ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think most people let their guards down when camping. It's natural. I would have a hard time blaming anyone who is going through this through no fault of their own simply because they were relaxing on vacation. But sadly, you DO have to keep your guard up even more than if you were at home, ime, simply because bad people can and do prey on holiday-makers simply *because they have their guards down and are perceived as easy targets.

I always keep that in the back of my mind and remind others--just because you are on holiday doesn't mean perps are. They are a 24-7 open-for-business crime of opportunity. They prey on the guard being down. Wrong place, wrong time, with no keen eye. SMH.

The gathering doesn't seem odd to me and neither does the parents wanting to "explore" as they said...on their own. Maybe they didn't want to fool with having to stop every minute and tend to the child. He would not be able to travel or roam around as fast as the parents. It was their one selfish moment of exploring on their own. That doesn't make them bad people. Flip side--the part that makes them look bad IMO is they can't keep the chain of events straight, the story continues to shake and snake around instead of being straight in my opinion. I'm starting to give them the side eye. Forgive me if I missed this question and answer already but was the PI working for free or was he paid?

What chain of events can't they keep straight?

Was just thinking my post may have given the wrong impression right before I read yours. So to clarify, I meant that IR may not have actually seen the baby, he could have arrived at a different time or been away from the camp site at the time. Maybe he arrived that day rather than the night before. Sorry for the confusion.

Haaaa .... I am with you all the way and was actually trying to agree and add to what you said ..... but now that I look back it did not appear that way.

You and I are on the same page with the 99% certainty the child was there according to the sheriff.

And if IR was questioned and simply shrugged and said .... yeah , the kid was around but I did not really pay any attention .... it would be a completely legitimate answer too .... why should he care what somebody elses child is doing

I've always been curious as to the lack of photos? Everybody has their phone with them 24/7 and continuously take pictures, and they're on a vacation, what about breakfast at the campsite with GGP, where's the pictures?

He definitely left the public spokesperson-like role because we haven't seen him. Vanished. Even though he was setting up a tip line and wanted it to get media attn.

That leads me to speculate that he has left the case. When he came onboard I anticipated that he would be a strong public advocate for the family to get attention about the stranger abduction the family believed to have happened, unless his own investigation gave him reason to believe that something other than an abduction occurred. In that case, I believed he would just drop the case and vanish. I am still inclined to think that has happened.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PI seemingly vanishing may have something to do with this:

“When [the family] went into town the morning after they arrived, they picked a few groceries up and bought some French fries for DeOrr Jr.,” Vilt said. “There was a man who was staring at DeOrr and this made Jessica feel kind of eery. I’m looking into it.”

Followed a week later with this exchange between Nate Eaton and Sheriff Bowerman:

Nate Eaton:
“Okay, so um, as far as the private investigator told us a few days ago, that Jessica said there was an older gentleman (Note – Sheriff Bowerman is nodding his head in the affirmative) that may have been staring at Deorr. “

Sheriff Bowerman:
“Mmm hmm.”

Nate Eaton:
“Have you heard anything about that?”

4:11
Sheriff Bowerman:
“Just the report. I don’t know that we’ve confirmed who that individual is, but uh, you know if we had to go out and look for everybody that stared at…at you personally or anybody for any type of crime, you know, it would be a pretty difficult undertaking, you know, to check those stories out. But you know, um, yes, we have heard that information.”

I think most people let their guards down when camping. It's natural. I would have a hard time blaming anyone who is going through this through no fault of their own simply because they were relaxing on vacation. But sadly, you DO have to keep your guard up even more than if you were at home, ime, simply because bad people can and do prey on holiday-makers simply *because they have their guards down and are perceived as easy targets.

And because they're surrounded by dangers that they'd never think of in their safe suburban houses. I'll bet it never crossed their mind that there were carnivorous animals down the road, or that the pretty stream with the minnows in it could suck somebody in and not let go. The same as visitors in the national parks don't think that the bears and buffaloes are wild animals, or that the ground is thin around the geysers so they should stay on the paths. Or that they could take a few steps away from the camp and all of a sudden all they can see is sagebrush and trees, and it's hard to even tell which way is uphill.

Keep in mind that the interview has been edited, though. It's entirely possible that the sheriff had just used other words to describe any of the parties and it wasn't included in the final version. Things might not even have been in that order. It's interesting, yeah, but it might not mean anything.
Not during those questions though starting @5:40 (I'm not sure about the other parts), because the camera was zooming out and they were talking, it would be noticeable if it was edited on that part :)

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=12026732#post12026732

Was it planned for them to arrive at the campsite the night before? Don't most families try to get there early to set up everything and not late at night when baby is in tow and darkness is everywhere while sleeping in a vehicle?

Was this trip planned like this?
I don't think we have that information available. I was also wondering how did IR end up camping with them? How long ago was this camping trip planned? Did DK / JM knew of / heard of IR before? I understand they only met him for the first time at this camping trip.

[video=youtube;CT2jl4w3T0gQUOTE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=CT2jl4w3T0gQUOTE=webweaved;12028489[/video], something is definitely up. I read this article and the comments were more interesting than the actual article. http://www.eastidahonews.com/2015/0...on-deorr-kunz-this-will-come-to-a-resolution/

I looked up the interview's comments and there are only 19 of them, and they were from a month ago. Am I looking in the wrong place?

Sorry, I'm not too adept with the "reply with quote" process.

[video=youtube;CT2jl4w3T0gQUOTE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=CT2jl4w3T0gQUOTE=webweaved;12028489[/video], something is definitely up. I read this article and the comments were more interesting than the actual article. http://www.eastidahonews.com/2015/0...on-deorr-kunz-this-will-come-to-a-resolution/

I looked up the interview's comments and there are only 19 of them, and they were from a month ago. Am I looking in the wrong place?

I am aware those posts are old. What I said applies to any article regarding a comment section. Let me try to explain my point a little better. Apparently something odd is up because people were posting names and theory in the comments section. If it did not have anything to do with LE investigations then why have it pulled? That's a lot of moderating going on. Point...apparently they know more than what has been made public. If they are treating it as a crime scene, they'd want the charge to stick....comments get deleted to protect integrity of investigation. Does this make sense now? :smile:

I apologize if this has been fully covered; however, do we know if there was anyone else camping at that campsite during the time Deorr disappeared? Or did they have the campsite all to themselves?

I think there's a significant difference between "being forthcoming" and simply not caring whether or not a bunch of strangers (most of which are half a world away) have a clear understanding of the timeline. The police have been saying from the start that they are cooperating so obviously authorities are comfortable with the time line.
I have 4 children and am a photographer by trade. I have some amazing portraiture of my kids but I am not always that worried about documenting every little thing. We took a boat ride with my parents and sister today to an island for the day and I only took 1 picture the entire time and only 1 kid is in the pic. It's really not that weird if they didn't take pix, plenty of my friends only really have the images I take of their kids, they don't document the days.
I also think it's a little far fetched to think they brought a stranger in on part of some cover up. Like, "hey you've never met us but listen do you mind being a part of this huge lie for us?" I mean that just doesn't make any sense at all. As far as arriving Thursday night - again, no big deal? Maybe they had to work Thursday but wanted to have all day Friday there. Having a child doesn't have to be a handicap. I wouldn't hesitate to bring my 20 month old to set up camp at night. I wouldn't leave him with with my dad, though, only because he's a runner with 0 restraint or fear.
I've always kind of thought maybe the parents snuck off for some alone adult time.

I would like to know who suggested the trip? And if they all use to camp together?

Ggp is old. Young kid running around. And parents take off. Idk

GGP knew the campsite. It was one of his favorites. From what I've read the trip was planned in advance.

I am aware those posts are old. What I said applies to any article regarding a comment section. Let me try to explain my point a little better. Apparently something odd is up because people were posting names and theory in the comments section. If it did not have anything to do with LE investigations then why have it pulled? That's a lot of moderating going on. Point...apparently they know more than what has been made public. If they are treating it as a crime scene, they'd want the charge to stick....comments get deleted to protect integrity of investigation. Does this make sense now? :smile:

I was able to read the comments before they were moderated. They gave IR's name and very vague comments about his criminal history. PM'd with Bessie about it at the time. HTH

I was able to read the comments before they were moderated. They gave IR's name and very vague comments about his criminal history. PM'd with Bessie about it at the time. HTH

Thanks - and I believe that any site, blog or facebook page that allows public comment should also be moderating public comments similarly. It's no different to how and why WS comments are moderated as closely as possible - at the time those comments were posted IR's name hadn't been made public via msm, and we weren't allowed to mention his name either.
I feel so bad for this family - DeOrr was obviously a well loved and cared for little guy, and I think his happiness just radiates from his photos. The pain his family must be experiencing is unimaginable. I hope they get some answers soon. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kimmiter