TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 April 2016 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys we need to come up with motive and can someone clean up a shot of the shoe covers? I apologize if it has been done already just let me know. Sorry been dealing with somethings.

Sent from my iPhone

I have not seen much on damage caused to the church other than a pried door and broken windows.

http://www.dallasobserver.com/news/...king-tactical-gear-clad-church-killer-8225816

Wearing full tactical gear, including a helmet, pads and a heavy vest with "POLICE" on the back, the man pried a door open and activated the church's motion-activated security cameras.

Police have not disclosed the cause of death, but they did say that Bevers' body exhibited obvious trauma. Her assailant, who police say did not appear to have stolen anything despite breaking several windows and causing other damage, left shortly after encountering Bevers.

BBM

Also something to consider (as someone mentioned in previous thread) could stolen tactical gear be the reason to involve FBI? What about stolen police gear (flashlight?) OR stolen gun from evidence locker?

One thing keeps sticking in my head - I don't remember the exact words, but their local LE mentioned they hoped the perp would go to someone, confide in them, seek out some help...That's curious to me. The way it was worded was as if they know who the perp is, and is waiting for him/her to break under the emotional stress. Kind of like they're inferring the person should be someone close to her and have deep, deep guilt for killing her.

I think this case has all the hallmarks of someone who knew her, even maybe quite close to her, but was very, very angry. Think that's one reason this case makes me especially sad.

I'm going to be the one to ask "the stupid" question. I'm NOT a morning person and have no idea what it looks like outside at 5am. :) Would it still be dark during the time this was all occurring? If so, I wonder why the POI didn't just wait around outside until MB showed up and do this evil outside? If it were dark and she were caught off guard, it would have been simpler to just do it there and run. Why risk her showing up accompanied by someone (such as her daughter, husband, a friend, participant, or whoever) and then being "trapped" inside with an additional, unexpected person? Being outside, the POI would have seen whether she was alone or not. If she was the target, why risk being possibly recorded? Why break up stuff if you are going after one person specifically? It just makes me think that the POI is VERY familiar with Missy's routine and VERY comfortable with that surrounding. I know that is not adding anything new, but I'm trying to figure out the "whys" just like everyone else. :)

Newbie here. Joined because I am horrified by this crime, and because it took place a few miles from a family members' home. I grew up in the area and worked in a neighboring city for several years so this hits much too close to home. I have read through both threads and I am very impressed with how respectful everyone is on WS- hard to find that on the internet these days! I have a few thoughts/ideas and I am trying my best to adhere to the rules, but please forgive me if I overstep in any way.

If this was a hired hit: Could the solicitor have a friend or acquaintance in LE or even just an association with LE in some way (not necessarily a cop or spouse of LE)? Someone who would have access to gear, perhaps someone who works in the police department but not an officer (administrative staff, 911 operator, etc). Could account for why the perpetrator looks and moves so awkward in the gear, but would have access to it if not a cop (if the gear is legit). Of no particular importance other than it's eerie, the Midlo PD FB page has a video posted (under videos, "Urban Shield Training") that is very creepy in light of recent events. Anyone know if the gear in these training scenarios is the real deal, or cheaper, makeshift type uniforms? Regardless, it appears there is quite a bit of these uniforms floating around. (unsure if referencing the Midlo PD FB is kosher :confused: )

If it was a jilted lover/friend/competitor: Midlothian is a small little community. It is entirely possible (if not likely) that the perpetrator was a member of the church (and would be aware of the ins and outs of the alarm) AND a member of the CG group (and be aware of what time she gets there and her usual patterns) AND a jilted spouse/acquaintance/friend/lover (one who even possibly has ties or works for LE). In medicine we jokingly call this "ticks and fleas." A dog can have ticks AND fleas, not just ticks OR fleas. It's always possible that there are two separate diagnoses, and in this case, two or more ties to Missy.

All speculation and my opinion, of course, and please forgive if I didn't follow the rules! Still learning!

Excellent first post. I will be sleuthing see you guys in a bit.

Also something to consider (as someone mentioned in previous thread) could stolen tactical gear be the reason to involve FBI? What about stolen police gear (flashlight?) OR stolen gun from evidence locker?

Don't know- possibly...but criminal activity crossing state lines would also qualify. So it may be that they have some evidence concerning that (though we haven't been made privy to it).

I'm going to turn the conversation for a second. I'm sure some of you are more knowledgeable about crime and murders than I am. Help me through this scenario--
K
Let's say you had a sociopathic killer out there. A teenager or young adult. Played lots of video games. Think Eric Harris/Dylan Klebold. But instead of a mass-killing, they just wanted to commit one murder. So they get the gear, study the techniques, etc.etc., just have to find a victim. And he somehow comes across MB. Stalks her for a while. Learns her routine, finds the public fb posts with class routines, finds on her husband's facebook that he is going out of town, etc. etc. Decides this will be the victim.

So we would have someone with no personal connection with the victim, but rather just a convenient and inviting target.

Why couldn't that be the case here? Anyone? How would the killer's MO in the Bevers case be any different from other sociopathic or psychopathic killers?

Yeah, Sandra Bullock's movie, "Murder By Numbers" crossed my mind earlier. That would be so bizarre. But if you think about it, there are movie connections. The motorcycle cop gear, like out of Dirty Harry Magnum Force. The possibly fake gimp, like out of The Usual Suspects. The possibly left-behind burglar tools maybe framing someone else, like out of Columbo. (I think reports said there was a tool left behind.)

But this would be too bizarre. Right? I kind of felt creepy and dirty thinking along these lines and attributed it to meeting Sandra Bullock in Austin one time.

I saw the video this morning for the first time and I just had to get over here and see what you guys thought of this bizarre case. Now that I am finally caught up, I find it interesting that a lot of you guys have had some of the same ideas I had when viewing the video.

Something is definitely up with the right foot. I slowed the video on Youtube as slow as it goes. I noticed the feet and the shoes and how it almost appeared like something made them stick out too far in the heel area. The light also reflects off the floor at almost the same time. So who knows.

I see the person roaming around, Killing time and "acting", in my opinion. Are they acting like they are committing a burglary or the job they are dressed for... a cop clearing a burglary scene? The acting seems to be mixed with a little nervousness and curiosity.

Why come up with such a disguise? Couldn't the same covering been accomplished with much easier to acquire clothing. It really makes very little sense. Such theatrics! Costume designers, check your theaters closets! I'm kidding, it's just the thought process I cant get my head around.

If the fbi is involved. Then maybe they are involved because hubby was out of state and communicated with the person that was involved.

I'm going to be the one to ask "the stupid" question. I'm NOT a morning person and have no idea what it looks like outside at 5am. :) Would it still be dark during the time this was all occurring? If so, I wonder why the POI didn't just wait around outside until MB showed up and do this evil outside? If it were dark and she were caught off guard, it would have been simpler to just do it there and run. Why risk her showing up accompanied by someone (such as her daughter, husband, a friend, participant, or whoever) and then being "trapped" inside with an additional, unexpected person? Being outside, the POI would have seen whether she was alone or not. If she was the target, why risk being possibly recorded? Why break up stuff if you are going after one person specifically? It just makes me think that the POI is VERY familiar with Missy's routine and VERY comfortable with that surrounding. I know that is not adding anything new, but I'm trying to figure out the "whys" just like everyone else. :)

It would have been very dark outside, even up until 5am, when she was found. The attached is data for today for Mansfield, TX, which is 12 miles west of Midlothian.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-04-22 at 1.30.33 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2016-04-22 at 1.30.33 PM.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 232
One thing that keeps coming to mind is her friend saying she had been a bit different lately, I believe she said quiet

Doing it outside you'd risk that random people would see what's happening as where she parked is right near the major thoroughfare:
https://www.google.com/maps/place/C...ata=!3m1!1e3!4m2!3m1!1s0x0:0xe669ea29f7add587

I'm hoping that LE will thoroughly interview all of the people in her classes. I wonder it Mr/s. SWAT is someone she possibly kicked out of one of her classes (if she ever did that), or if it could be a student that didn't like her for some reason or someone she went up against in class & made him/her look like an idiot. I've been mulling that over since I came on this case. An old boyfriend scorned or some other personal connection?

Just thinkin' ...

I have not seen much on damage caused to the church other than a pried door and broken windows.

http://www.dallasobserver.com/news/...king-tactical-gear-clad-church-killer-8225816

Wearing full tactical gear, including a helmet, pads and a heavy vest with "POLICE" on the back, the man pried a door open and activated the church's motion-activated security cameras.

Police have not disclosed the cause of death, but they did say that Bevers' body exhibited obvious trauma. Her assailant, who police say did not appear to have stolen anything despite breaking several windows and causing other damage, left shortly after encountering Bevers.

BBM

This is all I can find

There was a significant amount of damage reported inside of the church, but curiously, nothing was missing.

http://www.babwnews.com/2016/04/texas-police-hunting-suspect-in-brutal-church-murder/

It is possible that this refers to the door, windows etc. I don't really know

Apparently there is a sexual fetish that involves uniforms. Apparently a favorite uniform is a motorcycle cop...just saying...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member