TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #26

Discussion in 'Crimes in the News' started by Sparky, Jun 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sparky

Sparky <b><span style="color:#000099;">Retired WS Staff</

[​IMG]

"A fitness trainer and mother of three was murdered in a Dallas-area church Monday morning by a man wearing SWAT gear, police said."

"Boot camp-style exercise class participants who showed up at the Creekside Church of Christ in Midlothian, Tex., around 5 a.m. found their instructor Terri &#8220;Missy&#8221; Bevers, 45, dead, according to the Midlothian Police Department."

"Fitness trainer Terri (Missy) Bevers, 45, was killed early Monday just before her boot-camp style class, police said. Participants in the Camp Gladiator class found her dead when they arrived to a Midlothian, Tex., church for the workout."

"Police Chief Carl Smith said a man wearing what looked like a tactical helmet, gloves and a heavy vest with "POLICE" written on it could be seen in security camera footage from the E. U.S. Highway 287 church just before Bevers arrived. The department released the 4 a.m. footage Monday afternoon, though Smith said no cameras captured the attack."

MEDIA & TIMELINE *NO DISCUSSION*

LE Update/Presser on April 22, 2016

Link to Midlothian Police Department facebook page
    Images (still and video) from the church featuring the perp can be seen here.

Thread #1
    Thread #2
    Thread #3
    Thread #4
    Thread #5
    Thread #6
    Thread #7
    Thread #8
    Thread #9
    Thread #10
    Thread #11
    Thread #12
    Thread #13
    Thread #14

Thread #15
    Thread #16
    Thread #17
    Thread #18
    Thread #19
    Thread #20
    Thread #21
    Thread #22
    Thread #23
    Thread #24
    Thread #25

Everyone, please read this post before you post anything else

Search Warrants

dry cleaner warrant - redacted
    LinkedIn warrant 5-5-16
    AT&T Tower warrant 5-5-16
    Search warrant

2. Loading...

3. Sparky

Sparky <b><span style="color:#000099;">Retired WS Staff</

Good Afternoon!

Please read Tricia's message above. Some rules have changed for Missy's thread. Please make sure you thank her post.

Please Remember BB's employment is off limits.

No Minor Children.

Please don't sleuth inmates or refer to the inmates link unless there has been an arrest in this case.

FB and Twitter accounts that are unauthorized aren't allowed and are against TOS.

If you have any questions please pm a mod and we'll be glad to help. Please don't post your question in the thread, as it may get missed.

Remember to Scroll and roll or use your ignore feature if need be.

Please thank this post.

:tyou:

4. observation

observation New Member

I hope this is lucky thread #26 where we get more answers for what happened to MB at the church. Who did this to her and why??
    Continue to believe it's a female SP. MSM said they have more detailed information on SP but LE only released and shared the update on the height.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Jsoeur

Jsoeur New Member

Agreed probably related to this and not MB. Wonder why they would be looking for a prepaid cell submerged for 2 years, though. IF they find the needle in the haystack, a cell phone, what will they get from it? Just curious...

6. JLSChook

JLSChook Fin's Pet

I just noticed on Twitter that there was finally news on the bloody shirt. So GLAD that has finally been put to rest.

Hopefully the pitchforks against RB can be put away for the time being.

7. HEY YOU!

HEY YOU! New Member

Ok, just to update most recent news:

-Blood on RB shirt is DOG BLOOD.

-Turtle Creek search is about a tossed phone in another completely unrelated case. NOTHING TO DO WITH MB.

<modsnip>

We all want to find Missy's killer!

8. RANCH

RANCH Active Member

Human blood wasn’t on shirt taken to cleaners by Missy Bevers’ father-in-law, police say

I hope that this concludes this part of the investigation.

I'm sure that some will wonder why this test wasn't done sooner. I didn't have any reason to question why it took the time it did. Sometimes testing will take awhile before there done. After that, LE may withhold the test results because it's an ongoing investigation. JMO

http://crimeblog.dallasnews.com/201...ather-in-law-not-human-blood-police-say.html/

9. verbonica

verbonica New Member

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...T-gear-18-Apr-2016-25&p=12611611#post12611611

(post was from al66pine)
    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=96102&stc=1

I'm not sure if this post from the end of the last thread will show up here with my copy/paste link, but to answer the question, I think that it is this door (which seems to be identified by others as the outer kitchen door):
    Creekside Church door.png

I think that the wheel is from that trash cart (or laundry cart, or whatever it is). Apparently, the area is a small sort of an ante-room leading to the actual kitchen.

10. kkdj

kkdj Well-Known Member

Hi everybody! i haven't commented until now! Just been reading and taking it all in.....so I'm new to this case. To me.....this case seems to be about getting missy out of the way!

11. gliving

gliving Just the facts, ma'am

Crime scene analysis for dummies. What we know...

By knowing where Missy was when she encountered SP, analysts can look at her injuries and determine all sorts of facts. It's curious that Missy was near the same height as the perp, but had head injuries. So a baseball bat swing with the hammer? Just wondering about that. A bit morbid.

The quick clean up of the church leads me to believe the perp left from the nearest door or there would be blood trace to secure. And gee, wouldn't the dogs have traced that scent? Thoughts? :thinking:

12. dizzychick

dizzychick Active Member

and still nada...depressing

13. 11frogs

11frogs New Member

Just wondering how many cell phone calls could have been made that early in the morning out of Midlothian or into Midlothian? Hope LE is looking at all calls pinging within Texas that originated in Midlothian. Maybe 2 to 4 hours outside of Midlothian. Say from 2:00am to 2pm. In the general direction east to southeast. I also wonder can a cell phone tower record show if your phone is in air plane mode?

Did is anyone notice that inside Altima it looks like a cell phone on in a carrier or a GPS?

14. Nancee Drue

Nancee Drue New Member

Just wondering, was the SP costume difficult to move in? Would it have been stiff, or tight, and/or confining? There were several items he/she was wearing. If the costume was confining would it be difficult to attack another person, or run away?

Some people think there might have been two people at the church, that morning. Maybe..the SP dressed in the police costume was just walking around and showing off, for the camera, while an accomplice committed the murder.

I am just wondering of course, and this idea/thought is not factual....it's my opinion.

15. Eloise

Eloise Active Member

I totally agree but I have a bad case of FOMO with this case which keeps me coming back for more even though it's the same thing over and over. I guess as time goes on if nothing happens the threads will naturally slow down.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

16. HEY YOU!

HEY YOU! New Member

Good morning sleuthers! I've been thinking about the Swatperp's clothing. If they ordered it specifically for this crime, it would be relatively easy to find out if anyone connected to Missy had ordered any of the clothing items worn by the perp if done via mail. But the perp was so careful, which leads me to believe they had access to these items already. Someone who was being super careful would not leave a trail. Was it a Halloween costume that was previously used by perp or member of perp family?? Are they current or former LE? Does anyone know if the perp vest is an actual official POLICE vest? Or is it an item used for a costume?

When it comes to dumping the perp clothing, I would think perp would be as careful as they were when covering themselves for the crime. The perp clothing has both Missy's and perp DNA and would obviously link the perp to the crime. Where would a super careful and stealthy perp dispose of the evidence that would put him/her on death row if found?

My first thought would be a dumpster in a location not near the crime scene or the perp's home. Perhaps a dumpster in the perp's job? They would know the schedule and could dump the evidence right before the dumpster was picked up.
    My second thought is that perp would keep the outfit for a long time until the heat was off. If perp was super careful with everything else, he would not leave anyone finding evidence that ties them to the crime anywhere to be found.
    Does perp still have the outfit? Or did perp lay out plastic sheeting in the car they used, pull over after driving a while, strip down and wrap everything in the sheeting and dump in random dumpster off the beaten path away from the crime? I think perp planned extremely well. So where is the swatperp outfit?

17. cady

cady Active Member

Swatperp outfit is not likely to be in the evidence room. JMO

18. Elley Mae

Elley Mae The enemy is here. beware

I am still not seeing that there was a large amount of blood or blood trailed out the building. IIRC the church/crime scene was released around noon, that tells me there was not much of a clean up. I do believe that the tool/s left behind is the murder weapon. As far as the outfit the suspect is wearing the vest w/police would have to go but lots of folks have helmets and knee pads, lots of guys wear 511/tactical pants with side pockets on the outside of the legs. IDK but if this was a burglary gone wrong I don't think they will catch them. If this was a target seems there would have been an arrest by now. jmo

19. ktrca

ktrca New Member

Just throwing this out to open discussion. http://www.aliexpress.com/item/SWAT..._2&btsid=9cca859b-95e2-466f-83c5-87b690e5ca2d
    if you go to orders for this item, you will see one purchased for delivery to the USA on March 29, the reason I bring this up, is not how easily the item was found but how easy it was for us to see where it was delivered. I am pretty sure the FBI is scouring all the sales for the last year, this may in fact be the biggest clue to lead them to the killer. The online purchase of gear.

That is........... if perp isn't actually current or former LE, which at this point anything is possible.

20. BigCityAccountant

BigCityAccountant New Member

Hoping they got DNA back from the crime scene and an arrest is coming soon!!! RIP Missy! :rose:

What burns me and I'm sure it burns LE, is the SP walks around the church knowing there is video surveillance and commits this horrible crime!! Almost a "catch me if you can" attitude. That's a challenge to LE~~and IMHO, LE will take that challenge and SP will be caught! It might take LE awhile, but I am confident SP will be arrested and justice will be served for Missy!

It will take only one person who sells this swat gear online to check their records and see if anything was shipped to TX and the name and address of all of those people who purchased those items in TX to report it to LE. SP is NOT that cleaver!! There is always a trail, whether SP purchased online or purchased it in person! IMHO, that will be SP's downfall and I'm looking forward to the day LE can make the announcement that SP will be arrested and justice will be served for BB, his two beautiful girls, and their entire family!!!!!

21. BigCityAccountant

BigCityAccountant New Member

LOL ktrca~~~we were both thinking the same thing at the same time!!! Yes, I do agree!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.