TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just keep asking myself, how did the perp know there was no (or no working) burglar alarm? Either inside information or they did some research. But I suppose it will turn out to be just another one of those hindsight things.

Someone here mentioned that if you have an alarm, there is paperwork that must be posted for the public to see, some kind of permit

I read that BB gave LE the plane tickets and the car rental receipts. I am going to assume they also have the name of the friend that drove him and have spoken to that person.
If I was that friend, I would want to stay as far away from the media as possible, JMO

I just keep asking myself, how did the perp know there was no (or no working) burglar alarm? Either inside information or they did some research. But I suppose it will turn out to be just another one of those hindsight things.

...And no working cameras on the outside of the church. Did he know?

I keep thinking the fishing buddy is a woman. That might be the reason for withholding the name on BB's part. Even a plutonic female buddy would turn it into a circus. All MOO, of course.
I'm also thinking it may be a female however I'm jaded and not thinking platonic. Would explain driving back instead of flying as well. You couldn't fly in with your 'friend' with LE or press waiting at airport, but you could just drop her off before you arrive home. Jmo

Sent from my HTCD100LVWPP using Tapatalk

I heard BB say in an interview that "we" drove back from Mississippi on the day of MB's murder.

Hello, I'm new to WS. I have been lurking for YEARS and follow several cases. This is the first case to cause me to JOIN and POST. I do hope to follow all protocol and be very respectful of the rules and ettiquette here.

First, my opinion from the start is that SwatPerp is a female. The sway, the movement when checking out the Dutch door, and most of all dragging the hand along the wall while walking. What man would do that?

Another newbie here - this is my first post in fact. I haven't felt compelled to add anything to the discussion before but I wanted to agree with this. The first time I saw the footage I thought it was a woman - based on the walk. And also - because the individual is smart enough to wear complete protective covering in case of cameras - not that men aren't smart (!) ha - but it completely disguises not only their identity but even their gender. It's almost a 'covert' kind of killing even though it's not. Stats say female murderers are more likely to use covert methods, like poisoning for ex, than men are - and even though this individual didn't kill in a covert way, all of the preparation and forethought makes me think of a woman who doesn't want to get caught, and who is hoping to throw suspicion onto a man. Dressing in swatperp gear, not driving to the scene....there seems to be a lot of forethought, and a personal reason for doing this. Revenge?

The scenario I was imagining, before any of the info came out about infidelities, was a jealous/vengeful betrayed spouse who knew that MB used LinkedIn to flirt, etc. Such a perpetrator could also explain the "strange" and "creepy" LinkedIn message a few days prior - it doesn't take anything to come up with a fake male name and send some creepy messages - again, maybe trying to throw people off the scent and hope we assume it was a man.

Of course, after watching the husband's long interview, I started thinking I was wrong and he was involved - so who knows.

I think BB's interviews come off as odd because he knew all the stuff about affairs and financial problems is going to be public. I also think he's one of those people that enjoys attention. It's like he wants to talk without actually saying anything. Jmo

Not a lot of time to get emotional? He had 9 hrs in the car. :-/
I'm gonna defend this guy here. 9 hours is not a lot of time when you lose someone, especially with the shock of a horrific murder. The first stage of grief is denial. Add in a throng of news cameras in the front yard. I realize a lot of people find his demeanor and behavior odd but I don't think it is especially so. I don't know if he had anything to do with it or not. But my gut tells me he didn't.

I'm also thinking it may be a female however I'm jaded and not thinking platonic. Would explain driving back instead of flying as well. You couldn't fly in with your 'friend' with LE or press waiting at airport, but you could just drop her off before you arrive home. Jmo

Excellent point!

I'm gonna defend this guy here. 9 hours is not a lot of time when you lose someone, especially with the shock of a horrific murder. The first stage of grief is denial. Add in a throng of news cameras in the front yard. I realize a lot of people find his demeanor and behavior odd but I don't think it is especially so. I don't know if he had anything to do with it or not. But my gut tells me he didn't.

Yes, in his defense, if there had been multiple infidelities (one one side or both) and their relationship was rocky, then he would be a little off, suddenly having to talk about her - especially if he was away with a sidechick when it happened. He would be odd-sounding to say the least.

One thing about that long BB interview - he was very specific about when MB started texting him daily "i love you"s. He says it was 10 months ago. That every day for the past 10 months she has made an effort to tell him to text him "i love you" every day.

So...what happened 10 months ago? That doesn't stick in your head like that unless it was tied to an important event in your life.

Could someone weigh in on whether these two assumptions are correct?
(I checked the WS FAQ and was unable to confirm.)

1. There is no setting to receive email notifications ONLY when someone replies to your post?

2. If there is a particular WS member whose recent posts you want to search for, there is no way to accomplish this with the WS Advanced Search feature. You can only display a list of the THREADS they've posted in -- not the individual posts. Apparently the only way to find their forum posts is to locate a post they've made (not always an easy task) -- and then left click their username and select "View Forum Posts" as shown below.

TIA.

Click on image if it is too small to read.
Untitled.jpg

During my career the company's vendors and suppliers were always sponsoring trips, golfing, NASCAR races for their customers. Many events were held annually. Great opportunity to try a bit of hanky panky. It was like "What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas". I've seen some wild carrying on.

Something else bothering me. Here charter boats board and leave at dawn. BB should have been ready to board. Also, BB claimed that in two hours he would have been unreachable, out to sea. Has he not heard of "Ship to Shore" radios? Did he actually think that sea-going vessels don't have a way to communicate?

This whole exchange is just bizarre as well:

[video=youtube;ICfVJ4yIHcs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICfVJ4yIHcs[/video]

Whose shirts were they and how many did police seize? I can't think how the bloody shirts would really be connected since the perp was covered head to toe in tactical gear.

I think BB's interviews come off as odd because he knew all the stuff about affairs and financial problems is going to be public. I also think he's one of those people that enjoys attention. It's like he wants to talk without actually saying anything. Jmo

It it seems odd when your spouse was just murdered that you would be orchestrating an interview. He asked if they're ready etc..... Personally AND IF I did an interview at all it would go along the lines of my family requests our privacy at this time.

I think everyone around this case is bizarre. Such little emotion from anyone involved. BB and RB...laughing and chatting with the media. And then AJT and CT....there is nothing on their FB pages that I can find that even mentions Missy's death. I mean, come on. That is not normal. Here is a man that worked with her, at least, and his wife who knew Missy well...and they say nothing at all about the murder? And no one else on their pages mentions anything either. None of the Gladiators, or whatever they are supposed to be. They are putting up teary eyed emoticons because they slept late and missed their work out... ??? HELLO. A woman has been killed.

I swannee, I think the perp is a man. I can't get a handle on this. And I'm torn up that we are still waiting for an arrest. Perhaps this case is more twisted that we originally thought.

I try not to make excuses for the behaviors of those closest to the victim, immediately after a horrific crime. This is the time you will see genuine, uncontrolled and not thought through feelings and emotions and GRIEF. Pure, unadulterated grief. It looks different in different people but you still recognize it as deep pain and grief. I think having to excuse behavior is a red flag in and of itself.

Having affairs or financial problems wouldn't change the traumatic effect of the murder of a loved one- especially a spouse, or the mother of your children. When people have affairs but don't leave, all it tells me is that the couple doesnt want to, won't or cant leave but that they are still connected- for whatever reason. All the stress or anger in the world will not change your feelings of the brutal murder of a loved one- if anything they will add to the trauma and sadness- at least in the early stages.

The husbands words are as odd as his behavior, IMO. There may be another explanation but right now I can't get past that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member