OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
He lives in Rarden which is about a 10-15 minute drive from KS's 5th wheel camper. We drove down to our property along the Ohio river today and we go Route 32 West to Route 41 and on down. Around 12:30 pm about a dozen sheriff dept. vehicles(marked and unmarked) blew past me. When we got to the top of Union Hill, they were all there.Then on our way back around 4:10 pm there was one black rollback wrecker with a car on it just as you turn onto Union Hill Road. We were now heading East on Route 32 and two red rollbacks were heading West. I even read the names on them, lol. By the way, hi meemaw!!!!!

Can you describe the car on the roll back?

http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/local/2016/05/03/rhoden-funerals-pike-county.html

WEST PORTSMOUTH, Ohio — "Nothing, not the comforting notes of a trusted hymn nor the lilting strains of a country song, could drown out the mournful wails of a grieving mother.

Geneva Rhoden sat before the caskets that held two of her sons Tuesday. And three grandchildren. And a daughter-in-law.

And for the more than 400 people who packed the sanctuary of the Dry Run Church of Christ, Mrs. Rhoden's moans were almost too much to bear."

"At the other end of the front row at the cemetery was Leonard Manley, slumped and shaking as only a broken man can. He sat next to the casket that held his daughter, Dana, and sobbed. So many tried to comfort him but it did no obvious good."

"For the Rhodens, Tuesday was no ending. No one at that service could bear to think so. And so they chose their last song carefully, clinging to hope that it could bring them each some measure of comfort and peace.

Family ties won’t be broken in Heaven, for we'll all be together on that shore. There will be no goodbyes to bring tears to our eyes, 'cause the circle won't be broken anymore."

These poor people. Their grief laid bare for the world to see. My heart breaks for them.

True :) but what I meant was not so much 'code' but more so meaning the reason they told others that they were getting together that night. GR most likely wasn't going to tell his Dad, "Hey dad, I'm going to stay at Chris's for a few days while we plant some weed". DS wasn't going to tell the press, "Yeah, we were supposed to meet up at 5:30 to get the plants in the ground".

...or maybe they just had a lot of cars to work on...

Haha yeah and BJM was going over there to feed the animals.

On page 1 of this thread (first post) does anyone know who's red truck is backed up in the drive? If it's not against TOS. If it's one of he victims I understand it being backed in. If it's someone that came to the scene in an emergency situation I don't. JMO

What if an extortion threat came through Dana to Chris? Could the band of brothers made it clear they weren't playing along? It seems like this was the way of handling things. So the question comes down to who could have needed money bad enough and was psycho enough to wipe out an entire family of witnesses to get it? Is that why there was cash thrown down? The act of a madman who has nothing to lose and has the goods on people in high places?

Can you describe the car on the roll back?

I was driving, but from what I could tell, it was a smaller SUV dark in color (black or dark blue maybe) The hill (Union Hill is very steep) so I was running about 60, then Union Hill Road is at the very peak of the hill to the right coming east bound. My passenger just reminded me that the black rollback was sitting there EMPTY on our way down, but had the SUV on it on our way back. I am looking at pics of the property with all the vehicles (CR's) to see if I can see it, but will have to zoom in on them. I know that area well as we go that way every weekend to our property which is where we have a motorhome.

Hi there

So not that far from the others either.

If ya got any idea about this pm me. I'm lost. I don't even know what I knew anymore, like the Haleigh case.
Going round and round.

((Hugs))

From Union Hill over to Rarden isn't far via the backroads, maybe 15 minutes tops?? I have heard some different things, but at this point they too are rumors. The cars being towed doesn't really surprise me though. :notgood:

Besides, DS has a brand new girlfriend. Let your mind wander...<boy, some of you are perverted... :blushing: >

DS NEW girlfriend lives in Beaver, Ohio.

DS is still married but separated from wife Dollie, and she has a new man as of a couple months ago.

I thought DS said in interview that he and Kenneth were going to the auto auction in Columbus on Friday, and that's why KR had lots of cash on him.

Someone asked earlier, "Where was Chris staying". If he and Dana were reconciled, was he staying at the new trailer? Could the entire series of events started at Dana's. That would most certainly point to a planned robbery. Force through beatings, gunshot wounds and threats, possibly eliminating one of the family member, forcing Chris to take them to the money at the 4077 trailer where Gary was fast asleep. Frankie & HHG because of proximity? Where does Kenny fit?

DS is still married but separated from wife Dollie, and she has a new man as of a couple months ago.

I thought DS said in interview that he and Kenneth were going to the auto auction in Columbus on Friday, and that's why KR had lots of cash on him.
Really? Don't think I heard this, about the cars I mean.

Without checking the DailyMail story from which that was taken, IIRC the statement was more along the lines of "we were going to work on cars at 5:30 in the a.m." and "we went to the auction a few weeks ago".

But if the operation was tight-knit why didn't someone think to tell Kenneth what happened?

Bugs me.

ETA: seems his mother, sister or surviving brothers could have thought of him. There he was shot dead in that fifth wheel where he lived like a sitting duck but was supposedly obsessed with security.

My thoughts exactly.... why didn't no one think to check on him ? Possibly they thought he was at work - even so, I would think someone would call his place of employment and tell him he needed to come home - if they had they would have known he wasn't at work.

Usually those laying farms are owned by the big chicken companies. They have different types of farms.

My cousin that had a Tyson chicken farm had layers and eggs had to be gathered. The people down the street had a farm and they raised chickens to be slaughtered.

Everyone I know that lives in a town where these major chicken companies have plants, all say the same, they have illegals working there. Also a documentary I saw years ago about chicken plants and it wasnt even about illegals, addressed the issue of illegals and the chicken plants and the government being well aware. Some of the towns had housing built for the illegals they were employing. The government would go in every so often and arrest a few and deport them in those conditions, leaving all the others, then someone would replace those deported.

Seems to be a real issue with the chicken processing plants and the government seems to know it is.

no illegals here and we have a huge plant (Pilgrims Pride) There used to be a big problem- but a law was passed that if someone employs an illegal they are fined big time. The day that went into effect they all split. See ya.

She calls 911 from Chris Sr's but yet her dad said she went in Frankie's first and found him, Hannah and the kids. She never mentions Frankie and Hannah on the call. Either Mr. Manley is confused or there's some question there.
LM did not specifically say she went to Frankie's first. He just mentioned it first. By the time he got there he may have just known that she had been in both. Keep in mind that this is a man in deep grief and that keeping everything in the proper order during retelling is probably not important. His poor brain is probably scrambled and it may take a month or a year before he probably processes it all and retells it in a way that makes sense. To him at the moment Frankie is his grandson, Chrissr is his ex son in law. That could be why he mentioned Frankie's first without realizing that others wouldn't see it as order of importance to him.

Probably their personal vehicles....I thought that they were towing the salvage vehicles which would be time consuming, lol. JMO

If your following the theory that someone was with them the night of the murders (as I am) they may be getting fingerprints and DNA from the vehicles.

Friday night, Jones was pulled over by authorities in Chillicothe. He was questioned by investigators until being released at 6 am Saturday morning.

[...]

In the meantime, Jones says he's still considered a suspect in the case.

http://myfox28columbus.com/news/loc...ction-with-rhoden-murders-maintains-innocence

Leonard Manley said he and his family feel targeted by the investigation.

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/new...owed-part-investigation-pike-county/83882994/

not quite the same, not quite there, but closer . . . teh.

http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/local/2016/05/03/rhoden-funerals-pike-county.html

WEST PORTSMOUTH, Ohio &#8212; "Nothing, not the comforting notes of a trusted hymn nor the lilting strains of a country song, could drown out the mournful wails of a grieving mother.

Geneva Rhoden sat before the caskets that held two of her sons Tuesday. And three grandchildren. And a daughter-in-law.

And for the more than 400 people who packed the sanctuary of the Dry Run Church of Christ, Mrs. Rhoden's moans were almost too much to bear."

"At the other end of the front row at the cemetery was Leonard Manley, slumped and shaking as only a broken man can. He sat next to the casket that held his daughter, Dana, and sobbed. So many tried to comfort him but it did no obvious good."

"For the Rhodens, Tuesday was no ending. No one at that service could bear to think so. And so they chose their last song carefully, clinging to hope that it could bring them each some measure of comfort and peace.

Family ties won&#8217;t be broken in Heaven, for we'll all be together on that shore. There will be no goodbyes to bring tears to our eyes, 'cause the circle won't be broken anymore."

This is just heartbreaking. Geneva has lost so many loved ones that made her life and family circle complete. I think I read she is around 78 so I sure hope all of the pain and suffering she is experiencing and will forever experience doesn't cause her health to fail.

I cant even begin to image the pain she must feel. I thought it was such a tragedy when my first cousin lost her only daughter at the age of 30, then a couple of years later she lost one grandchild that was a daughter of her deceased daughter. They both were killed in two different traffic accidents by drunk drivers. But it didn't stop there. One of her grandchildren died last year when she was at her other grandparents' home when she fell into a small pond, and drowned. She was two years old. Her mother was the daughter of her deceased daughter. So every time tragedy has struck her family they were all connected to the daughter she lost. She had to have extensive therapy in order to live with losing her daughter and grandchild who was 15 when killed. Just as soon as she thought she could go on for her two sons and other grandchildren then she gets slammed again by losing her youngest grandchild. She is still not doing well at all even though she has gone back to her therapist.

But to lose six of Geneva's loved ones at one time has to be unimaginable pain.

This wasn't suppose to happen. Parents are to die before their children. I wouldn't think there is a worse pain in the world than losing A child but to lose as many as she has must to be a pain so great that will never heal. I don't think Geneva will every be able to get over this.. She will go to her grave with a broken heart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Happyhen