MISTRIAL - Sidney Moorer on trial for the kidnapping of Heather Elvis #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been around the block on this and am back to thinking Heather drove herself to PTL.

BBM - agree - I think she did drive herself to PTL. For the most part I am convinced of this because of the evidence that was presented at trial. While the time surrounding the restaurant was lengthier, there was no evidence to support a connection to any person interacting with her there. Additionally, I think you have to divide that time with the back and forth to the location and then finally going back to the apartment. I could see the car not being left at LongBeards, but why would someone not leave the car at the apartment when it was driven back there?

Did SM have access to the Long beard's? He was working at the Tilted Kilt and most likely had keys to get into the work area. I just know that contractors have keys to let them in if they are working at a job site. My DH company has the Tilted Kilt contract on the Gulf area. Maybe he got rid of evidence at the site, the dumpster, a place inside to burn stuff? Just read that in the Morgan Martin case the suspect went in to the KFC and burned stuff inside that place. So maybe that is why he went there.

Did SM have access to the Long beard's? He was working at the Tilted Kilt and most likely had keys to get into the work area. I just know that contractors have keys to let them in if they are working at a job site. My DH company has the Tilted Kilt contract on the Gulf area. Maybe he got rid of evidence at the site, the dumpster, a place inside to burn stuff? Just read that in the Morgan Martin case the suspect went in to the KFC and burned stuff inside that place. So maybe that is why he went there.

If you're referring to SM going to LBs, there isn't any evidence that places his vehicle or phone at LBs.

If you're referring to SM going to LBs, there isn't any evidence that places his vehicle or phone at LBs.

IIRC from the trial- is there location information for SM that I may have missed? His truck- no. As for his phone- may have missed it. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If I abducted or killed someone, I sure wouldn't hop in their car and head towards the direction of my house with it. What purpose would that serve??

Would you tell them to meet you close to your house and kidnap and kill them there, then leave their car sitting there to be found by police?

“The fact that it’s been dismissed without prejudice means that it could come back up at any time in the future,” Richardson said of the murder charges.

If new evidence is found, the charges could come back for the Moorers, and Richardson didn’t want to move forward on the murder charges now for fear of double jeopardy if new evidence surfaces later, he said.

“They’ve screwed me once. Why wouldn’t they do it again,” Sidney Moorer said. “I mean they’ve got the perfect opportunity to do it again for the rest of my life. But this is the problem they’ll run into: we didn’t commit the crime. Therefore, they will never, ever find any legitimate evidence that we did this.”

http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/news/local/crime/article74727932.html

The above is snipped from a April 30th news article, talking about the dismissed murder charges.
Sid is so very confident they will "never, ever find any LEGITIMATE evidence that we did this". What makes him so confident?

The above is snipped from a April 30th news article, talking about the dismissed murder charges.
Sid is so very confident they will "never, ever find any LEGITIMATE evidence that we did this". What makes him so confident?

I think because of the lack of physical evidence and then whatever they did with her body, he can likely be certain he's home free, at least as far as any further evidence being found. Even the police said early on that they might never find her, or something to that effect. Whatever location she's in, they seem to have successfully carried out the disposal part of the crime.

IIRC from the trial- is there location information for SM that I may have missed? His truck- no. As for his phone- may have missed it. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This is posted on the timeline thread, I think this is all we have about his phone - no specific locations were discussed during December 17th/18th, it was probably off during the longbeards duration.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=12677273

Timelines *No Discussion Thread*

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Maybe somebody else close to them did it?

Sounds like he's confident they won't find her body and he might believe without a body there's no proof of a murder and thus no conviction. He might be right: there are people who would never convict unless there was a body, or at least forensic evidence showing a lot of blood to prove the victim was dead and forensic evidence like DNA linking perp and victim together. They might expect a crime should be solved in 42 minutes, minus commercials, just like they do on that there teeveee box.

On Dec 18th at 1:13:55am, while SM is inside Walmart, SM's cell phone is turned off. This was on the call log presented at trial as well as mentioned in this thread, page 48.

The cell phone stays off until it's turned back on around 3am-ish, and SM's cell phone and Heather's cell phone are connected via a nearly 5 minute call at 3:14am. SM admitted to police he was speaking to Heather on that call. Heather was supposedly at or near her apartment when she made this call to SM. SM's cell was supposedly at or near his home when this call was answered.

There was no location information for SM's phone that early morning that put his phone (or his truck) at Long Beards. It could be because he was never there or because the phone was not turned on if he was there.

Was SM's phone on at all the night of December 17th, or the early morning hours of December 18th prior to 1:13:55AM?

Was SM's phone on at all the night of December 17th, or the early morning hours of December 18th prior to 1:13:55AM?

For SM's phone to have been turned off at 1:13am, it must have been on. How long it had been on ... don't know. Check the timeline thread and/or the phone call thread to see if the info is there.

Something to note though: however long SM's phone was on during Dec 17 and up to the first time Heather calls his cell phone Dec 18, there were no calls from Heather to SM at any time. And no calls or txts from Heather to SM in the few weeks he was out of town.

Would you tell them to meet you close to your house and kidnap and kill them there, then leave their car sitting there to be found by police?

Nope, If I had any control over the situation, PTL would not be in the picture period.

We were not told that information.
I posted what we were told at the trial on the timeline. There was activity from 1:09 to 1:13. Turned on around 3:02. Powering off is not captured.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

BBM - agree - I think she did drive herself to PTL. For the most part I am convinced of this because of the evidence that was presented at trial. While the time surrounding the restaurant was lengthier, there was no evidence to support a connection to any person interacting with her there. Additionally, I think you have to divide that time with the back and forth to the location and then finally going back to the apartment. I could see the car not being left at LongBeards, but why would someone not leave the car at the apartment when it was driven back there?

I would think moving the car from the LB parking lot to any location would be too big of a risk for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname