TX - 'Lori Ruff', Longview, WhtFem UP9863, *General Discussion and Theories* #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
But oh! Would love to know about the Somerton man!!!!! Wasn't someone on this board very close to that investigation?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wasn't there some PA link? A phone number to a library or something like that?

There is a professor that has been doing AMAs on Reddit about SM. Wonder if that's the same one.

There is a professor that has been doing AMAs on Reddit about SM. Wonder if that's the same one.

Was his name Parker? I can't remember the name for sure but that popped into my head. Could be way off. If that's not it if you say his name I may recognize it.

I wonder if FLEK is Cheryl Moser after all.
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/i/iacovone_cheryl.html
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...17-Secane-12-July-1977&highlight=cheryl+moser
I know she's been discussed here, and I know I spent a lot of (frustrating, because there's not that much info out there) time researching her and looking at pictures and variations of her name, but I can't remember if there was ever anything conclusive or if it just hit a dead end...

Can someone PM me a Reddit link or the side by side photo? Also, yes, she does look very similar to Cheryl. That suggestion seems to go about as nowhere as Cynthia Perry, similar features, literally no info about the missing person available.

Was his name Parker? I can't remember the name for sure but that popped into my head. Could be way off. If that's not it if you say his name I may recognize it.

His name is Professor Derek Abbott

I don't know if I'm allowed to post this but there is a woman on the private Facebook page for this case that is claiming this case has been solved via DNA testing and LEK ran away from home in Philadelphia when she was 18. Info will be made public in a week or two. I REALLY hope this is true.

Well, this sure fits in with the notes page and Pennsylvania "libary".

Well, this sure fits in with the notes page and Pennsylvania "libary".

Yes; it was even noted early in this thread Cheryl Moser's hometown is within 30min of the Tredyffrin library: https://www.google.ca/maps/dir/Uppe...85fc5c0301f9c9!2m2!1d-75.4705909!2d40.0658264

But is anyone else kind of partially deflated if the story ends up tying up so neatly in a way that is so obvious it's been brushed over in favour of more complicated / exciting theories?
Should i not admit that? lol

Didn't someone submit Cheryl to LE for comparison a while back??

Hang on. Can someone quickly explain to me how on earth the Somerton Man / Taman Shud case (body found in Australia in 1948) could possibly be linked to this case?

I'm following both and don't get it why DNA from one case could be linked to the other?

I was wondering the exact same thing.

I'm unsure of how his research (if that's who she was speaking of!) would lead him to FLEK.

Me neither, I'm flummoxed.

If I'm recalling correctly, Derek Abbott is the guy who got obsessed with the Somerton/Taman Shud case. He ended up marrying the granddaughter of the lady who possibly gave the Somerton UID man the book. Part of it was found with his body, and her phone number was discovered in the back of the book. I think I've got that right!

(I appreciate this will make no sense to anyone not familiar with that case)

Me neither, I'm flummoxed.

If I'm recalling correctly, Derek Abbott is the guy who got obsessed with the Somerton/Taman Shud case. He ended up marrying the granddaughter of the lady who possibly gave the Somerton UID man the book. Part of it was found with his body, and her phone number was discovered in the back of the book. I think I've got that right!

(I appreciate this will make no sense to anyone not familiar with that case)

This is all accurate AFAIK.
He has an AMA on reddit about the TS/SM, in which he mentions FLEK in passing.

Oh yes, I remember the Cheryl Moser thing now. Bringing the comparison photos forward:

View attachment 90639

There is a photo of Cheryl Moser floating around from an old newspaper clipping that shows her full body, including arms and hands. While I don't necessarily see a match between FLEK and Cheryl in the headshot photo from NamUS or Charley Project, I do see similarities in her arms, hands, body shape/size and her posture in the full body photo. Does anybody know the photo I'm talking about? I'd like to post it here, but we can't link to a FB page.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname