Found Deceased UK - Sally Allan, 59, Ponteland, Northumberland, 26 December 2015

Holding a spot with updated speed cctv.
[video=youtube;pizrI-cHx1o]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pizrI-cHx1o[/video]

Hi all,
its been a long time since I posted on this site but living in the proximity to where some of the searching is on-going for Sally this case has touched me.t

I am pleased that some of the facts has been cleared up as from the start I couldnt understand why her husband wouldnt question where she was going at 3am.

One thing that I am still having a hard time understanding is in the first post I ever saw on Facebook was from a lady who was out walking and was approached by a man asking if she had seen Sally at all, as he was concerned that she may be planning something very sad. In a later post by the same lady she is asking the public to keep looking for Sally and claims that the man whom she spoke to earlier was in fact David, Sallys son. If this is the case then surely that indicates that the family know something is not right/happened?

Does seem as if more is known than is being reported in MSM. My thought is that Sally chose to depart the house and my reasoning is her clothing. She did not / could not risk going back to the bedroom for clothes , so was only able to put on clothing that would have been available to her downstairs .. the fleece, the jacket and her boots.
The fact that she put on both fleece and a jaxket indicates she was going for maximum warmth and was intending to make a longish walk from her home.

Wondering if Sally usually walked down the middle of the street, i do that sometimes at night or if nervous walking past some places.
If Sally did not usually walk in the center of the road, then it would imply to me, that she was being cautious, which suggests she was lucid and knew exactly what she was doing, how odd, imo. speculation.

A few things stand out for me.

Her husband stated that when he saw her at 3:00am he assumed she was just going downstairs for water or a cup of tea. When she didn't come back to bed he thought she'd just gone to stay in the guest room. Why? I find this strange at best. It leaves me wondering if they often slept apart (and if so why?), did they quarrel that night and perhaps she found something out/ something triggered her enough and upset her so much that she grabbed her jacket and boots and headed off with the intention to take her life.

Like others here I see a woman walking with great determination in that video. I am left wondering if she kept walking until she found the courage to jump into that icy cold river. I surely hope not, but I sadly suspect that's what she did. MOO.

Yes, it's the pajamas, that to me signal argument and a quick departure.

A few things stand out for me.

Her husband stated that when he saw her at 3:00am he assumed she was just going downstairs for water or a cup of tea. When she didn't come back to bed he thought she'd just gone to stay in the guest room. Why? I find this strange at best. It leaves me wondering if they often slept apart (and if so why?), did they quarrel that night and perhaps she found something out/ something triggered her enough and upset her so much that she grabbed her jacket and boots and headed off with the intention to take her life.

Like others here I see a woman walking with great determination in that video. I am left wondering if she kept walking until she found the courage to jump into that icy cold river. I surely hope not, but I sadly suspect that's what she did. MOO.

Snoring can lead to couples sleeping apart, so can restless leg syndrome.

One more thought: Sally only appears to be swinging her left arm in the video. Her right arm holds fairly steady by her right side. This tells me she might be holding something in her right hand that means something. She keeps it close to her body. In fact, her right side stays fairly rigid while the left seems more fluid. If she had a stroke and lost use of her right arm, this could explain it, but there has been no mention of a recent stroke, unless one happened that evening. MOO.

One more thought: Sally only appears to be swinging her left arm in the video. Her right arm holds fairly steady by her right side. This tells me she might be holding something in her right hand that means something. She keeps it close to her body. In fact, her right side stays fairly rigid while the left seems more fluid. If she had a stroke and lost use of her right arm, this could explain it, but there has been no mention of a recent stroke, unless one happened that evening. MOO.

Hmmm...Didn't know this.

http://news.psu.edu/story/153087/20...swing-asymmetry-early-sign-parkinsons-disease

My partner doesn't sleep very well and can be up a few times of a night. I wouldn't think he was doing anything other than getting a drink and if he didn't return I would just assume he had decided to settle in front of the tv downstairs. There's nothing odd about that and we are very close but sometimes somebody might need space to sleep, a different environment. It does not mean there was a problem in the marriage.

Yes, Parkinson's makes sense, but the family hasn't stated that there were any medical issues. Still, it could be there were undiagnosed ones, no? And of course, they might be choosing to keep these things private.

Robin Williams comes to mind.

My partner doesn't sleep very well and can be up a few times of a night. I wouldn't think he was doing anything other than getting a drink and if he didn't return I would just assume he had decided to settle in front of the tv downstairs. There's nothing odd about that and we are very close but sometimes somebody might need space to sleep, a different environment. It does not mean there was a problem in the marriage.

I agree completely. I have terrible problems sleeping and will often go downstairs and read or listen to podcasts until I drop off on the sofa. My partner probably wakes up 2-3 times a week and I'm not there in bed with him, he wouldn't think anything was unusual at all until he came downstairs and found I wasn't in the house. Hence if I have slept downstairs and left early to go to the gym/shop/for a walk I leave a note.

Sally reminds me very much of Jeffrey Boucher. Unfortunately I think we'll have the same outcome.

I agree completely. I have terrible problems sleeping and will often go downstairs and read or listen to podcasts until I drop off on the sofa. My partner probably wakes up 2-3 times a week and I'm not there in bed with him, he wouldn't think anything was unusual at all until he came downstairs and found I wasn't in the house. Hence if I have slept downstairs and left early to go to the gym/shop/for a walk I leave a note.

Sally reminds me very much of Jeffrey Boucher. Unfortunately I think we'll have the same outcome.

I followed Jeff's case too, we had his wife posting here which is always welcome but makes it all the harder when the outcome is bad. Was there ever an inquest into his death? I think the thread here got closed at wife's request.

I had to google that case, I do vaguely remember it but hadn't known that his body was eventually found.

I guess the difference is that Sally wasn't known to go out in the middle of the night (although of course that doesn't mean she didn't).

One thing that was mentioned in the article I've just read about JB was the sound of the door opening/closing which was something I'd thought about in Sally's case - I'd wondered whether her husband might have heard the door or whether she made sure to leave quietly.

I agree with others that there isn't necessarily anything odd about assuming someone has slept in a spare bed to avoid disturbing their partner

I followed Jeff's case too, we had his wife posting here which is always welcome but makes it all the harder when the outcome is bad. Was there ever an inquest into his death? I think the thread here got closed at wife's request.

The article that came up when I googled said that the verdict was accidental death as there was a head injury and a fall was assumed

I can see 4 threads on the case but then they just seem to stop (no link to a 5th at the end of the 4th)

It's a shame that Sally isn't getting the same attention - missing over a week and only just over 100 posts

I had to google that case, I do vaguely remember it but hadn't known that his body was eventually found.

I guess the difference is that Sally wasn't known to go out in the middle of the night (although of course that doesn't mean she didn't).

One thing that was mentioned in the article I've just read about JB was the sound of the door opening/closing which was something I'd thought about in Sally's case - I'd wondered whether her husband might have heard the door or whether she made sure to leave quietly.

I agree with others that there isn't necessarily anything odd about assuming someone has slept in a spare bed to avoid disturbing their partner

BIB, yes, good point. But I suppose we only have the departure time of 3.10am being quoted by the police because they have looked at the later timings of Sally, en route, and have worked backwards, time wise, and taken the last sighting of Sally, by her husband, as her departure time from her home.
But, it could be possible that Sally did not leave until perhaps 20 minutes or so later - so 3.30am - by which time her husband could have gone back to sleep. Having said that, she does seem to have been fully aware of what she was doing, fleece, jacket and boots put on, so no doubt she would also take care to close the door quietly, so as not to wake her husband.

Wonder if she was afflicted with Sundowning Syndrome?

http://www.webmd.com/alzheimers/guide/manage-sundowning

I am probably clouded by what happened with my sons great grandmother but Alzheimers (or something similar that has affected her mind)makes the most sense to me. In her case she showed no other symptoms till she started going out in the middle of the night thinking it was daytime. Luckily the place she was going to wasn't near water and as she reached her destination and the shops were shut she came back home, but maybe Sally was heading somewhere further away and just kept walking and sadly ended up in the river. Is she walking along a shopping centre in the CCTV video?

I'm not surprised by her husband and neighbours using the past tense as I think in this case it's pretty likely that the worst has happened and it would be hard to stop your subconscious from going there. We see her heading out in the middle of the night in pyjamas, completely out of character, no further CCTV footage of her beyond that point and she's been gone for a week. What we do know from CCTV makes it seem less hopeful than if we knew nothing. Though I hope and pray she's found safe I can fully understand why past tense references are slipping in.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buggy8993
Back