FL - Mass Shooting at Pulse Nightclub, Orlando 12 June 2016 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was born in America and she is second or third generation American. So they do not need to blend in. They already are American.

At the same time I do not know of any marriage license inspectors making sure that people are actually married, I see no reason for a sham marriage, I have been married for over ten years and have not shown my license to anyone during that period of time, not like they are displayed in such a manor as a Dr., Lawyer, Cosmetologist would.

I was married for over 20 years, in Florida. When I had to renew my drivers license about 5 years ago, the laws had changed and I had to "prove" who I was - down to first marriage license, copy of final dissolution of THAT marriage, and this (2nd) marriage license. It took me 2 days of running around to courthouses and such retrieving these copies in order to renew my DL.

And, along with that - if she did get her driver's license she would have had to present that marriage license - or just gotten the DL in her maiden name and just show that ID.

JMHO

The shooter actually had a Sig Sauer MCX according to reports. Not sure if it is semi-automatic, automatic, an assault rifle or whatever else, but it sure does fire plenty quick.

[video]https://youtu.be/zmyluo3aT0Y?t=6m11s[/video]

I'm not exactly a pro at posting here, but if that doesn't start at around 6:10, please fast forward until you get there. It's a very long video and that is the exact spot where the demonstrator starts shooting quickly.

ETA - CARIIS beat me to it with the commercial, but this video builds off of that and really shows the gun in action.

I've seen this story as well, and it seems to me what is implied is that the Pulse shooting is the most deadly shooting by a single civilian gunman in US history. Perhaps having to put "Pulse Shooting Most Deadly Mass Shooting Perpetrated by a Lone, Civilian Gunman in History of US" each time might possibly take up the entire screen with all the exactness included. Of course other shootings perpetrated by the military and the government hundreds of years ago against Native Americans would have been way worse because of the idea of Manifest Destiny etc, but they were not by a single gunman so it's a different situation.

I think you are 100% correct, and my money is on The Daily Fail or TMZ.

Speaking of TMZ.. nevermind, because I don't think it's allowed to link so I'll wait until it's reported on a mainstream media site.

The Sig is a semi-automatic and it doesn't differ much the that much from an AR-15. A military grade Sig is being designed for the Army Special Forces. The civilian design cannot have a collapsible stock, nor other features, that the ones designed for military use have, and military designs are fully automatic and can shoot around 1,000 rounds per minute. The Sig and the AR-15 look similar and are both lethal, obviously, but I think the media and others use the term AR-15 b/c it's such a popular weapon of this type. They look similar. They fire similar rpm (up to 60 for the AR-15) and lightweight and accurate. The pistol he had was a semi-automatic. A fully automatic firearm is not so easy to come by, from my understanding. I've not seen one up close and personal anyway.

I think the term "terrorist" has gotten way overused. Its big business, billions and billions. If the exact same event happened before 9/11 mental health would be the headline here imo.

Internalized homophobia and mental issues go hand in hand.

As we have all learned the intensely radicalized martyr themselves.

If we go back in the context of the past mass shootings and take a look at the primary motivator / influences we find different patterns as it relates to causation and outcome as it relates to terrorism in the "pure" form .

We find that James Holmes who was profoundly mental ill did not kill himself.

Same for Roger Elliot, a very ill young man , did not kill himself.

The guy who did the congress woman, very very sick, did not kill himself.

The church guy did not kill himself.

Luka did not kill himself.

Planned parent guy.

All of these were very mentally ill individuals compare that to the authentic terrorist we find totally the opposite pattern - martyrdom.

Certainly there is not one "entity" in any of these.

All I am saying is this event seems to have less to do with "terror", in the traditionial sense, than the media seems to want to acknowledge.

“He felt his family was wealthy and that he was superior and had to be catered to,” she told The News.
“He would say to other kids, ‘You’re poor, you don’t have anything.’ He was mean-spirited. On the playground he would take things first. He would grab someone’s ball from them, things like that.
“He struggled with reading and with other subjects. I think this was his way of deflecting his own insecurities.”

SNIPPED

“The father, he was a pig. He always felt like he was the victim,” she said. “He was never mean to me because he knew I had his son’s best interest in mind. But he was disrespectful to women at large. He just felt women were not to be valued,” she said.
“He was in denial about his son even then. He would say, ‘Oh Omar, he does nothing wrong’.”
The former teacher’s words echoed comments made by Seddique Mateen in the wake of his son’s attack on the Pulse nightclub, which left 50 dead, including Mateen, and 53 others injured.
Mr Mateen snr blamed the massacre — the worst mass shooting in US history — on the club’s poor security rather than the actions of his son, whom he has described as “a good boy”.

http://www.news.com.au/world/north-...l/news-story/4761f739a232ec2abfdbcf2f469f5d62

WOW! The total lack of respect!! Kids aren't born hating. They are taught. Their brains are sponges, absorbing all around them. Their brains are forming, and their personalities are forming. You fill that brain with trash, then trash is what it knows. Yes this family needs a deep investigation that should have happened decades ago when the warning signs were everywhere. Outrageous that a 10yr old wanted to shoot classmates at his school! That is NOT normal thinking! It's what he has been fed and allowed to nurture and grow. Terrible!

At the same time I do not know of any marriage license inspectors making sure that people are actually married, I see no reason for a sham marriage, I have been married for over ten years and have not shown my license to anyone during that period of time, not like they are displayed in such a manor as a Dr., Lawyer, Cosmetologist would.

I've shown mine to the mortgage company, the social security administration and the department of motor vehicles. I remember because I had to send off for a duplicate twice because the darn thing kept getting lost in my husband's stack of "very important stuff". We're they buying their condo? I think I read that. MOO

I was married for over 20 years, in Florida. When I had to renew my drivers license about 5 years ago, the laws had changed and I had to "prove" who I was - down to first marriage license, copy of final dissolution of THAT marriage, and this (2nd) marriage license. It took me 2 days of running around to courthouses and such retrieving these copies in order to renew my DL.

And, along with that - if she did get her driver's license she would have had to present that marriage license - or just gotten the DL in her maiden name and just show that ID.

JMHO

I understand legalities with DMV, government agencies, just saying I think I would find it odd if I visited someones home and they had it on display.

totally o/t can alligators just stay underwater for hours and haour and hours

According to staff members, numerous attempts by the school to intervene failed because of the “enabling” nature of Mateen’s father, Seddique Mateen, who was considered to be the source of his attitude towards women and girls.
SNIPPED
Katherine Zurich, 62, who taught Mateen in the fourth and fifth grade, said she tried to reach out to him but found his attitudes too deeply entrenched to penetrate.
“He felt that women were beneath him,” Ms Zurich said.
“He was taught to disrespect them. His mum, his sisters were afraid of him. They had to be subservient to him because he was the son. They treated him like the father, with respect.”
Ms Zurich said Mateen would boast about how rich his family was, yet delight in taking things from other children.
http://www.news.com.au/world/north-...l/news-story/4761f739a232ec2abfdbcf2f469f5d62

This man in charge business to me is a huge problem and the cause of many issues around the world. America is still working on this. Think of the popularity of the Duggar show and the Quiverful movement.

And woman accept this. From the descriptions, it does not seem his wife would be considered an equal partner. Do women in these kind of relationships simply abide by what the man says no matter how ludicrous?

Actually all the activity emerging - checking his FB, calling everyone reeks of patholgical narcissim rather this authentic terrorist! The intense ones blow themselves up for the cause

moo

Per CNN-killer not only called 911, tv producer but he also called a friend. No details on that call. Yet.

Two completely different thoughts.

Not sure if this has been posted.
http://www.abc10.com/news/local/sac...ist-pastor-praises-orlando-massacre/243211965

Secondly about the wife.

Sources tell ABC that the Feds got Noor Mateen to talk only after showing her they had video of her and her husband driving to several Orlando sites.

http://abc7chicago.com/news/wife-of-orlando-shooting-suspect-once-lived-in-chicago-suburbs/1385049/

This is getting pretty bizarre! You mean to tell me they were under surveillance!

I did not take it that they were under surveillance but that they were learning and piecing together his (and her) steps leading up to this.

The only think I can say about first link is that it's abhorrent.

JMHO

Interesting I have been married 43 years, I think. I have never had to show a marriage license in the US for any reason.

I did not take it that they were under surveillance but that they were learning and piecing together his (and her) steps leading up to this.

The only think I can say about first link is that it's abhorrent.

I was being a little facetious BUT how would the FBI have video to show her of their trips to different Orlando spots, even when they have a closenit time frame it is difficult to weed through video, here we are talking about the past month so to speak, impossible to come up with that quickly IMO

Ok - here:

http://www.dmvflorida.org/renew.shtml

Renew by Mail
If you are eligible to renew by mail, you will receive in the mail approximately 45 days before your birthday a renewal application.

Expired Licnese
If you renew your drivers license after the expiration date (your license is expired) then you are required to pay a deliquent fee of $15.

Licenses that have been Expired for over 1 Year cannot be renewed Online or by Mail. You must renew your license at a drivers license office and should make an appointment. Bring your required identification documents. The fee is $15. You will have to take a vision test and if the examiner feels you need re-testing you will need to re-take a written and/or driving test.

per the BBM link in the above:

http://www.dmvflorida.org/drivers-license-identification.shtml

US Citizens

Florida law requires identification, proof of date of birth, proof of residential address, and proof of social security number (if issued, Chapter 322, Florida Statutes, requires the Department see proof of social security number for the issuance of driver license and identification cards) from all customers before a driver license or identification card can be issued.

The name assigned to the social security number must match the name that will appear on the Florida driver license or identification card. If you have recently changed your name, update your records with the Social Security Administration before you apply for your license or identification card.

Each U.S. citizen renewing or applying for a new driver license or identification card in person after January 1, 2010 must submit:

Primary Identification

An Original or Certified of One of the Following Primary Identication Documents
Certified United States birth certificate, including territories and District of Columbia
Valid United States Passport or Passport Card
Consular Report of Birth Abroad
Certificate of Naturalization, Form N-550 or Form N-570
Certificate of Citizenship, Form N-560 or Form N-561

Note: When necessary, marriage certificates, court orders, or divorce decrees must be provided to tie the name on the primary identification to the name the customer would like to place on the driver license or identification card.

At the time I had to do this - I was going BACK to my Florida license as I had lived in North Carolina for a few years. I thought it was very odd that I had to prove who I was because I was married but men who are married don't have to show anything but SSN (card). Its all about the name - if you change your name - you have to PROVE it.

JMHO

JMHO
That happened to me in another state and I was told it was due to the Homeland Security Act. I had to have documents to proof every time my name changed.

Interestiing

Drew Griffin imo good. Interview with the father. We all have this image that dad is some "polical figure" over there.

On two occasions Drew stated

re father "He, at least in his own mind" feels as if he a political figure over there. THen Drew got it in as he posts some videos on line.

Basicaaly, makes me really wonder if dad is far less "big shot" over there.. ANyone can post some You Tube videos - it would be neat to see his webiste, be funny if he had 324 views on a post from 2014!!!

This man in charge business to me is a huge problem and the cause of many issues around the world. America is still working on this. Think of the popularity of the Duggar show and the Quiverful movement.

And woman accept this. From the descriptions, it does not seem his wife would be considered an equal partner. Do women in these kind of relationships simply abide by what the man says no matter how ludicrous?

Although, maybe not as extreme as this, there are many branches of Christian faith, like the Duggars, and the families on Sister Wives, fundamentalist Mormons, for example, who do live in very patriarchal families. It is how one is raised. A teacher once explained it like this, to our class, about other countries not enjoying the freedoms we do, and going on about their daily lives, w/o longing for what we have, How can you long for ice cream, if you've never even tasted ice cream? You can only think you'd maybe like to try it but you don't even know if you'd like it.

Interesting I have been married 43 years, I think. I have never had to show a marriage license in the US for any reason.

Really? Not even to vote? Or to write a check? I don't have to show one in my tiny little neck of the woods for a check, but I do to vote.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname