OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those who suspect or believe this may not be cartel related, what are some alternate theories? I'm feeling myself really attached to the cartel theory, and I want to make sure I'm not missing any other alternatives because of it.

Nearly every dealer in my town ( apart from the younger ones) have jobs, or legitimate money coming in.

I have to ask due to some things I saw the other night.. Did Dana and/or Chris have any surviving children? I'm so confused over the family line at this point.

Ummm... way too much of coincidence. Do you know if the woman was ever named? Or who received the package? Where was it mailed from??

The family was never named, but the grow operation described was very similar to what has been "discovered" at the Rhoden property.

Do we know if the victim found separately some distance away was murdered at the same time as the others?, i just wonder if the perps went to him first, got all the info about location of cash held, dogs, guns, layout etc before they killed him then went on to the other murders?.

Any cash i think would be stashed away from the properties or spread over multiple properties.

If so, it seems the only likely prospect would be Kenneth Rhoden who was alone at his trailer farther away from the others. Most family members at the other locations were alleged to have been shot in their sleep. It seems if someone came in and began roughing up and questioning someone at those locations, it would have awakened other family members.

Nearly every dealer in my town ( apart from the younger ones) have jobs, or legitimate money coming in.

The need for legitimate jobs as a cover just isn't something that people here worry about for the most part. They know all too well, that if LE know what's going on, you're probably not going to get busted unless someone gets killed. The resources are just not there in this area.

To me it just doesnt feel cartel, too clean, they also like to let it be known it was them that did it, im not saying they would put out a front a page add to declare that but it would certainly be known among other local growers who work for them, how else do you set an example?.

Also theres other ways outside of cartels to get the cash to start grows, local mob?, it may be a wealthy local that financed it, someone everyone knows they can go to, someone who on the outside looks clean but has their fingers in all the pies. maybe he thought he wasnt getting a fair cut, could be that the family were getting a bit to cocky and thinking nothing would happen to them?.

IMO: Someone in this family owed someone some serious money. Whether it has to do with the marijuana operations or not. Either that, or someone is a "rat."
The wrong person was crossed obviously. Obviously, this is my own honest opinion, but I am thinking that Gary or Chris Sr. were main targets (solely for the fact that they were severely beaten prior to being shot).
Someone mentioned biker gangs in the area?

I thought it was odd that if you have a large scale operation, why take the risk of getting weed from California through the USPS? I know we have killer weed out here but I wouldn't think you would need top shelf to make shatter.

Good point. And really, why even take the risk with USPS anyway? That is WAY beyond careless. It's almost asking to get busted!

To me it just doesnt feel cartel, too clean, they also like to let it be known it was them that did it, im not saying they would put out a front a page add to declare that but it would certainly be known among other local growers who work for them, how else do you set an example?.

Also theres other ways outside of cartels to get the cash to start grows, local mob?, it may be a wealthy local that financed it, someone everyone knows they can go to, someone who on the outside looks clean but has their fingers in all the pies. maybe he thought he wasnt getting a fair cut, could be that the family were getting a bit to cocky and thinking nothing would happen to them?.

The reason I suspect it is cartel is because of the strong cartel activity in the southern Waverly area. They do have a strong presence, and they do control the drug trade in the area.
http://www.clevescene.com/scene-and...n-drug-cartels-are-running-weed-farms-in-ohio

I thought it was odd that if you have a large scale operation, why take the risk of getting weed from California through the USPS? I know we have killer weed out here but I wouldn't think you would need top shelf to make shatter.
Maybe because the original grow site had been found and destroyed by LE, OR because of the weather? JMO

View attachment 92551
3122 Union Hill Road. I believe this was Dana's "new" house. Believe it or not- it appears to be in a different county!

Bump for reference to the THC lab

ETA: This looks like it has a brown fenced in porch type deal, which looks like the pictured THC lab. But it says different county, so ?

A thought I had last night-
I wonder why the autopsies will not be made available any time soon? I don't have the exact quote, but at the presser last night it was revealed that the autopsies were complete (I believe) but that the results would not be released to the public. Could releasing the way in which the families were killed, or the injuries they sustained, compromise the investigation?

Good point. And really, why even take the risk with USPS anyway? That is WAY beyond careless. It's almost asking to get busted!

It would have been safer and easier just to have someone mail you seeds. They already had the ability to grow...either amateurs or they were dealing with a tight time frame and needed mature buds....still?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fesmike