MN - Philando Castile, 32, shot by police officer, 6 July 2016 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was stopped 52 times, and I've been stopped maybe 4 (all for speeding or rolling through a stop sign, deserved every stop). 52 times. For what? What did he do FIFTY TWO TIMES to get stopped over and over?

I already know the answer...
giphy.gif

1. Violate instr permit – dismissed
2. No proof of insurance – guilty
3. Basic speed – guilty
4. Driving after suspension – dismissed
5. No proof of insurance – guilty
6. No seat belt use – dismissed
7. No proof of insurance – guilty
8. Impede traffic – dismissed
9. No Minnesota driver’s license – amended charge guilty
10. Driving after suspension of driver’s license – Convicted
11. No proof of insurance – dismissed
12. No proof of insurance – convicted
13. Driving after revocation – Dismissed
15. Driving after suspension – Dismissed
16. No proof of insurance – guilty
17. Speeding – dismissed
18. Driver’s license – failure to obtain new – dismissed
19. Muffler required – dismissed
20. Driving after revocation – guilty
21. Operation of motor vehicle after loss of license prohibited – dismissed
22. Dangerous public road/water – convicted
23. Driving after revocation – convicted
24. No proof of insurance – dismissed
25. Driving after revocation – convicted
26. Seat belt violation – dismissed
27. Driving after revocation – convicted
28. Proof on insurance – Dismissed
29. Driving after revocation – convicted
30. Driving after revocation – convicted
31. Driving after revocation – convicted
32. Seat belt required – convicted
33. Seat belt required – convicted
34. Driving after revocation – convicted
35. Driving after revocation – convicted
36. Driving after revocation – convicted
37. Driving after revocation – convicted
38. Driving after revocation – convicted
39. Driving after revocation – convicted
40. Stop/stand/park vehicle at any place where official signs prohibit stopping – convicted
41. Expired registration – dismissed
42. Snow emergency parking restrictions – convicted
43. Stop/stand/park vehicle on any street/ally, at the same location, for more than 48 consecutive hours – convicted
44. Abandon motor vehicle on any public/private property without consent – convicted
45. Stop/stand/park vehicle on any street/ally, at the same location, for more than 48 consecutive hours – convicted
46. Driving after suspension – guilty

In Hennepin County, Castile had these violations:

47. Driving after revocation – convicted
48. Display altered/fictitious insurance card – dismissed
49. Driving after revocation – convicted
50. Seat belt required – dismissed
51. Uninsured vehicle – convicted
52. Driving after revocation – dismissed
53. Seat belt required – dismissed
54. Impromper display original plate – convicted
55. Seat belt required – convicted

http://heavy.com/news/2016/07/phila...ook-live-video-watch-lavish-reynolds-diamond/

For the record.

All those "no proof of insurance" stops. What was the STOPPED FOR because there's no way to know he has no proof insurance unless he's already stopped. That goes for anything related to his driver's license as well. Unless they're randomly running plates? "Randomly" LOL

BTW, using traffic offenses as a means to fund police departments needs to stop asap, but that's a whole other ball of wax. Those violations disproportionately target minority and poor neighborhoods.

1. I know people who were at the march in the Cities. They said white anarchists were doing the firecrackers, throwing bottles. I can only report what they said. Maybe there will be some more revelation on that.

2. neing stopped all those times indicate that he must be on a list. I know in the city where I,lived in MN, police had a puke list. They would stop people who were no threat and probably had a violation they could write a ticket for. This was told to me by an LE. I was discussing this with an LE at a social situation . I was appalled. Clever though. Safe stops,that generate cash

1. yea I'll bet all those white anarchists also made such a mess on the freeway that it took a snowplow to clean it up...

2. There's an easy way out of being on a puke list...have a valid license, don't break the law to begin with so they have a way to generate that cash...

All those "no proof of insurance" stops. What was the STOPPED FOR because there's no way to know he has no proof insurance unless he's already stopped. That goes for anything related to his driver's license as well. Unless they're randomly running plates? "Randomly" LOL

Usually those charges are added on after the initial stop. Say he was stopped for a seat belt violation, then was found to have a suspended license and no proof of insurance. Revenue stops most of them, IMO.

