ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
When discussing the designation of "Person of Interest" in the Deorr case, many folks said that it simply meant that LE wanted to continue questioning the POIs and it didn't necessarily mean anything negative, just that they were there, etc. But, according to the article about Dylan Redwine, the designation of POI for Mark Redwine sounds much more suspicious. Now I am not sure what to think about the POI designation for those camping with little Deorr.

“That (person of interest) designation was based on evidence collected, inconsistent statements made by Mark Redwine, and his behavior throughout the investigation,” the sheriff’s office wrote in a press release."

Well we're on the same wavelengths tonight aren't we?

When discussing the designation of "Person of Interest" in the Deorr case, many folks said that it simply meant that LE wanted to continue questioning the POIs and it didn't necessarily mean anything negative, just that they were there, etc. But, according to the article about Dylan Redwine, the designation of POI for Mark Redwine sounds much more suspicious. Now I am not sure what to think about the POI designation for those camping with little Deorr.

“That (person of interest) designation was based on evidence collected, inconsistent statements made by Mark Redwine, and his behavior throughout the investigation,” the sheriff’s office wrote in a press release."

Using Sheriff Bowerman's definition of the 4 POI (because they were there at the campsite) is, IMO, like a doctor saying "you are a little bit pregnant".

This is probably meaningless but it just dawned on me as being odd. In the parents' interview the dad told the story about how the helicopter guy spotted the orange insect repellent can on the bank and they thought at first it could have been a shoe or something. I'm confused because nothing Deorr was wearing was orange - his boots were also camo I believe? I don't know why they would have thought it was anything to do with Deorr since it was bright orange and nothing he was wearing was bright orange? I guess it was worthwhile to check it out but I just think that whole story is kind of strange.

Finally there might yet be justice for Dylan. Just reading that good news here on DeOrrs page but will surely move further comments over to Dylans topic. Thank you Jesus!

“I had no doubt who killed Dylan from the very beginning,” Hall said. “I think naming a person of interest is a huge step in the right direction. It means they have evidence.”

And in DeOrr case, Sheriff said “We’ve given the FBI lots of items to analyze behaviorally and we’ve given them some physical evidence.” I kinda see a pattern here about naming a POI. :)

"Person of interest" is a term used by U.S. law enforcement when identifying someone involved in a criminal investigation who has not been arrested or formally accused of a crime.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Person_of_interest

It will be good to see what the FBI say. From POIs' statements & interviews provided to LE, they should be able to find a lead to what actually happened to little DeOrr, who is responsible for his 'disappearance', <modsnip>.

[video=youtube;aDq-nJs17xQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDq-nJs17xQ[/video]

Click on the 15 second mark. And keep clicking it over an over again.

I could be wrong, and maybe because it's a recording the sound might be somehow distorted (although I would think LE would make sure recordings are crystal clear), but it really sounds to me as if she says "around this morning". That's MY interpretation of what she said, "around this morning".

If I'm right, and the operator put the words "an hour" in her mouth, then everything changes. Their entire version of events, the timeline that went from an hour, to 20 minutes, to 40 minutes, to just a turn of the head by ggp, is in doubt, and the question must obviously be asked whether in fact it's not only wrong, but is some sort of fabrication.

Could be nothing, and she did in fact say an hour (although listening to clip over and over I really cannot see how she said "an hour", because I can make more than 2 syllables), but I think this definitely think this needs a closer look.

&#8220;I had no doubt who killed Dylan from the very beginning,&#8221; Hall said. &#8220;I think naming a person of interest is a huge step in the right direction. It means they have evidence.&#8221;

And in DeOrr case, Sheriff said &#8220;We&#8217;ve given the FBI lots of items to analyze behaviorally and we&#8217;ve given them some physical evidence.&#8221; I kinda see a pattern here about naming a POI. :)

"Person of interest" is a term used by U.S. law enforcement when identifying someone involved in a criminal investigation who has not been arrested or formally accused of a crime.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Person_of_interest

It will be good to see what the FBI say. From POIs' statements & interviews provided to LE, they should be able to find a lead to what actually happened to little DeOrr, who is responsible for his 'disappearance', <modsnip>.

No offence, but this is all so messed up no on can see the forest through the trees anymore. I am not a fan of television, I don't believe in Bigfoot or UFO's. I do know how feline and canines hunt, but I have no comment on that discussion. Yes, Rivers and streams actually Do Flow North! Hard to understand for some and I get that. No backword research will ever show that the river or stream switched directions in recent past. It is a Geological thing. I just Deleted the rest of what I had to say...but will say this... I am not an internet "Detective" nor do I play one on Television or Radio. I am not a member of the FBI,CSI or whatever 3 or 4 letters of the alphabet you all want to use. A local Sherriff using the "POI" could be nothing more than the people at the scene are the only ones that can tell us what happened to them. Social Media has become so powerful it can bring out the good and the bad in people. Far too many are running to pounce on the bad and shake it like a rabid animal until the story changes to fit what they think. The media is the biggest Rabid Dog on the block in case you all missed it. I am out and done on this one until the Administrators/ Moderators I contacted tell me otherwise.

Hh

~~Thanks so much....So, it's possible they took a walk with DeOrr in the a.m. before the store trip to see the Reservoir and then walked back....hence the trail there and back....Such a mystery...but so fascinating, too...

You have excellent questions and I'd also love to know the answers...

Wow...skin rafts....so amazing, a dog's sense of smell. (So amazing walking with my own dogs...They are Full Time smell detectives!)

Do YOU think the cremains event was messing up the dogs??? (Sorry if you already answered this....my head is spinning with all these thoughts).

[ bolded by me]

I don't think they walked with DeOrr to the reservoir Friday morning. I say that, for one reason, because Grandpa said in People, something like " the little guy would not have been able to walk up that hill in those boots, he was unsteady, he'd have to be carried.' Why would he say that if the little guy had already hiked up there with his parents?

And I really think his parents would have said something during the interview about that hike to the reservoir, when discussing where he might have run off to. JMO

At the 15 second mark she says "About an Hour"

.... the word "Hour" did not come thru very good .... just like the word "DeOrr" did not come thru at the 40 second mark , and another unintelligible at 58 seconds .

No big deal , at least not to me. I actually think that was an excellent 911 call , she has probably had an hour of panic , then composed herself to make the call , and remember , she only knew her child was missing , and most likely expected to find him with help from the searchers.

I am unable to find anything questionable about the parents in any of this .

Too many people are creating monsters that do not exist.

At the 15 second mark she says "About an Hour"

.... the word "Hour" did not come thru very good .... just like the word "DeOrr" did not come thru at the 40 second mark , and another unintelligible at 58 seconds .

No big deal , at least not to me. I actually think that was an excellent 911 call , she has probably had an hour of panic , then composed herself to make the call , and remember , she only knew her child was missing , and most likely expected to find him with help from the searchers.

I am unable to find anything questionable about the parents in any of this .

Too many people are creating monsters that do not exist.

I don't have any issues with the parents. But I am suspicious of the family friend. He told inconsistent versions of where he was when the baby went missing. He originally said he was ' fishing at the creek' but in the tv interview he said he was with GGP at the firepit. That bothers me that he has told 2 versions. And he has a criminal history which includes an arrest for sexual assault. And he has a history of drug/alcohol abuse. And was one of the last people to see the baby. So I don't think it is necessarily 'creating monsters' that don't exist. I have followed way too many cases here where the monsters DO exist.

In the 911 call, how did the dispatcher know her name was Jessica? She hadnt said her name at that point unless they cut the first part of the recording and why would they do that? I can't understand Jessica well because of her accent and bad cell connection however the dispatcher has no local accent whatsoever!

I don't have any issues with the parents. But I am suspicious of the family friend. He told inconsistent versions of where he was when the baby went missing. He originally said he was at the firepit with GGP, but in the tv interview he said he was fishing at the creek. That bothers me that he has told 2 versions. And he has a criminal history which includes an arrest for sexual assault. And he has a history of drug/alcohol abuse. And was one of the last people to see the baby. So I don't think it is necessarily 'creating monsters' that don't exist. I have followed way too many cases here where the monsters DO exist.

The friend could be a bit of a wildcard here , but I am sure he was at both the campfire and fishing at the creek at some point so both are probably true , it is easy to muddle answers because the questions themselves may not have been clear in every instance

An "honest" person will often give imprecise answers when questioned like that , because lets face it , if he was not directly involved then he does not know exactly when the child ran off , so how can he know exactly where he was at that time , hope that makes sense

A "guilty" person will have rehearsed an exact precise alibi trying to deflect suspicion from himself , police know to watch for that

If police asked any one of us what we were doing at 2:30 pm Friday July 10th ?? .... I bet very few people could give a quick and honest answer , we would have to think about it , scratch our heads , mumble and fumble a poor answer

If we had kidnapped a 2 year old child we would immediately have a fictional answer prepared

In the 911 call, how did the dispatcher know her name was Jessica? She hadnt said her name at that point unless they cut the first part of the recording and why would they do that? I can't understand Jessica well because of her accent and bad cell connection however the dispatcher has no local accent whatsoever!

Didn't the 911 lady ask her who she was, and she answered. "Jessica"? And then the 911 lady asked again, and she answered "Jessica Mitchell"?

ETA: I guess if she didn't give her name, they might have just seen that her name was associated with that phone number.
(That always freaks me out!)
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Furthermore .... if it was the friend who did something .... he would have to be be the fastest child snatcher who was able to hide a body so well that hundreds of searchers could not find it .

All within a few minutes , and within a hundred feet of parents and grandfathers.

Not impossible , but nearly.

When a call to 911 is dialed, the call will be directed to the closest service tower. Just because your cell phone shows you have zero bars on your current preferred provider, a competitive company has to pick up the call if you are I their service/tower area. Not many know this. (I was part of the generation of the "Baby Bell war" But I am just a bored housewife who is too stupid to be taken seriously. All my deactivated phones have the option to make an Emergency Call for a reason. You people are reading too much into nonsense. Yes, Jessica is allowed to call and it is nothing "nefarious" if her name was known. Good grief! A tiny human is missing! stop attempting to dissect every detail you don't get. You are playing internet detectives and are not "in the know" neither am I . I only became involved when a certain speech person in SD decided focus his daily life on cyber harassing everyone involved when a child went missing.

Furthermore .... if it was the friend who did something .... he would have to be be the fastest child snatcher who was able to hide a body so well that hundreds of searchers could not find it .

All within a few minutes , and within a hundred feet of parents and grandfathers.

Not impossible , but nearly.

Not necessarily. He had a much bigger window than a few minutes and few hundred feet.

All right fellow WS, from just the posts on this page it jumps off the "paper" to me that

the story of Deorr following the parents as they went off on their hike cannot be true. The dogs did not track that way!

Right!.... but grand pop "ASSUMED" he went that way, and sadly he didnt. Hence no dog tracking him that way. Sherriff Bowerman states ,"grandfather assumes
he went down to them because he was within their line of sight". Then almost immediately he (ggf) must have become distracted with something and Deorr jr is now off on his own, heading in who knows what direction and gets all turned around ,maybe wanders into the treeline etc.... ( why the dogs do not track him anywhere ( except to the rez) is a mystery I suppose , but I understand they can have bad days and be off).

This is probably meaningless but it just dawned on me as being odd. In the parents' interview the dad told the story about how the helicopter guy spotted the orange insect repellent can on the bank and they thought at first it could have been a shoe or something. I'm confused because nothing Deorr was wearing was orange - his boots were also camo I believe? I don't know why they would have thought it was anything to do with Deorr since it was bright orange and nothing he was wearing was bright orange? I guess it was worthwhile to check it out but I just think that whole story is kind of strange.

That stuck out to me too, because we were told he was wearing boots. I wonder what color the Hot Wheels car he had in his pocket was? To bad it wasn't that! Mom and dad said he loses things.

The friend could be a bit of a wildcard here , but I am sure he was at both the campfire and fishing at the creek at some point so both are probably true , it is easy to muddle answers because the questions themselves may not have been clear in every instance

An "honest" person will often give imprecise answers when questioned like that , because lets face it , if he was not directly involved then he does not know exactly when the child ran off , so how can he know exactly where he was at that time , hope that makes sense

A "guilty" person will have rehearsed an exact precise alibi trying to deflect suspicion from himself , police know to watch for that

If police asked any one of us what we were doing at 2:30 pm Friday July 10th ?? .... I bet very few people could give a quick and honest answer , we would have to think about it , scratch our heads , mumble and fumble a poor answer

If we had kidnapped a 2 year old child we would immediately have a fictional answer prepared

I understand the points you are making but I disagree on a few of them.

"but I am sure he was at both the campfire and fishing at the creek at some point so both are probably true "

But he was not talking about where he was 'at some point.' The question was 'where were you when the baby went missing?' That is a pretty clear question. And it cannot be true that he was both of those places when the baby vanished. When DeOrr disappeared was the friend with GGP at the campsite OR was he fishing at the creek?

"If police asked any one of us what we were doing at 2:30 pm Friday July 10th ?? .... I bet very few people could give a quick and honest answer ..."

No one asked him what he was doing at a specific time and date in the past. I don't see this as being similar to what he is being asked. He was asked a very specific question about a very traumatic event that happened among him and 3 other people who were staying at the same campsite. He should be able to pinpoint where he was when people began screaming and crying out for the child, if he was there.

"If we had kidnapped a 2 year old child we would immediately have a fictional answer prepared"

Did you see his tv interview? I am not sure he can actually do that. I think he has lost quite a few brain cells.

Also, after following many cases over the years, I have found that many guilty people do NOT have fictional, rehearsed answers prepared. I think they would if they were smart or rational. But many times they are too stupid or too stoned or too incompetent or too lazy or too irrational to do so. So I disagree that he would absolutely have a rehearsed answer prepared. He didn't even have the good sense to put a shirt on and get his wits about him before his last tv interview.

Oh, but I do agree with you on one thing...he is possibly the wildcard. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member