KY - Gabriella Doolin, 7, Allen County, 14 Nov 2015 #1 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been trying to catch up and might have missed this. But how did LE end up searching his house that night, so soon after the crime? Early on LE reported getting a tip. Do we know anymore about that? Was he home when LE arrived to search?

LE has not said anything about what lead them to him, not even in the warrant papers.

Well neighbor, I think someone was with him, and I have a very good reason to think that; aside from his "we" slip up, but since it's a rumor that I can't seem to verify, it'll have to remain off this thread.

I hate to even think it....
But, I have wondered if another child was with him and witness to it. :(

LE has not said anything about what lead them to him, not even in the warrant papers.

Well wouldn't he have had to be dripping wet and covered in mud?? I would think that would be enough. I wonder how he explained that!

Try using google chrome. It loads right up and it has a box that says "you have 2 or 3 views left" and once you read a specific article, that article is free always--if you want to go back and re-read something. Hope this helps.

Thanks!

Well wouldn't he have had to be dripping wet and covered in mud?? I would think that would be enough. I wonder how he explained that!

Certainly could be. I imagine it was something super obvious. I bet his behavior and appearance was something they noticed immediately.

Certainly could be. I imagine it was something super obvious. I bet his behavior and appearance was something they noticed immediately.

He sure doesn't seem to be "the sharpest pencil" in the box..Maybe that is why so many of us misinterpreted this crime as being committed by a juvenile.

I've been following this case from the beginning. I don't post often but this case is close to my heart. I have 2 boys and a girl (8,6,4) and my boys play football. It's a big deal around here. I often let my 6 and 4 year old run around without a care at football games. I know everybody up there and I always feel safe. This changes my perspective completely. I'm so heartbroken for what happened to Gabbi. I have been looking on this site (and topix) for any info o could find. When I logged on this evening and saw an arrest was made I immediately got goose bumps and felt a sense of excitement! But then immediately a sense of sadness. I love my babies so much. I just cannot imagine what or how her parents feel about knowing the details of her demise. I'm a pretty strong person and have def been thru stuff in my life but I can guarantee I'd be in a looney bin if o were her parents. The thought makes me physically ill. I hope he burns in hell!!

He sure doesn't seem to be "the sharpest pencil" in the box..Maybe that is why so many of us misinterpreted this crime as being committed by a juvenile.

I totally agree. I for sure thought it would be a juvenile.

So many questions are going through my mind.......did TM go to/leave the game with other people? Was he there to help in the search? Did the people sitting around him notice him gone for some time period? Had Gabbi stayed the night at his house in the past with his daughter? How did no one hear her screaming? Because surely she was at some point.

And not sure if this allowed to be mentioned if not I'm sure a mod will delete. But I discovered that it appears that the Deputy Jailer for Allen County has the same last name as TM's wifes' maiden name. Not sure how/if they (TM's wife and the Deputy Jailer) are related but in such a small town I would imagine they probably are in some way. Kind of interesting....

I'm not trying to be gruesome....But I just don't see how he got this child all the way back to that pond, did what he did to her, and without help... Little girls can scream. Her mother said Gabbi was loud...He took her 400ft. away in the dark, with hundreds of people there. In order to do what he did to this child...Wouldn't someone have had to help hold her down and cover her mouth? It's not like he was somewhere where she wouldn't be heard. She would have been, if she had screamed at the top of her lungs...How did he keep this child quiet as he took her into the darkness, to that wooded creek area? She would have been difficult to keep quiet and hold, if she were kicking and screaming. Think a toddler, that is throwing a tantrum and this was a 7 year old child...I think he must have had help. Also...the time frame for this crime is so short. He wouldn't have had much time to do all he did to her and in that place, if Gabbi was fighting with him.

I'm not trying to be gruesome....But I just don't see how he got this child all the way back to that pond, did what he did to her, and without help... Little girls can scream. Her mother said Gabbi was loud...He took her 400ft. away in the dark, with hundreds of people there. In order to do what he did to this child...Wouldn't someone have had to help hold her down and cover her mouth? It's not like he was somewhere where she wouldn't be heard. She would have been, if she had screamed at the top of her lungs...How did he keep this child quiet as he took her into the darkness, to that wooded creek area? She would have been difficult to keep quiet and hold, if she were kicking and screaming. Think a toddler, that is throwing a tantrum and this was a 7 year old child...I think he must have had help. Also...the time frame for this crime is so short. He wouldn't have had much time to do all he did to her and in that place, if Gabbi was fighting with him.

It's really a myth that all children and/or adults scream and when they are being kidnapped and assaulted. I worked at a county advocacy center for years and more often than not...a child is manipulated or forced into silence, or paralyzed with fear. These horrible assaults can and do happen so quickly. It's hard to imagine and accept, but it does happen.

BBM.

Not very private. That's the area where concessions are sold and where the restrooms are located.

Thanks Amy for the thought out post. I agree with you, this scenario. I am sickened beyond, for poor Gabbi, her family (that eventually they can heal) and for the community which is rocked to its core. I am heartsick and the police really did a good, swift job at closing in on this pathetic excuse for a father, husband, so-called friend, past class mate of the Doolins. It is beyond my comprehension actually. I pray for everyone related to this case!:leaf:

I think she was probably trusting at first. He is a sicko. He most likely acted very nice, indeed cunning, until they were well out of sight of the crowd. He lured her somehow. Then, he turned into a monster and she was probably so shocked and scared that she was too overcome with fear to do anything. She may have cried but he silenced her. Thus the strangulation. I doubt anyone else was involved. This jerk thinks he's Mr. Fine Upstanding Citizen and he wouldn't want anyone else to know otherwise.

Okay...finally was able to watch that interview. Ugh. Creepy.

Thankfully I think he's digging his own grave.

Especially the part about the two friends walking by...then a minute later Gabbi walked by asking where they went. In his 'story'...he pointed her in the direction of her friends. (And this is apparently behind the bleachers...I wonder how private that area is?) And then 35-40 minutes later people started searching for her.

My speculation is that he didn't point her in the direction of her friends. He probably said, "I'll show you where they went...." And unfortunately we all know what happened after that.

New Poster, made a mistake with my last post, was supposed to go with this post. Thanks for understanding

Wow...I've been gone all day and haven't been able to follow this case today. I didn't think it would be Timmy even though others had said his name. Felt it would be one of his sons...
Just sick to my stomach even though I knew it had to be true. He lived right there on Mt. Carmel Church Road, where LE went immediately the night of the search. Someone had to see them together in order to give LE the tip that led them there right away.

Praying justice for Gabbi. Off to read all I have missed...

BTW, Timmy was friends with Gabbi's parents on FB, if I recall correctly. Been watching his page for days and also that of his sons. Timmy's page was taken down yesterday afternoon...

I don't intend for this to be any sort of excuse for anyone, but let's bear in mind that at this point, the man we know has been charged with these horrific crimes has only been charged. We don't have a confession nor do we have a conviction. At this point, Timothy Madden is nothing but a suspect. I'm not claiming that he's innocent, not in the least, but let's not assume that because he's been arrested that means he's guilty, either.

Those who were thinking it was a juvenile shouldn't reverse course so easily just because an adult has been arrested. What's the likelihood of a 38-year-old father of five suddenly murdering a 7-year-old child out of the blue? And how about the venue- a little league football game? Wouldn't it have been much easier and much less risky to get her to his car and leave the area to do his deed? If he could coax her to the woods, he could have just as easily, if not more so, have coaxed her to the parking lot; where he could have walked right up to his own car and in half a second, opened the door, thrown her inside, climbed in after her and drove off.

Again, I'm not convinced that Timothy Madden is totally innocent, and I'm not trying to defend him, but let's keep in mind that an arrest isn't the same thing as solving the case. Remember, police play games sometimes too. An example of a game police might play could be if there wasn't enough evidence to get a positive ID on a suspect, but you have a really good lead, so you arrest someone very close to the suspect...see if their conscience will allow them to let someone they care about take the fall for what they did...

Not trying to point a finger, but put it all together and it doesn't look like an adult did this. Not saying Timothy Madden didn't or couldn't do it, but his being a father of five may be significant information.

I don't intend for this to be any sort of excuse for anyone, but let's bear in mind that at this point, the man we know has been charged with these horrific crimes has only been charged. We don't have a confession nor do we have a conviction. At this point, Timothy Madden is nothing but a suspect. I'm not claiming that he's innocent, not in the least, but let's not assume that because he's been arrested that means he's guilty, either.

Those who were thinking it was a juvenile shouldn't reverse course so easily just because an adult has been arrested. What's the likelihood of a 38-year-old father of five suddenly murdering a 7-year-old child out of the blue? And how about the venue- a little league football game? Wouldn't it have been much easier and much less risky to get her to his car and leave the area to do his deed? If he could coax her to the woods, he could have just as easily, if not more so, have coaxed her to the parking lot; where he could have walked right up to his own car and in half a second, opened the door, thrown her inside, climbed in after her and drove off.

Again, I'm not convinced that Timothy Madden is totally innocent, and I'm not trying to defend him, but let's keep in mind that an arrest isn't the same thing as solving the case. Remember, police play games sometimes too. An example of a game police might play could be if there wasn't enough evidence to get a positive ID on a suspect, but you have a really good lead, so you arrest someone very close to the suspect...see if their conscience will allow them to let someone they care about take the fall for what they did...

Not trying to point a finger, but put it all together and it doesn't look like an adult did this. Not saying Timothy Madden didn't or couldn't do it, but his being a father of five may be significant information.

Of course, LE can "play games." They can lie about evidence to a suspect or his family. They can create scenarios in an interrogation. They can go after someone to get someone else. They can do all kinds of things. But, in this case...they would have had to place HIS DNA inside her body, to be found in an autopsy for testing. The DNA found in her rape kit, came back to him. Not his family...HIM. And personally, I don't find him being a father significant. Fathers have been rapists, molesters, serial killers, thief's, frauds, etc. This would not be the first time a father brutally killed a child that was not his.

JMO, but the DNA is a clincher.

ETA: This was a frenzied and violent crime of opportunity, IMO. It will never make sense. It was an opportunity seized. Putting her in car and leaving would not make sense. Removing himself from the area with or without her would not make sense. Then he AND her are missing at the same time. I imagine that her knowing him is significant. He couldn't just take her somewhere and assault her and return...just hoping she wouldn't say anything or no one would suspect. These crimes don't make sense. It's a pedophile who sees an opportunity and takes it, and then tries to get away with it. It seems very simple to me, but that's totally JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jennyboo