Found Deceased OH - Sierah Joughin, 20, Fulton County, 19 July 2016 #4 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this article is very misleading. It doesn't mention the fact that she was riding with her boyfriend just hours before, instead it makes it seem like she had just texted with him and not even seen him at all.
I agree it is misleading. IF the bf had been getting texts between 7-10, I don't believe he would have been as concerned as he was to notify her family. I think it is more likely he heard nothing from her after 6:45.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I just cannot get past the point that he told police that his motorcycle broke down and he rolled it into the corn where there just so happened to be two bikes. I mean, c'mon, why would you put your bike in the corn??? Keep it in the side of the road so you can attempt to fix it there. When peoples cars break down you don't see them driving off into fields of corn! His story just seems so lame to me.

I just cannot get past the point that he told police that his motorcycle broke down and he rolled it into the corn where there just so happened to be two bikes. I mean, c'mon, why would you put your bike in the corn??? Keep it in the side of the road so you can attempt to fix it there. When peoples cars break down you don't see them driving off into fields of corn! His story just seems so lame to me.

His story is lame. He's a predator.
I have this feeling he flagged her down. Pretended to have a problem with his motorcycle. All part of his plan. .

Great! This provides more information about the transportation business:
attachment.php

Some of the Toledo Blade articles I've read in the last day or so say that he has a small engine repair business.
attachment.php

(screencap from news video)

Possibly he had some income as caretaker for his elderly mother.

$1000 last year does not seem believable even without any of this info. Really looking forward to that hearing on August 18.

Interesting sign.. his listed operating days/times. Why did he not work Mondays also ? What did he always have to do Monday ? Just hung over ? Or ? Also, does someone have a closer pic of his business sign, I would like to read all of it

It's curious that they found duct tape at the barn with both of their DNA on it. Why would he bring that home?

We don't know that he didn't bring her there for those few hours and then bring her body back to where she was found do we?

It's curious that they found duct tape at the barn with both of their DNA on it. Why would he bring that home?

We don't know that he didn't bring her there for those few hours and then bring her body back to where she was found do we?
I'll go back and check, but I thought the tape with both of their DNA was found in his truck, suggests to me he removed it before leaving her body because he knew their DNA was on it.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

JMO, but I don't think he actually constructed a room. I think that area was probably part of the barn, and because of what he was using it for, he had things stored in there, and thus it was 'hidden' from the view of most people. However, I also doubt he normally kept hay in front of the door to that room, if that was the only door. Think about it for a second....if you are trying to put someone in there against their will, would you want to have to take time to move the hay bales, while worrying about the person? And if you needed to get in that room frequently, would you block the door? So either there was other doors, or it wasn't usually hidden by hay bales. Very likely it did have a locked door though.

I'm thinking of barns I've been in. Many have a tack room, stalls for isolating new animals in, or stalls separate from the rest for foaling calves or horses, an area for orphaned cows or foals, etc. They aren't all used for the same thing, but the layout in many barns is the same. I know in my husband's grandfather's barn, it was an old dairy farm, and there was an area for the cold milk, an area the cows udders were cleaned before milking, an area for milking, and an 'office' of sorts where the meds, records, milk replacer, horse and cow halters, etc were kept. There was a stall for an injured animal to be kept as well.

In this area, some barns are now used as storage buildings, and some are used for mechanics as well. Like a garage. Many were family farms handed down, and not as many farmers as there was. Many families have outside jobs and no time to work a farm now.

These are jsut thoughts I'm having and just things I've observed in my area....

yes our barn has 2 levels and the 2nd floor looks level with the ground and has a wooden floor, it has a couple off set rooms no windows used for storage and we now store cars in it. the lower level is concrete, when you walk in a small room with windows is feed, meds. etc storage, then you go in and there are stalls, windows and doors leading to pastures. On one side it is devided for babies and moms. Barns can be all sizes and shapes. Our silo is attached to the side. The 3rd floor is just a loft. The Amish built this one probably 60 years ago.

You are so correct about quick entry, moving things etc. There could be another door or his victims were incapacitated where he had time.......like tied and gagged. BUT who would put he hay back while he was down there with his victim? other locks so no one could tell there was a door???

Interesting sign.. his listed operating days/times. Why did he not work Mondays also ? What did he always have to do Monday ? Just hung over ? Or ? Also, does someone have a closer pic of his business sign, I would like to read all of it

long weekends! Sat 6 til Tues at 10..............

long weekends! Fri at 6 til Tues at 10..............
His hours were 10 to 6 Tuesday through Saturday. I had an auto mechanic friend who had those same hours. It gave working folks time to bring their cars for repairs on Saturdays.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337Z using Tapatalk

Watch the Kurt Russell movie where his wife was kidnapped by a truck driver. The guy had a barn and kept her hidden in a deep freezer in a hidden area covered by hay. I think its called breakout.

Anyways this Worley could have got this idea of a set up from that movie. It was made in the early 90s I think.

But it ends well. But very on edge throughoutthe movie. Especially since the guy lived with his wife and kid in the main house while they knew nothing.

That was a very good but frightening movie and yes, oh so similar - it immediately came to mind when the news broke about this freak's hidden room.

His hours were 10 to 6 Tuesday through Saturday. I had an auto mechanic friend who had those same hours. It gave working folks time to bring their cars for repairs on Saturdays.

Oh, and took Monday off instead.

The most specific location I'm finding of the duct tape containing DNA:

Authorities also reported finding duct tape at Worley's property. Tests on that tape found both Joughin's and Worley's DNA.

http://www.13abc.com/content/news/A...n-Joughin-murder-investigation-388568052.html

The affidavit for the phone records search warrant includes some specific items found in his truck. Duct tape is not among those items named.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-July-2016-4-*Arrest*&p=12717151#post12717151

The information about the duct tape is likely contained in the search warrant return for the search of his property.

