CO - Possible Serial Shooter Has Colorado Drivers on Edge #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
'Can't believe that the Colorado Bureau of Investigations are just now joining the NOCO Sniper Task Force'.. WTH?

Northern Colorado shooting task force checking 2 new shootings, increasing reward
Deb Stanley, TheDenverChannel.com Team
11:19 AM, Sep 17, 2015
1 min ago

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/new...ce-checking-2-new-shootings-increasing-reward

<Snipped & BBM> <RE: "Task force investigators have followed up on the information you provided". - How would the tipster know who specifically they were directing this statement to since hundreds of tips had been submitted?>

"Task force investigators have followed up on the information you provided, however more information is needed," a task force news release said. "You are encouraged to contact the task force again, by any method you are comfortable with, and give specific details to support why you believe what you have already reported is accurate."

Officials also announced the task force is being expanded to include investigators with the Greeley Police Department, Fort Collins Police Department, and the Colorado Bureau of Investigation.

<read more>

Another statement on this:

"The task force is also announcing that as of Sept. 8, personnel from Fort Collins Police Services, Greeley Police Department and Colorado Bureau of Investigation were assigned to the task force. These agencies were added to the task force to increase effectiveness in the areas of processing information and gathering intelligence on criminal activity in the surrounding region."

http://www.northfortynews.com/reward-for-suspicious-northern-colorado-shootings-upped-to-50000/

Apologies. I screwed up that post. I'd started it meaning to try to tick thru common themes that might lie behind some of the rash of random highway shootings that we've been seeing this year. But pretty soon I was listing every motivation I could think of, whether they could help explain the national rash or not.

In retrospect, I should have stuck with themes or motivations susceptible to quick changes. For that reason, I probably should have left mental health themes out. While these crimes probably all involve metal problems, one way or another, we wouldn't expect changes in the occurrence of mental illness to roll thru the population quickly enough to cause the fast increases we have seen.

I do think that we have to be looking for something organized and conspiratorial, or something 'viral' that is spreading itself undirected. But I think that the risk of either would be enough to get anti-terrorist agencies involved, no? They wouldn't wait for evidence of terrorist activity to come in on the cases, would they?

<BBM for Focus>

Unless there is an established pattern of domestic terrorism related highway/interstate shootings indicated by the FBI VICAP database which the public is unaware of. Or a recently intercepted order from Al Qaeda or ISIS activating sleeper cells or jihadist lone wolves to carry out highway shootings in the US.
A few years ago at a CUE Missing Person Conference, I attended a very informative presentation by the BAU VICAP Supervisor of the FBI's Long Haul Trucker Serial Killer Initiative which was secretly established at Quantico, VA in 2004. This very successful initiative wasn't released publicly until 5 years later in April 2009.

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/nation/2010-10-05-1Ahighwaykiller05_CV_N.htm <Map>

FBI makes a connection between long-haul truckers, serial killings
A bureau database includes more than 500 female victims, most of whom were killed and their bodies dumped at truck stops, motels and other spots along popular trucking routes crisscrossing the U.S.

April 05, 2009|Scott Glover
http://articles.latimes.com/2009/apr/05/local/me-serialkillers5

Michael Harrigan, who oversees the Highway Serial Killings Initiative, said the program helps local police "connect the dots" to slayings outside their jurisdictions. He said most of the victims led high-risk lifestyles that left them particularly vulnerable.

"We don't want to scare the public and make it seem like every time you stop for gas you should look over your shoulder," Harrigan said. "Many of these victims made poor choices, but that doesn't mean they deserved to die."

Though most of the entries in the database pertain to unsolved slayings, cases that authorities consider "cleared," or solved, remain in it so that investigators may potentially link additional crimes to a known perpetrator. There are also entries on sexual assaults and missing-person cases linked to highway locations. FBI officials declined to provide The Times with a more detailed breakdown of the database's contents.

The program's success depends largely on local police departments' voluntarily providing data on seemingly random killings, sexual assaults and other violent crimes to the FBI, where it is stored in a massive computer database. FBI analysts can query the computer to spot patterns that might otherwise go unnoticed.
<snipped - read more>

Some photos from this link for reference:

attachment.php

Is that what a burst of three shots might look like from a fully automatic assault rifle? Would that tell us anything more about what type of weapon was involved, or the possible background of the shooter?

(Gee, ya think we would have gotten any kind of update (and possibly increasing of reward) if not for the wide media coverage (and communicative LE) in the AZ incidents?)

(Eta: Maybe I'm being a little too harsh...perhaps the recent shots fired on a medical facility and school upped their approach?)

Is that what a burst of three shots might look like from a fully automatic assault rifle? Would that tell us anything more about what type of weapon was involved, or the possible background of the shooter?

Yes, we were taught in the military/Army Infantry, to shoot 3 round bursts on full auto to maintain accuracy. I carried an M60 machine gun..

KSBR ABC 33,
POSTED: 09:12 PM CDT Sep 18, 2015 UPDATED: 09:45 PM CDT Sep 18, 2015 Governor: Suspect arrested in I-10 shootings

"We got him! DPS SWAT team is in custody of the individual suspected of I-10 shootings. Apprehended moments ago," Arizona Gov. Doug Ducey tweeted Friday night.

And that was pretty much it for news in that piece.

BREAKING Fox News Live: Suspect Arrested in arizona interstate 10 shootings - presser in about one hour.

KSBR ABC 33,
POSTED: 09:12 PM CDT Sep 18, 2015 UPDATED: 09:45 PM CDT Sep 18, 2015 Governor: Suspect arrested in I-10 shootings

"We got him! DPS SWAT team is in custody of the individual suspected of I-10 shootings. Apprehended moments ago," Arizona Gov. Doug Ducey tweeted Friday night.

And that was pretty much it for news in that piece.

Arizona Gov. Doug Ducey @twitter
https://twitter.com/dougducey?lang=en

Doug Ducey &#8207;@dougducey 1h1 hour ago
Great work by @Arizona_DPS investigators and SWAT team. Investigation remains ongoing.
115 retweets 110 favorites
Reply Retweet 115 Favorite 110
More
Doug Ducey &#8207;@dougducey 1h1 hour ago
BREAKING: We got him! DPS SWAT team is in custody of the individual suspected of I-10 shootings. Apprehended moments ago.

Thank you for updating the Breaking News thread, Foxfire!
:busted:
:judge:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Another home-grown, non-Muslim terrorist -- like the majority of terrorists in North America.

Another home-grown, non-Muslim terrorist -- like the majority of terrorists in North America.

Montjoy, do you know something that we don't? Have authorities released a motive? Guess, I must have missed it..

Any support for any of those claims, or was that just racial profiling about him and assumptions about terrorists in general?

Montjoy, do you know something that we don't? Have authorities released a motive? Guess, I have missed it..

Just what was posted above --

By: Brian Pryor
POSTED:SEP 18 2015 07:32PM MST
UPDATED:SEP 18 2015 08:03PM MST

Fox 10, DPS officers take suspect in AZ Freeway Shootings into custody

"The source tells FOX 10 that the suspect had anti-police and anti-government views, was vocal about his views on social media, and the weapon used was a handgun."

"Phoenix City Councilman Sal DiCiccio tweeted that DPS located a 9mm handgun that was recently pawned a gun that matched the same as the freeway shootings. The owner and person who panwed it was the same person who is in custody.

None of what Fox 10 reported supported any of your claims.

What do you mean? It's definitely terrorism for someone to be involved in shootings like that. He was trying to create fear in the public. He's ideologically motivated, as an anti-government and anti-police nut, as per his social media. And he's not Muslim.

This is awesome. Now we need to find our Colorado shooter(s)!!

Social media link(s) for this guy? Young guy, not surprised...

I'm stoked, this gives me some hope...

Gosh can you imagine how happy I/we would be if they found our CO shooter(s)? This is just a taste of that!!

hmm... i'm trying to do just that, magz :)

Interesting angle re: the pawning ..maybe CO LE can/is/should send out a memo to all pawnshops re: a BOLO for a certain caliber/gun just in case...

Interesting angle re: the pawning ..maybe CO LE can/is/should send out a memo to all pawnshops re: a BOLO for a certain caliber/gun just in case...

Oh. Interesting indeed. In the most recent video here with Ms. Florias reports his dad considers any tipsters reporting his son "a moron," which seems not to be case according to LE, as no reward is to be given out. And Amanda Goodman reports his mom-in-law seems in disbelief.

http://www.azfamily.com/story/30067...pect-forensically-linked-to-first-4-shootings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zootopian2