Found Deceased Australia - Karen Ristevski, 47, Melbourne, Vic, 29 June 2016 - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's exactly what it is... Used to be on train platforms etc or outside old chemists back before my time... They are super cool . And very very heavy
I remember coin-operated scales like that in chemists, but I would have thought they were taller than the one in the garage looks.

If there was a dead body in a car cadaver dogs would pick up the scent Id think, unless investigators are withholding information.
(snipped)

There was no cadaver dog evidence presented in the Baden-Clay case although the body was transported in an immediately suspected car.

I remember coin-operated scales like that in chemists, but I would have thought they were taller than the one in the garage looks.

I thought the same but I couldn't tell from the perspective... The station ones for baggage were short I think..
I got over excited before I saw the garage pic... I was going off the example . I typed before I should have ... Story of my life

I know this isn't really relevant so sorry to all , but this is what I meant ...
17650ac3085cd441277334ebe533a7ff.jpg

Police probe ‘shoeless’ claim in missing Karen Ristevski case

12:00AM September 9, 2016

Police are investigating whether missing Melbourne woman Karen Ristevski left home shoeless on the day she disappeared.

It is understood Victoria Police are yet to determine whether Ms Ristevski was wearing shoes when she left her home in Melbourne’s northwestern suburb of Avondale Heights on June 29.

About a month after she disappeared, police set up an information van close to where she was last seen, and dressed a mannequin in what they thought she was wearing.

The mannequin was dressed in pants, a shirt and a jacket, with a Coach handbag, but it did not have shoes.

Sources close to the investigation say police are trying to ascertain whether all her shoes are accounted for at home.

A former police investigator, who asked not to be named, noted that a shoeless mannequin did not necessarily indicate investigators thought she left home with no shoes; it might just mean police were not able to obtain the type of shoe the missing person was wearing.

They don't know 100% if she was wearing shoes or not & I know nothing much about fashion but I do know that a person who owns a fashion store is highly unlikely to go out wearing pants, a jacket with a Coach handbag
(I am guessing that's high fashion?), a clutch purse and to be not 'wearing shoes' of any description. So for me she never left the home in that manner & I highly doubt there is any CCTV coverage of her outside her immediate property or close to it on the morning that she supposedly went missing as if there was then today's technology can zoom in to at least ascertain if she was indeed wearing shoes and if so should be able to replicate to some degree the type of footwear. So for me she didn't leave home that morning by walking out.

I just checked prices for Coach handbags in NZ, around $600 :thinking: plus new. Wearing a $600 plus handbag & your shoe accessory is bare feet doesn't add up!
There was supposedly $850 in her bag so maybe she just went shoe shopping (yeah right!).

We have been questioning "the no shoes on the mannequen" from Day 1.......IMO There was NO WALK......SR would/should know what shoes are missing in Karen's wardrobe (if any).......Hoping for an arrest soon......:pullhair:

BR is now my one and only suspect. Does anyone still think he is innocent?

KR's brother has said he catches up with BR regularly now, I'm thinking why would he, if he's responsible for his sister going missing...

Why would BR have had to take KRs car out on the 29th when he could have used his own car, unless the fuel gauge bumping story is true (which I doubt).
It is possible that KRs car left on the 28th and was brought back on the 29th, perhaps by BR.

If there was a dead body in a car cadaver dogs would pick up the scent Id think, unless investigators are withholding information.

So probably a planned abduction occurred first and BR then picked up the car and brought it back home. Hence KRs phone ping in Gisborne and BRs in Diggers Rest.

Hopefully the neighbours cctv footage shows the car leaving and returning, this will provide LE with the timestamps they need for establishing BR's actual movements. This is going to be interesting.

Police probe ‘shoeless’ claim in missing Karen Ristevski case

12:00AM September 9, 2016

Police are investigating whether missing Melbourne woman Karen Ristevski left home shoeless on the day she disappeared.

It is understood Victoria Police are yet to determine whether Ms Ristevski was wearing shoes when she left her home in Melbourne’s northwestern suburb of Avondale Heights on June 29.

RSBM

I wonder if Karen's side of the family have turned to The Australian with this 'no shoes' info. Maybe they were prompted by police to do so, or got permission from the police to do so. Or maybe they just did it because they are feeling desperate.
The Australian says the relatives have asked for their help. Perhaps they offered the 'no shoes' info as something new for The Australian to run with the article.

Ms Ristevski’s relatives have appealed through The Australian for information to help find her.

They have denied assertions she had run away.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...e/news-story/a740dedb244bdeb9825b0dc6233d0f20

KR's brother has said he catches up with BR regularly now, I'm thinking why would he, if he's responsible for his sister going missing...

Maybe it is a case of "Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer"?
Especially as Borce has quit talking to the police.

And welcome, Anything really. :welcome:

Karen's brother is being quite vocal ( where is Karen ) says he still catches up with BR regularly ??

Why would BR have had to take KRs car out on the 29th when he could have used his own car, unless the fuel gauge bumping story is true (which I doubt).
It is possible that KRs car left on the 28th and was brought back on the 29th, perhaps by BR.

So probably a planned abduction occurred first and BR then picked up the car and brought it back home. Hence KRs phone ping in Gisborne and BRs in Diggers Rest.

That KRs car left on the 28th is certainly possible. Have been thinking about it ..... I had this theory that KR and BR left in KRs car on the 29th to go and meet AR at Diggers Rest, maybe in a park or somewhere, but that can't be because Bella Bleu opens at 9 am on a Wednesday and KR would have rung work to say she'll be late in, wouldn't she, I mean, I think she was pretty organised.

Have they revealed what Karen was doing on 28th? If she worked that day, then maybe BR and KR had an argument that night. Do we know the date of the CCTV? Could BR have asked Karen to go out to dinner with him that night to get her into the car? But if she left without shoes on, that does not make sense. Perhaps, she was threatened by BR with some sort of weapon to get into her car and had not put her shoes on or the shoes came off in some sort of physical fight. Was she strangled or suffocated first? If so, as someone said, the dogs would have detected a dead body in the car. But her car is not back yet so we do not know what they found. But is it more likely Karen left the house on the night of the 28th?

So many questions....and no answers...yet!

Karen's mobile phone was reportedly tracked near Gisborne, 40km northwest of their home, while her husband's was tracked on the same highway, at Diggers Rest, about 20km northwest of the home.
It was also reported that BR's phone was switched off for about two hours that day
https://au.news.yahoo.com/a/32563091...mothers/#page1

It seems as if KR was put into her own car dead or alive. BR drove 20kms before he remembered to turn his phone off. He then drove another 20kms and cut Karen's phone off, then suffocated or strangled her outside the car (if she was not already dead and there is no evidence of there being a dead body in the car) then buried her body with that shovel they found. Then he drove back home. If his phone was off for 2 hours, then the time would sound about right (assuming that was the moment his phone was off for 2 hours) so maybe driving about 1 hour, then disposing of the body-

I find it very Interesting that the CCTV cameras at the family home were apparently NOT working the day of the disappearance which makes it sound premeditated plus he must have had the shovel ready in the car too. His going to ask neighbours if they had CCTV footage is very telling.

I doubt it, why would she ask for assistance from "the Australian missing persons register".
Maybe because of pressure from friends/relatives/police liaison? No reason not to get help from a missing person's organisation, usually, is there?

I think we have to remember also that the pings only give us the location of the closest phone tower. Not the phone's actual location.

Another day and still no KR. Saturday tomorrow...hoping for a little more information from LE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Champ86