TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same here but I seriously doubt that's the case. Why this new press conference with basically no new news other than "no family member is a suspect as of now." Lawyers breathing down LEs back threatening lawsuits?

No lawyer is threatening anything and the press conference gave the public the Altima.

I doubt that LE cares about the sticker, because they already know who the car is registered to, I believe. May not know who was driving it, though. JMO

Hmm... just had a thought. It's one assumption that the perp was familiar with the church. Maybe s/he wasn't that familiar afterall. Maybe in the dark and in the rain, the perp (if in that car) entered the wrong place by driving into the parking lot of the gun shop, realized the error once in the lot, and then proceeded to the church.

Just a brainstorm, jmo.

As far as what I think personally - and I know I differ from the majority - I think it is a young male. I don't think he personally knew MB, which also puts me at odds with the majority. Either it was a vandalism/robbery in which she caught him by surprise, or else it's a thrill-kill scenario where he became aware of her schedule but had no previous relationship to her. JMO.
I personally have thought all along it is a young male 19-22 who was playing dress up cop and was just in the church screwing around then panicked when stumbling upon MB.

The MIL was addressing a woman in her mothers day letter and earlier said basically that Missy's involvement with CG is what took her away and did her in. Missy was involved with other MLM's before she was involved with CG. I have not heard anyone complain about that! She must have been bringing home a decent amount of money (prior to CG)......also with some substitute teaching and personal training at the AF gym......so why was MIL picking on CG ? JMO

RBBM

I really want to address this but I've typed my thoughts up 3 times and I just can't get it to come out right.:gaah:

OK do you think it is a male or female?

My personal opinion is male, although I do believe he knew her, which puts me in the category of not being able to infer anything specific as to who based on the forum rules. I am new here so I am trying to make sure I stay within the guidelines. :)

I personally have thought all along it is a young male 19-22 who was playing dress up cop and was just in the church screwing around then panicked when stumbling upon MB.

I have entertained that thought as well. One stumbling block is the time of day. Would a young person be up and out of the house at that time of day? Serious question! It takes some ambition to get yourself somewhere at that time of day.

jmo

I doubt that LE cares about the sticker, because they already know who the car is registered to, I believe. May not know who was driving it, though. JMO

BBM. Why do you believe that? If the car's plates were readable, they would have grilled the owner for hours on end to find out who might have been driving it if the owner wasn't. And I don't think they would have paraded that picture in the press conference if they at least knew for sure who owned the car. More likely, to me, is that a glare prevented readability, or else someone switched the plates. In which case they would have no clue about this car, which is certainly how it seems if you take their comments at face value.

I am surprised to read post after post after post on here in every thread, stating how LE knows sooo much more than we think they do, that they know exactly who the killer is and are just collecting evidence, etc. And I'm not sure why that opinion is so prevalent unless people just want to be optimistic and want to trust those in authority that they're making progress.

But given everything we've seen and heard (and what we have NOT seen and heard yet), I see no reason to take this investigation in any way differently than what LE has stated to us and to the media. They are stumped. They're not sure if the perp is male or female. They have the height narrowed down to a 6-inch range. They don't know motive. They're not sure what the reason was for all the movement they saw on video footage. They don't think the family or friends are involved, but after going thru over 1000 leads they don't have anything else other than an Altima that may or may not be involved at all and whose driver or owner is unknown to them.

If anyone has any reason other than your own guarded optimism to say that LE IS close to learning gender and motive, and identifying a prime suspect, let's hear it.

I have entertained that thought as well. One stumbling block is the time of day. Would a young person be up and out of the house at that time of day? Serious question! It takes some ambition to get yourself somewhere at that time of day.

jmo

No, but a young person would still be up from the night before.

BBM. Why do you believe that? If the car's plates were readable, they would have grilled the owner for hours on end to find out who might have been driving it if the owner wasn't. And I don't think they would have paraded that picture in the press conference if they at least knew for sure who owned the car. More likely, to me, is that a glare prevented readability, or else someone switched the plates. In which case they would have no clue about this car, which is certainly how it seems if you take their comments at face value.

I am surprised to read post after post after post on here in every thread, stating how LE knows sooo much more than we think they do, that they know exactly who the killer is and are just collecting evidence, etc. And I'm not sure why that opinion is so prevalent unless people just want to be optimistic and want to trust those in authority that they're making progress.

But given everything we've seen and heard (and what we have NOT seen and heard yet), I see no reason to take this investigation in any way differently than what LE has stated to us and to the media. They are stumped. They're not sure if the perp is male or female. They have the height narrowed down to a 6-inch range. They don't know motive. They're not sure what the reason was for all the movement they saw on video footage. They don't think the family or friends are involved, but after going thru over 1000 leads they don't have anything else other than an Altima that may or may not be involved at all and whose driver or owner is unknown to them.

If anyone has any reason other than your own guarded optimism to say that LE IS close to learning gender and motive, and identifying a prime suspect, let's hear it.

Nope...for me, it's all my own guarded optimism. :)

jmo

Hmm... just had a thought. It's one assumption that the perp was familiar with the church. Maybe s/he wasn't that familiar afterall. Maybe in the dark and in the rain, the perp (if in that car) entered the wrong place by driving into the parking lot of the gun shop, realized the error once in the lot, and then proceeded to the church.

Just a brainstorm, jmo.

Why wouldn't the perp be seen on camera in the church for nearly 2 hours after that, though? 2 am at gun store. 3:50 at church.

I also believe he had some sort of recording device like a Go Pro camera with him recording the breaking and entering to replay for fun.

Car drama: Sandy (I think) posted on a previous thread that it is possible the photo LE released is not from the gun store camera but from the church. There was a photo attached side by side to show why they thought this. I have to say you might be on to something..... What if the image IS from the church camera (we know it is most likely NOT as high tech as the gun store cameras as stated by previous poster who knows which cameras are at the store plus the store should have a side view of the car and who is inside of it with night vision, right???) -the still image released might be the only image that LE has? IF this is the case, obviously SP knows they were not in the gun store parking lot that night so they are even more comfortable now thinking LE is no where near closing in on them. (???)

SBM....this is interesting. I missed those pics, will have to go back and search. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I found it! :happydance: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?308543-TX-Terri-Missy-Bevers-45-murdered-in-church-person-in-SWAT-gear-18-Apr-2016-20&p=12577910&highlight=photo#post12577910

Post #939

That's a thought....and might explain the car driving into the gun shop first - looking for a building to enter after a night of whatever, taking the wrong turn because of tiredness, dark, rain.

I'll put "random young person" on my list....a list that is about the size of Texas, yet with an empty column under the heading "Firm suspect."

jmo

Nope...for me, it's all my own guarded optimism. :)

jmo

LOL As for me, I can assure everyone that NO ONE has ever regarded me as an OPTIMIST. Everything that LE says publicly, has a purpose. And they also purposefully do NOT reveal things publicly. I don't think that they are lying, I think that they are conducting a murder investigation......JMO

jmo

My bigger stumbling block on this one goes back to human nature. Someone playing dress-up not expecting anyone to be there would likely just flee if someone came in, not bludgeon them to death. It is a big leap. They know they can't be identified To me, anyone thinking ahead enough to purchase swat gear to stage a break in would also be smart enough to spend a few days staking the place out - therefore knowing the church was always in use during the early morning hours.

Why wouldn't the perp be seen on camera in the church for nearly 2 hours after that, though? 2 am at gun store. 3:50 at church.

IDK, of course, but perhaps the perp was in the church, but in places where the camera didn't record. IIRC, the kitchen doesn't have cameras. Maybe the kid had the munchies.

All speculation, opinion, brainstorming.

My bigger stumbling block on this one goes back to human nature. Someone playing dress-up not expecting anyone to be there would likely just flee if someone came in, not bludgeon them to death. It is a big leap. They know they can't be identified To me, anyone thinking ahead enough to purchase swat gear to stage a break in would also be smart enough to spend a few days staking the place out - therefore knowing the church was always in use during the early morning hours.

Was it in use every morning at 5am or earlier? I doubt that. One more reason to think that Missy was targeted.....JMO

BBM. I just don't get this. Whether they're gathering evidence or waiting for a confession the perp has now had over 5 weeks to destroy evidence. Like, seriously? They might know who did it but still have to wait?! I assume if that's the case their suspect is under 24 hour surveillance? Please tell me this is so....

If not, let's hope they don't do it again, or kill themselves, or go AWOL. Crazy.

Exactly this.

Plus - I know most people are saying that LE knows who it is, they're just waiting until they have all the evidence they need, etc, etc. I call BS. I don't think they know at all.

Was it in use every morning at 5am or earlier? I doubt that. One more reason to think that Missy was targeted.....JMO

I am not sure about that location, I know they have other Dallas locations and they are M-F at the same time every morning. I definitely agree she was targeted.

Just a brainstorm, jmo.
That's an interesting thought. Can any locals tell us whether the gun store lot is well lit at night and clearly looks like a gun store at night?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther