GUILTY TX - Christina Morris, 23, Plano, 30 Aug 2014 - Enrique Arochi kidnapping trial #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know its his job, Im explaining what its like to experience being in his presence to people who are just reading twitter, dude.

Seriously, this is what it's like:

"So let me be clear that I understand what you're saying here. What you're saying here, what your THEORY is....If I'm getting inside your head and understand YOUR theory...then your THEORY is that there is not any non-obvious, non-presence of blood that is NOT on the inside of the trunk that can't be linked to Ms. Morris. Is that not what you're saying here?"

I wish I were exaggerating. It was just like this.

<and to be honest, I can't even check out all the quadruple negatives in my statement to understand what the hell I'm saying>

So now it makes sense why they presented all the evidence of cleaners and rags - even though it didn't seem so important at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigglingtoes View Post
Valerie Wigglesworth &#8207;@vlwigg 28s28 seconds ago
.@xxxx Correct. Blue Star can react with cleaners. But if it were just cleaners, there would be no DNA there #arochitrial

bingo.

This! DNA consistent with blood

JMHO but could be still DNA but not blood and the cleaner cleaning up whatever bodily fluid could have caused the reaction (false positive?)

Ok, here's is my other issue. And I don't really believe this either, but bear with me.

If it's only 6 drops of blood's worth of DNA, then is it fair to consider the possibility of her being alive? That she was kidnapped (EA to blame) but perhaps she WAS sold off to the cartel or some mystical witchcraft group or something and is being held as a sex slave?

A part of me would rather find her like this than find her deceased, so what does this evidence give us? Hope? Or is that just super dumb?

As an actress and artist, I know people are all very different and full of different life experiences and emotions. It's hard to predict a jury. What if there is tat one person who just can't see past these things?

Ugh. I truly apologize. I wish my rain didn't work this way too. It seems like it might be more relaxing to be like you, mr SteveS. I do respect your even temper. I'm all over the place with this damn trial. Sigh...

I don't think my empath qualities make me a good pretend juror.

LOL I feel you on the last sentence. I wish that I had hope for her being alive, I mean there should always be hope until she is found, but it just isn't likely to me.

Valerie WigglesworthVerified account &#8207;@vlwigg 3m3 minutes ago
Staub: Presumptive blood tests rely on red cells but DNA found in white cells, possible cleaner eliminated red cells not white #arochitrial

Plano Star Courier &#8207;@planonewspaper 3m3 minutes ago
Staub confirms investigators did not find anything on bottom of trunk mat #arochitrial

Plano Star Courier &#8207;@planonewspaper 2m2 minutes ago
Staub said DNA found in white blood cells, cleaners remove red blood cells #arochitrial

Plano Star Courier &#8207;@planonewspaper 1m1 minute ago
Meanwhile jury is still out; if judge allows Staub testimony he will essentially make same testimony as he's done already #arochitrial

Ok, here's is my other issue. And I don't really believe this either, but bear with me.

If it's only 6 drops of blood's worth of DNA, then is it fair to consider the possibility of her being alive? That she was kidnapped (EA to blame) but perhaps she WAS sold off to the cartel or some mystical witchcraft group or something and is being held as a sex slave?

A part of me would rather find her like this than find her deceased, so what does this evidence give us? Hope? Or is that just super dumb?

As an actress and artist, I know people are all very different and full of different life experiences and emotions. It's hard to predict a jury. What if there is tat one person who just can't see past these things?

Ugh. I truly apologize. I wish my rain didn't work this way too. It seems like it might be more relaxing to be like you, mr SteveS. I do respect your even temper. I'm all over the place with this damn trial. Sigh...

I don't think my empath qualities make me a good pretend juror.

The slave trade scenario would still make it aggravated kidnapping.

Still confused because he isn't an Expert.

Natalie Solis &#8207;@Fox4Natalie 1m1 minute ago McKinney, TX
Judge asks Staub if article referring to cleaning agents effect on sample testing is valid or "junk science" @Fox4 #arochitrial

I don't really believe this, but ....here's where I could imagine someone coming to that conclusion...please don't crucify me, I'm just saying...

Everyone is high and drunk. Christina's emotions are out of control. She leaves willingly in his car. They stop to "party" somewhere. She was I to hard drugs, so who knows what this entails...

Her tiny body gives out and she slumps over and pukes into EA trunk. Maybe her nose bleeds. No clue what overdose is really like. EA freaks out. Abandons her. Blacks out. Who knows?

I don't think this happened, but I can imagine it almost as easily as him turning aggressive and raping her and stuffing her in his trunk? Ugh. I hate being the one to bring this bs up,Mac I know I'm in a minority. I truly don't believe this, but I can see someone else believing this. Does that make any sense?

"I truly don't believe this, but I can see someone else believing this." ...Frankly, no, and respectfully I don't think it's a thing. We all see the obvious, and when we do, from my experience we really shouldn't expect others to tend to fly off into mental la-la land and turn into stupids. But just in case, this prosecution team has done an excellent job of keeping the focus on the obvious, so that it's getting drilled into the jury. I don't think they'll be stupid.

Staub says article is from respected journal @Fox4 #arochitrial

Staub said only three bodily sources for as much DNA that was found is blood, saliva or semen. #arochitrial

"I truly don't believe this, but I can see someone else believing this." ...Frankly, no, and respectfully I don't think it's a thing. We all see the obvious, and when we do, from my experience we really shouldn't expect others to tend to fly off into mental la-la land and turn into stupids. But just in case, this prosecution team has done an excellent job of keeping the focus on the obvious, so that it's getting drilled into the jury. I don't think they'll be stupid.

Zing. That hurt a little!

Staub said only three bodily sources for as much DNA that was found is blood, saliva or semen. #arochitrial

**we know now, no semen from prior Expert (and it it CM DNA so no semen ;) )

cleaning fluids cleaning up the saliva with vomit could caused false jmho

The slave trade scenario would still make it aggravated kidnapping.

As I said above--EA still being to blame for aggravated kidnapping.

My focus is on the truth and finding Christina. Not just prosecuting her kidnapper and calling it a day. There is still work to be done until she is found, IMHO.

Alice Barr &#8207;@AliceBarrNBC5 2m2 minutes ago Manhattan, NY
Judge: How much DNA could be transferred through touching something? Staub:"Always a much lower level than we saw in this case" #ArochiTrial

Valerie WigglesworthVerified account &#8207;@vlwigg 2m2 minutes ago
Staub testifies that potential sources for DNA are blood, saliva and semen. Since DNA is for Morris, other option is saliva #arochitrial

Valerie WigglesworthVerified account &#8207;@vlwigg 1m1 minute ago
Forgot to give ID. Witness testifying is Rick Staub, CSI and property evidence unit manager for @PlanoPoliceDept #arochitrial

**we know now, no semen from prior Expert

cleaning fluids cleaning up the saliva with vomit could caused false jmho

Using cleaners to clean blood could result in false negative presumptive blood test

I'm definitely not here to crucify you, these are valid concerns. That being said I have never sustained those types of injuries from being black out drunk, but that's just me.

Nor probably told different stories of how those injuries came to be. ;)

As I said above--EA still being to blame for aggravated kidnapping.

My focus is on the truth and finding Christina. Not just prosecuting her kidnapper and calling it a day. There is still work to be done until she is found, IMHO.

I see. Well, I think EA is the only one who knows where she is or could assist in recovering her.

A good point from one of the tweeters: Not likely a false positive from cleaners because it only fluoresced in that one area, not all over the mat.

Valerie WigglesworthVerified account &#8207;@vlwigg 1m1 minute ago
Staub sent out of courtroom. Now judge, defense and prosecution get to talk about all the legal stuff on whether allowed #arochitrial

No, intent not "ALWAYS" inferred. That is why there are different degrees of punishment for deaths: murder one, murder two, voluntary manslaughter, involuntary manslaughter, criminally negligent homicide...and on and on because not all deaths were the result of premeditated intent. And, sometimes, there is no intent at all for death, yet a death occurs, such as involuntary manslaughter and criminally negligent homicide.

Murderers often threaten people beforehand that they are going to kill them. Or, they keep a journal or a list of names. That is premeditated, and hasn't been proven here. Here they are trying to show the intent for SB transferred to CM...otherwise, there is no reason to even include SB in the testimony beyond that she went out with the group.

The witnesses were asked several times about EA's actions/feelings RE: SB because the prosecution must prove up their "jilted by SB, took it out on CM" theory that they used to get the grand jury to indict.

But, you are patently incorrect to assert that intent is "ALWAYS" inferred. Intent is sometime clear, sometimes not. And, sometimes, there is no intent at all and things go wrong. Criminal law is replete with examples of "crimes of passion" cases.

<modsnip>

But "intent" is indeed always inferred, because "intent" is a state of mind, not an action. So you have to derive an intent from something else. You can NEVER provide a snapshot of the person's mind thinking x, y, or z, and intent goes to what was in their mind.

It's true that the evidence available to draw that inference may be better or worse, stronger or weaker, more or less voluminous. But whatever it is, it still requires a conclusion based on inference, not on actual observation of a mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member