LA - Officer fatally shoots Alton Sterling outside store, Baton Rouge, 2016

Phoenix, Arizona

July 8, 2016

Live streaming Protest leader heading protesters across train tracks then onto Interstate. Telling them that cars are on the busy highway, to be careful, some protesters have small children and could get killed "because THEY don't care" for BLM.

I just might have to stop watching SMH

WHY MARCH INTO THE INTERSTATE WITH CHILDREN??????????

I swear I've never seen anything like this, if this's a daily occurrence pull me out from under a rock ��

I checked but didn't see that. Just saw them marching down a boulevard in what looked like downtown.

Interesting information about 1 of the two events this week at that police dept...(Stealing murder)

Four previous "use of force" complaints were lodged against the two white police officers in the video-recorded shooting death of a black man and they were cleared in all of them, according to internal affairs documents released Thursday.

. Each had two prior "use of force" complaints.

[FONT=&quot]works in the uniform patrol division. In an 2013
story in The Advocate [FONT=&quot]about Baton Rouge Police recruiting, Salamoni said being an officer is “a fun job.” He added that he particularly likes the chases and pursuits.[/FONT][/FONT]

The complaints included three black men and a black juvenile. One of the men was shot when police said he pointed a gun at them and the others were injured during arrests and a police pursuit in a vehicle.

Lake was involved in a police shooting in December 2014 when a black man

He also injured a combative black juvenile

punching a black man

vehicle pursuit on June 17, 2015, in which a black man was injured when he crashed into a retaining wall. 3 years earlier .....Salamoni was issued a letter of caution for his involvement in a "preventable crash" on June 13, 2012.

All of these events were cleared.... [FONT=&quot]The Baton Rouge Police Department internally investigated 35 use of force complaints in its most recent year of available data — and not one case led to charges against its cops.

[FONT=&quot]investigated its own use of force complaints, and its most recent data shows that no recent complaints led to punishments against officers....[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Use of force complaints — more than any other form of alleged wrongdoing.

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Seventeen cases were not sustained due to "insufficient evidence." One was terminated, and 12 ended with the officers being exonerated.

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]local leaders called for the police department to reform its investigations of officer shootings

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Parish's District Attorney Hillar Moore III, said the department should create a multiagency team for such investigations, rather than handling them internally.

[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]2011, four Baton Rouge officers shot and killed a man after he refused to pull over a pickup truck for a traffic violation.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]In 2013, a Baton Rouge police officer shot and killed a man following a car chase.

June 2015 after police used stun guns to subdue him — and his parents later filed a lawsuit

in 2014, amid unrest following a police shooting in Ferguson, Mo., when an officer reportedly sent racist text messages calling black people "a bunch of monkeys." Officer Michael Elsbury later resigned.

Data from 2013 reveals that nearly 70% of the city's police officers are white, despite the 63% minority population in Baton Roug

y USA Today in 2014 revealed an exorbitant rate of black arrests in Baton Rouge — more than 280 arrests per 10,000 black residents

said both officers' body cameras fell off during their scuffle with Sterling.[/FONT]

[h=2] At least 1,581 other police departments across the USA arrest black people at rates even more skewed than in Ferguson, a USA TODAY analysis of arrest records shows.

Salamoni’s Father-- more than 34 years,--Is a High-Ranking Member of the Department’s command Staff & His Mother Is a Retired Captain[/h]
[FONT=&quot]Salamoni’s father-in-law,...[/FONT][FONT=&quot]“It burns my you-know-what when it’s – usually the black people – that try to make an agenda out of this,”...[/FONT][FONT=&quot] “a dirty shame that things like this end up in the news, [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Sterling began carrying a gun after he was mugged.

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot], police said they have surveillance video from the convenience store and dash camera video from police vehicles

[/FONT]
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/ct-louisiana-officers-use-of-force-complaints-20160707-story.html

http://heavy.com/news/2016/07/blane...-officer-name-cop-photos-facebook-identified/

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...epartment-clears-cops-force-article-1.2701115

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2014/11/18/ferguson-black-arrest-rates/19043207/

[FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]

LE going forward midnight seems to be the twitching hour

I agree and there is drinking -- all it takes is one wrong move -- everyone is on edge. Sitting there screaming at cops is not the answer. At least they are walking in BLM stuff- its not just screaming at people. I would not like to just be screamed at either

Im honestly not trying to make light, but in Louisiana, people honestly drink at almost all gatherings. I am from here and still am surprised how many kids parties have alcohol for the adults. Like, a lot of alcohol. Drinking out there would be normal. Hopefully, it remains sociable and not violent.

See photos, video as Baton Rouge police officer draws gun, tensions rise at Alton Sterling protest Friday night

http://theadvocate.com/news/police/...ll-with-shields-long-guns-at-alton-sterling-p

Over the course of the Friday protest about the police shooting of Alton Sterling earlier this week, around 100 people remained late into the night near Airline Highway and Goodwood Boulevard. At not long past midnight, the group of protesters walked down the street from the gas station where they had been located for much of the night at Airline and Goodwood Boulevard.

After they walked down Airline, the group eventually formed a human chain, sitting down to block the street (click here to see video).. At that point, two officers tried to grab a young woman, but other protesters wrestled her away. During that exchange, one officer drew a weapon, but later reholstered it.

Arrests made in Baton Rouge, NYC during anti-police brutality protests; Black Lives Matter activist DeRay McKesson among those detained

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...c-police-brutality-protests-article-1.2705786

Prominent Black Lives Matter activist DeRay Mckesson arrested at Alton Sterling protest in Baton Rouge, video shows

http://theadvocate.com/news/1636278...rested-at-alton-sterling-protest-in-baton-rou

I'm glad to see they got that hateful inciter off the streets, at least for now.

I am watching the live feed and the reporter said during this event 1 officer suffered from heat related illness and another officer was injured by someone throwing a rock. I am not sure a protestor's POV is credible when they throw rocks at ANY living being.

It is a sad day for the United States when other countries put out travel advisories because of violence and some out of control protests that were all started because of officer involved shootings that may or may not be justified. http://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory/bahamas-issues-travel-advisory-us-shootings-40450484
The part about "Do not be confrontational be cooperative" is very sound advice for all of us right now.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

102 arrested during overnight protests; police blame outsiders

"It appears the protest at Baton Rouge Police Headquarters have become more violent as out of town protesters are arriving. Any protest which becomes violent will be immediately dispersed," the police department said in a news release Sunday.

"The protest (Saturday) night at Baton Rouge Police Headquarters organized by individuals from outside our Baton Rouge community resulted in 102 arrests. In addition to the arrests, 3 rifles, 3 shotguns and 2 pistols were confiscated. A Baton Rouge Police Officer had several of his teeth knocked out as a projectile was thrown from the protest," the department said.

Baton Rouge Police also posted a video on their Facebook around 9 p.m. showing Reverend Earnest Jackson of City Church of Baton Rouge praying over officers, deputies and troopers

http://www.wbrz.com/news/102-arrested-during-overnight-protests-police-blame-outsiders

thanx for the link, its just a still image for me tho

working for anyone?

Yes - scroll down you"ll see the word HERE in blue (click it)

they just arrested a couple - and the man was telling the officer they had a child in their vehicle

It is a sad day for the United States when other countries put out travel advisories because of violence and some out of control protests that were all started because of officer involved shootings that may or may not be justified. http://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory/bahamas-issues-travel-advisory-us-shootings-40450484

In case anyone missed it, the advisory (attached) includes, "In particular young males are asked to exercise extreme caution in affected cities in their interactions with the police. Do not be confrontational and cooperate."

The advisory was issued to a population that is 90% black.

IMO it's inexcusable that throughout our country's history, minority parents have had to give their children similar advice in an attempt to keep them safe in their own communities, not just in "affected" cities.

Attachments

• bahamas_travel_advisory_july_2016.png
    bahamas_travel_advisory_july_2016.png
    382.2 KB · Views: 18
In case anyone missed it, the advisory (attached) includes, "In particular young males are asked to exercise extreme caution in affected cities in their interactions with the police. Do not be confrontational and cooperate."

The advisory was issued to a population that is 90% black.

IMO it's inexcusable that throughout our country's history, minority parents have had to give their children similar advice in an attempt to keep them safe in their own communities, not just in "affected" cities.

In all honesty, I have had the same warnings ALL my life from my parents. If I would have ever been confrontational instead of cooperative to an authority figure, my dad would have flipped his lid. It should be common sense. But, I understand the warning and what you are saying.

It seems things have taken a turn in Baton Rouge. It has obviously turned from social gathering/ support spot to some serious protesting with MANY people getting arrested. Ugh.

... the advisory (attached) includes, "In particular young males are asked to exercise extreme caution in affected cities in their interactions with the police. Do not be confrontational and cooperate." ....

bbm sbm I've read similar stmts about minority parents having "The Talk" w their children about how to behave at traffic stops or during other contact w LEOs. I have no doubt many minority families have such discussions.

In talking w neighbors, co-workers, friends over the years, many white parents have said they had have multiple discussions along the same line: be cooperative, say yes officer, no officer, accept any warning or ticket from LEO, must wait to dispute in court, etc. Kids, esp teens, out & about, driving or otherwise not in the immediate watchful eyes of parents may very well be tempted to be sass back/be a smart aleck/show off for friends, etc, in the presence of LEOs.

BTW, have heard women admonish their husbands about tendency to be confrontational w LEOs.:thinking: Maybe goes in the opposite direction for some couples. IDK. JM2cts.

Baton Rouge Cop Points Assault Weapon At HuffPost Reporter, Protesters
“An officer just pointed a machine gun at me,” a HuffPost reporter said as he captured the moment on camera.

Huffington Post
07/10/2016 11:29 am ET | Updated 5 hours ago
Lilly Workneh Black Voices Senior Editor, The Huffington Post
David Lohr Senior Crime Reporter, The Huffington Post

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...otesters_us_5782415be4b0c590f7e9b48e?section=

“Tensions hit their peak in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, late Saturday night when police officers armed with military equipment tried to clear those gathered for a demonstration from the streets and highway.

One officer, armed with an assault weapon, deliberately aimed the gun at protesters and journalists, forcing them to retreat. HuffPost senior crime reporter David Lohr was among them.

Lohr arrived in Baton Rouge earlier this week to help capture moments from the Black Lives Matter protests that took over the city’s streets. He launched a live-stream on the HuffPost Black Voices Facebook page around 11 p.m. that captured some tense moments, including police making several arrests and one protester getting shocked by a stun gun. In one jarring moment, Lohr captured an officer pointing her assault rifle at protesters ― and at him.

“An officer just pointed a machine gun at me,” Lohr says in the live-stream. “I’m not quite sure what that female officer was doing; she pointed an assault rifle at us.”

Watch the moment around the 4:45 mark:”​

Includes other videos and article.

Edit:

And/or the single video can be seen here:

[video]https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10154822841737565&id=10018702564&refsrc=https%3A%2F%2Fm.facebook.com%2Fplugins%2Fvi deo.php&locale2=en_US&_rdr[/video]

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea
Back