As far as I can determine, that search warrant also covered his pickup. Difficult to say for sure, though, without seeing the actual documents.

Spotted that in the same ABC 13 article regarding the location of the secret room:

According to the search warrant, the hidden room was under bales of hay and locked from the outside.

Sounds like a basement room rather than a side room, IMO.

I googled "FES Transportation" and got to a page about a meeting at the commissioners' office that took place in Williams County, Bryan on Oct 21, 2010. Fes Transportation was granted a Special Hauling Permit #10-0118, which seems to be for oversized/overweight vehicles.

If that helps at all to narrow down when he was doing what.

http://www.co.williams.oh.us/Commissioners/minutes_10/10-21-10_min.pdf

Can we put this date on tab 3 of the spreadsheet to keep a timeline for him? Or a new tab?

So now I googled F.E.S. SHOP SERVICES LLC and got to a page that seems to include filings from 2009 and 2011? But they don't open for me. Maybe you have to be in the US to be able to see them. Someone want to try?

https://opencorporates.com/companies/us_oh/1849553

ETA: He incorporated this business in 2009.

yes our barn has 2 levels and the 2nd floor looks level with the ground and has a wooden floor, it has a couple off set rooms no windows used for storage and we now store cars in it. the lower level is concrete, when you walk in a small room with windows is feed, meds. etc storage, then you go in and there are stalls, windows and doors leading to pastures. On one side it is devided for babies and moms. Barns can be all sizes and shapes. Our silo is attached to the side. The 3rd floor is just a loft. The Amish built this one probably 60 years ago.

You are so correct about quick entry, moving things etc. There could be another door or his victims were incapacitated where he had time.......like tied and gagged. BUT who would put he hay back while he was down there with his victim? other locks so no one could tell there was a door???

Perhaps he feared discovery of the room when he was in it less than he feared its discovery when he was not around to control the situation.

I think it went down sort of like this:

At 6:45 p.m.--7:00 P.M.--- Lucifer pulls up on his bike and manages to cut Ce off, causing her to halt where she was, possibly feigning a mech. problem.

7:00--9:00 ---According to police, Lucifer remained right there in that cornfield for almost two hours, we have to assume he was holding Sierah against her will and restraining her in some fashion. There's also the chance that she may have been unconscious during a good majority of that time. To remain right there in the close proximity to the house she was biking towards for two hours is total insanity........but it is what it is. What that tells me more than anything is that he had no idea where it was that she was heading to.

9:00-- ? After dark, Lucifer manages to position Ce on the front of the motorcycle seat, and drives home. Who knows if she was conscious or not, but after a blow to the head and death threats for two hours, she complied.....or didn't. A guy his size could easily manhandle a small woman onto a motorcycle and ride home in the dark, and to a passing motorist, it would simply appear as two people riding double on a bike. He only had to ride for 5 miles, less than 10 minutes, to get to his home from the abduction site. Plus, it was dark by then anyway.

10:45 P.M.----Ce's relatives realize she is missing and call 911 to report it.

Somewhere in that scenario, Lucifer got bruised up pretty good, so we have to assume that Ce became conscious and aware enough to inflict a decent amount of damage to his arms and legs. I think he took her back to his house for sure, but only after bundling her up to make it look as though she was a willing passenger on his bike. A simple ski mask could have camouflaged the actual process of restraining her from prying eyes. I'm sure the duct tape was used right at the beginning of the attack to prevent her from yelling for help.

What Worley failed to anticipate was the huge search effort and the onslaught of law enforcement agents that flooded the area the next morning. Most likely in his previous abductions, that kind of intense effort to find the missing person was lacking. He had to know that it was simply a matter of time before LE knocked on his door, especially with his previous conviction for a similar crime. How he managed to escape that kind of intense scrutiny in other missing persons cases or murders is yet to be determined.

Because the heat was turned up so high this time around, he felt as if he had no choice but to rid himself of his captive, so he took her yet another 2 miles further away from the abduction site and buried her. Fortunately, he must have toted his cellphone along with him, making a search of the area easier to focus in on. I think this was a desperation move due to both the intense LE presence flooding the area as well as the citizen involvement. In his prior abductions, for whatever reason, he may not have felt so compelled to distance himself from his victim so quickly.

So now I googled F.E.S. SHOP SERVICES LLC and got to a page that seems to include filings from 2009 and 2011? But they don't open for me. Maybe you have to be in the US to be able to see them. Someone want to try?

https://opencorporates.com/companie...before taking on Something of that magnitude.

https://opencorporates.com/companies/us_oh/1849553

ETA: He incorporated this business in 2009.

Click on the Ohio Secretary of State source url at that page and it will take you to the best way to view the documents.

http://www5.sos.state.oh.us/ords/f?p=100:7:0::NO:7:P7_CHARTER_NUM:1849553

The 2009 doc is the original articles of incorportation.

The 2011 doc is amended articles. It has been posted here as a sample of Worley's handwriting.

The 2011 amended articles changes the name from FES Transportation to F.E.S. Shop Services.

IIRC, the 2011 time frame is consistent with when he gave up his Federal Motor Carrier operating authority.

With his original appearance and original prelim... I wandered the internet and found that BY LAW imho it stated that the prelim MUST happen within 10 days of his original appearance if he is in jail. Yet prelim is for August 18? :confused: That is more than 10 days.

Did I miss that perhaps both parties waived that deadline?

Guess I am antsy on I's and T's as with another case I'm following at WS, that many of you may follow, a law had changed a few months previous and the prosecutors almost missed a deadline

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coloradoloser