Found Deceased MA - Zachary Marr, 22, Boston, 13 Feb 2016 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
according to this article, he was probably staying with his cousin who made him Dinner. I wonder where they parked. According to this, he was seen at the Boston Public Market. According to their FB page https://www.facebook.com/pages/Boston-Public-Market/848877121869970?fref=ts there is parking that you wouldn't even have to go outside, elevators etc. If they parked there ( again, don't know where they parked if at all) there could be something hinky with that garage. Again, just guessing!

I think it means he was seen outside the Boston Public Market by the cameras, there's no way that would be open at 1:30 AM at night, in fact it was probably already closed at the time they arrived at the bar, I'm sure he was never in there that night. I mean the pictures from the market are the ones in the fist post here. There's no direct entrance from parking to the bar. The market is near the train station though if that's where he was heading...

Zachary Marr
missing%20guy_1455472711087_1674472_ver1.0_640_360.jpg

Police looking for missing 22-year-old

Downtown Boston, Massachusetts -
Police are looking for a man who was last seen in downtown Boston early Saturday morning.

Harvard Police said Zachary Marr was last seen in the area of the Bell in Hand bar, but did not return home.

Surveillance video from Boston Public Market shows Marr had stepped outside to have a cigarette.
Zackary%201-2_1455472712027_1675312_ver1.0_640_360.jpg

The Boston Police Department, in collaboration with the Harvard, MA Police Department, is seeking the public’s assistance in efforts to locate 22-year-old Zachary Marr. Mr. Marr was last seen outside of the Bell in Hand bar in the area of 45 Union Street, Boston at about 1:40 AM on Saturday, February 13, 2016. Mr. Marr is described as a white male, about 5’08” tall and approximately 175 lbs. with short brown hair, blue eyes, and a beard. Mr. Marr was last seen wearing dark jeans, a blue sweatshirt, and black sneakers. Mr. Marr was visiting Boston from Harvard, MA.

Zackary%202_1455472712026_1675311_ver1.0_640_360.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/BostonPoliceDepartment/

http://www.myfoxboston.com/news/police-looking-for-missing-22-year-old/82432895

Sent from my T1000 ultra slim Tricorder in my Mercedes-Maybach S600 using Tapatalk

In this photo it sure.looks like he is on his cell phone.

I wonder if they've been able to determine who he was on the phone with, and the content of the conversation.

Might be a big clue.
Hope they can access his records.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2...oes-missing/mPCt0RQvnNnZ2mLpLsC9IN/story.html

Snip

“He’s a smart kid and a quick learner,’’ Matt Marr told me Tuesday as we sat in the den of his home in Harvard. “He’s a determined kid, and he was going to show people just what he could do.’’

All of that is on hold now as Boston police detectives and local police here try to piece together what happened to Zachary Marr after he stepped into the frigid early-morning air outside a tavern near Faneuil Hall. It was 1:50 a.m. Saturday. Time for a quick cigarette. So quick that he left his coat inside.

In a surveillance video, he is seen outside the bar. And then, nothing.

“They were having a great time,’’ Matt Marr said. “There were some Snapchats, saying we ought to do this again. This is great. They were out on the dance floor, celebrating his birthday in the big city. Why would he ditch his cousins after that?’’

Those cousins called his cellphone four times, reaching nothing but voicemail.

“Maybe he got jumped,’’ his father said. “Maybe they took his cellphone.’’ Maybe.

When I talked to Marr on Tuesday, he had just returned from the local bank, open for the first time since the holiday weekend. The news was cryptic but, Marr chose to believe, hopeful. He said he was told that there has been some activity on his son’s account since his disappearance.

“There were some transactions made,’’ he said. “But they couldn’t release any information.’’ Within hours, that report was deemed misleading. In fact, the last transaction was the train ticket purchase.

More at link.

Poor dad. He is devastated.

After a slow start, this story is starting to get a lot of coverage in Boston and his photo is the lead story on boston.com. It looks like the family is doing a good job with the media. His poor father probably hasn't slept in days. I hope their efforts pay off.

This is heartbreaking...

"While he waits for the phone to ring, he’s got this message for his son: “There’s a lot of love and support for you. Please just come home. Be safe. Get inside from the cold. Just give me a hug.’’

A simple, poignant plea from a father who put his son on a train to North Station, believing it was carrying him toward the celebration of one of life’s bright milestones."

https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2...oes-missing/mPCt0RQvnNnZ2mLpLsC9IN/story.html

This is heartbreaking...

"While he waits for the phone to ring, he’s got this message for his son: “There’s a lot of love and support for you. Please just come home. Be safe. Get inside from the cold. Just give me a hug.’’

A simple, poignant plea from a father who put his son on a train to North Station, believing it was carrying him toward the celebration of one of life’s bright milestones."

...and how many dads get an "I love you too" text from their 22-year old son? It really does seem like a close family. In an earlier article, the dad said Zachary had some "street smarts" and the cousin speculated about "meeting a woman". I'm afraid that maybe Zachary was looking for a little adventure to cap off his night and he met up with a bad person.

...and how many dads get an "I love you too" text from their 22-year old son? It really does seem like a close family. In an earlier article, the dad said Zachary had some "street smarts" and the cousin speculated about "meeting a woman". I'm afraid that maybe Zachary was looking for a little adventure to cap off his night and he met up with a bad person.

I don't know... I'm thinking Dad is right. This kid got jumped. "Hey buddy got a light?" "Spare a couple bucks for the train?" "I'm stranded could you make a call for me?"... It happens. Sometimes just over a phone, or shoes or whatever. But if that's the case, where is Zach?! It's like he just vanished.

I was really hoping for some good news on this one. Had friends driving for Uber in the city asking all over, looking around. I hope they find him soon, poor kid...

Ugh! This poor guy and family. What are the chances he's hiding somewhere? I hope against hope he is.
Where are you Zach?

Hi Guys!

I just heard about this, and what haunts me is in this day and age with cameras everywhere it seems so bizaire that a camrea like 3 stores over one way, or the other , or at an angle four stores away would not see some"progression of his movements. Its very strange --no?

It has been beyond cold in Boston. Very concerned for this young man....and shame on the bar for not letting him back in to get his coat.

what ia am hearing now is that was not accurate - other patrons were going in and out at the time , not sure which is accurate tho

It seems that way, or at any rate, if people were leaving the bar he would take that opportunity to get back in, I would think. I think he was gone very, very quickly after he sent the snap chat.

humm just hit me prostitude in car???

I wouldn't think the doors would lock when someone goes outside but if it did surely there would be a bar employee close by. I guess thoughts going to employees not letting someone return after they leave comes because we have seen some many cases of this same scenario. If this is what happened, shame on the bar.

If Zachary went to smoke at 1:40 and it was as cold as reported would he stay outside for 20 min? I don't know cause I don't smoke but maybe someone here who does smoke can weigh in on that.

JMO

twenty minutes seems a bit long , but if we move up to 155 PM it might make some sense that doors were being locked. But restaurant is dddly claiming that ohters were going in and out at the "time"

On a Sat night I would think there would be a difference between door "status" at 140 and 1:57. They are somewhat vague here! Sat night, staff tired, cold way home, it would make sense that staff would not "wait" until 2:00 on the dot to start close out just mo

Thanks, Judiny. That's really helpful. So it sounds much more hopeful that he just wanted to get away, for whatever reason.

I don't think it's against forum rules to post a business' public facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/bellinhandtavern/

Or maybe it's not hopeful at all. Intending to leave without a jacket and throwing your cousins off the trail by saying you're unable to get back in isn't really a good sign.

Jeanna helpful post. The way they worded it I learned a lot from it. It makes no sense that the local outlets stories I have seen thus far trying to catch leave this out : Other video has shown he was last seen in front of the garage heading towards surface artery. I think that is important.

Folks in that area;
How far is the garage referred to from the actual bar?
What types of retail would be passed going that way (ie cameras along that route)?
What direction is that?
What is the artery?
Is it a place someone would be heading at that time?
Is it a dnagerous part of town, or the dsirection he was heading entering a more dangerous area?

Again the media is well the media , in stories like this time is ecerything.
My sense has been it "started" at 140. I dont know about others but to me in terms of , for lack of a better phrase, "bar behaivior" - there is a big diff between 120 (facebook page) and news general coverage of 140

not doing a big conspiracy here . There are "things" (especially in freezing cold) folks need to do to prepare for closing. Settle tab, fnal order, restroom, start saying goodbye etc.

At 120 I would be like less rushed to get "ready" for closing

just musings ........

Thanks, Judiny. That's really helpful. So it sounds much more hopeful that he just wanted to get away, for whatever reason.

I don't think it's against forum rules to post a business' public facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/bellinhandtavern/

Or maybe it's not hopeful at all. Intending to leave without a jacket and throwing your cousins off the trail by saying you're unable to get back in isn't really a good sign.

forgot
u're unable to get back in isn't really a good sign.​

I am with ya -- as i am catching up my hinky meter is increasing in volume

So he didn't text his cousins, that he couldn't get back inside... I wish they just showed the darn text!

My Hinkey meter is saying something is missing from the account of his going outside, that is being given...

Just got to this after last post---so agree, its also interesting that several local outlets made references to him "having some issues" but being in college and working full time.

When I first heard the "issues" angle i thought alcolol or drugs, domestic violence, or some sort of legal stuff. It also struck me as unique that media seemed "OK" with not "dying" to find out exactly what the family was referring to.

In addition Dads comment that went something like, its ok just come back, did not sound IMO congruent with a parent whose kid is missing. It struck me like dad was saying there would no hassles and/or he would not be in trouble from his family - just come back

Snip

Amanda Marr said she picked up Zachary from North Station at 6 p.m. on Friday and the two drove back to her apartment in South Boston where she prepared dinner for him: chicken, chips, guacamole, and hummus.

She said they had a drink before leaving to go to the Bell in Hand about 10 p.m. She said Zachary Marr stepped out to smoke a cigarette several times.

At 1:30 a.m. Saturday, Zachary sent Marr a text that he was going out for a smoke, she said. About five minutes later, she said, he sent her a Snapchat saying that bar staff was not letting him back in.

During a brief text exchange Zachary told her he was “Out front.” At 1:50 a.m. Amanda Marr and the rest of the group made their way outside, but Zachary Marr was nowhere to be found, she said.

“I was trying to stay calm,” she said. “Maybe he went for a walk.”

Another cousin searched around the corner and found no sign of him.

Amanda said she figured Zachary might have spotted a friend or met a woman, but she thought she’d hear from him later that day.

By 10 a.m. on Saturday there was still no word from her cousin. She said she contacted police and took to canvassing the area where she got surveillance videos that place Zachary Marr in front of the Boston Public Market near the bar at 1:40 a.m.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2...sing-boston/oiJk05Q1wbh5qoMpnkmmPJ/story.html

Amanda said she figured Zachary might have spotted a friend or met a woman,

unless his cell croaked IMO thats pretty tacky , if it was a woman , not to let others know anything especiaaly that close to closing --takes me back to sinister..............

Snip

Amanda Marr said she picked up Zachary from North Station at 6 p.m. on Friday and the two drove back to her apartment in South Boston where she prepared dinner for him: chicken, chips, guacamole, and hummus.

She said they had a drink before leaving to go to the Bell in Hand about 10 p.m. She said Zachary Marr stepped out to smoke a cigarette several times.

At 1:30 a.m. Saturday, Zachary sent Marr a text that he was going out for a smoke, she said. About five minutes later, she said, he sent her a Snapchat saying that bar staff was not letting him back in.

During a brief text exchange Zachary told her he was “Out front.” At 1:50 a.m. Amanda Marr and the rest of the group made their way outside, but Zachary Marr was nowhere to be found, she said.

“I was trying to stay calm,” she said. “Maybe he went for a walk.”

Another cousin searched around the corner and found no sign of him.

Amanda said she figured Zachary might have spotted a friend or met a woman, but she thought she’d hear from him later that day.

By 10 a.m. on Saturday there was still no word from her cousin. She said she contacted police and took to canvassing the area where she got surveillance videos that place Zachary Marr in front of the Boston Public Market near the bar at 1:40 a.m.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2...sing-boston/oiJk05Q1wbh5qoMpnkmmPJ/story.html

Boston Public Market how close id this to acttual bar ? Is this same direction others "locations" mentioned are ?

@JeannaT
It's not unheard of for a guy out at a club to leave with a pretty girl. Maybe his friends were hoping he got lucky, instead of... unlucky.

Eveb if really blasted , not remebering to inform several folks within 10 feet of you is just not ok to not text saying you found someone and all is well

Dont text and stuff but I thought I wonder if the was really blasted, thought his phone was working, texted them something like above - but his phone was dead and he was too oblitereted to notice?

Even drunk would you be able to KNOW your text or something did not go thorugh or "happen"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
utahtruecrimepod