Quotas are not set by the cop on the beat.

1. yea I'll bet all those white anarchists also made such a mess on the freeway that it took a snowplow to clean it up...

2. There's an easy way out of being on a puke list...have a valid license, don't break the law to begin with so they have a way to generate that cash...

Here is one that I did not know got someone a careless driving ticket. Driving to the right of the white line on a road.

I love some of his other ones. Snow emergency parking violation---- convicted. In the city where I lived, it was alternate side parking. If you live outside of the city like I did, I had no idea what week or day it was and which side. I would look at other cars but sometimes they were parked on both sides.

I had friends who lived in a poor neighborhood. We had to be ultra careful to not screw up in any way. In the well to do neighborhoods, you can park any which way and you never even see the police. I bet that is true all over.

Ask the guys at your next town/city council meeting who sets quotas. Then you'll see some denial.

He was stopped 52 times, and I've been stopped maybe 4 (all for speeding or rolling through a stop sign, deserved every stop). 52 times. For what? What did he do FIFTY TWO TIMES to get stopped over and over?

I already know the answer...
giphy.gif
My best guess is that the city he was driving in uses license plate scanners in their police cruisers. They can match up a plate with the owner of the vehicle. My understanding of how they work is that the computer scans license plates around the police cruiser and picks up on any questionable ones. In this case possibly a car that is owned by a driver that doesn't have a license or insurance.

My understanding is that the license plate scanners do not randomly scan, they scan all vehicles around the cruiser.

or indicate he has no respect for the law, I am not going to play a numbers game but were there not at least twenty convictions for driving on a revoked license?

I drove on a suspended license for years when I was young and dumb.
I was arrested during a traffic stop, as this young man was, taken to jail, bonded out, and it took a long time and a lot of money to get my license back. Mine was suspended due to an expired tag several years before. $30 ticket turned into almost $2,000.
I'm still alive, though.
It sucked, it was scary, it was my fault.
But, I'm alive.
He isn't.
None of this makes him a bad person who should have died like this.
IMO

I was arrested during a traffic stop, as this young man was, taken to jail, bonded out, and it took a long time and a lot of money to get my license back. Mine was suspended due to an expired tag several years before. $30 ticket turned into almost $2,000.
I'm still alive, though.
But, I'm alive.
He isn't.
IMO

According to his GF, he moved after the police told him not to. He'd be alive if he'd listened to the police.

I'm still alive, though.
But, I'm alive.
He isn't.
IMO

I do not think anyone is insinuating because he got x amount of tickets = good riddance. However there is probably much more to this than what we have seen in the aftermath video. I know they did not have body cameras, just hoping there is adequate dash cam video. Her video as painful as it might be, does nothing to show what led
up to that point which is crucial.

According to his GF, he moved after the police told him not to. He'd be alive if he'd listened to the police.

I haven't seen that statement from his girlfriend, is there a link yet? And we don't know if he listened to them or not.
I'm thinking that, after all of those "terrible, criminal" traffic stops, he wasn't ABOUT to reach for his gun, and knew the drill when you get pulled over.
The fact remains, that a "broken tail light (only not), possible robbery suspect (because of a wide nose) man" was shot and killed in his car, in front of his girl friend and a four year old girl... that, in itself, should be police negligence.
Did he move when he wasn't supposed to? Maybe. I'll have to read the link.
Doesn't mean he had to die.
IMO.

The biggest question I have is how did the gun get on his lap? Was it out before the stop or is that what he pulled out from his back? His girlfriend says that if she would of moved while the gun was out she would of been shot too. That leads me to believe it was the gun, not the wallet that was being reached for.

I do not think anyone is insinuating because he got x amount of tickets = good riddance. However there is probably much more to this than what we have seen in the aftermath video. I know they did not have body cameras, just hoping there is adequate dash cam video. Her video as painful as it might be, does nothing to show what led
up to that point which is crucial.

Thanks, Barcode, and I understand the point. Without the body cam, we don't know what happened until his GF started recording.
But, as I stated in my reply just now to someone else, with all of those times that he was pulled over, arrested, etc...
Why reach for his gun now, if that's what folks believe happened?
He knew what to do when being pulled over, and what NOT to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa