IN - Amanda Blackburn, 28, pregnant, murdered, Indianapolis, 10 Nov 2015 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's go time ladies (I assume most of us are woman, am I right?) what do we know about the named suspect. I'm not very sleuthy yet but hoping to learn from you.

I will ask my sister Debra momentarily.

Has anyone read or hear a news report that states something like, "The apartment where a search warrant was served is in the same neighborhood which has seen a recent rash of burglaries. In fact, just a few blocks from this apartment, a burglary took place on the same morning that Amanda Blackburn was murdered, and her neighbor's home burglarized. Police released surveillance images in that incident which show three suspects in hooded jackets, who entered the home while the occupants were asleep inside. WXYZ asked IMPD if there is a connection, but they refuse to comment"; or, alternatively, "IMPD tells us they've ruled out a connection."

I haven't listened to every news video, but I've read just about every article, and I haven't seen the San Clemente incident referenced in any article about the Blackburn investigation. I find that surprising. It's like the big white elephant in the room that no one has acknowledged. Perhaps there is no link, but you'd think that as much as the media likes to speculate, someone would have mentioned it.

Along with Larry Taylor the murderer Two other men have also been arrested in the case, according to police. Jalen Watson and Diano Gordon have also been tied to the Blackburn case, as well as to other burglaries in the area.

So glad they're off the streets. Let justice begin.

Has anyone read or hear a news report that states something like, "The apartment where a search warrant was served is in the same neighborhood which has seen a recent rash of burglaries. In fact, just a few blocks from this apartment, a a burglary took place on the same morning that Amanda Blackburn was murdered, and her neighbor's home burglarized. Police released surveillance images in that incident which show three suspects in hooded jackets, who entered the home while the occupants were asleep inside. WXYZ asked IMPD if there is a connection, but they refuse to comment"; or, alternatively, "IMPD tells us they've ruled out a connection."

I haven't listened to every news video, but I've read just about every article, and I haven't seen the San Clemente incident referenced in any article about the Blackburn investigation. I find that surprising. It's like the big white elephant in the room that no one has acknowledged. Perhaps there is no link, but you'd think that as much as the media likes to speculate, someone would have mentioned it.

Idk. But the guy in the san clemente video that were filmed with 2 others inside; had on the same exact clothing as Larry Taylor. Jmo.

INDIANAPOLIS -

Eyewitness News Crimebeat reporter Steve Jefferson says Indianapolis Metro Police have*arrested 18-year-old*Larry Taylor of Indianapolis on murder charges. *

Taylor is one of four men who were questioned in the Amanda Blackburn murder. Taylor is currently in the Arrestee Processing Center. Undercover officers spent all day Sunday to get Taylor in custody.*

Sources say police were warned that Taylor may have been armed. *

See more stories about the Blackburn case here.

The 28-year-old pastor's wife*was found dead by her husband on November tenth when he returned home from a workout at the gym.*
Victory-Baby-Yes-06.jpg

link

Way to go, IMPD!

What was the San Clemente incident? Or where in the tread was it discussed if you remember?

Wow, that's mighty quick - going to our web link that I can't remember who posted for us -- http://inmateinfo.indy.gov/IML

Put in the magic name "Larry Taylor" and the murder charge comes up!

that's efficiency my friends.

The link I just posted also says the door was left unlocked so I guess they just walked into the home and encountered Amanda.

http://fox59.com/2015/11/23/impd-makes-arrests-in-amanda-blackburn-case/

INDIANAPOLIS (November 23, 2015) – Fox 59 News has learned that three suspects have been arrested for the rape and murder of Amanda Blackburn on Indianapolis’ northwest side two weeks ago and will also be charged in three more burglaries including a rape at the Westlake Apartments.

The suspects are Larry Taylor, Jalen Watson and Diano Gordon.

Watson and Gordon were in custody on parole violations. Taylor, who was previously taken into custody and released, was re-arrested Sunday night at a relative’s home.

A fourth individual who was aware of the rapes, robberies, burglaries and murder but did not participate was questioned and released.

Sources tell Fox 59 News that detectives have collected evidence linking the trio to a previous rape and robbery at the Westlake Apartments where the suspects were living until early November.

The men then moved to an address on San Clemente Drive where detectives believe two of the suspects were captured on a surveillance video burglarizing a neighbor’s apartment.

<modsnip>

"public nudity" and "public indecency" were prior charges - back in august.

And there it is... The nagging little bug in my brain has finally shut up.

"The men then moved to an address on San Clemente Drive where detectives believe two of the suspects were captured on a surveillance video burglarizing a neighbor&#8217;s apartment."

ETA: I have to add, that reading this article has left me very sad.

Alright, I'm ready for Captain Converse's next presser. I want to see him with the satisfaction of getting the job done so efficiently and getting this trash off the streets.

Accept my apology please, sir.

And there it is... The nagging little bug in my brain has finally shut up.

"The men then moved to an address on San Clemente Drive where detectives believe two of the suspects were captured on a surveillance video burglarizing a neighbor&#8217;s apartment."

ETA: I have to add, that reading this article has left me very sad.

I just didn't want the rape part to be true. And why does it take a rape and murder to get these people off the street. Geez

So was she raped by 1. Or did he open the back door for his partner to come in or what. There was only 1 guy at the house right?

So was she raped by 1. Or did he open the back door for his partner to come in or what. There was only 1 guy at the house right?

"While two of the suspects left with Blackburn&#8217;s ATM card to retrieve money, a source told Fox 59 News, Taylor reportedly raped and killed Amanda."

So that means 3 were there initially.

It's hard to tell. It could be that only Taylor was at the home, and the other guys picked him up.

"While two of the suspects left with Blackburn&#8217;s ATM card to retrieve money, a source told Fox 59 News, Taylor reportedly raped and killed Amanda."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MeanBean