Bosma Murder Trial 02.09.16 - Day 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are currently 113 users browsing this thread. (34 members and 79 guests)

Am I right in understanding the media arrived at MB's house before the police came to cut off the lock on the trailer?

It would seem so. They knocked on the neighbours door and when he saw the picture with the trailer, he then called police.

Adam Carter
Feb 9 2016 3:51 PM
The officers then went door to door in an attempt to find out when the trailer showed up in the driveway.

Adam Carter
Feb 9 2016 3:53 PM
Police found video of the trailer being towed on the Thursday night. Court will see that video, assistant Crown Tony Leitch says.

Mark Carcasole ‏@MarkCarcGlobal 1m1 minute ago
Wieck repeats Levangie's story about doing s door knock..No answer. He requested for units to come take photos of trailer, canvas neighbours

Mark Carcasole ‏@MarkCarcGlobal 39s40 seconds ago
Wieck says 3 officers canvassed door to door to figure out when trailer arrived. Looking for info for surveillance video. #MillardSmich

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 2m2 minutes ago
He ordered truck sealed and photographed...Calls neighbourhood "affluent" and "a very nice place."

molly hayesVerified account ‏@mollyhayes 39s39 seconds ago
In that canvas, Weick says one officer got video footage of the trailer being towed in on the Thurs night. #Bosma

Mark Carcasole ‏@MarkCarcGlobal 2m2 minutes ago
During canvass, Wieck says one officer reported finding video of the trailer being towed into #Millard's mom's driveway earlier that week.

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 2m2 minutes ago
We will see video of the trailer being towed to Dellen #Millard's mother's house #TimBosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 34s34 seconds ago
Confirmed with @HamiltonPolice investigators that it was Tim #Bosma's truck.

Mark Carcasole ‏@MarkCarcGlobal 43s44 seconds ago
Wieck says officers ran truck's VIN # through various computer databases. "After that...we had discovered that (it was #Bosma's truck)."

Mark Carcasole ‏@MarkCarcGlobal 3m3 minutes ago
VIN # from trailer came back registered to a company called "#Millard Air Inc." says Wieck. #MillardSmich

Mark Carcasole ‏@MarkCarcGlobal 3m3 minutes ago
No further questions for officer Wiecke. #MillardAir

Mark Carcasole ‏@MarkCarcGlobal 1m1 minute ago
That wraps day 6 of #MillardSmich trial. Jury dismissed. Lawyers and judge have some legal arguments to deal with.

This is like reading a book 10 pages at a time and I can only read those pages M-T. lol I'd like to see how others would answer :)

#1 thing I didn't know before today- I didn't know that the young guy across the road was able to give LE such a detailed accounting of the delivery of the trailer and neighbour had video.
#1 highlight of today's testimony- The very confident Rogers employee and availability of intricate cell/text details.
#1 thing the testimony left me asking today- why did SS change is phone on the 7th.
#1 absolute worse thing I heard- DM eye contact and smile at SB.

MOO

You got to love when video evidence is discovered. Seals the deal. MOO.

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 2m2 minutes ago
In that canvas, Weick says one officer got video footage of the trailer being towed in on the Thurs night. #Bosma

You got to love when video evidence is discovered. Seals the deal. MOO.

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 2m2 minutes ago

Hopefully this means we don't have to have the 'what night was the Leafs game' debate any more.

Adam Carter
Feb 9 2016 3:55 PM
After they checked the VIN number, Hamilton police told the officers that this was Tim Bosma's truck.

Adam Carter
Feb 9 2016 3:58 PM
The owner of the trailer was Millard Air Inc, Weick says he was told when the VIN was checked.

Adam Carter
Feb 9 2016 3:58 PM
No cross examination. Weick is excused.

Adam Carter
Feb 9 2016 4:00 PM
Justice Goodman again reminds the jury they can't take second hand evidence as truth. "You cannot accept that as the truth of his contents," he says.

Adam Carter
And that's it for today. The jury is being excused.

What does the judge mean here?

Adam Carter
Justice Goodman again reminds the jury they can't take second hand evidence as truth. "You cannot accept that as the truth of his contents," he says

Adam Carter
Justice Goodman again reminds the jury they can't take second hand evidence as truth. "You cannot accept that as the truth of his contents," he says

Yeah, I'm no philosopher but it seems like we're edging dangerously on 'there is no such thing as truth'. Maybe we missed something that couldn't be tweeted.

Adam Carter
Feb 9 2016 4:03 PM
We're back tomorrow at 10 a.m.

Adam Carter

I understood it as just because Wieck said he was told the trailer belonged to Millard Air doesn't mean it did, unless they provide evidence as such (photo of VIN, etc)

Adam Carter
IMO, if I was a Juror, I would take that as the Judge telling me that even though LE said they checked the VIN etc and came to the conclusion that it was TB's truck, that's that not enough to actually prove beyond a reasonable doubt that it was. Thus, the Crown will have to prove further that that was in fact TB's truck. That was my take on it.

I'm curious... if any of you posting/reading were, let's say, for example, the ex-girlfriend or ex-boyfriend of someone now on trial for murder - and you knew your name was going to be revealed in court... would you leave all your old SM accounts up and running? :thinking:

Or old FB accounts. ???

Adam Carter

The owner of the trailer was Millard Air Inc, Weick says he was told when the VIN was checked.

I think he may have been referring to this

Adam Carter

Judge Goodman wants to make sure he's leaving no wiggle room or excuses for appeals saying he didn't instruct the jurors properly perhaps. MOO.

Example: One of Rafferty's excuse for appeal.

His second ground claims “the honourable judge failed to properly instruct the jury.”

http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/...y_killer_michael_raffertys_appeal_notice.html

Are jurors not sequestered here in Canada? There is so much a juror could read including this site. What happens in a case like this? Anyone know?

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

Are jurors not sequestered here in Canada? There is so much a juror could read including this site. What happens in a case like this? Anyone know?

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

It's pretty rare nowadays.
The court is expecting the jurors to uphold to the rule of staying away from media, people discussing the case, etc. They will without a doubt hear things but can't allow it to hinder what they are told while present in court. There's a huge difference between seeking out information and overhearing information.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrimeJunkie82