Found Deceased PA - John Kohlbecker, 27, Philadelphia, 11 February 2016

Especially on a weekday.

Why do to there to go to a supermarket? Why not go closer to home? Do they sell anything special at the NJ store?

Woodstown nearby does some cowboy-like events, but not in Febuary, in the summer.

I live 15 minutes across the bridge from that area of NJ, but I never go over there. Why would John from Manayunk????

I doubt camping. Too cold.

Yea it makes no sense why that location, unless he did go camping or visited there during warmer months and went there for some emotional reason. Or if he met up with someone who had ill intentions and placed his car there.

I'm confused because this article states that police believe the clothes found by the Mullica River are John's. I'm not sure if this is misreporting or not but here's the article:

http://www.pressofatlanticcity.com/...9ec-d437-11e5-86ae-f36902731462.html?mode=jqm

Also, I found this bulletin on New Jersey State Police protocol on handling missing persons cases. It details the protocols for adults and children. I know some previous articles and the original alert sent out from NJSP said he was "at risk." Starting on page 2 of the link below they discuss the different ways to categorize a missing persons case, they have a category for "high risk" but not "at risk." Maybe this is just semantics but I found the whole link interesting and worth a read.

The link also discusses basic investigative things that must be done and what info on the missing person should be obtained. It also discusses the databases the missing person should be entered into. I checked all of them for adults in NJ that the public could have access to and checked PA as well and there's nothing. Here's the link:

http://www.njsp.org/divorg/invest/pdf/mpi-best-practices-protocol-103008.pdf

I've been checking on this thread now and again and have gotten progressively more annoyed.(modsnip)

the Police are advised to utilze the media to assist in search efforts when they find it necessary. The lack of any news update tells me that they don't need the media to get more information out at this time. If they felt the investigation would benefit from utilizing the media, I would think they would do so. Currently, that doesn't seem to be the case. As long as the family is kept informed that's what matters.

:welcome: nottooimpressed

I'm glad to hear you say that the family is being kept apprised by LE. If they are accepting of how LE is handling John's case, then that makes me feel more at ease. Often times families get frustrated with the lack of communication. Glad that's not the case here.

I think I can speak collectively and say that all we wish is for John to make it back home safe and sound.

@MamaJoJo Thanks for the welcome. Law enforcement has been nothing but communicative and respectful in my interactions with them. As I said in my censored comment, it's totally fine and warranted to feel upset, but it's disrespectful to post personal info and further counterproductive to post second- or third-hand inaccurate descriptions of lifestyle.

I think everyone here has good intentions, and concern for the victim. This forum is a vehicle to keep the story in the news, and try to figure out what happened.

Me and John used to walk through the woods of Roxborough and find abandon places to explore just out of curiosity.. I know time and age can change someone's personality and he might not be into that sort of thing any more but I wonder if he went out there in search of something like that and could have possibly gotten lost of injured somewhere. Are there any places located around the area of his car that would be categorized as a local oddity or something of that nature that he might be interested in? I understand that details of a case such as this are better not shared publicly until everything is able to be fully explained but still, it's extremely hard to wait for an answer.

BBM Above --- good question, but would he go exploring alone?

Out there at Wharton State Forest there IS a monument that is said to be haunted FWIW...

Carranza Monument: http://weirdnj.com/stories/mystery-history/carranza/
Shown on this map: http://www.state.nj.us/dep/parksandforests/parks/maps/WhartonAreaMapFinal_reduced.pdf

I do wonder where & when exactly his car was located?

ETA: if u scroll down at the first link I posted, its mentioned there is a Juvie Dentention Center on the road to the monument --- it's a Juvenile Bootcamp: http://wikimapia.org/681318/Wharton-Tract-Juvenile-Bootcamp

ETA2: http://www.burlingtoncountytimes.co...icle_fbd907c6-5ae0-519a-bd75-36021d4ba0eb.htm

@MamaJoJo Thanks for the welcome. Law enforcement has been nothing but communicative and respectful in my interactions with them. As I said in my censored comment, it's totally fine and warranted to feel upset, but it's disrespectful to post personal info and further counterproductive to post second- or third-hand inaccurate descriptions of lifestyle.

Welcome to Websleuths nottooimpressed!
It's good to have your input.
We are all hoping John turns up safe and well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think I posted to much. Didn't intend to hurt anyone in any way. I just wanted to make posts that showed John was a good person and not a threat to anyone. My intentions were only good and came from the heart. I didn't mean to upset or hurt anyone or make posts that were harmful. This site has helped with missing person cases. My intention was if someone saw the post they would contact the authorities if they had information or saw John in NJ.
I kind of went into panic mode when I saw posts online that were not nice about John and this was may way of coping with the situation. I also had hopes that if the time came for funding people would already be familiar with the case and may help out with search efforts.
My intention is not to cause a family feud or to cause hardship with friends. I will be taking a back seat and not post anymore and please accept my apology. If there is anything I can do to help I will. Again sorry if I said to much or anything hurtful. I hope you see this.

There have already been over 10,000 views on John's thread here at WS. That's good.

The nature of WS is calculated guessing, IMO. We only have so many facts to go on so there is always going to be an amount of speculation involved. Sometimes people are an open book, sometimes they are more private. Sometimes family or friends join in the discussion, sometimes we, here, are always on the outside. Generally, people who post on this site are here to help, are curious and have a genuine desire for the situation to be resolved.

Stop apologizing, Scarlet. You are sharing your truth. Tensions are always going to be high for those close to a situation like this where a loved one, a friend, is missing. The only way for the "speculation" to be quelled is for someone close to the case to become a verified insider. Maybe someone will go through the process but I totally understand why someone wouldn't. It sure helps, though, with getting the facts straight and with keeping John's story in the media. A family spokesperson is helpful; someone media savvy, someone who has the family's ear but can remain a bit detached. It's emotional stuff.

I will say this...any fighting or name calling only helps in shutting down a thread. And, I don't mean from the mods. Sure they vigilantly delete inappropriate posts (Go mods!) but other posters and people who read the thread lose interest pretty quickly if it gets nasty or if people feel they are getting shut down. Just an observation. Take it for whatever you feel it's worth.

Here is information about the process of becoming a verified insider...

We only verify people who know the players or have been named in the media, etc.
If a member wants to post as a professional ( a lawyer, shrink, and so on) or as a local/knows the people involved then they must email us at the following email.

wsverify@xmission.com

Please include:
The case
Your Websleuths name
Your phone number and a good time to call
Your real name.
In the subject line please put which case they are asking to be verified on.

All info will be kept strictly confidential.
Thank you!

Find your way home, John. Lots of people are concerned and want you back safe.

Honestly I feel there is a reason there hasn't been new info released. His story is kept a little quiet and it's best to keep it that way until his family wants it to get more attention. I can't imagine how his family feels. I am panicked and very upset that John has not been found yet. You all know from the start I want to go out and look for him, but me looking for him isn't going to find him. Truth is the Police are experienced, the search and rescue team know how to find people it's their job. I truly believe they know what's going on and have way more of a lead then we will ever have. I don't want to sound morbid and maybe I have watched way to many horror films, but I wonder if the grave yard near by was checked. We really don't know what has been searched through except that we know they looked south of his car.
John spent a lot of time in NJ and the fact he was pulled over at 9:30pm on the 11th shows he was there almost all day. He left work around 12:30pm and was seen at the shopright at 2:30pm. He was in NJ for a long time. My question is was he spotted in NJ after the 11th? It seems right now he was not, which is leaving me to believe after being pulled over he made his way to green bank.
As I said before I just want John to be alive. I think adult missing cases are handled differently then teens and children which is maybe a lot of the reason it's not as open. Maybe?

That is a very good point - in terms of minors getting a lot more attn. Cause as I have learned (Zach got me aware) it is amazing how many of these there are.

And I have found it confusing that is seems like "these" cases seem to have anout t three day news cycle and then poof.

But your mention of minors is valid - maybe that is where I go t the impression that these stories are covered more than adults and understandably so , I guess!

Just a little :bump: for John.

Where are you?

I'm not seeing anything new through MSM. Yes, people go missing all of the time. Some because they want to and some because they don't. Which is it for John?

Where could he have gone?

The weekend John went missing was mercilessly cold and windy. Is it feasible to consider that he went down to Green Bank to ultimately go camping in the Wharton State Forest that weekend? You all have mentioned that you fondly remember hanging out in the woods with him when you were younger. Did he still like the wilderness as an adult? If so, did he have a camping buddy or did he prefer to go solo? Could he be somewhere in the forest, now? What if he went out there that weekend, hiked out into the forest but underestimated how freaking cold it turned out to be and succumbed to the elements?

How do the clothes found by the river (if his) factor into his disappearance? You would think that if he was experiencing hypothermia (people shed their clothes because they feel super hot) that he wouldn't have been by the river at that point or he would have just gotten in his car and turned the engine on. Was the car operational? We still don't know the answer to that question, do we?

What were the clothes stained with? I'm trying to think of a scenario where John would be without his clothes in sub freezing weather. Did he bring additional clothes with him? Did the abandonment of the clothes make him naked or were there just one or two pieces found?

I'm also wondering, like Scarlet, what did John buy at ShopRite? Did he buy tons of stuff or just a few items? Did he buy things like a cooler and a kerosene lamp or was it just some snack food?

So many questions! The biggest being: where are you, John?!

Looks like John's thread is still getting a lot of views...almost 12,000 now.

Where is he?

What are most of you thinking? Give an educated guess or just your hunch.

Why would the clothing have been left by the river's edge? I can't seem to wrap my head around a scenario that makes sense. Nothing is strongly indicating to me one direction or another. Foul play or self-directed missing?

For foul play, there could be SO many possibilities as to why or how. No reason to speculate much, IMO, until we have more to go on. Is there more to go on? What in the world is the nature of the stain on his clothes? If blood, how much was present and was it concentrated in one particular spot on a clothing item or was it all over? Had the clothes been "washed" in the river, maybe to try and get the stain out?

Again, lots of questions with little to no answers. Where are you, John? Find your way home.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gingerdoodle
Back