TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #26

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://shar.es/1Jphuo. Yes, two deputies charged.

I can't help but think there could possibly be a link between the rogue LE, stolen guns & Missy's death. I have always maintained that Missy either saw something or heard something that she shouldn't have seen or heard. Missy was always up & about in the early morning hours to get ready for her classes. There's not a lot of good things happening between 3 am & 4 am. It would actually be a good time for criminals to be out & about. This is all JMO.

Sounds like they have the serial number? Which means either perp left gun behind or someone reported one stolen? What do you guys make of this?

Gun is stolen
from Ellis Cty evidence room; sold in the market for cash; used at crime scenes around county and in this case perhaps MB murder.

As a local, I feel compelled to share that I have huge reservations about sharing things publically that LE feels does not need to be shared with the public right now. Our "curiosity" and our "need to know now" mentality could jeopardize this case. I am by no means a crime scene expert, but I can only imagine that there are things that perhaps only a killer or accomplice could know and LE has a very good reason for keeping some things out of the general public's hand at this time.

I have been very proud of our local community's restraint as I know many read here. I feel certain there are some interesting insights and knowledge we could share but do not out of respect not only for her family, but of the investigation. Kudos to the reporter and agency that did not feel a need to report publically the response to the records request. This isn't about who can share a scoop first ... If it was, locals would be on here all day long.

Sorry to sound snarky...it isn't my usual temperament. The people in our town want justice for Missy and her girls. We have faith that our local LE with assistance from the best of the best have this. We know an arrest may not be imminent, but one will come. We are not fearful of this going unsolved, nor are we fearful of a killer on the loose.

I'm just catching up so I have about 4 more pages to read but I wanted to address this statement b/c I have heard it at least 100 times here. The fact of the matter is the killer has not been caught so technically a killer is still loose in the community. It really confuses me that people aren't scared of a cold blooded murderer who has not been arrested. Maybe it's just me and maybe 20,000 people in a town isn't that small of a town. *shrug*

JMO

Sounds like they have the serial number? Which means either perp left gun behind or someone reported one stolen? What do you guys make of this?

Or a match to bullet with a registered or previously identified gun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Im still curious how SP would know MB would be arriving early and alone. What would SP have done if another CG arrived around the same time as MB and helped her bring items into the church. Seems like a huge gamble. No?

Graphic Content Alert:

If this gun was involved in the murder as well as the claw hammer, I wonder if the perp used the hammer to remove the bullet from Missy in order to avoid identification. Horrible thought, I know.

An individual listed in the SW is a former Military Medic in combat zones.

Im still curious how SP would know MB would be arriving early and alone. What would SP have done if another CG arrived around the same time as MB and helped her bring items into the church. Seems like a huge gamble. No?

My only thought on that (f we go with the 'she was targeted' theory) is they were either family, a close friend or a CG member that knew she usually arrived at a specific time, before the rest of the class to set up. Still a bit of a risk that someone doesn't do something out of the norm, but probably as close as you are going to get with guaranteeing someone will be alone at an early morning hour.

By the language in the letter for clarification to the AG, it appears that LE has in its possession a firearm that may have been used to kill MB. The request to deny release of its serial number is bolstered by the claims that the number could be used on illegal firearms or prompt a false stolen weapon report.

If the gun was MB's or from her home, LE would not have the concern of a false stolen weapon report. The use of the number on an illegal weapon is strange because I think it would be extremely difficult to change the serial number on a gun but what do I know? Nothing.

The fact that the weapon was left behind tells me it is not traceable to the perp and the use of an untraceable gun puts a new spin on perp's prep work.

Hey You just asked the question: "Does anyone know if the perp vest is an actual official POLICE vest? Or is it an item used for a costume?"

I wondered the same and couldn't find a similar vest with google searches for official Police uniforms with "police" in large letters like the perp's vest. Has this already been researched to the bone earlier?

They are readily available in several configurations.

http://arrowshopping.com/clothing-a...ar/body-protective-gear/arrow-police-vest-1v/

I'm just catching up so I have about 4 more pages to read but I wanted to address this statement b/c I have heard it at least 100 times here. The fact of the matter is the killer has not been caught so technically a killer is still loose in the community. It really confuses me that people aren't scared of a cold blooded murderer who has not been arrested. Maybe it's just me and maybe 20,000 people in a town isn't that small of a town. *shrug*

JMO

Perhaps there is a lot of denial going on. While denial is a refusal to face reality, it can keep one from "freaking out". We who live in the larger cities wake up every morning & wonder how many murders we're going to have today. On the other hand, it has been years since Midlothian has had a murder.

I am still really confused. Maybe MYO in the initial response they found a gun and the serial number was sent out on the public channel. In that case I can see not releasing the tape. I am all for public info but I also know law enforcement needs some discretion. IMO

Well, if there was a gun involved, both probably would have ended up dead. JMO

By the language in the letter for clarification to the AG, it appears that LE has in its possession a firearm that may have been used to kill MB. The request to deny release of its serial number is bolstered by the claims that the number could be used on illegal firearms or prompt a false stolen weapon report.

If the gun was MB's or from her home, LE would not have the concern of a false stolen weapon report. The use of the number on an illegal weapon is strange because I think it would be extremely difficult to change the serial number on a gun but what do I know? Nothing.

The fact that the weapon was left behind tells me it is not traceable to the perp and the use of an untraceable gun puts a new spin on perp's prep work.

TeaTime, how do we know the gun was left behind? Or used during the murder? It could have been confiscated during the investigation, or as others have said, it was Missy's gun. I'm not able to connect the mention of a gun in the search warrants - to it being the murder weapon.

If it were MB's gun, I don't think LE is neccessarily saying they have a concern of a false stolen weapon. I think that whole section is standard language to deny the release of the records - saying they don't want to release any gun serial numbers that could be put on to stolen guns at a later date (there are actually places that will file down and re-etch serial numbers). It sounds like this is in response to the search warrant. My personal thought is perhaps they found her gun in her truck. I just don't picture this perp shooting her with a gun, then beating her with a hammer after the fact, then leaving all of that behind. It is definitely a possible scenario - but if he used her gun on her, that part couldn't be planned. SP seemed to have this planned down to the minute. If SP brought a gun with them, I just don't see them leaving it behind. They may be confident it can't be traced to them, but it is definitely easier to trace than a standard hammer.

So they have a gun with a serial # and they have not arrested the owner of thew gun with a serial #. They don't want the serial # released for fear the serial # will be used on another gun, since it's known that gun is in custody. Hmmm.

Maybe the gun was stolen or the owner is dead. It would be interesting to know where the gun came from, seems the owner of the gun is not the killer. jmo idk

maybe the firearm is one of which missy is known to have or had in her possession at some point in time. -either legally or illegally and the firearm's serial number is mentioned by mpd in preparation to use said serial number as a cause to ask for denial of releasing information.

for instance : if missy is known to sometime carry a firearm with a known serial number and mpd did not find said firearm.

If Missy was cremated then it could have been to soon. Jmo.

Some real forensics shows have shown cases where a body is dug up 6 months after burial to show bruises that wasn't originally noticeable during the original autopsy.

So maybe certain things was missed and we can no longer exhumed the body to back track possible autopsy mistakes. Jmo.

If Missy was cremated then it could have been to soon. Jmo.

Some real forensics shows have shown cases where a body is dug up 6 months after burial to show bruises that wasn't originally noticeable during the original autopsy.

So maybe certain things was missed and we can no longer exhumed the body to back track possible autopsy mistakes. Jmo.

Hey Dex! Nice to see you! I think I read that they had a closed casket funeral and I know there were pictures posted of flowers on a grave where BB had stated he didn't place her near her father but closer to him and the children. IIRC. JMO since I can't link his FB anymore (because it's gone).

https://shar.es/1Jphuo. Yes, two deputies charged.

I've gone back & read this article again. The first deputy was arrested on April 15th, 3 days before Missy's death. This article was posted on Wednesday, May 4th & says that the second deputy was arrested on Tuesday. I am assuming the arrest date for him was Tuesday, May 3. This is purely speculation, but could the first arrest have been the result of a tip that Missy submitted? I'm just thinking out loud again.

Just guessing here, but 911 call(s) may have mentioned "gunshot" or gun. Could put caller in jeopardy. Also, if LE has the serial number of the gun "associated" with the crime, then they have a gun. Yes, it could be Missys or it could be swatperps and it could be stolen. Thanks so much Cannonball.....now this is making more sense. JMO
Sorry I'm catching up and someone below me may have already addressed this but IMO it's the gun info (there being one used) that they didn't want out. It is very simple to redact a serial number from a document. And had it been simply to state that Missy had one in her truck this would all be moot. I am speculating but I believe they don't want us to know the guns serial number possibly left at the scene was tied to the Ellis co evidence room issue.

Sent from my iPhone

I still do not understand why the family is not under some police protection (again, locals chime in please), considering MB could have been targeted. What if MB told BB something? Why wouldn't he and the girls NOT be in danger? LE has to know something to come to the conclusion that the B family is safe.

JMO

and I will add... they could be under protection - but I haven't seen or heard of anything related to this issue.

:thinking:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member