GUILTY UK - Rebecca Watts, 16, Bristol, 19 Feb 2015 #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
[h=2]Becky Watts trial: James Ireland chatted about 'moving stuff' to friends[/h]A housemate of James Ireland says he chatted to him about "moving some stuff" the night after Becky's body was allegedly moved.
Simon Knight told the court that he had had a conversation with Ireland, known to his friends as Jamie, where he had told him one of his friends had had a phone call while at work asking them to "go move some stuff".
Ireland, he said, would "do anything for money" so agreed to help his friend. The pair took a van from their work, at British Areospace in Avonmouth, and drove to Barton Hill, Mr Knight said.

He said to me he went to pick up the stuff from Barton Hill. He told me when he got there he saw a male and a female.
– SIMON KNIGHT

Mr Knight then recounted to the court how then started loading bags into the van.

He said he was putting some bags into the van, then he drove off. He said he took them to a house, he said he unloaded the bags and drove it back to the house.
He said there was one person in the van with him, he didn't say who, just that it was the male, the person's whose house he had gone to, that was my understanding.
– SIMON KNIGHT

When the job was done, he said 'the male' invited inside the address in Barton Hill, where they had a cigarette together, before Ireland went back to work.

Mr Knight told the court that Ireland would do "anything for money", so if someone had offered money to move things, he would have taken it at face value for the money only.

http://www.itv.com/news/west/story/2015-10-20/becky-watts-trial-day-11/

Could the car have an odour? Becky was in there for several hours, the smell might have lingered?

I've been wondering whether they employed cadaver dogs in this case or whether they felt they had enough evidence without. Seeing how accurate some of them can be it wouldve been interesting to see where abouts they alerted in SH's home.

sorry for repeating stuff others have already posted

I thought Ireland was friend of one of the Demetrius brothers? sounds from this witness as if he hadn't met him before?

Yes, I would have thought it was a matter to be taken into consideration for sentencing. I can't see how he can possibly be found not guilty since he seems to have freely admitted that he knew he was assisting in something illegal.

I was thinking something like not guilty due to not having the mental capcity to understand it was a crime but don't know what the official legal definition for that would be , and personally I think, even if he thought it was from a robbery he still would have been capable of knowing it was wrong.

Wasnt there a duvet cover found with blood on? If so, an explanation for this. It would be an Odd thing to mention.

Yes, and yes it IS an odd thing to mention. Stress of it all causing a nosebleed is plausible .. it could be coincidence. But now we have another bloody duvet into the equation and I can't stop thinking about it!! LOL

Yes, I would have thought it was a matter to be taken into consideration for sentencing. I can't see how he can possibly be found not guilty since he seems to have freely admitted that he knew he was assisting in something illegal.

I totally agree! He should have known in advance what the witness was going to say as well as his lawyers would have seen the statement.

I thought Ireland was friend of one of the Demetrius brothers? sounds from this witness as if he hadn't met him before?

Believe refers to JI had never met the male & female (NM & SH) before

Would explain the argument and crying, if they were the two arguing... but it could also be used by her defence as proof that she only found out at that point or that she thought the packages were part of a robbery haul too and was mad at him for handling stolen goods. Though then of course she'd have to admit to actually knowing about the bags which she hasn't done so far.

But she still didn't think the repetative sound of an electric saw was weird - especially when there was no DIY to show for it. She didn't think NM's sudden desire to buy lots of cleaning products and make a single room in their hovel dirt-free was weird?

Let's not forget, SH was the one who said
she heard Becky "stomping down the stairs" and the front door slam at her home in Crown Hill, St George, Bristol.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-bristol-34506138

If she wasn't implicit in the murder, why would she tell the police that she had heard Becky leave the house?

If she thought it was Becky she heard, then she must have known exactly where NM was at that point or she wouldn't have known exactly who was stomping and banging the door.

We all know Becky didn't slam that door as she was dead.

So either SH made that up .......

or she heard someone bang the door (which could only have been NM carrying the body to the car) so why didn't SH consider that it might have been NM? Surely she'd have investigated the stomping and banging, especially as he would have been outside for a while if putting a body in a car. She didn't say she 'thought' it was Becky, or 'assumed' it was Becky, she said she heard Becky leave the house. Alive. She couldn't have done, we all know that.

The fact she lied to the police about Becky leaving the house, tells me she knew all about what had happened

He could have just said that rather than giving their names to his friend.

Confused about who was actually in the car with JI. Presumably KD as he was the one who set up the job but was NM also in the car?

Yes, and yes it IS an odd thing to mention. Stress of it all causing a nosebleed is plausible .. it could be coincidence. But now we have another bloody duvet into the equation and I can't stop thinking about it!! LOL

Yes, me to! It's like he's implicated himself more! It is probably just a coincidence but the prosecution could ask him about it and try to imply that it was his duvet that had been hidden.

Siobhan Robbins ‏@SiobhanRobbins 1h1 hour ago

Says JI said when he went back to Barton Hill the female was crying in the bedroom and telling the man to get out

^^^ O, perhaps this is SH telling JI to get out!!

I had initially thought SH was telling NM to get out

Claire Hayhurst ‏@clairehayhurst · 1 hr1 hour ago
SK says Ireland told him he returned to Barton Hill and had a cigarette. Woman there was "shouting at the male" and telling him to get out.

Don't think this sounds like the woman was shouting at JI

But she still didn't think the repetative sound of an electric saw was weird - especially when there was no DIY to show for it. She didn't think NM's sudden desire to buy lots of cleaning products and make a single room in their hovel dirt-free was weird?

Let's not forget, SH was the one who said

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-bristol-34506138

If she wasn't implicit in the murder, why would she tell the police that she had heard Becky leave the house?

If she thought it was Becky she heard, then she must have known exactly where NM was at that point or she wouldn't have known exactly who was stomping and banging the door.

We all know Becky didn't slam that door as she was dead.

So either SH made that up .......

or she heard someone bang the door (which could only have been NM carrying the body to the car) so why didn't SH consider that it might have been NM? Surely she'd have investigated the stomping and banging, especially as he would have been outside for a while if putting a body in a car. She didn't say she 'thought' it was Becky, or 'assumed' it was Becky, she said she heard Becky leave the house. Alive. She couldn't have done, we all know that.

The fact she lied to the police about Becky leaving the house, tells me she knew all about what had happened

Unless she had just inferred that it was Becky because that is what NM told her. If she asked 'what was all that banging' and NM said 'oh it must've been Becky leaving' ... then that would explain her defence. Not sure I believe this either but I'm just saying it is possible.

Siobhan Robbins ‏@SiobhanRobbins [video=twitter;656791432078970880]https://twitter.com/SiobhanRobbins/status/656791432078970880[/video]
In May told police she found him to be "a bit snappy".Never felt frightened of him, never threatening in any way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Essmat Arafa