OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bad, bad Meemaw. Lol. How ya' doing? I have done that before, so now if I type in a city, (or county) I also put the state. This case is too close for comfort for me and there are so many rumors going around. Take care:loveyou:

Had me going until I put my nose on the nap and saw Suska .... Susqhuahanna State Forest, then I had to google it.

Is it just me or are murders on a steep uptick right now? Seems like one right after another, everywhere I look in the news.

Figured out today, got a drug dealer right next to me. Me and some other neighbors have been thinking for a while there's one right up the road as well. Getting pretty hectic around here.

As strange as it may sound custody of the children is a possible motive for the crime.

I honestly don't think they came in the windows if anything they left through the windows in order to not leave the doors unlocked. If they could leave through door and it had a lock that could lock behind them I think the Windows were either already opened or they opened them just to stage the crime scene. The only thing that doesn't make since is they were able to get in the door at FR without waking the child. This is why it only makes since if FR or HG let this person in and either the child was already asleep or fell asleep prior to the murder. I really feel it has to be someone really close to these people and most likely the least expected. I really haven't even settled on a motive there are a lot of maybes but nothing that says this absolutely is why. I can't even figure out why they even went to the extent they did. 8 people I understand they might have known etc...but I'm willing to bet even if it was 4 it would have instilled the same fear in the survivors as 8. I'm sure some know more than they are saying but are afraid to speak and I suspect if others had survived it would have been the same with them. 4 different locations is very risky and to murder mothers in bed with their children is extremely heartless and risky what if a bullet strayed or something. Then multiple shots on the majority even with someone fighting back it seems to be overkill. If sleeping one shot should've been all it took so why the extra?

yeah. I was more or less throwing out that scenario to see if anything stuck. I am liking the idea of them coming from Frankie's though.

Had me going until I put my nose on the nap and saw Suska .... Susqhuahanna State Forest, then I had to google it.

Is it just me or are murders on a steep uptick right now? Seems like one right after another, everywhere I look in the news.

Figured out today, got a drug dealer right next to me. Me and some other neighbors have been thinking for a while there's one right up the road as well. Getting pretty hectic around here.

Hi, neighbors (ish)! Greenup here! We're not too far away from each other if you guys are in Pike! :)

I'm just throwing this out there. I live on the edge of Appalachia, just like southern Ohio but on the opposite side of the mountains. I have had my windows open for the past several weeks. The temperature at night is very nice and the sound of the frogs outside is very relaxing. Are we making too much of the windows? The only thing significant I find in the windows are the bullet holes in the living room window of CR1's trailer.

say what?

As strange as it may sound custody of the children is a possible motive for the crime.

I thought about this several times I can think of 1 scenario that goes with this perfect but it is based on hearsay.

Technically, they wouldn't have to leave through the windows to leave the doors locked if they had the right kind of knob.

Is it me, or do I seem doorknob obsessed? I'm so sorry.

-edit- I would also like to add that the innuendo here was completely unintentional, but I am laughing anyways.

Fortunately I don't have any "known" druggies near me, but ya' never know. Someway, somehow, things have got to get better.

If it's true that KR was shot only once - I've thought about this over and over. Maybe he was the last one? It's a stretch but just follow me...maybe all the others were shot (with the exception of CSR and GR - I think they were awake and fought) in the dark. So they were shot multiple times to ensure they died. Maybe KR was last and shot after daybreak, so they were sure he was dead with one good shot to the head.

Just a stretch but what I thought after I saw the rumor of him only being shot once.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Technically, they wouldn't have to leave through the windows to leave the doors locked if they had the right kind of knob.

-edit- I would also like to add that the innuendo here was completely unintentional, but I am laughing anyways.

No I agree that's why I said if they had locks they could lock when they left either the windows were already open or they opened them to stage the scene

My parents live in a single wide mobile home. - and to lock the door, you push the door handle in and turn to the left. To unlock, you simply turn the door handle to the right. There's no "lock". So if it works the same, all Brentley would have to do is simply turn the door handle to the right like he was opening the door and the door would unlock and open.

Like another poster said, I've never been much for the BJM theory, but I still have quite a few questions regarding the things that she's said in interviews....particularly the one about finding the bodies that went into more details. You can find that one here - http://www.cincinnati.com/story/news/2016/05/11/pike-county-not-leaving-those-babies-there/84194756/

Especially about the doors....
"She had a friend and his wife with her when she pulled into the driveway. She left her cellphone charging in the car and went up to the trailer. She turned the handle of the door and thought it was odd it was locked, she said. She also thought it was odd that Rhoden's two pit bulls were outside on the front porch, one sitting in a recliner. The animals normally stayed inside the trailer, she said.

She found the key and opened the door."

"
She then went to the next trailer to alert her nephew Frankie Rhoden that she had found his father dead.
But his front door was locked, too. She pounded on the door, calling for Frankie or for Brentley to open the door for “Aunt Jo.’

The toddler unlocked the door and let her in."

Why would someone keep a spare key hidden when they didn't normally lock their doors? Clearly BJM was there quite a bit helping out, so she would more or less know what to expect from a place she'd visited that much...and she had the presence of mind to not that the locked door was unusual.

While she doesn't say anything about FR and HG's place, she does mention that door is locked as well. I know a lot of people question a 3 year old's ability to unlock the door, but I truly believe these were the kind of doors like I have at my house. (This is speculation, of course) They look like this...(just for reference)

attachment.php

When I turn the piece in the center of the handle and shut my door as I am leaving, I cannot re-enter my house without my house key. However, if I turn it while I am still inside my house and shut the door, all I have to do is turn the knob as usual to get back out. I do not have to reset the center piece, it simply turns as it always does from the inside, but you cannot get back in if you shut the door. I have locked myself out of my house because of this stinking feature so many times over the past few years I've lost count....and it has basically become the soul reason I now have a hide a key!

So, the three year old may not have had to unlock anything....he just turned the handle and opened the door. I wonder if maybe the killer(s) didn't lock the doors on their way out...because why go back through a window when everyone is already dead?

We know KR's place was unlocked because DS mentioned in an interview that KR padlocked it from the outside when he was gone, and when he arrived, saw his truck and noticed that the padlock wasn't on. I don't know how they would lock in a camper like that, either....and DS never mentions needing a key like BJM does. As for DR's, I'm not sure on that one either. I wonder how far back DR was when James "saw her leg and backed out." The most recent pictures of her living room renovation show that her couch was against the wall right next to the front door, and we know she was up past 2 AM at least changing her FB pictures...so maybe she was asleep on the couch and was sleeping as such that her foot was the first thing JR saw...as he would be right next to it as soon as he walked in the door. I know after a long day I am the queen of falling asleep on the couch while watching TV...

Again...speculation. I just so badly want to make sense of it all! Sorry for my boring door knob talk! :)

My dear, I want a full report tomm about your trip to Lowes and instalation of a dead bolt look !! The one pictured does nothing!!

There is one down the road from my house sitting by the road for sale.

Oh my lord. you guys just creeped me out. I did not know you can just buy a cop car! Are we talking with lights on top or the secretive kind? If you never hear from me again that means I did not pull over for a speeding ticket!!

Also, what would a car person do with school bus parts? I say one on their lot - and thought I am sure bus engines dont work in cars?

Lot's of people leave spare keys outside their home. I personally do not b/c we've been stolen from several times and I'm just not comfortable with it. If you're going to do it though, the best way to do it is to get one of those little boxes that have a code that you put into it before you can get your key out. I'd probably forget my code though. I was looking at basic trailer floor plans for 70' single wides. I know it's just a guess, but, it's also possible they came and left through a jimmied back door. There were stairs leading to the back door at FR's back door. IIRC, they said that two locations showed signs of forced entry.
attachment.php

Attachments

• Sunwood-skyline-homes-floor-plan.jpg
    Sunwood-skyline-homes-floor-plan.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 347
I missed this too! I read it and thought - shut the front door...when was this released?!?

I haven't even heard that being said just in gossip around here and believe me, it's abundant. Everyone has a theory, so unless a link is provided, I'll say it is not true. If it is, I'll eat liver and onions and I cannot stand either. :shame:

My parents live in a single wide mobile home. - and to lock the door, you push the door handle in and turn to the right. To unlock, you simply turn the door handle to the right. There's no "lock". So if it works the same, all Brentley would have to do is simply turn the door handle to the right like he was opening the door and the door would unlock and open.

Also, I'll add to that - if we left our keys inside when I was younger, all it took was a stiff credit card and you were in with hardly a sound. Just one good swipe with a stiff card and the door flew open.

I lived in a trailer almost exactly like this in the late 90's. The only difference is that it didn't have the master bath, just the bathroom in between the two bedrooms in the hallway. The kitchen and the living room made up the bulk of the house, and the bedrooms were fairly small.

I haven't even heard that being said just in gossip around here and believe me, it's abundant. Everyone has a theory, so unless a link is provided, I'll say it is not true. If it is, I'll eat liver and onions and I cannot stand either. :shame:
It's on the photos of the trailer that virtually every media outlet has been showing. Just look at the window. I can't say how long the holes had been there, but they're there now.

My dear, I want a full report tomm about your trip to Lowes and instalation of a dead bolt look !! The one pictured does nothing!!

Oh my lord. you guys just creeped me out. I did not know you can just buy a cop car! Are we talking with lights on top or the secretive kind? If you never hear from me again that means I did not pull over for a speeding ticket!!

Also, what would a car person do with school bus parts? I say one on their lot - and thought I am sure bus engines dont work in cars?

This one does not have lights on top, but the city logo is still on the car....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Linnymac68$