TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016- # 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
First press conference: https://youtu.be/XNLtwTK2hq8

After 12:20 mark, some description of the video evidence:

"She's walking down the main hallway in the vicinity of where we located her"

"I believe he left shortly after that occurred. Presumably he went out the way he came in"

It would seem like a huge waste of time bothering with that outfit and the at least half an hour of prep work that morning if all that was needed was for the clearly advertised cameras to go and pick up your license plate and details about your car when you drove in and parked. I'm not sure whether the perp minded about the interior cameras given their disguise, but they'd have a very big reason to be concerned about the exterior cameras that could negate everything they did as soon as somebody looked at the footage. Without me knowing where the circuit breaker is or where all the interior cameras are, I'm thinking the perp started preparing the scene on Sunday where amongst other things they could have surreptitiously flipped the switch for the exterior lighting (and exterior cameras) and they may have done other such things like stashing some gear there where these activities might not have been caught on the interior cameras. Also if there was a lighting/power issue outside, that could contribute to luring missy indoors where the perp would expect her to begin setting up in a certain room.

Do we know if there were any public events on at the church on Sunday 17th?

And has it been cleared up whether the external CCTV was temporarily disabled or whether it was just not working at that time. If it's the former, and someone intentionally switched it off, I'm sure the church could clarify whether it had to be an "insider" or whether the switch was accessible to anyone.

I'll have to lok around for that floor plan someone drew. I wonder if this room is accounted for. It kinda looks like its small, Maybe a room to use the phone?

The perp is definitely wearing blue sweat pants.
attachment.php

attachment.php

I don't think they're blue. There are quite a few shots of the jacket where it looks blue too. It's the lighting, IMO.

I am re watching the first presser and have noticed that they say Missy can be seen entering the church and heading down the main hall, close to where she was discovered,

From the sounds of that she was just out of the cameras view but right off the main hallway.

Also it seems that the campers did at first just think she was unresponsive. That leads me to believe that the scene may not have been too grizzly.

[video=youtube;XNLtwTK2hq8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNLtwTK2hq8"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNLtwTK2hq8[/video]

The second guy to speak had most of the info and Q&A

I am going to guess they were going to use the auditorium/ gym if she was seen in the main hallway but out of camera view. So horribly sad.

And has it been cleared up whether the external CCTV was temporarily disabled or whether it was just not working at that time. If it's the former, and someone intentionally switched it off, I'm sure the church could clarify whether it had to be an "insider" or whether the switch was accessible to anyone.

Aside from regular Sunday church service itself there was also some Bible study. Neither LE nor the church has cleared up what happened with the exterior cameras, which I would think regardless what happened LE would tell the church to keep quiet about it for the same reason LE won't themselves answer that question.

LE in video states he/she was wearing BDU style pants

In the shirt presser, the husband said he was wearing sweat pants.

And maybe after a lot of reviewing, it was decided that they are sweats.
The officer in the video did state he had seen photos only, no video at that point

Ummm yeah they had a blood drive! Holy cow! The mobile units were in the parking lot before Sunday school started and were there until 1:00 pm according to the churches website.

Someone could have easily snuck in to "use the restroom or disable a camera"

So they had the weekend off, the ole shirt has been at the lab since the 22nd or 23rd, and they still not have cleared anyone as a suspect.

I was really hoping for at least a statement.

"I believe he left shortly after that occurred. Presumably he went out the way he came in"

that is what some of us have been saying a long time ago, that Missy was murdered by where the perp came in....at first i thought it was at the door that he broke into but i think its the kitchen window....big struggle between the two, glass broke, the perp left from the window...explains why there was glass found near her body

only 19 pages behind lol Hope there is new info today within :websleuther:

Quick question... how many press conf has the MPD had? I know one on April 18 with MPD Chief /Captian Spann CID. Was there another? I was thinking when I first started reading that there may have been one after that.BY LEO not BB and BB/RB. Thanks in advance.

So they had the weekend off, the ole shirt has been at the lab since the 22nd or 23rd, and they still not have cleared anyone as a suspect.

I was really hoping for at least a statement.

I keep thinking any news will break on FB or Twitter first, based on what I have seen in many other cases. I am periodically checking the MPD FB page. One of the local reporters or Dallas reporters might tweet any breaking news, but I'm not local so it's hard to know whose Twitter to monitor for news.

Thanks, that's what I thought I'd heard--just checking that LE had not said perp left by a door. Thanks for taking the time to find this.

How do they know what way he/she came in? Maybe they don't but that leads me to believe they have confirmation on the entry of the perp.

only 19 pages behind lol Hope there is new info today within :websleuther:
Quick question... how many press conf has the MPD had? I know one on April 18 with MPD Chief /Captian Spann CID. Was there another? I was thinking when I first started reading that there may have been one after that.BY LEO not BB and BB/RB. Thanks in advance.

2nd LE press conferece on Fri 22, much more tight lipped, don't reveal anything (quite understandably)
https://youtu.be/dFyae4KYe74

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member