WI WI - Alexis Patterson, 7, Milwaukee, 3 May 2002

Snipped from the article:
Officers are responding to a tip from a man in Ohio, according to a department spokesperson. That man believes a woman he knows could be the 7-year-old girl who vanished from Milwaukee's west side.
A spokesperson for Milwaukee Police said detectives will obtain a DNA sample from the woman. He did not have a timeline for when the trip would take place or where the tip originated.

How wonderful if something would come from this. I'd love more information on what the woman is saying regarding who her parents are, where she grew up, etc.

http://www.tmj4.com/news/local-news...na-sample-insists-she-is-not-alexis-patterson

Can you even imagine the police showing up at your house and asking for a DNA sample because they think you might be a kidnapped child? This woman says she isn't Alexis, and let's face it, she probably isn't, but wouldn't you be showing the police and the press your birth certificate, pictures from your childhood like old school pics or what not which would then make the DNA issue moot. I guess not everyone has friends as an adult who they knew as young children, but most people could start naming off at least a few people they were friends with in grade school and probably is friends with some of them on Facebook or some other form of social media. Not to mention being able to say what school you went to for kindy and grade school.

The article says the DNA test will take a few weeks. I'd love to know if they asked for her blood type since that could eliminate her right away as being Alexis.

At the very least, this new lead brings Alexis' story back into the news which could lead to more leads.

I think it's likely her stepfather harmed her all those years ago.

But I do think it's odd about the DNA. I know if someone came to my door, I could show them countless amounts of photos and proof of my childhood.

I think it's likely her stepfather harmed her all those years ago.

But I do think it's odd about the DNA. I know if someone came to my door, I could show them countless amounts of photos and proof of my childhood.

I wonder what alibi the stepfather has for that day. I know he failed a lie detector but I can imagine that's a really, really stressful situation and I know they aren't fully reliable. Off the top of my head, I can't remember if I ever heard what he did that day after he dropped her off at school. No-one knew she was missing until after the school day ended so whoever took her had the entire day to basically cover up the crime.

Every news story they are doing here in Milwaukee about this new lead includes info about the $10,000 reward so maybe, just maybe that will spark someone to start talking.

http://m.wisn.com/news/woman-sugges...s-patterson-denies-she-is-lost-child/40457782

Okay, so it's the woman's ex-husband who reported the tip. His ex-wife admits to not really having a memory of her childhood before age 10 and she says she was born outside of the United States. The ex-husband says she had a hard time getting the documents they needed in order to get married, including a birth certificate. But, he also says they married around six years ago which would mean if she is Alexis, he married a 15 year-old girl. And, not only did he marry a 15 year-old, he married a 15 year-old who had a child. They have a child together and he actually brought their child to Milwaukee to meet Alexis' mother which just seems shocking to me. The woman says she is 28.

The lead detective from the Alexis Patterson case says he is confident she was murdered and that she never left her house that morning:

http://newstalk1130.iheart.com/onai...detective-spingola-confident-alexis-14898187/

He also added in the interview that a cadaver dog alerted to the basement as well as the trunk of the car and that there was a call placed from the Patterson home to a hospital at 6:00am the morning Alexis disappeared. The call was 14 seconds long before someone hung up.

Did something happen to her at the hands of stepdad, and then Mom called hospital, and he grabbed the phone and hung it up? Or did he call, but then hang up because he wanted to avoid trouble? Either way, they both knew something.

I'm sorry, but I cannot get past the fact that she has not kept in touch with police!

Why call a hospital? That's weird. Unless it was someone who doesn't think straight when in a panic.

Cadaver dogs are not 100% accurate. I believe it's more like 60-69%. So, it is possible that she could be alive even if by a small percentage. DNA accuracy is a wonderful tool.

I'm sorry, but I cannot get past the fact that she has not kept in touch with police!

I know. All these years I just assumed that her mom was keeping up with the police so to hear that she hasn't been is pretty shocking.

Did something happen to her at the hands of stepdad, and then Mom called hospital, and he grabbed the phone and hung it up? Or did he call, but then hang up because he wanted to avoid trouble? Either way, they both knew something.

I agree. I always wondered if something happened after her mother went to work and so her mom didn't know if she was kidnapped or killed at home but the timing of that phone call suggests both parents were home.

Was that information ever released before? I find it very interesting. And sad.

Who calls a hospital if there was an accident or something like that? Most would call 911. I suppose it's possible someone could call their pediatrician or something.

Was that information ever released before? I find it very interesting. And sad.

Who calls a hospital if there was an accident or something like that? Most would call 911. I suppose it's possible someone could call their pediatrician or something.

I found some references to the cadaver dogs being used on a few blogs but nothing official and nothing saying that they actually alerted to any specific areas. This was the first time I'd ever heard about a phone call being made from the house that morning. The investigator is now retired and the interview makes it sound like he's fed up/frustrated and so he decided to speak his mind.

It does seem strange that the call was to a hospital instead of 911. Did someone take the time to look up the number or was the number known to them because previous calls had been made? Was there any history of "accidents" happening to any of the children in the home and/or Alexis' mother? Maybe a year or two after Alexis' disappearance, her mom divorced the step-dad after he abused her, and that's not even getting into his other lengthy criminal history.

:: BREAKING NOW: @MilwaukeePolice report DNA sample from Ohio woman does NOT match Alexis Patterson.

This is a video from the Journal Sentinel here in Milwaukee. I am still trying process what I just watched.

[video=youtube;vyLrknL1sEo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vyLrknL1sEo[/video]

I feel bad because she so wants it to be her daughter. :(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname