MISTRIAL - Sidney Moorer on trial for the kidnapping of Heather Elvis #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok. Hope this works better.

Basically I filmed a drive by Longbeards and down to the apartments where Heather's phone turned around. Please disregard my nasty car, missing rearview mirror, poor videography skills, and the southern accent. [emoji53]

https://youtu.be/v1A3i1Wbx_g

So at 6:00 on the video, were you referring to Augusta Plantation Drive, where she turned around, as per testimony?

Basically I filmed a drive by Longbeards and down to the apartments where Heather's phone turned around. Please disregard my nasty car, missing rearview mirror, poor videography skills, and the southern accent. [emoji53]

LOVE the southern accent! Very southern, I might add. Thank you for doing this video. I confess I was worried about you driving and filming at the same time (I may have even stepped on an imaginary brake in front of me once or twice when SUVs were pulling in front of you). Very interesting and it helps to get a feel for the area for those of us not local. :applause:

I was looking at the earliest maps and the McDonalds receipt on the afternoon of the 17th was very near Longbeards.
Was there a reason for Heather moving around in that area? Out of the eyes of the MRS?

Its also interesting seeing where the Indecent Assault charge locations were. Were the times of these charges recorded?
Sex/Indecent exposure arrest warrant was for 'between the dates of December 17th and December 18th, 2013', no time listed

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

BBM- (I hope, haven't done that before)- Some of the other things might have been things that were rumored early on or seen in various reports or social media posts. Longbeards was a complete surprise and it's quite interesting to me because only the people investigating and the people involved would know about LB (ex. Not in any released police reports, not presented at pretrial, restaurant was closed at that hour as far as we all know). It was a well kept secret, and I feel like it was kept secret for a reason (I don't know that reason though).

For me, Longbeards was a large part of the puzzle and timeline and as you say it was kept from the public extremely well.
Which is why I am surprised NL hardly used this part of the timeline in her closing, or really in her cross of the witness bringing the information in.
IIRC Truslow made it known to the court that that expert witness was employed by the State quite late in the investigation. Was it late 2014?

I dunno if NL felt she was already married to the very early LE press releases that they believed Heather drove to PTL that morning, so didn't want to concentrate on Longbeards in the timeline for her closing.

So at 6:00 on the video, were you referring to Augusta Plantation Drive, where she turned around, as per testimony?

I was just pointing out that Augusta Plantation was directly across from the Seaside Grove apartments and in the general vicinity of where she turned around. The address mentioned specifically in court testimony though was the address of Seaside Grove Apartments.

I was just pointing out that Augusta Plantation was directly across from the Seaside Grove apartments and in the general vicinity of where she turned around. The address mentioned specifically in court testimony though was the address of Seaside Grove Apartments.

Ok, thanks, I remembered she went to some sort of residential area but didn't recall the name of the apts, just remembered the Augusta Plantation reference. Thank you for doing the video.

:blowkiss:

Your videography skills were perfect and your accent lovely. Thank you so much for taking the time to do this. It really makes it much clearer and more visual, and gives a good idea of how long the drives seemed, and how desolate the immediate area at LB is. I wouldn't want to go there myself late at night, that's for sure. But, when I was young...

Stop right there Cujenn81...nothing wrong with a southern accent. Its beautiful, fun and sexxy.
I never had a problem with me accent during my travels, got me tons of attention. For the most part I got good attention and some not so good attention from a few creepers. All in all, I'm proud to be southern, y'all. Lol
[emoji111]🏻️[emoji41]
Thank you for taking the time taking/posting your video. [emoji471]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Basically I filmed a drive by Longbeards and down to the apartments where Heather's phone turned around. Please disregard my nasty car, missing rearview mirror, poor videography skills, and the southern accent. [emoji53

Thank you for our tour! I appreciate the time and effort you took to give us an onsight visual. :tyou:

Thanks for the kind words, guys! I just knew y'all would be cringing and feared you might all have flashbacks of hearing "now, if you don't mind" 25,000 times.

So I just went back and viewed the 6 minute mark you referred to in your question, and I completely misunderstood what you were asking earlier. Sorry about that.

When I said "you could turn around here, I guess... something plantation I think" I was kind of just talking out loud to myself and trying to think of the name of the neighborhood I was passing at that moment. It turned out to be Waterway Palms Plantation. But a few seconds before that, I pointed out that The Bluffs was the last place to turn around before you reached Seaside Grove, which I discovered was incorrect when I passed Waterway Palms. So, I said something like, "well I guess you could turn around here... something plantation, I think."

Sorry for the confusion. And I hope that clarification made some kind of sense. Augusta Plantation is the name of the road where Seaside Grove Apartments is located.

All these dang "plantations" and it's easy to see how one might get confused. Sheesh!

I believe that SM and TM had the night all planned out and Longbeards was the place it was originally going to happen once HE was lured there. Something messed up the plan. HE was waiting at Longbeards and SM did not show up. Maybe he got spooked, or cold feet, or a conscience, as unlikely as that seems. For whatever reason, the plan at Longbeards did not happen and he went home. HE, not understanding why he didn't show, frantically tried to get him on the phone. She had no idea she was calling a pay phone. She returns to her apartment and in a last ditch effort, calls his cell. The first time SM doesn't answer. HE calls again. TM or SM turned his cell phone back on around 3am knowing that would be the only way for HE to contact them. This was the mistake that got them caught. They were so careful to use a payphone so their phones would not be connected to HE on the night she disappears, but HE calls the cell. The plan should have been called off at that point, but my guess is that TM could not let it go and wait until a better time. TM was probably full of rage at this point because it had not happened at Longbeards and told SM it had to happen that night. The plan is now back on but the place has now changed to PTL.
With all respect, the timeline doesn't accommodate what i bolded.

I wish I had time to really zone in on this part of the timeline - phone records witness and the movement of Heather's cell is crucial to the case imo. The switching on off Sid's cell at this time. Heather's cell briefly pausing when leaving Longbeards.
Unfortunately, I dont have time to really consolidate this information and the timeline, but you would have thought the DA would have been all over this in the lead up to the trial.

Cujenn81, fantastic boots on the ground reporting!! Thank you.

I am thinking when SM called HE from the payphone and told her whatever he did (supposedly he was leaving TM to be with her) he probably told her meet me in an hour at Longbeards .. she left an hour after the payphone call .. then called the payphone back after reaching Longbeards, probably to let him know she was there, to see where he was, etc .. but she didn't know it was a payphone, assumed it was SM's new phone number .. I just don't understand why she left, got a ways down the street, then turns to go back .. maybe she thought he would eventually meet up if she kept calling?? I really wish she had just gone home after that and stayed put :(

I really think they crossed paths in their vehicles when Heather left Longbeards after being there 15 minutes. She turned into Augusta Plantation as it was the first best place to turn her vehicle around and back to Longbeards.

IMO When she got back to Longbeards, she was abducted and taken in a car unknown to us.
(Remember the 4 young guys (1 of them is related to the Caison/Moorers) saying they were 'ready' for action or whatever it was. Wish I had that pic right now as it is so important to the investigation imo.

So I just went back and viewed the 6 minute mark you referred to in your question, and I completely misunderstood what you were asking earlier. Sorry about that.

When I said "you could turn around here, I guess... something plantation I think" I was kind of just talking out loud to myself and trying to think of the name of the neighborhood I was passing at that moment. It turned out to be Waterway Palms Plantation. But a few seconds before that, I pointed out that The Bluffs was the last place to turn around before you reached Seaside Grove, which I discovered was incorrect when I passed Waterway Palms. So, I said something like, "well I guess you could turn around here... something plantation, I think."

Sorry for the confusion. And I hope that clarification made some kind of sense. Augusta Plantation is the name of the road where Seaside Grove Apartments is located.

All these dang "plantations" and it's easy to see how one might get confused. Sheesh!

Hey, you're a good soldier for even driving the trenches for those of us who have absolutely no idea where anything is in that area. :loveyou:

Thanks, I get it now...I didn't connect the two because I somehow missed that she was at a development with a name, and had only caught the road name.

Like all the geography wasn't confusing enough without Longbeard's coming into the picture. :eek:

A couple of things stand out to me...
1) Per the expert witness testimony, Heather's phone had NEVER before pinged at PTL ???
2) Those calls to a NJ phone # from SM's phone??? (Noting that the phone may have been that of a local - so many transplants in the area)

I really wish SM and TM would have been tried together.

I'm pretty sure this was the 15 year old that Tammy was claiming was her boyfriend. I would expect to see him at Tammy's trial.

The problems of taking both accused to trial in the one case :(

That pay phone conversation has more content than we know about, and perhaps that BW knows about. Seriously, if HE reported to BW that SM had asked specifically in the pay phone call to see her that morning, and had given her a meeting place, it would have served the state's lure claim to have that brought up in testimony.

BW's testimony was largely about who HE was, their friendship, HE's lifestyle and family conflicts, her residence transitions, and her affair dynamics and escalations with the SM/TM triangle. The testimony about the critical phone call was minimal and provided little insight into the evolution of the call, why SM decided to announce his wife-leaving at that hour, and how he and HE ended the call and where they left things. I find this rather remarkable.

Agree.

I feel that Heather was very guarded in what exactly she told Bri that call. :(

At the very least, we can take from this that Bri was 100% truthful in her testimony.
If she wanted to embellish her account of the phone call to Heather, painting even more guilt onto the Caisons/Moorers, she could have easily done so. She didn't.
Her testimony was very believable.

and if you notice in cujenn81's video, River Oak is a long road and there are no street lights on either side except near where the subdivisions are, so imagine late at night how dark that drive would be and there is usually not that much traffic... (I lived at Seaside Grove Apartments when Heather went missing).

Sex/Indecent exposure arrest warrant was for 'between the dates of December 17th and December 18th, 2013', no time listed

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
Le have to have the time of the incident though? Surely?

I was looking at the earliest maps and the McDonalds receipt on the afternoon of the 17th was very near Longbeards.
Was there a reason for Heather moving around in that area? Out of the eyes of the MRS?

Its also interesting seeing where the Indecent Assault charge locations were. Were the times of these charges recorded?
Bringing this forward. Anyone?

Great video CUJenn. Thank you.

And I too love your accent.!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads