TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 April 2016 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing reported stolen according to Fox News. Suspect may have been searching for a knife or back up weapon in the kitchen. This seems like a targeted attack and murder to me...3:40 am in a sleepy, small-town church no robber's going to be needing tactical gear for disguise when a simple hoody (less traceable) would do, and a robber wouldn't waste time in the kitchen.

I'm just jumping in here but last night watching the video , hubby and I are both pretty convinced that this guy is a cop, or some type of security ..im afraid I wouldn't be very surprised, sadly.

But a real cop wouldn't use SWAT gear for a disguise (would they??)...

Nothing reported stolen according to Fox News. Suspect may have been searching for a knife or back up weapon in the kitchen. This seems like a targeted attack and murder to me...3:40 am in a sleepy, small-town church no robber's going to be needing tactical gear for disguise when a simple hoody (less traceable) would do, and a robber wouldn't waste time in the kitchen.

I agree on all points. And this church although it is off a highway is not in a highly populated area or town. Things like this just don't happen here. The last murder in midlothian was 8 or 9 years ago. It's just quiet country folks. Nice, good wholesome people.

But a real cop wouldn't use SWAT gear for a disguise (would they??)...

The person doesn't look comfortable in that gear - it's like the outfit is wearing the person rather than the person wearing the outfit. If it were a cop or security guard (which I don't think it is), I think the person would look more natural walking. It reminds me of a little kid wearing snow pants and parka that are too big, or a person putting on a mascot outfit - it just is clumsy and too big.

JMopinion.

Burglary at a church in SWAT gear, that required effort to break into the building and that happened to result in a murder of a fitness teacher in the early morning? That's very hard to believe, imo.

I agree, IMO she was the target.

It sure sounds like targeted..
But why all of the effort?
Why not kill her as she leaves her car?

"Police told him the suspect was rummaging from room to room and spent several minutes in the kitchen before his wife arrived." http://www.fox4news.com/news/126278594-story

Why would a burglar spend several minutes in a church KITCHEN while committing a burglary? I could see waiting in the kitchen for a target of a crime to show up, but there's usually nothing in a church kitchen to steal, unless you're looking for mismatched cooking utensils.

Not sure what the rummaging from room to room would mean, though. Nervousness, perhaps?

JMO

Could be someone literally out of their mind. Delusional, mentally ill or on drugs.

Could be someone literally out of their mind. Delusional, mentally ill or on drugs.

Dressed up at 4:30 in the morning, taking the time and effort to break into a church? I'm not seeing it.

Looks like a deliberate hit to me.

I'm hoping LE is closing in fast.

Dressed up at 4:30 in the morning, taking the time and effort to break into a church? I'm not seeing it.

I agree on all points

Originally Posted by Inthedetails View Post

Should have waited for answer....

The person doesn't look comfortable in that gear - it's like the outfit is wearing the person rather than the person wearing the outfit. If it were a cop or security guard (which I don't think it is), I think the person would look more natural walking. It reminds me of a little kid wearing snow pants and parka that are too big, or a person putting on a mascot outfit - it just is clumsy and too big.

JMopinion.

I had the same impression. This person doesn't move with the athleticism of someone who actually goes with that uniform.

In this photo (which I hope posts correctly), is the suspect holding a gun, or is that still the crowbar-type instrument? ETA: The third photo, particularly, seems to be more of a feminine stance.

image.jpg

It sure sounds like targeted..
But why all of the effort?
Why not kill her as she leaves her car?

I am asking myself that question too. The only thing I'm coming up with is that this fitness crowd was hardcore. Missy held classes at dawn, and her training style seems like "just do it!" I'm not saying she wasn't nice - as her intentions seem to be truly on helping people get physically fit because it's a good way to live. But, it does seem like she might be surrounded by hardcore people who, when thinking of committing a murder, come up with hardcore plans like a SWAT outfit.

It's not like a she was poisoned with coffee cake in the church kitchen, ykwim?

Late on info but you mention 4:30 in the morning, why would she be in Church at that time? Forgive me if I am way off base.

She came early to set up for her class.
It is in one of the links here , but I am not sure which one.
I believe video has the attacker there around thirty minutes prior to her arrival?

From Missy's Facebook, it looks like her gladiators trained at the church M, T, Th. This workout appears to be part of "Camp Gladiators Midlothian." It looks similar to "Cross Fit" which is a franchise. I wonder if this was a business dispute and if CGM was a franchise and/or if it competed with Cross Fit?

Late on info but you mention 4:30 in the morning, why would she be in Church at that time? Forgive me if I am way off base.

The suspect was first seen on the motion-activated cameras inside the church about 3:50 a.m. Terry was first seen on the camera about 4:20 a.m. as she arrived to set up for her Camp Gladiator training session.

http://www.fox4news.com/news/125249531-story

I had the same impression. This person doesn't move with the athleticism of someone who actually goes with that uniform.

In this photo (which I hope posts correctly), is the suspect holding a gun, or is that still the crowbar-type instrument? ETA: The third photo, particularly, seems to be more of a feminine stance.

View attachment 92154

The police said it was something used to break the glass.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa