dmacky who recently lost her furbabe.
(((Dmacky)))) :grouphug:

Lily goes shopping. She is fascinated by hands. She had her little hands in mittens since she got hurt and got to take them off when her feeding tube came out so it's a new toy. She looks at everyone hands. Today I had red nail polish on and she was focused it getting my fingers in her mouth.

View attachment 79442

Look at that smile! She is awesome :)

[video=youtube;Qgcy-V6YIuI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qgcy-V6YIuI[/video]

A few essential products easily available in the kitchen or home are sufficient to give your bathroom a clean and shiny appearance. These are:
• Lemon
• Salt
• Vinegar
• Baking Soda
• Borax

How to clean faucets/taps?
• Soak a cloth or paper towel in vinegar. Wrap this around your faucet and tie it tightly with a rubberband. Another option is to pour white vinegar on the faucet. Let it sit for an hour. After that wipe the faucet clean with a soft cloth.
• You can make a paste with 3-parts baking soda to 1-part water. The paste can be applied to the faucet. Let it remain for an hour or so, and then wipe it clean.
• Use salt. Apply salt to the affected area like lime scale with a cloth thats slightly damp. Then leave for a few minutes, and rub firmly with the a clean cloth. This should remove the limescale. Then rinse.

How to clean sinks and tubs?
Apply vinegar or lemon juice and leave it for half an hour. Scrub clean with a sponge or soft cloth.

How to clean toilets?
• Make a solution of white vinegar and borax-both of equal quantities. Pour solution in the toilet bowl. Dont scrub for 2 hours. After 2 hours, scrub clean with a toilet brush.
• Add undiluted white vinegar to your full toilet bowl and scrub it clean.
• Or simply use borax. Deodorize a smelly toilet by sprinkling 1/4 cup borax into the bowl. Then use the toilet brush to rub. Let stand for 30 minutes or overnight if possible.

How to clean windows and shower doors?
• Make a solution of vinegar and water and keep it in a sprayer. Just spray this on your windows and shower doors. Scrub with newspaper. This removes mineral stains left from hard water.
• If you can't stand the smell of vinegar, you can substitute straight lemon juice or club soda (don't dilute either in water).
• Use leftover white wine to remove lime scale from glass.

How to clean tiles?
• Tile can be cleaned with vinegar, baking soda, salt and lemon juice. They are least expensive and most effective products to clean with and also easily available. Make a paste of 1 cup salt, 1 cup baking soda, 1 cup vinegar and this paste will get most any soap scum built up on tile. Rub the tile with a non-abrasive sponge. Leve for some time and then wash it.
• You can also dip a sponge in lemon juice and wipe down tile surfaces to create a shine, This will not only make the wall shine but also leave the area smelling fresh. Infect a touch of citrus can also disinfect the bathroom.

How to clear clogged drain ?
• Use baking soda and boiling water. You can also use vinegar if needed. Pour 1/2 cup of baking soda into the problem drain. Then pour 2 cups of boiling water or you can use vinegar. Cover tightly, allowing the vigorous fizzing of the chemical reaction to break up the gunk. Then flush that with one gallon of boiling water.
• A mixture of baking soda and vinegar regularly thrown down your drains can help prevent clogs from forming.

Make you own disinfectant
Instead of bleach, make your own bathroom disinfectant by mixing 2 cups of water, 3 tablespoons of liquid soap and 20 to 30 drops of tea tree oil.

To keep bathroom surfaces clean and odor-free, simply used basking soda, dust with it, and scrub with a moist sponge or cloth. If you want you can add salt and baking soda.

How to get maximum juice from lemons?
To get the most juice from a lemon, microwave it for few seconds or keep it in room temperature. Roll the lemon on a hard surface and then squeeze it. Incase you need just a little juice, then throw the lemon away. Instead use a fork, pierce the end of the lemon with it, squeeze out little juice, cover the holes with tape and then store in the fridge.

Handy tips of using lemons

•Ant deterrent: Pour lemon juice on the areas which are frequently visited by ants. This is sure to repell them.
•Air freshener and All purpose cleaner: Add an equal amount of lemon juice and water and keep it in a spray bottle. It can act as a wonderful air freshener for your home and also an effective kitchen and bathroom cleaner. It can also be used on walls. But for that spot test first.
•Microwave cleaning: Heat a bowl of water with lemon slices in your microwave for about a minute. Thake the bowl out and wipe out the oven. Stains will be easier to remove. It can also help in removing food odors.
•Refrigerator refreshing: Half a lemon stored in your fridge will help control and eliminate unpleasant smells.
•Cleaning chrome/copper/brass: Make a paste of baking soda and lemon juice and rub chrome or copper. Then rinse and wipe with a soft cloth or paper towel.
•Cleaning toilet: Mix a cup of lemon juice and 1/2 cup borax . You can use it as a powerful toilet cleaner, making it extra clean with a good smell.
•Lime scale: Use a half lemon to clean the lime scale off a sink or taps and then rinse well.
•Laundry & bleaching purpose: Add 1/2 cup of lemon juice to the rinse cycle and hang clothes outside to dry. This will act as a bleaching agent. A teaspoon of lemon juice thrown into your wash can also help your clothes to smell fresher.
•Dishes: Add lemon juice with your dishwashing detergent,. This will give a more shiny look to your dishes.
•Cleaning drains: You can use hot lemon juice and baking soda as a drain cleaner. It is safe to use in septic systems.
•Glass and mirrors: Mix lemon juice with water, say 4 tablespoons of lemon juice with half a gallon of water. Use it as a window cleaner
•Furniture polish: 2 parts olive oil or cooking oil mixed with 1 part lemon juice makes for an excellent furniture polish.
•Hair: If you want to lighten your hair, then dampen it with lemon juice . Sit out in the sun for an hour or so and see the difference. You can also mix lemon juice with one cup warm water. This makes great hair conditioner.
•Cuts, stings and itches: Pour small amount of lemon juice onto minor wounds. This can help stop bleeding and disinfect the injury.
•Hands : Rubbing your hands with lemon juice will help in removing bad smells from your hands.

