CA - 14 killed in San Bernardino mass shooting, 2 Dec 2015 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
FWIW

In 2014, the United Arab Emirates released a list of groups it deemed to be terrorist organizations. On that list were both the Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR) and the Muslim American Society.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...-a-e-is-calling-2-american-groups-terrorists/

With the new terrorism list, it seems that U.A.E. is pushing the polar opposite viewpoint: That Islamist groups are part of a larger ecosystem and are thus dangerous in themselves. For the United States, which often favors dialogue with moderate Islamist groups and has recently found a strong partner in the U.A.E., that might be a problem.

Next time one thinks LE might make a visit to one's house, remember this trick. Now that he's out, the FBI continues to question him. Since he's now been in a mental facility, can he purchase guns legally? Why Long Beach and not somewhere closer to home?

http://www.sbsun.com/general-news/2...ility-hours-following-san-bernardino-massacre

Enrique Marquez checked himself into a mental health facility in Long Beach under a psych hold soon after two radicalized terrorists gunned down 35 San Bernardino County employees at a Christmas Party killing 14.

SofieRose
Thanks for posting this. I'd like to read more about it. :tyou:

Journalist Daniel Pearl was beheaded back in 2002.

http://www.meforum.org/713/beheading-in-the-name-of-islam

Another, albeit less-frequently, cited Qur'anic passage also sanctions beheadings of non-Muslims. Sura 8:12 reads: "I will cast dread into the hearts of the unbelievers. Strike off their heads, then, and strike off all of their fingertips."

After 9/11 I found myself strongly arguing on the side of moderate Muslims, often my opinion was a minority opinion. I find it more and more difficult to speak so strongly right now. I'm watching, and frankly reeling at where our easy access into Canada/US has got us. Yes, I know about the home growns. That is not what I am talking about. I'm talking about a culture so very different than ours that is being shoved into the daily lives of Europeans. We are not that far behind if we don't stop and think.

I felt exactly the same way after 9/11 and I was vehemently against the war in Iraq. I don't just say that now, I decided to go to Iran on vacation in April of 2003 because I had always wanted to visit/experience a conservative Muslim country and with war brewing I thought the window of opportunity was closing.

Things have changed a lot since then, the players in the middle east are very different now and we need to open our eyes to the difference instead of burying our head in the sand. We need to protect our home front first and foremost and that means stop the influx of potential radicals and crack down on the ones that are already here.

One possible way to do that would be to declare war on ISIS. That would allow the government to go after radical elements in this country and charge any sympathizers with treason. Instead of waiting until they blow something up they could be charged with "offering aid and support" to the enemy, even online correspondence showing they sympathize with ISIS could qualify.

Regarding the supposed call to LE a week before the attacks, weren't they visiting a firing range a week before? It would be awesome if someone from the range called but it doesn't look like that was the case.

Reports say he was at the range 2 days before practicing with a new rifle, it started smoking and he asked a range master for help. If that is true he must have decided not to use it in the attack.

Interview with guys at the range: http://www.cbsnews.com/news/san-bernardino-shooters-farook-malilk-practiced-at-gun-range-fbi/

Is it me, or does this seem ridiculous to anyone else. Harry Reid is calling for an 'ISIS Czar.'
:facepalm:

Is that a political position one would hold? Aren't we at war with ISIS? Wouldn't the Pentagon
or the DOJ or Homeland Security be in charge of our ISIS interactions?

http://www.cnn.com/2015/12/07/politics/reid-isis-czar/

Washington (CNN)A day after President Barack Obama's Oval Office address to the nation about the efforts he's leading to defeat ISIS, Senate Minority Leader Harry Reid announced a new Democratic bill meant to "take the fight to ISIS while enhancing the protection of Americans here at home."

The bill includes creation of an "ISIS czar" -- a federal employee who is "fully empowered to unify the federal government's efforts in fighting ISIS," Reid said on the Senate floor. "We did it with Ebola. We certainly can do it with this scourge that is facing this country, ISIS."

So we need a new bureaucratic federal employee to combat ISIS? Don't we have someone in charge of this already??????

Megyn Kelly interviews a guy about the supposed call on Farook one week before the massacre. Realistically it has to be the same guy, Syed Farook isn't exactly a common name.

Glad the media is covering this as maybe that will uncover an answer.

[video=youtube;_eaD4WGdiUg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_eaD4WGdiUg[/video]

So Isis members are not Muslims?

ISIS members are Muslims in the same way that Klansmen are Christian.

One wouldn't want to treat Klansmen as representative of Christianity -- so why would it be appropriate to treat ISIS members as representative of Islam?

I was on an interview today and instead of listening to the HR Manager I was too busy looking around to see how much of a sitting duck I would be working there. Exits, bathrooms, windows. Instead of asking important benefit questions I was plotting my escape plan. I think I need a break. Lol.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

One should always have an escape plan, I spent a lot of years living in the 2nd city, Chicago. You needed eyes in the back of your head and an escape plan at all times. Now I live in a much smaller community, still haven't lost it. I've lost a lot of the worry but the old ways die hard.

But you're missing the point -- there is a huge problem with hate against Muslims in the USA. Muslims are about 390 times more likely to be the subject of a religious-bias attack than Protestants (the largest religious category in the USA). Don't you think that is significant? If that doesn't say Islamophobia to you, I don't know what would.

And the only way we'll know about how the SB attacks have increased this hatred is by looking back a year or more from now.

There's a reason for it, albeit a bad one. The few idiot's out there are giving the rest of them the problem. Who's problem is it, who needs to take care of it? It's all of our problems, but only Islam can fix the problem, I just don't see them as doing much to rectify the situation. I see people as people, there's good and bad in every religion, and ethnic group. I'll still give anyone a chance to be a friend. We all need more friends that enemies, don't we?

As I see it, if you won't follow any American laws that are in conflict with Sharia law it is probably best to find a place that supports the laws you are willing to adhere to.

I believe it is up to the individual to make sacrifices to accomodate what is a priority in and to their lives. For example, while not exactly the same, I absolutely love the gorgeous and breathtaking beauty that is Washington State--it is an absolutely stunning visual feast for the eyes and a balm for the soul, and I would enjoy waking up to it every day but what I enjoy even more is being able to live in a place that is committed to living in a way that is more consistent with and respectful of the Constitution of the United States. So I had to choose, and I chose not to live in WA. I consider that a hard choice and a sacrifice but I know that that is necessary in life and worth it.

Would you also say that Kim Davis should move elsewhere, since the laws of her state and nation do not support her beliefs and she was not able to obey those laws?

A large number of Protestants commit murder for religious purposes?

We have just seen Islamic extremists take down a Russian airliner, attack a mall in Mumbai, killing women and children, killing hundreds of college students in Paris, and co-workers at a Christmas party in California.

Have the Protestant Religious extremists beheaded anyone in the name of Jesus lately?

No they use guns and bombs, like the shooter at the Colorado Planned Parenthood. Then you've got the IRA who still dabbles in random violence. The oldest radical Christian's group in America the KKK, I could go on and on. We have them here, they just don't get reported as a radical Christian group.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/12/05/socal-jihadist-wife-pledged-allegiance-to-isis-report/

War of words: Did FBI Director Comey force Obama's hand?
<snipped & BBM>

In an unusual and brief address to reporters at which Attorney General Loretta Lynch appeared and questions were not taken on camera, FBI Director James Comey affirmed the bureau's LA office's characterization earlier in the day.

"This is now a federal terrorism investigation," Comey said, alluding to evidence collected from electronic devices and reports that Syed Rizwan Farook and Tashfeen Malik may have been sympathetic to radical terrorist groups prior to the attack. After his comments, Comey asked pool reporters if they had any questions, but the pre-taped event, which was later distributed to media outlets, was cut off abruptly and no questions were permitted.

The director, a Republican appointed in 2013 and a former deputy attorney general under President George W. Bush," did not allude to the Muslim faith of suspects Syed Rizwan Farook and Tashfeen Malik. But in pronouncing it a case of terrorism, he seemed to be stating the obvious while at the same time going farther than President Obama has been willing to go and possibly hinting at some behind-the-scenes dissent.

Sources told Fox News Lynch was there to "ensure [Comey] didn't take it too far" in his characterization of the attacks.

Lol. I never thought of that. Oh snap. She gets more virgins if it is done on Western soil. Lol. Good point.

I hate to say it but it's JMO that virgins are going to be in short supply where they're going, and the only Allah they'll meet will have a ruddy complexion and horns..

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/12/05/socal-jihadist-wife-pledged-allegiance-to-isis-report/

War of words: Did FBI Director Comey force Obama's hand?
<snipped & BBM>

In an unusual and brief address to reporters at which Attorney General Loretta Lynch appeared and questions were not taken on camera, FBI Director James Comey affirmed the bureau's LA office's characterization earlier in the day.

"This is now a federal terrorism investigation," Comey said, alluding to evidence collected from electronic devices and reports that Syed Rizwan Farook and Tashfeen Malik may have been sympathetic to radical terrorist groups prior to the attack. After his comments, Comey asked pool reporters if they had any questions, but the pre-taped event, which was later distributed to media outlets, was cut off abruptly and no questions were permitted.

The director, a Republican appointed in 2013 and a former deputy attorney general under President George W. Bush," did not allude to the Muslim faith of suspects Syed Rizwan Farook and Tashfeen Malik. But in pronouncing it a case of terrorism, he seemed to be stating the obvious while at the same time going farther than President Obama has been willing to go and possibly hinting at some behind-the-scenes dissent.

Sources told Fox News Lynch was there to "ensure [Comey] didn't take it too far" in his characterization of the attacks.

Hi Fox! My, my, what a tangled web they weave. It is only a matter of time now. Once there is no longer a threat of reprisal and/or retribution, I suspect the whole house of cards will fall within hours of that removed threat. And I predict it is going to be one ugly, messy, and revealing fall.

Well, she seems to be quite the benevolent dictator these days!!

But you're missing the point -- there is a huge problem with hate against Muslims in the USA. Muslims are about 390 times more likely to be the subject of a religious-bias attack than Protestants (the largest religious category in the USA). Don't you think that is significant? If that doesn't say Islamophobia to you, I don't know what would.

And the only way we'll know about how the SB attacks have increased this hatred is by looking back a year or more from now.

I was surprised to see the biggest problem is hate against Jews. What's up with that?

Department of Justice Will Go After Anti-Muslim Hate Speech

http://abcnews.go.com/US/department-justice-anti-muslim-hate-speech/story?id=35585946

U.S. Attorney General Loretta Lynch pledged that the Department of Justice will go after hate speech that might incite violence against the Muslim community, she told a crowd of Muslim-Americans and supporters Thursday night.

Can't wait for her to condemn and go after Trump.
Why do I constantly think this administration has an agenda, and it's not in our best interest.

I was surprised to see the biggest problem is hate against Jews. What's up with that?

My opinion is- it's Biblical.

Surprised to see so many here still think its a good idea to continue to allow immigration of muslims and just hope for the best.
Wonder why the other muslim/arab countries aren't taking any of these refugees? My understanding is none are going to Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, etc..
They are the same religion. If I have to go somewhere, I wish to be with my own, UNLESS I have another agenda.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fesmike