OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone refresh my memory?

What day did Hannah get home from the hospital with the baby?

Do we know if there was a grow operation at Kenneth's place?
I think two days before the murders likely. Generally you are there 24 hours basically.

I don't see a suppressor. It would have to be homemade, no question and there is still the fact of Gary and Chris.
Shoot Gary on the couch. Chris comes barreling out of the bedroom and gets shot in the knees or someplace not fatal. The gunman goes to work on Chris systematically kicking him to get information about the location of something (a safe, heroin?) I'm inclined to think money because of the money thrown down later. Gary, not quite dead, tries to get up and help Chris and goes down with X more shots. The perp moves on and takes out all potential witnesses. A supressor and a pillow and Frankie and Hana are out of the picture. Dana? I can't even think about that... But someone who was crooked LE or even enterprising would have a supressor if they planned this in advance. They're not that hard to get from my brief research. And, I could be totally wrong!

Y'all forget.. If Leonard goes down to the Frosty Queen, the town knows it.

This is a small town.

I expected that I would "hit" it but we changed threads. Does someone have a link to what our adorable Manny had to say today - he is sweet.

TIA

The reason I'm going with the story for now is that it's an interview with Donald Stone, who found Kenny. The article uses direct quotes from Stone. If DM altered what he said in the interview, Stone would have gone to the news media and said so. He doesn't seem to be too media shy.

Could be wrong, but for now I'm believing the direct quotes from Stone.

Like the scene in The Godfather where Michael arranges for several different people, at different locations, to be executed at the same time?

This just reminded me.....there was an episode in "Breaking Bad" where W. White needed 10 inmates killed in 2 minutes at 3 different locations. It was so they couldn't "talk". It wasn't the Mexican Cartel that orchestrated the logistics - it was that other crew, - the Okie/Skinhead drug dealers. They pulled it off. Just thinking out loud here......

Remember, the dogs that were inside the residence(s?) never attacked anyone or barked loud enough to wake/alert the victims. So they knew the intruders. The dogs can't possibly know THAT many people. I still say one at each residence. I actually think they were a couple (man and woman) and I think they were both well known to the victims and dogs.

Again...I agree with you :) a couple. A man and woman. Man goes in CR1. Woman goes in FR. Woman takes out FR first and then HG is easy. Woman goes over to other house to check on man. Then both man and woman go to DR house.

This just reminded me.....there was an episode in "Breaking Bad" where W. White needed 10 inmates killed in one minute at 3 different locations. It was so they couldn't "talk". It wasn't the Mexican Cartel that orchestrated the logistics - it was that other crew, - the Okie drug dealers. They pulled it off. Just thinking out loud here......

How many shooters did it take?

Shoot Gary on the couch. Chris comes barreling out of the bedroom and gets shot in the knees or someplace not fatal. The gunman goes to work on Chris systematically kicking him to get information about the location of something (a safe, heroin?) I'm inclined to think money because of the money thrown down later. Gary, not quite dead, tries to get up and help Chris and goes down with X more shots. The perp moves on and takes out all potential witnesses. A supressor and a pillow and Frankie and Hana are out of the picture. Dana? I can't even think about that... But someone who was crooked LE or even enterprising would have a supressor if they planned this in advance. They're not that hard to get from my brief research. And, I could be totally wrong!

A suppressor isn't that quiet though.

Frankie and Hannah would have to be killed first.

Suppressors are tracked more closely than guns. No way an LE would use a legal suppressor in a murder.

They are difficult to get, they take months and special forms before you know if you are approved and they track them closely.

It is much easier to buy an AK-47 than a suppressor.

I expected that I would "hit" it but we changed threads. Does someone have a link to what our adorable Manny had to say today - he is sweet.

TIA
There was a link earlier in this thread.

The reason I'm going with the story for now is that it's an interview with Donald Stone, who found Kenny. The article uses direct quotes from Stone. If DM altered what he said in the interview, Stone would have gone to the news media and said so. He doesn't seem to be too media shy.

Could be wrong, but for now I'm believing the direct quotes from Stone.

It's uncanny, but this newspaper comes up with accurate information before anyone else all the time! They must have an excellent team of reporters with cash to loosen lips. I often look for info about crimes (though this is my first time actively sleuthing since the Coleman murders which hit a little too close to home.)

Again...I agree with you :) a couple. A man and woman. Man goes in CR1. Woman goes in FR. Woman takes out FR first and then HG is easy. Woman goes over to other house to check on man. Then both man and woman go to DR house.
I'm a great shot. I wouldn't take on two people when I know a house is armed.

Killers might be crazy, they aren't stupid with a death wish.

I keep coming back to the story 'In Cold Blood'... thinking about the Klutter family wiped out over a jailhouse rumor about stacks of cash in a safe at the Klutter home.
The person(s) who committed this personally knew each victim, knew the dogs, knew the area and the property layouts and moved quickly and methodically in the pitch black foggy hollows back roads.
Until we know the est TOD from the victims' liver temps taken at the scene, and the autopsy details as to extent of beating, bruising and # of gunshot wounds to each victim, it is impossible to speculate who was the main 'TARGET' of this carnage.
LE already has that info, so I'm sure the motive and suspect list are becoming clearer to them.
I hope someone on Union Hill Rd had some kind of CCTV camera set up, or at least a Dept of Transportation camera on 32. Somewhere, someone saw or heard something, <modsnip>

this is not correct. The killers did not know the Clutters. One of them found out about them from a cell mate- but had never known them before the murders.
http://murderpedia.org/male.S/s/smith-perry.htm

What would fall under the revenge category?
In groups like that it could be revenge for stepping on toes and selling pot, something a previous relative did and was covered up, even minor things that most would let go.

Close knit small communities are notorious for minor things becoming big.

Yeah you likely would unless your neighbors were way down the street.

Their two homes were close, very close. I have 2 acres, I would hear a shot next door.

I'm on 6 acres with a guy below me on 22 acres. I hear his shotgun going off all the time- he's out hunting something (and is a kook so I steer clear)

Is it possible that some of the pot was ready to harvest and package and that's why Gary really came, to help? Maybe the killer(s) knew this and stole the finished product..
I would think if it was such a large, sophisticated grow, someone would be up playing watchman - I know I would be paranoid.
It's strange to me they were found in bed, with no forced entry found - who has keys, because surely they all lock their doors..?
Who can sleep soundly anyway, with a newborn in the bed with them? My son was in a crib beside the bed and I couldn't sleep for more than a couple of hours at a time, if that.
Such a sad, sad tragedy and I hope those responsible are brought to justice.

I'm a great shot. I wouldn't take on two people when I know a house is armed.

Killers might be crazy, they aren't stupid with a death wish.

Even if you knew they were sleeping and you had a key to slip in quietly?

Does anyone have a link or source for the information about dogs being inside? I know the cray-cray guy with the 2 videos said they were, but I haven't seen that information anywhere. Just wondering.

my opinion that I posted. IN the interview with Leonard out in the road he points to Dana's house and says them two dogs would eat you alive or something like that. I also have another source of what type of dogs they have but can't post due to TOS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddph