TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only my opinion, maybe they HAVE but are attempting to catch someone else that was involved. Such as an accomplice or if it was a hit, the party that hired them. Or maybe the LE is playing a strategic game of chess and has released lots of bogus info in hopes of someone leaking something that only the killer knows in hopes that the small town tumors get back to someone who reports them. I guess we just have to watch this one play out. But the LE saying and BB saying over and over it just takes one call seems like they are waiting for something true to get back to them. I believe the bloodied shirt was something set up between the police and BB in hopes of throwing the perp off their game. Such a scary and odd case.

So you don't believe there was a dog fight?

I, too believe that LE has far more information and/or evidence that we are aware of

Why would it mean that? If LE strategically released the search warrant as a distraction, and I don't know if they did, I think it would be to make the killer feel relaxed. It might make the killer think that LE is focusing on Missy's family, and let their own guard down. Meanwhile, LE can focus quietly in the background on a viable suspect.

We all seem to be on the same page with this today. [emoji4]

Okay, I'll try those too! I am currently searching an online retailer of tools under their category "hand tools". Will see if I can find anything under your search terms as well. I did look up auto body tools after I saw your post earlier but it didn't bring up anything that again, I personally see in that photo, but I'll keep looking! ;)
Tried to send on computer but computer crashed as soon as I got the link in but these hammers also come in steel handles.

Sent from my HTCD100LVWPP using Tapatalk

Why would it mean that? If LE strategically released the search warrant as a distraction, and I don't know if they did, I think it would be to make the killer feel relaxed. It might make the killer think that LE is focusing on Missy's family, and let their own guard down. Meanwhile, LE can focus quietly in the background on a viable suspect.

When I first heard diversion I was thinking the opposite - someone trying to divert LE away from what was really going on by distracting them with a shirt with some dog blood on it.

But, after reading a different take on it that someone posted (that LE was using it to divert) then I changed my mind, and I think the LE angle is much more plausible.

I, too believe that LE has far more information and/or evidence that we are aware of

I am seriously beginning to believe that is certainly a possibility. Jmo

Seems we all woke up on the same side of the bed! [emoji1319][emoji1319][emoji1319][emoji1319]

Sent from my iPhone

Okay, I'll try those too! I am currently searching an online retailer of tools under their category "hand tools". Will see if I can find anything under your search terms as well. I did look up auto body tools after I saw your post earlier but it didn't bring up anything that again, I personally see in that photo, but I'll keep looking! ;)
Scroll down the link to other tools further down the page. Having to use my phone. Charging laptop, I'll try to send photo of one resembling the tool later.

Well, that certainly would be nice for little Kilo's sake (and his owner!). I actually had thought of that, too, especially with the FIL's stammering and flubbing up just how many bloody shirts there were, and how many LE had (one with LE but one still at dry cleaner?? Makes no sense).

Scroll down the link to other tools further down the page. Having to use my phone. Charging laptop, I'll try to send photo of one resembling the tool later.

Okay, thank you! So far, the closest things I have come up with that look similar (but aren't the actually tool that I see) have been labeled with these names on the online retailer: weed hammer, brick-layer's hammer (this one particular hammer was so close but I didn't find one with the wing or dip at the top and the claw looked thinner than the photo) and rock pick (which is interesting based on the search terms I've been given on the thread). I'm still looking....

738eac096b31a950046ac4c272fa022e.jpg

I took a screen shot from the surveillance video and applied a sepia toned filter because it created the best contrast to see the hammer in their hand.

I found the lower pic on a geology website about rock tools. I think the long pink one looks like the hammer above. What do you guys think?

I think you are correct. I also brought up the geology tool angle a day or two; I am convinced that one of the tools he had with him was a hammer head with a pickaxe tip. - a Geologist's hammer, they call it. I think he had a holster and slipped different tools in and out as he needed them; it looks like that's what he was doing in one of the video, when his front is partly turned away from the camera.

That, combined with the big gloves, the boots, the front pack, the helmet, the flashlight, the crowbar, etc. all say to me that this is someone who is either an amateur rockhound or works around rocks. Just my opinion....

There is nothing, up to this point, that has suggested that Missy, nor her husband, had an affair of any type and I am not speculating that.

But, what about a jealous wife who perceived an affair was going on between her husband (who perhaps attended Missy's workouts in the mornings?) and Missy. She gets upset thinking something is going on between her husband and Missy, knows Missy's schedule (or a roundabout idea of it) since her husband attends (so she knows where the workouts take place, what time, etc.) and finally she snaps thinking something between them is going on and this is the end result?

Just another angle, although I admit it might be farfetched.

This is my theory as well, but in my theory the husband is actually knows about it while it's happening, but I can't formulate a scenario in which he'd be ok and supportive of it. Why wouldn't he put a stop to it? I'm still working my theory out in my head!

Now I see that too. I posted a pic but deleted because you're right, it didn't have the wing. I know someone back on Thread 1 or 2 or who knows...lol...posted a pic of what they thought it was but I don't remember what they called it.

Yesterday I posted a site that has a variety geologist's hammers, also called rock hammers:
http://geology.com/store/rock-hammers/

It seems like we all generally agree that the tool was perhaps a rock-hound tool or maybe a laborer's tool (perhaps roofer).

But what about that helmet? Real motorcycle helmets are expensive unless you could get one used or borrow one. The the lack of a visor (there was no visor, correct?) leads me to think of paintball helmets. They're not exactly cheap either, but I found an image that looks similar when searching 'paintball helmets'.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Paintball_Helmet_R_L.jpg
    Paintball_Helmet_R_L.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 273
That's a good point about running. The perp was eerily calm, and wore a disguise that they had to have known would prohibit them from making a quick, easy escape if need be.

That's why I think this was a hit. I believe the perp has killed before. I doubt any newly minted murderer could be so calm.

I heard one of the police officers state that the perp is about 6 ' tall. Maybe someone can help me here because when I look at the perps' body, in comparison to the doors, and door handles, he/she looks to be about 5 ' tall. Maybe the doors are all 8 feet high? Anyone?

And I don't think those are combat boots of any kind. They look more like riding boots to me, they are flat soled and knee high, with tight calves. The clothes are too big for this person and we can tell that he/she doesn't wear these for work - too sloppy for any duty. The helmet looks like old 1960's riot gear helmets but missing the face shield.

I think this perp was as high as a kite, looking for collection plate money from Sunday services, knew there was no alarm system, was in no hurry as he/she nosed around all the rooms and had no clue that an exercise class was about to fill up. He/she was surprised when Terri called out into the building after seeing the broken door knob and then told her he/she was there to investigate the break-in. I think it is a member of the church or on of its outreach programs.

I do not think Terri was targeted.
I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on this one.

I think she was targeted and what was caught on video was all staged to disguise his/her true motive.

As a quick side note it was interesting to listen to Tricia's podcast again.

It's been ages. Last time Katiecoolady was her guest discussing Jodi Arias. I need to get out more. :)

That's why I think this was a hit. I believe the perp has killed before. I doubt any newly minted murderer could be so calm.

What about a vet? I'm still convinced that walk and rounded shouldered, big bellied body is the walk and body of an older man...maybe one that has been in Vietnam? In which case, it certainly may not have been his first time killing.

Dirt-bike riders wear chest protectors, which could have been part of the perp's costume - resembles a SWAT vest.
These patches are cheaply purchased on various websites. Just stick it on your chest protector.

attachment.php

Attachments

• policepatch.jpg
    policepatch.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 207
Hammer Tool Auto Scene Outline .jpg

Okay, so let me just make sure that we all agree on the shape of the tool. Does everyone see this shape (see above) in the photo below?

Hammer Tool Auto Scene.png

It seems like we all generally agree that the tool was perhaps a rock-hound tool or maybe a laborer's tool (perhaps roofer).

But what about that helmet? Real motorcycle helmets are expensive unless you could get one used or borrow one. The the lack of a visor (there was no visor, correct?) leads me to think of paintball helmets. They're not exactly cheap either, but I found an image that looks similar when searching 'paintball helmets'.

attachment.php
Helmet is shiny.looks a lot like a baseball helmet,but jmo.

Either that or they were 100% certain they were going to kill her with no problems. My mind would lead me to stun gun and blunt force trauma (MB wouldn't fight back with stun gun) or...real gun that would drop her without a fight.

The way the perp holds the flashlight has been brought up before and I meant to mention it. I took my conceal carry class awhile back and one thing they mentioned was that if you sleep with a gun nearby, to have a flashlight also so you can hold it up (the way perp was) was clearing the room so you could SEE before you shoot. This never would have crossed my mind (and I have shot guns for fun my whole life) had class not mentioned it. So either perp had experience with LE (or someone in LE) or....they could have taken a lot of gun training classes also and learned this.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member