Found Deceased WA - Cheryl DeBoer, 54, Mountlake Terrace, 8 February 2016 #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
About sudden onset dementia - this is what happened to my mom right in front of me and it's terrifying. There are many medical reasons for it I'm sure, and I'll spare the long details, but in my experience & opinion this is next to impossible. And looking back there were small signs - which is completely opposed to how sharp Cheryl was. The stealth required to plant animal blood with no animal or container nearby, avoid all cams, avoid attracting any public attention with the related confusion, lose said animal or container along with phone, wallet & keys which are never found, end up at the culvert, walk against the current to hide on the east side, place a bag over her head in the rushing cold water & force herself to suffocate & drown is NOT consistent with dementia. Wandering into a nearby park & falling into a creek, or walking in front of someone's car, or attracting attention by being disoriented, that I would believe.

As for the animal blood, that sticks with me. I seriously doubt it was in the car the night before if it was fresh & of quantity enough to smear the next day. Not dried or congealed. I also seriously doubt that Cheryl got a new cat who sounds like a skittish rescue of sorts and immediately during the week of transition decided to change the cat's diet. That can be really difficult & make them sick. And to change it to raw hunted meat, not store bought, have that much blood in cat food meat leaking from the package only on the passenger floorboard, then to disappear, never heard of before or since? With Cheryl not even discussing that drastic of a dietary change with her friend & cat rescue/breeder or her husband? Not buying the cat food angle at all.

Walking in front of someone's car?

Tell me more.

She parked, she walked in front of a moving car? The animal blood is a problem no matter how you look at it, but set that aside.

Here you go!

Thank you. I hope the autopsy not only checked for drowning and minor cuts to fingers, but neurological deficits, kidneys, bladder, and lungs.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2706263/

"Rapidly progressive dementias (RPDs) are neurological conditions that develop subacutely over weeks to months, or rarely acutely over days. ... Although the evaluation of a patient with RPD may appear quite daunting, it can be greatly facilitated through a structured approach. Common things being common, most cases of RPD in an elderly person are probably due to urinary infection or pneumonia causing a delirium. "

About sudden onset dementia - this is what happened to my mom right in front of me and it's terrifying. There are many medical reasons for it I'm sure, and I'll spare the long details, but in my experience & opinion this is next to impossible. And looking back there were small signs - which is completely opposed to how sharp Cheryl was. The stealth required to plant animal blood with no animal or container nearby, avoid all cams, avoid attracting any public attention with the related confusion, lose said animal or container along with phone, wallet & keys which are never found, end up at the culvert, walk against the current to hide on the east side, place a bag over her head in the rushing cold water & force herself to suffocate & drown is NOT consistent with dementia. Wandering into a nearby park & falling into a creek, or walking in front of someone's car, or attracting attention by being disoriented, that I would believe.

As for the animal blood, that sticks with me. I seriously doubt it was in the car the night before if it was fresh & of quantity enough to smear the next day. Not dried or congealed. I also seriously doubt that Cheryl got a new cat who sounds like a skittish rescue of sorts and immediately during the week of transition decided to change the cat's diet. That can be really difficult & make them sick. And to change it to raw hunted meat, not store bought, have that much blood in cat food meat leaking from the package only on the passenger floorboard, then to disappear, never heard of before or since? With Cheryl not even discussing that drastic of a dietary change with her friend & cat rescue/breeder or her husband? Not buying the cat food angle at all.

BBM

Here's what the breeder, JuscticeforCheryl, has posted previously about the newest kitty and the food issues.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...ace-8-February-2016-6&p=12430200#post12430200

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...ace-8-February-2016-6&p=12430926#post12430926

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...ace-8-February-2016-6&p=12431162#post12431162

"Rapidly progressive dementias (RPDs) are neurological conditions that develop subacutely over weeks to months, or rarely acutely over days. ... Although the evaluation of a patient with RPD may appear quite daunting, it can be greatly facilitated through a structured approach. Common things being common, most cases of RPD in an elderly person are probably due to urinary infection or pneumonia causing a delirium. "

A delirium due to toxics, such as lung, bladder, or kidney malfunction, doesn't qualify as dementia, in my humble opinion. Dementia is a slow, permanent deterioration of mental faculties. Delirium can happen to travelers in Mexico from drinking water or eating the wrong food.

RPD is a nice concept, but I think it belongs with toxins and food poisoning.

Guys, No researcher or systems analyst is taking vials of human or animal blood home. Not today. Not ever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A delirium due to toxics, such as lung, bladder, or kidney malfunction, doesn't qualify as dementia, in my humble opinion. Dementia is a slow, permanent deterioration of mental faculties. Delirium can happen to travelers in Mexico from drinking water or eating the wrong food.

RPD is a nice concept, but I think it belongs with toxins and food poisoning.

Cheryl wasn't on any meds, correct? If she was, I could go with RPD but if not, my personal is opinion this was not her problem.

A few of (Cheryl's son) Stryker's posts relevant to the current discussions.

T4, #556 - March 11
To avoid some confusion. I can confidently state by reason of evidence presented that my mom did not wander and accidentally fall in the culvert and die.​

T5, #684 - March 21
Based on what I know, and speaking with ME I am confident she was put there [in the culvert] the morning she went missing.​

T5, #701 - March 21
There is a reason police focused primarily upstream [east side of culvert] on there search of the area. They did use dogs. I don't want to comment on what police have not released at this time.​

Personally I think it has a great vantage point of traffic from all 3 directions and is a convenient location to back in and place a body into the culvert.​

T5, #949 - March 22
From day 1 police put out a precedent that they were leaning towards a runaway, she probably just wanted to get away. They are trying to mold the evidence to fit their theory of runaway/suicide that they have held from the very beginning when they had no real reason to believe she would runaway based on interviews with close to 100 friends, family, coworkers etc..​

T5, #954 - March 22
I don't know why they are with holding toxicology reports. They told us results last week what the results were.​

T5, #1079 - March 22
She wasn't a researcher... She wrote code, programs, databases for labs, and researchers to utilize and store their information.​

T4, #556 - March 11
To avoid some confusion. I can confidently state by reason of evidence presented that my mom did not wander and accidentally fall in the culvert and die.​

T5, #684 - March 21
Based on what I know, and speaking with ME I am confident she was put there [in the culvert] the morning she went missing.​

T5, #701 - March 21
There is a reason police focused primarily upstream [east side of culvert] on there search of the area. They did use dogs. I don't want to comment on what police have not released at this time.​

Personally I think it has a great vantage point of traffic from all 3 directions and is a convenient location to back in and place a body into the culvert.​

T5, #949 - March 22
From day 1 police put out a precedent that they were leaning towards a runaway, she probably just wanted to get away. They are trying to mold the evidence to fit their theory of runaway/suicide that they have held from the very beginning when they had no real reason to believe she would runaway based on interviews with close to 100 friends, family, coworkers etc..​

T5, #954 - March 22
I don't know why they are with holding toxicology reports. They told us results last week what the results were.​

T5, #1079 - March 22
She wasn't a researcher... She wrote code, programs, databases for labs, and researchers to utilize and store their information.​

Very Nice! I like how you compiled this!

How did she keep herself well hidden for 1.5 miles until the very end of a road? No one saw any woman with her description, walking, jogging, in a state of confusion, crying, upset, holding an injured animal, carying 1 single plastic bag? Its one thing not to notice anything suspicious, but has anyone reported even seeing her on that path, doing anything?

I recognize that this case hasn't been officially ruled as a suicide, but when it is a possibility, details that could suggest suicide as a theory still are typically reported with much less detail. If it there hadn't been mounting public pressure, it's my guess that we never would've heard "razor blade" and "bag loosely secured" in specifics, etc. (All imho of course).

I believe if the family hadn't been on FB saying we should all be worried, we would never have heard anything!

Guys, No researcher or systems analyst is taking vials of human or animal blood home. Not today. Not ever.

So why is there animal blood on the passenger flood baord in her car?

From verified family, we understand that the animal blood was fresh.

T5, #701 - March 21

Thank you for putting that together. This would explain why it is believed that she went into the creek East of the culvert. She was found on the West side of the culvert.

"T5, #701 - March 21
There is a reason police focused primarily upstream [east side of culvert] on there search of the area. They did use dogs. I don't want to comment on what police have not released at this time. Personally I think it has a great vantage point of traffic from all 3 directions and is a convenient location to back in and place a body into the culvert."​

But what is the explanation for the animal blood?

I just want to address the unlocked doors comment. I remember Stryker saying that it's possible Cheryl's doors were unlocked in the driveway, since her car didn't have automatic locks. I don't think he said that she deliberately kept the doors unlocked out of habit. I'm going to go look for the post. I just think that's an important distinction.

ETA, post #346, 349 by Stryker address the unlocked doors. He actually didn't say that she kept the car unlocked. He said that it's possible/likely the car was unlocked when she got in that morning, since the car didn't have automatic locks. He also said that she wasn't in the habit of locking the doors after she got into the car.

YES And once again, she was not actually seen getting in her car!! The camera did not see this (from what Stryker said).

How did she keep herself well hidden for 1.5 miles until the very end of a road? No one saw any woman with her description, walking, jogging, in a state of confusion, crying, upset, holding an injured animal, carying 1 single plastic bag? Its one thing not to notice anything suspicious, but has anyone reported even seeing her on that path, doing anything?

I read about a woman in 2013 who vanished. She was found 5 months later after the ice thaw on the river. Her children had mentioned the river as a place she loved. It was ruled suicide. From the outside looking in, it seemed that she had spent her entire life looking after her three children and husband, and just when her job was done and the youngest turned twenty, the oldest had a baby, and the son was bonded with his dad, everyone was too busy to spend time with her.

That woman walked 1.5 miles on a warm, sunny afternoon weekend afternoon across a six lane freeway, past many families, and hikers. No one saw her. Her cell phone, keys, car, and important documents were left at home.

If Cheryl committed suicide, no one saw her. If is was suicide, did she follow the creek, or the sidewalks?

It's clear to me that the animal blood doesn't fit neatly with either suicide or murder. At this point what kind of animal blood it is and how it got there and why...is a mystery that may not be solved (except perhaps for the kind(s) of animal). I'm going to set it aside for now because I just can't wrap my mind around it. Either way it's too weird.

In fact, most of what we know doesn't make much sense to me. With the facts we have, it all seems too convoluted for either suicide or murder IMO. I'm stumped and I just feel awful for Cheryl's family. I hope there are answers...soon.

YES And once again, she was not actually seen getting in her car!! The camera did not see this (from what Stryker said).

She was seen leaving her house. She was not seen getting into the car. A car like hers was seen at 7AM heading to work where it should be on surveillance video. It cannot be confirmed that she was driving.

It's clear to me that the animal blood doesn't fit neatly with either suicide or murder. At this point what kind of animal blood it is and how it got there and why...is a mystery that may not be solved (except perhaps for the kind(s) of animal). I'm going to set it aside for now because I just can't wrap my mind around it. Either way it's too weird.

In fact, most of what we know doesn't make much sense to me. With the facts we have, it all seems too convoluted for either suicide or murder IMO. I'm stumped and I just feel awful for Cheryl's family. I hope there are answers...soon.

No kidding!

I don't think we can set aside the animal blood in the car. That odd piece of evidence has been set aside repeatedly in the debate of suicide, murder, or accident, but it is a fact.

Was the stain in the car before Feb 8 - not fresh blood?
Was blood poured onto the floorboards of the car?
Was an injured animal in her vehicle?

Who put that animal blood in her car and why?
Does it have anything to do with her disappearance?

Let's assume that she was not alone in her car after she started to drive to work.
What then?
Why is her vehicle heading to the usual "overflow" parking area at 7:00AM?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WhatHappenedToJAB