Found Deceased MA - Zachary Marr, 22, Boston, 13 Feb 2016 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is really sad. Can't see it being a happy outcome.

I don't understand how they could have information/tip, of where to search... Unless someone seen him there that night.

I hope they can find out who he was on the phone to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh no. This reminds me of the young man that left the bar in Philly and wound up in the Schuylkill river. I hope I'm wrong

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Yes, my mind keeps going back to Shane Montgomery too. In fact, while his name stands out, I think just about every case I've read about like this (young male missing after leaving a bar) for as long as I can remember has ended the same way, in water :( Only Brogan Dulle (suicide by hanging) comes immediately to mind as being different.

I think it means he was seen outside the Boston Public Market by the cameras, there's no way that would be open at 1:30 AM at night, in fact it was probably already closed at the time they arrived at the bar, I'm sure he was never in there that night. I mean the pictures from the market are the ones in the fist post here. There's no direct entrance from parking to the bar. The market is near the train station though if that's where he was heading...

The last call for the Red line is 1:46 am on Fridays, which if they took the subway, is how they would have gotten back to South Boston. He would have needed to hop on the green line first to make his connection, and that also stops running around 1:46. He would have needed to get an earlier train if he was going to make the connecting route to the red line. Considering what time his cousins left the bar, they were probably not planning on taking the train home, because they would have neeed to leave much earlier than 1:50 when they left. I would venture to guess they were planning on grabbing a cab or calling an uber.

http://www.mbta.com/uploadedFiles/Documents/Schedules_and_Maps/Subway/frequency-schedule.pdf

Yes, my mind keeps going back to Shane Montgomery too. In fact, while his name stands out, I think just about every case I've read about like this (young male missing after leaving a bar) for as long as I can remember has ended the same way, in water :( Only Brogan Dulle (suicide by hanging) comes immediately to mind as being different.

The difference here in Zachary's case vs. all the other young men who go missing after leaving a bar alone in the wee hours is Zachary's intent was questionable. In all other cases I remember, the young man's intent was to walk to his dorm/car/apartment and they never get there.

No one really knows what Zachary's intent was, except to throw his cousins off the trail by saying he couldn't get back in, and then leaving where they expected him to be there when they exited the bar.

I think it's very likely he killed himself. Prayers by some miracle he's still alive somewhere.

"He sent me a Snapchat saying 'they're not letting me back in, let's leave,'" his cousin, Amanda, told necn. "I texted him and said 'Where are you?' and he said, 'Out front,' and that was at 1:41 a.m."

I absolutely believe that the bar would not let him back in. They close at 2:00 a.m. and need to clear the place out.
The bar is covering their butt.

"He sent me a Snapchat saying 'they're not letting me back in, let's leave,'" his cousin, Amanda, told necn. "I texted him and said 'Where are you?' and he said, 'Out front,' and that was at 1:41 a.m."

I absolutely believe that the bar would not let him back in. They close at 2:00 a.m. and need to clear the place out.
The bar is covering their butt.

I would be inclined to believe you, but they turned over the footage to LE and the family, and the family thanked them on their page for being so honest and helpful.

I think he didn't attempt to reenter. I do think there's a small chance he tried to get into Boston Market, which is where he was leaning against the door, and believed that to be the door to the Bell in Hand.

The difference here in Zachary's case vs. all the other young men who go missing after leaving a bar alone in the wee hours is Zachary's intent was questionable. In all other cases I remember, the young man's intent was to walk to his dorm/car/apartment and they never get there.

No one really knows what Zachary's intent was, except to throw his cousins off the trail by saying he couldn't get back in, and then leaving where they expected him to be there when they exited the bar.

I think it's very likely he killed himself. Prayers by some miracle he's still alive somewhere.

Not a suicide. Nope. A little bummed cause gramma died does not mean he killed himself. Suicidaly depressed, yet plans a birthday celebration with family? (And by all a counts he had a great time too!). He also had plans, school, work ect. I don't see one thing that points to suicide here.

Also, I don't think he lied to his friends to deliberately throw them off his trail. It may be his text was along the lines of "I can't get back in", and was misinterpreted, or they barred him access in the area just beyond the Camera, ( Yes. The bar would have reason to lie, not saying they did, but it's certainly done).

We have nothing about any mental health problems, from any account, nor any evidence that he was not trying to get in touch with his party.

Could an employee have said "hey, if you're leaving you aren't getting back in" and he didn't attempt it? I could see a door guy saying that. Once you're out at last call, you're out. Zach could have been drunk and figured whatever, I need a smoke figuring his group was right behind him anyway.

Could he have hopped the subway in the wrong direction (by mistake), thinking it's warm and he will just meet his group at home?

Could an employee have said "hey, if you're leaving you aren't getting back in" and he didn't attempt it? I could see a door guy saying that. Once you're out at last call, you're out. Zach could have been drunk and figured whatever, I need a smoke figuring his group was right behind him anyway.

I agree. At that time of night there is no reason to freak out about not getting let back in. My guess is he thought his group was gonna be right out, just like you said, but got cold or something and went to warm up. Unless he was jumped along the way, though, I don't understand why he wouldn't give them a heads up. He was in such contact, both with his dad and his cousins who were right in the bad with him (snap chatting them) so that's where I start to go hmmmm

Was he Intoxicated?
Sadly I don't think this will end well.
Like all the other missing young men they will find him in a body of water .

Why do guys leaving from bars end up in water.

I agree. At that time of night there is no reason to freak out about not getting let back in. My guess is he thought his group was gonna be right out, just like you said, but got cold or something and went to warm up. Unless he was jumped along the way, though, I don't understand why he wouldn't give them a heads up. He was in such contact, both with his dad and his cousins who were right in the bad with him (snap chatting them) so that's where I start to go hmmmm

Why would they not let a person back inside?
His coat and his friends or relatives were inside.
I don't think they cant stop u from re entering unless they PUT u out for intoxication. or disorderly.

Bars should NOT put drunk person out on the street...there should be a law...Call someone put him in a cab anything but tossing them out on the street. sorry for my rant but we see this happen over and over again.

Was he Intoxicated?
Sadly I don't think this will end well.
Like all the other missing young men they will find him in a body of water .

Why do guys leaving from bars end up in water.

BBM

IMO Alcohol.

Friends should not let friends who are drinking wonder alone. I harass my kids about this. It is so simple.

Boston is a pretty safe city, though, especially that part of town where there would be a lot of tourists. It's unlikely he was jumped, IMO, though I suppose possible.

From Jenna T "I do think there's a small chance he tried to get into Boston Market, which is where he was leaning against the door, and believed that to be the door to the Bell in Hand."
...that sounds plausible.
I think it was in some comments on boston.com that I read that the city installed a lot of street cameras after the marathon bombing. I tend to believe that and they probably got some federal funds to do so. In any event, they may have used the footage from those cameras to track him from the bar to North Station or the water near the Zakim and maybe that led to the search. I don't think he wandered towards the water to pee - the water can't be seen from outside the bar and it's a bit of a walk just to pee. He may have been so drunk that he convinced himself that he could find the train to get home. I don't see suicide here. I do think that his multiple trips outside to get a smoke could mean that he was anxious or he was trying to meet up with a third party for reasons that are unclear and possibly a little out if bounds. Lastly, I find it odd that his message to Amanda that he could not get back inside was a "snap chat" which I think means it disapperared. Could she have mis remembered his exact words - it was late and I assume they were all drinking. I'm gonna be sick to my stomach if they find him in that water.

Newbie poster, but long time lurker. The Boston Public Market across the street from the Bell in Hand. The surface artery (I-93) is east of both, and between the bar and Boston Harbor. It's about .4 mil east to the water from the bar. The bar is less than 1/4 mile from 3 subway stations, to the north, southwest and southeast. The commuter rail he would take to go back to Littleton is from North Station, about 1/2 mile north of the Bell in Hand. The area is busy and a central tourist location, with many restaurants, bars and retail shops. I wouldn't consider it a dangerous area, but it's still the city.

Oh my ty crusader ----

.4 mil east to the water from the bar. That has to be the answer --enibreation, loss of grandma, or hypothermia and loss of cognitive functioning and falling in

oh this is gonna end up sad ........................... we all probably , by this point know this huh??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa