Found Deceased TN - Noah Chamberlin, 2, Pinson, 14 Jan 2016 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
6 days now :( Without food, water or proper winter clothing. Hope the searchers will find him alive is pretty much gone, at this point and I really hated typing that. I just hope they DO find him and can give this poor family (and the awesome extended family/community) some closure.

I would love to hear what the 4 yr old big sister has to say too. Big sisters are notoriously protective of younger siblings. I am pretty sure she knew where he was headed and what he was up to, moments before he went missing. Four year olds don't usually miss a thing.

Possibly.

Yet she could have fallen or something and gotten hurt and grandma was tending to her and thus she (sis) was also distracted...

Or she could have needed her shoe tied or dirt dumped out of it or sticklers out of a sock or whatever (again meaning she was also distracted interacting with grandma)...

Or she could have been pitching a fit about something, thus taking grandma's attention for a few moments, while also again being oblivious to her brother wandering or something.

:dunno:

Possibly.

Yet she could have fallen or something and gotten hurt and grandma was tending to her and thus she (sis) was also distracted...

Or she could have needed her shoe tied or dirt dumped out of it or sticklers out of a sock or whatever (again meaning she was also distracted interacting with grandma)...

Or she could have been pitching a fit about something, thus taking grandma's attention for a few moments, while also again being oblivious to her brother wandering or something.

:dunno:

But isn't it automatic instinct to get the younger child standing right next to you whilst you do that?

I'm far from a perfect parent, if anything I'm overprotective, but if I ever had to give my full attention to one of my children, I made sure the others were right next to me whilst I did it. I can't imagine not doing that in the middle of a forest with a 2 year old. Surely you'd sit them down right next to you whilst you did what needed to be done?

Chester County Sheriff Blair Weaver said family members are not talking to reporters, but one man close to the family said Noah's father was "frantic" when he discovered his son was missing.

http://wreg.com/2016/01/19/details-surface-about-family-of-noah-chamberlin/

Mehr said the Chamberlin family has been cooperative with law enforcement officials since the search began, and federal and state agencies have been assisting, working with both the family and the investigation.

“The family has been cooperative and supportive,” Mehr said. “The FBI and TBI have been doing background and support (operations) for us. A behavioral science unit has been called in to assist.”

http://www.jacksonsun.com/story/news/2016/01/19/still-search-and-rescue/79018538/

[the above link contains video of the most recent presser]

Chester County Sheriff Blair Weaver has said repeatedly that he doesn't believe foul play was involved in the boy's disappearance

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...s-search-missing-tennessee-2-year-old-n499431

But isn't it automatic instinct to get the younger child standing right next to you whilst you do that?

I'm far from a perfect parent, if anything I'm overprotective, but if I ever had to give my full attention to one of my children, I made sure the others were right next to me whilst I did it. I can't imagine not doing that in the middle of a forest with a 2 year old. Surely you'd sit them down right next to you whilst you did what needed to be done?

I honestly think the 4 year old must have been throwing a temper tantrum, gramma probably would have been frustrated, maybe a little overwhelmed, sister was being loud, and gramma would have felt a false sense of security since they were basically in her backyard.

I also really believe that he must have fallen or climbed into a hole close to where he went missing. That's the only scenario I think truly fits.

It seems that this is the re-grouping time. I hope they go back and start at the house, search it again, search all structures in the proximity, and begin to move out from there. Unless he was taken by a wild animal (which I think is unlikely) and if he was out in the woods, some clue has been missed. How much water is nearby? We have seen that sonar doesn't always yield what is in the water. I think the best water searches are usually searchers in the water moving foot by foot.

I'd say for any decent mom/grandma it's gut instinct to feel protective yes. I'd also say it's not at all unrealistic to assume that SHE assumed Noah was still right there the whole time she was distracted with his sister because she never heard any kind of crunching of leaves or anything as he walked/ran off. For parents that have never had a small child literally go *poof* and disappear, it's hard to wrap your head around just how FAST those little legs can move. Especially when you KNOW they were right there - a moment ago because you were watching them.

My now 33 yr old did it once when she was 2 when I was in the bathroom. I'd just checked on her, went to the bathroom, came out and she was gone. Out the front door she went and I found her walking down the sidewalk holding the hand of an old lady. (I immediately installed child safety locks on the front door, after I was done having a heart attack).

My now 29 yr old did it at the mall when she was about 2, TWICE in the same day. The first time I was holding her hand and she let go and hid behind a pillar. The second time hubby was holding her hand she let go and crawled under one of those benches they have in malls. We went home immediately and to this day, I hate malls.

My now 18 yr old did it when she was just under 2, when we were unpacking at a winter cottage for the weekend. All the kids were playing in the living room, we were unpacking and putting groceries in the cupboards and I looked out the kitchen window and there she was, standing in 2 feet of snow, in nothing but her diaper and t-shirt, crying. NO ONE even saw her walk out the door.

I think most parents have stories like this. It's just impossible to watch kids every minute of every day, and when they do slip away they're darn fast. For those that never had a sneak-away kid, be thankful you've never experienced that horrifying feeling where you genuinely have NO IDEA where your baby is. It's paralyzing and your mind (and heart rate) races like mad. This is what the family of Noah is going through right now, for the last 6 days. Even 5 minutes of it feels like a lifetime so I cannot imagine how they're suffering.

moo.

Behavioral science is concerned with gaining a better understanding of human behavior. The BRIU focuses specifically on criminal human behavior in an attempt to better understand criminals—who they are, how they think, why they do what they do—as a means to help solve crimes and prevent criminal activity.

https://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cirg/investigations-and-operations-support/briu

from tlcya's post, BBM:

“The family has been cooperative and supportive,” Mehr said. “The FBI and TBI have been doing background and support (operations) for us. A behavioral science unit has been called in to assist.”

http://www.jacksonsun.com/story/news...scue/79018538/

Think Behavioral Analysis Unit (BAU) like you see on Criminal Minds (except is it anything like what we see on TV :dunno: )

That said, if I EVER had a missing child/persons case on my hands, these are the professionals I'd want on scene FROM JUMP (and they have been there from within 24 hours IIRC).

IME (following countless cases here), this is what they do, they build profiles, and assist when children go missing (although not always under these particular circumstances). Granted, this is just a small part of their repertoire.

I said this before, we have to focus on what's being said and NOT being said at this juncture. It's been almost a week. I have zero doubt the TBI is doing all it can quietly behind the scenes. However, they've not taken the lead (yet).

Whatever it takes to bring him home.

#FindNoah

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Behavioral science is concerned with gaining a better understanding of human behavior. The BRIU focuses specifically on criminal human behavior in an attempt to better understand criminals—who they are, how they think, why they do what they do—as a means to help solve crimes and prevent criminal activity.

https://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cirg/investigations-and-operations-support/briu

Thank you for posting the link. So the TBI would be the state arm of this (and I'm certain they have support from Quantico) :moo:

at the 7:20 mark in the video of presser at http://www.jacksonsun.com/story/news/2016/01/19/still-search-and-rescue/79018538/

is statements regarding the storm shelter, the concrete rumor, psychics, social media and false rumors in general.

"a lot of rumors like that tie us up when we need to be searching. But we have to follow up on every lead so . . .That's the problem with a lot of social media and rumors, how they get started. It ties us up and takes us away from what we need to be doing."

"You know, we're talking about that and we can sit here or stand here and say please don't start all these rumors but people are gonna do it because they enjoy it."

Thank you for posting the link. So the TBI would be the state arm of this (and I'm certain they have support from Quantico) :moo:

Who better to assist local authorities with quickly determining if there is reason to suspect foul play? I am glad the local agencies are using all the support available to them. Helps them to quickly separate the wheat from the chaff in this case. This makes me feel better about LE stating they do not suspect foul play because it appears to me that belief is supported by experts in criminal behavior.

I'd say for any decent mom/grandma it's gut instinct to feel protective yes. I'd also say it's not at all unrealistic to assume that SHE assumed Noah was still right there the whole time she was distracted with his sister because she never heard any kind of crunching of leaves or anything as he walked/ran off. For parents that have never had a small child literally go *poof* and disappear, it's hard to wrap your head around just how FAST those little legs can move. Especially when you KNOW they were right there - a moment ago because you were watching them.

moo.

Agreed. I have many similar stories.

When you are essentially alone in your own back yard, there aren't others around, etc., you don't react in the same way you would if you were in a crowded park or the mall, where you worry someone might snatch them or they might run into the road.

Especially if your 2-yo is already intently distracted by something (a bug, a leaf, etc.) and you need to tend to the other child for what you anticipate being a brief moment. No way would you interrupt the attention they were paying to something and try to convince them to sit still somewhere while you did something as simple as help another child tie her shoe, zip her coat, take off a jacket, etc. You'd be glad the younger one was occupied and that you could help the one that needed something without having to deal with both of them at the same time.

Who better to assist local authorities with quickly determining if there is reason to suspect foul play? I am glad the local agencies are using all the support available to them. Helps them to quickly separate the wheat from the chaff in this case. This makes me feel better about LE stating they do not suspect foul play because it appears to me that belief is supported by experts in criminal behavior.

I couldn't agree with you more, tlcya! The thanks button just wasn't enough!!!

#FindNoah

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads