ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
From about 1:04 to 1:40 on the right side, you can see the drop-off to the creek. I assume that's the embankment where Grandpa said he last saw Deorr. That's a big drop.

It does look like a big drop in that part of the video, but I think some of that is due to the angle of the camera. If you look at the straight-on shot of the campground near the end of the video it gives a different perspective.

The thing that struck me is that the woods around the campground really are not that thick. It looks like pine trees without a lot of underbrush.

I was never able to work out what truck he has (year/model) but isn't it what is known as an extended or bonus cab? I think these had either storage or a pair of small child seats turned 90 degrees depending on model?

Can I be cheeky and ask what you are thinking here?
Looks like a late 80's Dodge Cummins

Now I don't know about that. When we were getting ready for our camping trip this summer, I specifically BOUGHT our grandson a pair of boots for that very trip. I'm not sure I understand your thoughts regarding the inappropriateness of boots for camping? We also brought other footwear for him with us, including Crocs and slippers, sneakers, etc LOL. We wanted to make sure we were well prepared!

ILOKAL. I love your post. But I would love a inventory of clothing and toys that the parents brought for Deorr for this trip.

So if they planned on staying for a week. I just want to make sure that they had a week of clothing, and toys packed for him for the trip since there is no laundromat in the area. Plus he was young.

So if they planned on camping for 4 days. Then i want to make sure that the parents had 4 to 6 days worth of clothing for him. Jmo

But don't say that we were going to be here for 5 days. But we only brought him 2 outfits for the trip. Jmo

Football players don't wear boots on the grid iron. So why put boots on him at the campsite. Did he also have on a long sleeve shirt and pants to cover bug bites?

Please. It doesn't seem like the parents thought that far ahead for mosquito protection. Jmo.

Or did he just have boots and a diaper on while running around the wilderness.

Come on.

DeOrr Jr. Was wearing a long sleeve camouflage zip up lightweight jacket and medium colored blue lightweight knit pajama bottoms that covered his legs.

Mountain lions do not eat shoes. So where are the shoes. Plus what toddler wears boots at a campsite. Most toddlers can't run up hills with boots on.

It just seems odd that you put boots on the kid while he is running around. Now i know they were not steel toe boots. But come on. Did they pack any other footwear?
Yeah idk about anyone else's two year old but if mine wants to wear his boots he WILL be wearing his boot...doesn't matter if I'm for it or not. Lol

I was reading a book a while back on how to handle terrible twos. They kept saying pick your battles with your two year old wisely..let them choose sometimes or get their way on the little things. Anyways I don't know of maybe I took that to heart a little too much but my son wore snow boots to target last week. I know I looked dumb with my two year old in snow boots and I got all kinds of looks. But hey he wanted to wear them and it didn't hurt him or anyone. My point is I guess I don't think its weird at all. Sounds like DeOrr liked those boots.

ILOKAL. I love your post. But I would love a inventory of clothing and toys that the parents brought for Deorr for this trip.

So if they planned on staying for a week. I just want to make sure that they had a week of clothing, and toys packed for him for the trip since there is no laundromat in the area. Plus he was young.

So if they planned on camping for 4 days. Then i want to make sure that the parents had 4 to 6 days worth of clothing for him. Jmo

But don't say that we were going to be here for 5 days. But we only brought him 2 outfits for the trip. Jmo

I wonder if LE had considered checking clothing inventory?

It does look like a big drop in that part of the video, but I think some of that is due to the angle of the camera. If you look at the straight-on shot of the campground near the end of the video it gives a different perspective.

The thing that struck me is that the woods around the campground really are not that thick. It looks like pine trees without a lot of underbrush.

I'm pretty sure I read a LONG time ago the description of the Salmon-Challis National Forest and IIRC it was pine trees and sagebrush. IMO since I'm too tired to find the link.

Yeah idk about anyone else's two year old but if mine wants to wear his boots he WILL be wearing his boot...doesn't matter if I'm for it or not. Lol

I was reading a book a while back on how to handle terrible twos. They kept saying pick your battles with your two year old wisely..let them choose sometimes or get their way on the little things. Anyways I don't know of maybe I took that to heart a little too much but my son wore snow boots to target last week. I know I looked dumb with my two year old in snow boots and I got all kinds of looks. But hey he wanted to wear them and it didn't hurt him or anyone. My point is I guess I don't think its weird at all. Sounds like DeOrr liked those boots.

I just want to know. How many days that they planned on staying. And how much clothes that they packed for him.

I just don't want to hear that we were staying for 6 days. But we only packed 2 days worth of clothing.

That's all that I'm asking. Since it can show premeditated if the math doesn't equal up. Jmo

I was just going to reply to gliving's last post but it disappeared. What gives?

My apologies. I deleted a post saying it's illegal to fasten a child's car seat to a jump seat. The parents are taking enough heat as it is.

Good for you giagreen for letting your son wear snow boots to Target! I totally agree with the "choose your battles" philosophy when dealing with young children. My son went through a time when he would only wear clothes if they were green, that included a pair of green/camo boots that he wore everywhere.

Good for you giagreen for letting your son wear snow boots to Target! I totally agree with the "choose your battles" philosophy when dealing with young children. My son went through a time when he would only wear clothes if they were green, that included a pair of green/camo boots that he wore everywhere.
I was surprised how many weird looks I got. Lol but really you do have to pick your battles wisley or you'll go nuts trying to get everything just right. Its actually working.

Lol he'd only wear green. That's actually really funny. Kids are funny.

I just want to know. How many days that they planned on staying. And how much clothes that they packed for him.

I just don't want to hear that we were staying for 6 days. But we only packed 2 days worth of clothing.

That's all that I'm asking. Since it can show premeditated if the math doesn't equal up. Jmo

I think they would of checked it out. I think they would of hopefully searched their car, camper, everything. If they sent in GGP ex and stuff then they had to of I would think.

I've heard conflicting reports on how long they were staying. At least threw the weekend.

My apologies. I deleted a post saying it's illegal to fasten a child's car seat to a jump seat. The parents are taking enough heat as it is.

There are some strange laws for pickups, that's all I know. So laws that apply to automobiles don't necessarily apply to pickups. If they have a bench seat in front, that may be where the car seat was.

Mountain lions do not eat shoes. So where are the shoes. Plus what toddler wears boots at a campsite. Most toddlers can't run up hills with boots on.

It just seems odd that you put boots on the kid while he is running around. Now i know they were not steel toe boots. But come on. Did they pack any other footwear?

My youngest went through a phase where he wore cowboy boots -- actual honest-to-goodness cowboy boots, which are way more impractical than the type of boots DeOrr was wearing -- all. the. time. Including when we were camping. I have an adorable picture of him wearing them with shorts and a tee shirt while running around in the woods. Yup. Because there are way bigger battles to fight when it comes to toddlers. If he wanted to wear boots, who'm I to disagree?

As for WHERE the boots are -- they're camo. They're probably tiny since he was tiny. They could be darn near anywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Contrary Marge