How to clean toilets?
• Make a solution of white vinegar and borax-both of equal quantities. Pour solution in the toilet bowl. Dont scrub for 2 hours. After 2 hours, scrub clean with a toilet brush.
• Add undiluted white vinegar to your full toilet bowl and scrub it clean.
• Or simply use borax. Deodorize a smelly toilet by sprinkling 1/4 cup borax into the bowl. Then use the toilet brush to rub. Let stand for 30 minutes or overnight if possible.

Just remembered this; easier way clean your toilet is just drop a Chlorine Tablet you used for pools in your Bowl and it get really clean! Then put a tablet in your tank for clean bowls every time you flush. I did that for years when we had our pool.

Woo hoo! Temps in Phoenix should see 112º today.

I expect our repentant dove to don a third sweatshirt to combat the sub-zero temps from the Frigidaire® swamp cooler in her veal cage.

images

By order of Arizona DOC, all painting activity in her cell will be suspended indefinitely until the ambient air temperature returns to normal and she thaws out. :(

Consequently, the six-page article on Jodi's tiny-house makeover will now be featured in the October 2015 issue of Better Prison Cells & Gardens. Stop the presses!

I expect our repentant dove to don a third sweatshirt to combat the sub-zero temps from the Frigidaire® swamp cooler in her veal cage.

images

By order of Arizona DOC, all painting activity in her cell will be suspended indefinitely until the ambient air temperature returns to normal and she thaws out. :(

Consequently, the six-page article on Jodi's tiny-house makeover will now be featured in the October 2015 issue of Better Prison Cells & Gardens. Stop the presses!

:laughing: :floorlaugh:

My Southern Neighbor (DMACKY): Are you getting all the rain and flood warnings that I am? It's been raining since early morning and saying will rain all day, night, into tomorrow with peeks of sun coming out at times...that means it's downright 'take-your-breath-weather' when you step out! Expecting 2-3 inches here and the ground is as full of water as she can hold! A tree fell over last night and fell on 2 cars with injuries :(

Hey Jodi!! you should try Indiana weather for a chill down your spine...I'll gladly donate you a nice warm hoodie. :hot:

images

I just love your snarky remarks about Jodi...gives me a good :laughing: Keep it up!

Thank you, Pages. Lost my Mom and a special aunt the first week of April, then my former MIL, then a friend's son, and now my cousin's 33 yr. old daughter. It has been exhausting. (Dmacky lost her furbaby recently)

I have used Vicks for hubby's toenail fungus, love Vaseline globbed on my feet with socks over-night, lemon juice to deter ants in the house. I just recently made a dry-shampoo of 1 cup cornstarch and 1/2 cup baking soda sifted together and used it on one of our cats. Powdered her up, massaged her all over, then brushed it out. It did a super nice job!

I keep telling long myself I am going to save all of Coffee's hints/tips in a special file on my computer .... but my pea-brain keeps forgetting. I really, really need to do that.

Bless your heart sweet Spell :heartbeat:
I can't imagine losing 5 loved ones in only 3 months! :frown:
I am extremely close to one of my cousins in particular, and her daughter. 33 years old is so young!!! Was she ill, or in an accident? You know you don't have to answer of course. I know it's not any of my business :smile: I am just nosey :blushing:

Sending you virtual (((HUGS))) strength and HOPE, that the rest of this lousy year will be kind to you ~

[video=youtube;sz-3ZU6Z3-c]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sz-3ZU6Z3-c[/video]

Wanted to share with you a band that made a hit record in the 60's that was from my part of the country. I would go to Lamey's & Midway (2 of the local Dance Barns) every Saturday and Sunday nights. Good times :guitar: :happydance:

Here is a small article about the CORVETTES:
DANCING AND LISTENING TO THE BANDS OF THE TRI-STATE AREA........AT PLACES LIKE NORTH KNOX HIGH SCHOOL "SOCK-HOPS", THE ROD & GUN CLUB, BICKNELL SKATING RINK, THE LINTON ARMORY, THE LINTON TEEN CENTER, THE "WORLD"/ HARMONY PARK/ MIRROR LAKE PAVILLION (Vincennes), LAMEY'S GROVE/ KRAMER'S LAKE (Evansville), THE RUSTIC /CALUMET LAKE (Jasper), THE MIDWAY (Princeton), LAZY DEE ROLLER RINK (Monroe City)........AND MANY MORE. I'M SURE YOU HAVE YOUR PERSONAL FAVORITE.
http://www.northknox70.com/class_custom5.cfm

SPELLBOUND Don't know how I missed your post about your recent loss...I'm so sorry :( Prayers and good thoughts coming your way. ((((Spell))))

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member