TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 April 2016 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unless maybe they have a good idea who the perp is, and/or found new evidence, hence ATF and Rangers coming in.

Here's a technical but interesting article about how these fitness companies avoid liability for these seemingly dangerous workouts.

http://tx.lawstudentland.com/post/44556505016/crossfit-camp-gladiator-and-insanity-versus-lady

Thank you for that article, Bill. Someone left permanently disabled from a boot camp injury could very well hold very strong feelings against the instructor, especially if the instructor/business couldn't be held liable for damages.

The Texas Ranger Division is a major division within the Texas Department of Public Safety with lead criminal investigative responsibility for the following: major incident crime investigations, unsolved crime/serial crime investigations, public corruption investigations, officer involved shooting investigations, and border security operations.

The Texas Ranger Division is comprised of 208 full time employees; including 150 commissioned Rangers and 58 support personnel; including administrative staff, Border Security Operations Center, Joint Operations and Intelligence Centers, and the Special Weapons and Tactics team.

The Texas Ranger Division created a Special Operations Group to be tasked with the oversight of the Special Weapons and Tactics team, Regional Special Response Teams (SRT’s), Ranger Reconnaissance Team, Crisis Negotiations Unit, and the Explosive Ordnance Disposal. The Texas Rangers currently coordinate border security operations through six (6) Joint Operations and Intelligence Centers (JOICs) along the Texas-Mexico border and Coastal Bend area of the state. In response to legislation, the Texas Rangers created a Public Corruption Unit and an Unsolved Crimes Investigation Program.

In 2014, a total of 3,338 investigations resulted in 1,419 felony arrests, 138 misdemeanor arrests. The Texas Rangers executed 887 search warrants and secured 5,587 statements, including 843 confessions to various crimes. Rangers recovered stolen property valued at $1,391,053 and seized contraband valued at $329,267. There were 1,815 convictions for various crimes investigated that resulted in 1 death sentence, 61 life sentences and a total of 9,221 years in penitentiary time being assessed. Rangers served 235 subpoenas and 442 warrants. Rangers conducted 14 hypnosis sessions on criminal investigations.

Sent from my iPhone

Very interested in the cause of death. I have seen it described as traumatic injuries all the way down to signs of a struggle.
I'm wondering if she was shot and it was staged to look like the cause of death was traumatic injuries so it would seem more like an interrupted burglary vs a planned hit. They might be using the dogs to see if the casing/s were discarded on the property, possibly even the bullet.

A hired hit would not know the whole layout of cameras unless they were very professional or took time to actually study the entire layout and know the exact time frame.

So this seems like the crime was committed by some local that just knew things and had some personal vendetta as well.

I agree with the personal vendetta probability.

As a side note though, the consummately skilled and extrememely professional hitman is a pretty rare bird. Rather, most hitman are amateurs and accept the "contract" on impulse, while in a drug or alcohol induced haze, or because they really want to impress person "X"- and nobody has bigger "street creds" than a hitman.

In short, I can see it being the work of an amateur hitman who read Soldier of Fiction one too many times.

I'll tell you what, they just did a very short piece on ABC News just now and showed video of Missy doing pushups. She was a VERY strong lady. Someone would have had to have taken her by surprise to hurt her, because if she saw someone coming for her, I can imagine she could fight and/or run very fast out of there.

Some articles have noted her body and surrounds showed signs of struggle/trauma. I doubt she went down without a fight. I also think her killer knew it'd go that way, hence the SWAT get up.

According to one of today's articles, "The ATF, Texas Rangers and Midlothian police returned to the church Wednesday afternoon where the ATF used a dog to search the interior and exterior of the church for gunshot residue or other explosive powders." So I guess this means there was a gun. (??)

bbm I wonder where the info on what the dogs were brought in for came from? Dogs are trained to sniff lots of different things. jmo It makes me think that the suspect was there for other reasons and she happened upon/him/her. ? This is baffling, jmo.

Maybe I am missing something but why has the ATF been brought in?

Sent from my iPhone

Excuse my British ignorance, I've never heard of the ATF in all the cases I've followed here. Google tells me it's the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms & Explosives, is it unusual for them to be involved?

The Texas Ranger Division is a major division within the Texas Department of Public Safety with lead criminal investigative responsibility for the following: major incident crime investigations, unsolved crime/serial crime investigations, public corruption investigations, officer involved shooting investigations, and border security operations.

The Texas Ranger Division is comprised of 208 full time employees; including 150 commissioned Rangers and 58 support personnel; including administrative staff, Border Security Operations Center, Joint Operations and Intelligence Centers, and the Special Weapons and Tactics team.

The Texas Ranger Division created a Special Operations Group to be tasked with the oversight of the Special Weapons and Tactics team, Regional Special Response Teams (SRT’s), Ranger Reconnaissance Team, Crisis Negotiations Unit, and the Explosive Ordnance Disposal. The Texas Rangers currently coordinate border security operations through six (6) Joint Operations and Intelligence Centers (JOICs) along the Texas-Mexico border and Coastal Bend area of the state. In response to legislation, the Texas Rangers created a Public Corruption Unit and an Unsolved Crimes Investigation Program.

In 2014, a total of 3,338 investigations resulted in 1,419 felony arrests, 138 misdemeanor arrests. The Texas Rangers executed 887 search warrants and secured 5,587 statements, including 843 confessions to various crimes. Rangers recovered stolen property valued at $1,391,053 and seized contraband valued at $329,267. There were 1,815 convictions for various crimes investigated that resulted in 1 death sentence, 61 life sentences and a total of 9,221 years in penitentiary time being assessed. Rangers served 235 subpoenas and 442 warrants. Rangers conducted 14 hypnosis sessions on criminal investigations.

Sent from my iPhone

Before this is over, the killer is going to get a roundhouse kick to the face. :D

[video=youtube;NIYZVSElmj4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIYZVSElmj4[/video]

Excuse my British ignorance, I've never heard of the ATF in all the cases I've followed here. Google tells me it's the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms & Explosives, is it unusual for them to be involved?

Yes it is quite unusual, especially for a case that was suppose to just be a burglary gone wrong.

Could the dogs be used, not for gunpowder or bombs, but to pick up the scent of the killer?

Are we supposed to discuss possible motives here? I think I might check out disgruntled customers. I could see someone following CG instructions about workouts, suffer a bad injury (back or knee), lose a job, life spirals downhill, and CG refused to take financial responsibility. Not saying this is the case, just an idea. Let me know if this is inappropriate to discuss.

http://camp-gladiator-arena.pissedconsumer.com/

Maced a puppy. OMG.

The way it's written it seems to be the reporter/journalist opinion that the dogs were there for gun shot residue/explosives, I know in the subway jarod case the dog was brought in to sniff out electronics, which he did, so I am not sure why the dog was brought in at this point. But I found the sentence below to be new to me if true

bbm

A review of surveillance video recorded inside the church revealed the presence of another person inside the church an hour before Bevers' arrival.

The ATF is U.S govern and has a broader policy to allow search warrants or whatever for whomever they like.

So they have reach like the fbi. But they can also be allowed to get a warrant to search your home; Even if the only proof is that you buy loose / single cigarettes that are not being taxed.

Lol. This means that the ATF can pretty much investigate or guarantee warrants for a big crime by simply getting a broad warrant for a smaller crime committed.

Catch 22. Jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member