Found Deceased WA - Cheryl DeBoer, 54, Mountlake Terrace, 8 February 2016 #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
So she was texting her carpool friend and interacting with her husband completely coherently that morning, but got dementia a few minutes after 7am? I don't think so.

Thank you for that!

Didn't have the time to be on here that I thought I'd have today. I'm meanwhile 13 pages behind and others have already said all I wanted to say about the above. But I still wanted to quote myself for 'accountability'. :)

You haven't missed anything. Nothing has changed.

I really doubt she was dealing with dementia or toxoplasmosis as was brought up another day. How would someone with dementia know to hide all these personal items AND have knowledge that a fast food bag over a head AND submersion in water equals death. AND needed to hike 1.5 miles to get to a water source for carrying out the deed. I really wish the dementia discussion would be taken off the table. It doesn't fit.

You can have pretty normal conversations with people with dementia (up to a point) - they just get confused and disoriented with their surroundings, it doesn't turn them into gibbering idiots.

I do agree though that the sudden onset dementia is less likely.

I've been thinking about something today and how best to put it. I don't know anything about Cheryl, her family, her husband, so this is nothing about CD or her family specifically or this case.

We have had suicide cases where the spouse or sibling has omitted some details that did point to suicide because they felt guilty about it (like an argument etc.) However, this stuff usually comes out once the body is found, or the detectives find some evidence of it. Just file this in "how these things usually go" for future cases - my assumption is that once CD was found, anything like this would have already come out.
I know how people with dementia are. But it's too far of a stretch for me that she's texting them, and suddenly turns off her phone and heads to the ditch.

I don't think we can claim that the animal blood, or any blood, in her car drummed up media attention or a willingness in colleagues to search for her. Information about animal blood was withheld for more than a month, and self-inflicted injuries was released earlier. Given that colleagues found her body within 6 days with a plastic bag over her head, perhaps they assumed it was a suicide.

We can't forget that it was her employer who first published/confirmed that her body had been found.
No I'm not saying that animal blood drummed up attention. What I intended is that it created an impression of a seriously injured victim. That set the tone for law-enforcement in the early days. Of course we knew nothing about the large quantity of blood. All just MOO.

IMOO

What?

Neatly? According to whom?

I get that suicidal people are mentally ill, but putting animal blood in the car is beyond mentally ill. On the one hand we should believe that Cheryl didn't want to cause her family the grief of finding her deceased from suicide so she walked into a drainage ditch with a plastic bag on her head, but at the same time she wanted her family to find animal blood in her car. That does not add up.

Where did she get the animal blood?
I couldn't agree more!! Thank you!

I always envisioned this case a little differently than anything I've seen on this thread so far. In my mind I saw it as, Cheryl leaves her house, parks her car by the library (where family says she usually would park). She then gets out of the car with her things, walks into memorial park to cut through to the transit center. She realizes she forgot her work badge. She sends the text (she feels guilty and doesn't want to make her friend late and says go on without me). Her friend offers to wait, she mentions it should take ten minutes. She's walking back towards her car and is intercepted by someone (she knows or doesn't know?). I feel like there was an injured animal involved or that was a part of the plan by the murderer. Cheryl's family has stated she was always so kind to people (implied that she was someone who might be too trusting). I think this is how the animal blood got on the passenger floor board. She was double checking to see if her badge fell somewhere in the car and someone took advantage of the situation. I also noticed that around the same time that posters went up of Cheryl missing, there were bright neon orange and neon yellow poster boards put up regardging a cat missing. Specifically put up on posts near the culvert.

The timeline matters. At 7:00AM she is seen in video surveillance at 58th Ave and 136 Str. At 7:02 she is texting. The location of her car is consistent with the time it would take to drive from the surveillance camera to where her car is parked. There isn't really enough time for her to park, collect her things, and be cutting through a park when she sends the first text.

No I'm not saying that animal blood drummed up attention. What I intended is that it created an impression of a seriously injured victim. That set the tone for law-enforcement in the early days. Of course we knew nothing about the large quantity of blood. All just MOO.

IMOO
I know what you're trying to say. I think the blood certainly caused alarm for her husband! I'm sure he also told some of their friends. By the end of the day LE probably told them not to tell anyone else, but I'm pretty sure their inner circle knew about the blood, and it was concerning for them.

In the case I was involved in, many people knew details, and everyone did a great job of keeping it out of the media and social media. I think the blood created a lot of worry right away.

I guess I'd like to know if she had this animal blood under her fingernails. Not sure that kind of material would be gone after 6 days, but this blood in her car got there somehow. It would be nice if there's some connection to the blood by CD handling it that would be confirmed.

IMOO

Why would she plan to commit suicide and leave a puddle of animal blood in the car? Surely she knew that it would be discovered to be animal blood. She left the blood to make police think it was a murder, police treat it as a murder, and her body is not found by police. Next, blood in the car is identified as animal blood, and the last impression is there was a psychological break.

I guess I'd like to know if she had this animal blood under her fingernails. Not sure that kind of material would be gone after 6 days, but this blood in her car got there somehow. It would be nice if there's some connection to the blood by CD handling it that would be confirmed.

That's a very good point. I think the blood could stay under her fingernails for a long time even in water.

As an aside, we do not know how deep the water was in the culvert the day Cheryl was there. It would be inaccurate to claim it was waist deep.

That's a very good point. I think the blood could stay under her fingernails for a long time even in water.

As an aside, we do not know how deep the water was in the culvert the day Cheryl was there. It would be inaccurate to claim it was waist deep.
. I think we've heard it was 2-3 feet deep. I think.

I know what you're trying to say. I think the blood certainly caused alarm for her husband! I'm sure he also told some of their friends. By the end of the day LE probably told them not to tell anyone else, but I'm pretty sure their inner circle knew about the blood, and it was concerning for them.

In the case I was involved in, many people knew details, and everyone did a great job of keeping it out of the media and social media. I think the blood created a lot of worry right away.

In combination with the text (if it was sent on 58th), it also made it appear at first as though something happened to her there. Throwing off searchers is the only idea I can come up with for why that would be part of a suicide plan. Not sure if the animal blood is ever going to make sense. (I can't really make it make perfect sense in a homicide situation either.)

. I think we've heard it was 2-3 feet deep. I think.
We heard it was that deep when investigators were there but that was a week after Cheryl went missing. Since we don't know what day she went into the culvert we have no way of knowing how deep the water was IMO.

Not a chance that there was blood on Cheryl's fingernails after six days in a 2-3 foot deep creek. Keep in mind that the creek is typically 2-3 feet deep, but it had rained for five days before she was found in the 6 foot diameter Lyon Creek drainage culvert.

Februaray Rainfall

weather__.jpg

The timeline matters. At 7:00AM she is seen in video surveillance at 58th Ave and 136 Str. At 7:02 she is texting. The location of her car is consistent with the time it would take to drive from the surveillance camera to where her car is parked. There isn't really enough time for her to park, collect her things, and be cutting through a park when she sends the first text.

Are you thinking of the video at 236th and 56th street? Or did she get picked up by video somewhere else as well?

In combination with the text (if it was sent on 58th), it also made it appear at first as though something happened to her there. Throwing off searchers is the only idea I can come up with for why that would be part of a suicide plan. Not sure if the animal blood is ever going to make sense. (I can't really make it make perfect sense in a homicide situation either.)
Yeah, I can't make it make sense either way. But less so for a suicide. I just don't think she would go through so much trouble. A murderer would also have to be pretty crazy.

Her car was seen on video.

One can assume she was driving, but she was not seen on the video.

Unless you consider she got a cat on Friday that ate a raw diet and if I am not mistaken the person that Cheryl got the cat from said that the cat wasn't eating the food that was provided, so maybe Cheryl experimented with a new blend of raw meat?

IMOO.
Double DD Meats
http://www.doubleddmeats.com/

The butcher store's hours are Mon-Sat 9:00am-6:00pm, and they're closed on Sunday.

If meat were purchased there for her new kitty, OR family, it had to happen prior to 6:00pm Saturday.

This butcher shop has incredibly good reviews - I've had colleagues (randomly) sing their praises.
I'm of the opinion they're not in the habit of sending customers home with blood dripping from their packaging. Can my local neighbors speak to this?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member