GUILTY TX - Christina Morris, 23, Plano, 30 Aug 2014 - Enrique Arochi kidnapping trial #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks! I'm getting the picture now. It's wishful thinking on my part.

On the real life level, you're exactly right.

I do hold out some hope that EA will chase a negotiated deal after consulting with his attorneys over the weekend. They are good (ie, they have no delusions about their chances at this point, or about what their defense might do to change the situation), and have been known to do deals in the middle of a trial after the handwriting is clearly on the wall. And because he's likely to get a murder charge and a death penalty by simply blabbing, he can't really tell where CM is without it being part of a bigger deal. But he'd still get locked up for a long long time, because the state won't give him a free pass for abduction-murder.

Just from my perspective, they don't have anything to offer him right now. If he offered up her body he would be admitting to murder which he is not on trial for. If he were, they could offer him a lighter sentence. Since it's just AK he would get a whole nother charge added on top so it would be a longer sentence no matter what. Does that make sense? And I'm not a lawyer so I could be wrong.

"they don't have anything to offer him right now." ....Well, yes and no. They could bundle both crimes (AK and murder) into one sentence and allow him to escape the possibility of Ole Sparky or its successors, in exchange for a plea, a full confession under oath, and a location, and that's the deal that imo would happen if there was one. (And I'm talking about such a deal before the trial resumes on Monday, not something worked out after this is over. It would certainly be doable, if they wanted to do it.)

But in relation to THIS crime (AK) alone, I agree that there's little reason for the state to offer much, if anything. I may be in the minority, but I think they have him facing a LONG sentence here (and I truly think the max 99 years is possible) and at this point have no real incentive to bargain that win away. Sure it's not over, but we're in the top of the 9th with the prosecution still up to bat and the score is already about 20-1 or the like.

I suppose technically they did since Barkley Sutton is w/ TXEQ. He continued the searches for (at least) several months. I just remember it feeling weird when they announced they were stopping.

Knowing what I do (and participating in the searches the first week) I think that TxEQ cleared all of the most obvious areas based on the information that they had. The places that I physically helped search were 100% on point based on what we know now. And I didn't know why at the time. They covered a LOT of ground that week.

I am unaware of any situation where TxEQ has put resources into searching an entire county which I think is what we're looking at now.

I think the presentation of the Anna information today insinuates he may not have disposed of her until Sunday. I dunno.

I think their statement that they needed more credible information was 100% honest. It was/is a needle in a haystack and Tim Miller (God bless him) knew that right away.

Knowing what I do (and participating in the searches the first week) I think that TxEQ cleared all of the most obvious areas based on the information that they had. The places that I physically helped search were 100% on point based on what we know now. And I didn't know why at the time. They covered a LOT of ground that week.

I am unaware of any situation where TxEQ has put resources into searching an entire county which I think is what we're looking at now.

I think the presentation of the Anna information today insinuates he may not have disposed of her until Sunday. I dunno.

I think their statement that they needed more credible information was 100% honest. It was/is a needle in a haystack and Tim Miller (God bless him) knew that right away.

This makes sense. It is so frustrating. I really wish we had found her by now. Obviously, we all do, but I don't typically follow cases,me specially as close as this. I had no idea how heavy it would feel to be watching a trial without knowing where she is. It sucks.

Like sometimes I'm JEALOUS that other cases are solved, the person is found, the family has closure, the people who invested their hearts know what happened. I feel like the people in Christina's life will never be like them. Like they got ripped off and screwed over every which way. It reminds me, personally, of going through infertility and seeing pregnant women and feeling awful for not being happy for them. It just sucks. My heart is broken for Christina and her loved ones.

Where are you, Christina?

Considering this county gave him a million dollar bail and I've heard about people charged with murder only getting half that amount, I do believe this North Texas court might very well give him the max especially because of the torment he's put the family through by lying about so much.

"they don't have anything to offer him right now." ....Well, yes and no. They could bundle both crimes (AK and murder) into one sentence and allow him to escape the possibility of Ole Sparky or its successors, in exchange for a plea, a full confession under oath, and a location, and that's the deal that imo would happen if there was one. (And I'm talking about such a deal before the trial resumes on Monday, not something worked out after this is over. It would certainly be doable, if they wanted to do it.)

But in relation to THIS crime (AK) alone, I agree that there's little reason for the state to offer much, if anything. I may be in the minority, but I think they have him facing a LONG sentence here (and I truly think the max 99 years is possible) and at this point have no real incentive to bargain that win away. Sure it's not over, but we're in the top of the 9th with the prosecution still up to bat and the score is already about 20-1 or the like.

I remember in the beginning when he said something like "I didn't walk her to her car because we aren't really friends". I remember thinking what kind of idiot doesn't watch the person until they are safe. And what kind of heartless person could even say something so stupid. Then to find out what he really did. I wonder what else is in his past.

His phone pinged in Anna? I wonder if this is new information to the family. I know I would be searching maps for wet areas that has 3 types of grasses. When are they calling her mother to the stand. She should be in that courtroom.

NOT an attorney here (nor do you claim to be............) but, when a situation like this happened to my friend, I feel like her parents being so desperate to know where her body was (their child) that they were pushy with almost "I don't care if he gets death" or how many years, they wanted CLOSURE. Jonni has mentioned many times she wants closure and if Christina passed, she deserves a proper burial...etc. I think that if behind closed doors, her parents say those things to police and the prosecutor or whoever and everything, it may be a possibility...

just saying!

His phone pinged in Anna? I wonder if this is new information to the family. I know I would be searching maps for wet areas that has 3 types of grasses. When are they calling her mother to the stand. She should be in that courtroom.

PRETTY sure its new to them.

Whoa. That didn't even occur to me.

I totally understand why these things would be kept from the public,but omg, how sad is that? I would be in Anna tonight probably if I was Jonni. I feel like they should at least be briefed of new info before the day or something. Man, the justice system just has no heart.

Considering this county gave him a million dollar bail and I've heard about people charged with murder only getting half that amount, I do believe this North Texas court might very well give him the max especially because of the torment he's put the family through by lying about so much.

No way IMO. He will not get max. He will get convicted but not 99 years.

I feel like her parents being so desperate to know where her body was (their child) that they were pushy with almost "I don't care if he gets death" or how many years, they wanted CLOSURE. Jonni has mentioned many times she wants closure and if Christina passed, she deserves a proper burial...etc. I think that if behind closed doors, her parents say those things to police and the prosecutor or whoever and everything, it may be a possibility... just saying!

Yes, it's obvious the family wants to find her in the worst way. But to some extent, it's really not their plea bargain to offer, and the state's goal isn't to please the family, but rather to obtain justice, protect its citizens, and punish the ones who commit crimes. They can't do any of that if they let EA out to walk the streets of Collin Co without suffering a significant punishment for his heinous actions. And I suspect he will need to brush up on his Spanish for if he ever gets out, because I don't think he'll be allowed to stay in the US. His life in the US is done, one way or the other. imo

"on the night of the disappearance Arochi drove from Allen to Anna and then McKinney."

That is indeed incorrect and a misstatement of today's testimony. I believe that route was regarding a later day (Monday, perhaps?) or maybe even more than one later day.

"on the night of the disappearance Arochi drove from Allen to Anna and then McKinney."

That is indeed incorrect and a misstatement of today's testimony. I believe that route was regarding a later day (Monday, perhaps?) or maybe even more than one later day.

It was on Sunday.

Whoa. That didn't even occur to me.

I totally understand why these things would be kept from the public,but omg, how sad is that? I would be in Anna tonight probably if I was Jonni. I feel like they should at least be briefed of new info before the day or something. Man, the justice system just has no heart.

Where to start though.....so middle of nowhere.

Yes, it's obvious the family wants to find her in the worst way. But to some extent, it's really not their plea bargain to offer, and the state's goal isn't to please the family, but rather to obtain justice, protect its citizens, and punish the ones who commit crimes. They can't do any of that if they let EA out to walk the streets of Collin Co without suffering a significant punishment for his heinous actions. And I suspect he will need to brush up on his Spanish for if he ever gets out, because I don't think he'll be allowed to stay in the US. His life in the US is done, one way or the other. imo

You don't feel like the victims family has any say?
It seems like Ive seen a multiple times where its considered..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Monique 9903