Found Deceased WA - Cheryl DeBoer, 54, Mountlake Terrace, 8 February 2016 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
And why do you feel that she was placed on the east side of the culvert and found on the west side, if that isn't too intrusive for you to answer.
There is a reason police focused primarily upstream on there search of the area. They did use dogs. I don't want to comment on what police have not released at this time.

Personally I think it has a great vantage point of traffic from all 3 directions and is a convenient location to back in and place a body into the culvert.

Maybe I am daft but how would water get into Cheryl's lungs if the plastic bag was tight/sealed enough to cause affiliation?

And how could water enter her lungs if she was previously dead by asphyxiation? How could she have died of both?

If she did kill herself WHY?
And if she was killed - why? Neither scenario seems to make any sense! If we are this frustrated, i can't even begin to fathom how her loved ones feel. My heart is bleeding for them.

I don't want to release too much info, the police haven't released. But I will say it wasn't consistent to what you would choose for an exit bag. This is based on my research...
Thank you for taking the time to answer. Your answer helps make the picture a little more clear in my mind. I truly hope that LE has some solid leads they aren't talking about. I would hate to see this go unresolved because of incompetence or cover up as many cases seem to do.

Stay strong.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

And if she was killed - why? Neither scenario seems to make any sense! If we are this frustrated, i can't even begin to fathom how her loved ones feel. My heart is bleeding for them.

We.dont know what was going on in this ladys life.
Obviously something was wrong if this was the end result.

100% in agreement with you Stryker!

Even though the police department is around the corner there, it doesn't mean much. It's just a building and the police are on their patrols wherever. It's a safe town, particularly in the mornings. It's very bucolic.

Could it be a woman? After Cheryl left home was in the back seat of the car and used the bag to overpower her from the back seat. Cheryl struggles(the blood). When she passes the person drives to the culvert, disposes the body and went to park near the park and ride.

I don't want to release too much info, the police haven't released. But I will say it wasn't consistent to what you would choose for an exit bag. This is based on my research...

Thanks. Please don't feel inclined to provide information that has only been released to the family. Police have reasons for conducting investigations as they do, and hopefully they are not closing any books and possibilities yet.

I expect that there is some frustration due to the comment from the officer implying that homicide is not their only theory.

I am glad you brought this book up. I read it in mortuary school. It is a manual of suicide.

This woman was clearly murdered but LE is covering their behinds because they are absolutely clueless about how to solve this crime.

Manner of Death is the way to categorizedeath as required by the Washington StateDepartment of Health. The classificationsare Natural, Accident, Suicide, Homicide,Undetermined, and Pending. Only medicalexaminers and coroners may certify nonnaturaldeaths.

Maybe the sensitive info that isn't being released has come from her doctor, and that she was suffering from depression.

Theories are good to hear as long as they are based on fact. Otherwise it is just gossip. I think it's more useful to investigations if forums like this collate facts and offer support to family.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here Here!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Can someone comment on this…
I understand she died of asphyxia and fresh water drowning.

Is it possible that whoever did this to her knew her?
I remember watching a tv program a few years back that mentioned that the face of the deceased was covered when the deceased was known to the killer.

IMOO.
I agree. I also wonder, which came first? Drowning or ???? Asphyxia?
One would think a bag over her head would have rendered asphyxiation so then why Include drowning?
IMO , tox and autopsy should have answered this.
Key question here: was there or was there not water in her lungs? That answers which came first.
Were there petechia on her face, around her eyes?

I agree. I also wonder, which came first? Drowning or ???? Asphyxia?
One would think a bag over her head would have rendered asphyxiation so then why Include drowning?
IMO , tox and autopsy should have answered this.
Key question here: was there or was there not water in her lungs? That answers which came first.
Were there petechia on her face, around her eyes?

Maybe her face was shoved in the water, causing her to suck water into her lungs while gasping for breath then when that wasn't working for the perp a bag was grabbed, maybe from their vehicle, and held over her face until she passed out & died. Idk why my mind automatically goes to grocery bag, like a white Walmart bag. After googling "exit bag" (which I had never heard of) a grocery bag is NOT what is used....cra-Z-y!!!'

The thoughts & opinions stated above are that, MY random thoughts & opinions.

Could be anywhere.
Esp if she was walking around. We do not know when she ended up in the culvert.
And for all we know, they did recover her phone, from the water, have not disclosed it, it has a pin, and a forensic analyst has the hash and the salt and is using HashCalc and simply cannot crack the pin.[emoji15]
Could be anywhere.
Esp if she was walking around. We do not know when she ended up in the culvert.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I577 using Tapatalk

It definitely seems like a homicide. I've been 100% opposed to the idea of suicide from the beginning for various reasons. To read that police have no reason to investigate as a homicide does not mean that it is not a homicide, but rather that they have no evidence of homicide other than the fact that there is a happy, healthy, well-balanced, full employed successful woman in a ditch with a plastic bag over her head. I hope that police continue to investigate.
Totally agree. And another thing, if it were a suicide, why not leave her purse and phone in the car or at home even? Where are those items?
Not buying suicide. If anything, maybe someone wanted to make it look that way. But I don't think so. I think someone suddenly came up behind her and the cuts in her fingers were from her trying to pull the bag off. I too have never heard of an exit bag until tonight.

This new update is just so awful :( Poor Cheryl.....I'm so sorry Stryker.

Where's her purse and her phone?

Wouldn't she just leave those items in her car if she was going to walk off somewhere? Her car was seen at 8am.

IMOO.
After posting I seen your post Treelights. My thoughts exactly!

If this question can be answered by stryker or lavaland..

Is the 'theory' that she was taken by force, placed in another vehicle, driven less than 2 miles away, taken to above the culvert area and hidden in the foliage that same day? And only when the rains caused the water to rush she was carried with the current and appeared where she was found? And do you have a personal idea of the who? (not named of course)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phnix