SIDEBAR #52 - Travis Alexander forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
cj ~
We had a horrible thunderstorm here last night. First of all our electricity went out. :mad: My next door neighbor's tree in their front yard was knocked down, another house in my neighborhood that sits kind of catty-cornered had a HUGE tree that was knocked down and it fell on their roof! Luckily it fell on the garage side, and they were NOT at home. I have wicker chairs on my front porch and one of the cushions was in my driveway and another one was in my rock garden. I dodged a bullet for sure!

It is not raining here today, and the sun is out... but it is coming again this afternoon.
I bolded what we are expecting here, so ~
cj ~ You win...hands down! Thank goodness :giggle:

Flash Flood - Watch from 8/5/2015 3:43:00 AM to 8/7/2015 2:00:00 AM

Flash Flood Watch issued August 05 at 3:43AM EDT until August 07 at 2:00AM EDT by NWS Louisville

Clark; Crawford; Dubois; Floyd; Harrison; Jefferson; Orange; Perry; Scott; Washington

...FLASH FLOOD WATCH IN EFFECT FROM THIS AFTERNOON THROUGH EARLY

FRIDAY MORNING...

.A SLOW MOVING SYSTEM WITH PLENTY OF MOISTURE TO WORK WITH WILL

MOVE ACROSS THE OHIO RIVER VALLEY THIS AFTERNOON THROUGH EARLY

FRIDAY MORNING. PERIODIC ROUNDS OF HEAVY RAIN ARE EXPECTED DURING

THIS TIME WITH MANY SPOTS SEEING 1.5 TO 2 INCHES OF RAINFALL.

LOCALLY HIGHER AMOUNTS ARE ALSO POSSIBLE AND COULD LEAD TO FLASH

FLOOD PROBLEMS.

...FLASH FLOOD WATCH NOW IN EFFECT FROM 1 PM EDT /NOON CDT/ THIS

AFTERNOON THROUGH LATE THURSDAY NIGHT...

THE FLASH FLOOD WATCH IS NOW IN EFFECT FOR

* PORTIONS OF SOUTH CENTRAL INDIANA AND CENTRAL KENTUCKY.

* FROM 1 PM EDT /NOON CDT/ THIS AFTERNOON THROUGH LATE THURSDAY

NIGHT

* A SLOW MOVING STORM SYSTEM IS EXPECTED TO PRODUCE 1.5 TO 2

INCHES OF RAIN WITH LOCALLY HIGHER AMOUNTS. THIS HEAVY RAIN

COMBINED WITH RECENT HEAVY RAINFALL IS EXPECTED TO PRODUCE

LOCALIZED FLASH FLOODING CONCERNS.

* URBAN AND LOW LYING AREAS WILL BE MOST PRONE TO FLASH FLOODING

CONCERNS...AS WELL AS LOCATIONS THAT HAVE PICKED UP THE MOST

RAINFALL IN RECENT WEEKS.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/weather/to...we-city-38.255,-85.766?iso=US&day=1&ocid=iehp

Hang in there, Dmacky, and stay safe! We had rain and flooding like that earlier this summer, now we're into sun, sun, and more sun with temps hitting the low 100's in the afternoons. :hot:

In an effort to get away from depressing topics, I'd like to see and hear about how Zuri's countertop installation went...

They are already stocking shelves in some stores. Isn't that a shame?

:gaah: Yes, a pet peeve of mine. :gaah: again. Last year, Hobby Lobby was the worst, strange how they play Christian music all the time.

This is what happens when you let Pop take control of Lily and the shopping cart.

11817007_10204863730736788_6950863900501866060_n.jpg

ILikeToBendPages, that latest picture of lil' Lilly is priceless!!! She such a doll!

In an effort to get away from depressing topics, I'd like to see and hear about how Zuri's countertop installation went...

GigiG, I thought I read in an earlier post upthread that Zuri would be vacationing at the riverside house with DH. I could be wrong - hoping, if true, Zuri has internet access!

I too would love to to see the 'after' pic's of her kitchen.

GigiG, I thought I read in an earlier post upthread that Zuri would be vacationing at the riverside house with DH. I could be wrong - hoping, if true, Zuri has internet access!

I too would love to to see the 'after' pic's of her kitchen.

What!!! How dare she leave us, waiting with bated breath to see the after pics!!! JK. I thought her DH went by himself, but perhaps that was last weekend. If she is at the riverside house, good for her. She deserves some R&R after that power washing/gutter debacle. In the meantime, I guess we'll just have to wait and see...

:gaah: Yes, a pet peeve of mine. :gaah: again. Last year, Hobby Lobby was the worst, strange how they play Christian music all the time.

I have never been to a Hobby Lobby store (I think they're regional?). But just the fact that half of their name is "lobby" (and that is precisely what they do on Capitol Hill on behalf of their causes), makes me uneasy about them. I wonder if they realize how alienating that music is to people not of the Christian persuasion? Maybe they do and just don't care.

Hobby lobby: founded by Mr. Greene
http://www.hobbylobby.com/our_company/ministry.cfm

donate to, and substantially support several charities and organizations that the Green family has selected based on each charity's specific needs and mission.

Hobby Lobby also gives a 10% discount to churches, schools and national charitable organizations when they purchase items with an organizational check or credit card.

1962 - Marilyn Monroe was found dead in her bedroom, the death was ruled a suicide, as a bottle of empty sleeping pills was found near Monroe's body.

[video=youtube;TOfHlxjnaAk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=TOfHlxjnaAk[/video]

I have never been to a Hobby Lobby store (I think they're regional?). But just the fact that half of their name is "lobby" (and that is precisely what they do on Capitol Hill on behalf of their causes), makes me uneasy about them. I wonder if they realize how alienating that music is to people not of the Christian persuasion? Maybe they do and just don't care.
One went up in my area. I'd heard of them and how evangelic the company is. I checked it out out of curiosity after my daughter's Bat Mitzvah. It is huge, but really I didn't find anything better or more special than Michael's, Boswell's or Richards.

1934 - Oklahoma experienced a ravaging drought with temperatures reaching 117 degrees, killing both animals and humans.

[video=youtube;guTek7ipD4U]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=guTek7ipD4U[/video]

1998 - Marie Noe of Philadelphia, PA was arrested and charged with first-degree murder, accused of smothering eight of her children to death between 1949 and 1968. Noe later received 20 years' probation.

VIDEO]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=1GTW64cB7ms[/VIDEO]

1959 - The Isley Brothers record "Shout."

[video=youtube;ExvCpP8cHbw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=ExvCpP8cHbw[/video]

Well people I did a 'first' today. Nuked a fly! I was warming up a cup coffee and while it was running I noticed a fly was in the microwave flying around with my coffee, YUCK! Stopped it and the dang thing flew out LOL. wiped out the microwave and put a new cup coffee in...I'm good to go :)
---------CJ , now that's funny! for some reason I really cracked up! Oh!! to have a fly on hand! I have been reading onJ .Holmes page , haven't see Y/N there either. Maybe bandwidth or vacation hope for the latter. :loveyou:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa