Dr. Phil Interviews Burke Ramsey (9/12 & 9/13 2016)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had thought that they (PR and JR) wrote the ransom note together but another commenter here saying that John R. would not have let the "ridiculous" (I believe was the word) ransom note go forward made me think about that. I am sure there have been theories proposed about this but then at what point did he know and feel he had to go along with it?

I am basically RDI, but I have unanswered questions, like most, about every possible scenario. It's a little hard to believe that Patsy or John (but especially John?) would have denoted the ransom amount at $118,000 if that was the amount of his bonus, since there weren't many people that would have known this other than themselves?

John: "What amount should we give as the ransom?"

Patsy: "Why not $118,000 - the amount of your bonus?"

John: "Good! No reason that should be suspicious!"

:thinking:

If they wrote the note, I don't think they collaborated.

I am basically RDI, but I have unanswered questions, like most, about every possible scenario. It's a little hard to believe that Patsy or John (but especially John?) would have denoted the ransom amount at $118,000 if that was the amount of his bonus, since there weren't many people that would have known this other than themselves?

A futile effort to direct attention at JR's employees was my thought. Had this case not had a ransom note that was so long and bizarre I would have at least considered an intruder theory but we do have this note and IMO there is no way out of it, it was an attempt to cover for an inside job, the only question now is who dun it inside that house. Im with the cops on this one, there was no intruder period

I bet there was no need for death bed confessions because I bet those with her when she died already knew what went down. If Burke did it and the family covered it up, I am guessing they told their closest family members so they knew to keep their traps shut.

Ramsey's covered their bases by ordering friends & family to keep their mouths shut

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Oh, I have no doubt that the basement was Burke Ramsey's little kingdom if it was too cold or dark to play outside. He could be himself down there.

I have to say that the Dr. Phil interview made me very sad. I worked for Patsy. I knew her well. She quit working when she had Burke. I went to Jon Benet's funeral. I last talked to her in 1995 after they moved to Boulder. There is no way she did this. She did not have a temper. She felt grateful to be alive after being diagnosed with ovarian cancer. She loved her children. Burke and Jon Benet both looked like her. It was so sad seeing the pictures and interviews with her. They had everything and lost everything. I can't believe what it must have been like being Burke growing up. Just sad all around.

Thank you "lostin ga". It is good to know there are others who cannot imagine a Mother committing such unspeakable acts against her own daughter. However, it does rub me the wrong way when Patsy would refer to JBR as "that child". In an interview Patsy stated "I did not kill Jon-Benet, I loved THAT child with all my heart". Another recording she told BoulderPD that BR had accidentally hit JBR with a golf club, then stated "THAT child screamed bloody murder". This seemed especially innapropriate given JBR had just been murdered weeks earlier.

I strongly believe John would never have allowed that ridiculous note to be used. That is one of the reasons I don't think he was in on the staging.

Thank you "lostin ga". It is good to know there are others who cannot imagine a Mother committing such unspeakable acts against her own daughter. However, it does rub me the wrong way when Patsy would refer to JBR as "that child". In an interview Patsy stated "I did not kill Jon-Benet, I loved THAT child with all my heart". Another recording she told BoulderPD that BR had accidentally hit JBR with a golf club, then stated "THAT child screamed bloody murder". This seemed especially innapropriate given JBR had just been murdered weeks earlier.

There are a lot of things that all 3 R's did that raise red flags to me, but I heard this phrase "THAT child" all the time growing up in SC. Never in a suspicious way; I really don't think there is anything weird about it. I think it's a colloquialism.

Can someone point me to a good explanation for the DNA evidence?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I just can't imagine that John or Patsy would give Burke a pass if he killed his sister.

it may have been an accident . It was late after a long holiday of home tours, dinner at friend's and so on. The kids were surely tired but Burke now admits he went downstairs to play with his new toys. I think we have seen an interview where he said something about eating pineapple. Who knows what really happened, I think no one will ever really know but the evidence that we see suggests this just could not be an intruder.

I can see any number of mishaps that may have occurred purely by accident and in the panic even a person of the highest integrity can make poor decisions.

I strongly believe John would never have allowed that ridiculous note to be used. That is one of the reasons I don't think he was in on the staging.

See JR for who he truly is I totally agree with you. What if PR already wrote the note (essay) before he was brought into the scenario? It would take to long to start all over again with a cover up and let it fly.

I had thought that they (PR and JR) wrote the ransom note together but another commenter here saying that John R. would not have let the "ridiculous" (I believe was the word) ransom note go forward made me think about that. I am sure there have been theories proposed about this but then at what point did he know and feel he had to go along with it?

Also, they (Wood/Ramsey) probably felt they that had to "bring out" someone other than JR and that it was worth the risk... ? Without him being out there after the CBS show, people (media) would probably seek him out incessantly, this way, not as much. Or the public would be like... what is up with the son? This way, they, sort of, know.

So you think it is more about his love (or protection) for Patsy then about Burke ?

I wish that I had Kolar's book on hand right now to check, but I think one of the theories is that JR could have found her body during an earlier search of the house after police had already arrived. He spent a lot of time out of sight of the police before he found the body in the basement with Fleet White.

I think JR could say something very close to the truth. BR lives a very solitary and private life. Interacting with the public would be too damaging to his mental health. He suffers from anxiety and whatever else he may be diagnosed with or believably be diagnosed with.

For him, I think a lot of it was about shame. The Ramseys were very focused on appearances. Possibly, he may not have been equipped to process her death, especially having already lost one child. The cover-up would keep him from having to deal with reality.

On the show today, the woman with the black hair, mentioned another case that happened 6 months after JBR was killed, where an intruder broke into a home and sexually assaulted a six year old girl? I had never heard of that before.

I couldn't be more disappointed than I am on the 3rd Dr Phil installment. I never see that man as anything more than dishonest. He's a slime. I don't care if it was IDI, but we're talking about very complex details. He could have stuck with Burke and John's interviews and not got into the details...or he could have discussed some of the complexities and leaned IDI.

WHAT HE BASICALLY SAID IS THAT WE'RE STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORISTS.

OUR STUDY OF THIS CASE HAS NO MEANING.

AND WORST OF ALL, HE PUSHED IDI AND PROMOTED NO THEORY OF WHO IT MIGHT BE.

SO DR PHIL, WOOD, JOHN AND BURK ALL WANT US TO BELIEVE THE PERSON WHO DID THIS WAS A WISP OF SMOKE,

SOMEONE JOHN FORGIVES AND SOMEONE THE POLICE HAVE NEVER SEARCHED FOR

BECAUSE THEY WERE ONLY FOCUSED ON THE RAMSEYS.

Burn in hell Dr Phil.

I hadn't either. She said they were dressed in a ninja suit? Was it in Boulder? Because I do remember people saying there was a girl that went missing in near Boulder a little bit before Jonbenet was murdered, but I'm not sure of the details.

DP s
JR
"You know, the real story here is not that a child was murdered. The real story here is about what was done to us by an unjust system."

Seriously? Did anyone else find this callus??

On the show today, the woman with the black hair, mentioned another case that happened 6 months after JBR was killed, where an intruder broke into a home and sexually assaulted a six year old girl? I had never heard of that before.

IIRC, there was a 13 or 14 year old girl who was sexually assaulted a few months after JonBenet was murdered. IIRC, it was in her own bedroom with her mother nearby. I also think I recall that she and JonBenet attended the same dance school. The ages are so vast. But, there are similarities as well. Not much was ever made of it in the news, and all I am saying is from my memory so I have no links.

And, I still love Dr. Phil. I don't agree with him on this. And I think there was a conflict of interest, but alas, I'll always respect him. I've watched him for years and more or less know how he works. I trust his judgement (usually) and we (usually) agree on just about everything, I've watched him since I was about 11 and I have always respected him. I honestly thought he'd go RDI, but the second I saw John Ramsey I knew it was hopeless. I don't think we're crazy conspiray theorists, just people who aren't afraid to look into the family because we know that sadly, yes a parent/brother/whatever could do this to their daughter.

The only "evidence" they have is the terrible DNA. Dr. Phil would be the one to rely on "science" and "the facts" but that alone can NOT convince me that an intruder committed that crime. I'm open to all theories and yes, it IS possible an intruder did it. But looking at the evidence, the situation, the theories, I ALWAYS come back to RDI. Every show, every interview, clearly has one bias about who did it. The other CBS special on just hours after the Dr. Phil one is way RDI. Wonder what Dr. Phil's thoughts would be after seeing their analysis.

So like everyone else, I'm disappointed by the interview, and confused as to how Dr. Phil was so quick to accept they were innocent because of one slight DNA sample and Burke's creepy denial. Oh well, I'll still watch him. Can't have it all.

Patsy Ramsey was a beauty queen, Miss WV, who competed at Miss America. I understand perfectly why Burke smiles a lot. That is something those beauty queen moms instill in their children.

That may be a southern/hillbilly thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IIRC, there was a 13 or 14 year old girl who was sexually assaulted a few months after JonBenet was murdered. IIRC, it was in her own bedroom with her mother nearby. I also think I recall that she and JonBenet attended the same dance school. The ages are so vast. But, there are similarities as well. Not much was ever made of it in the news, and all I am saying is from my memory so I have no links.

Just a quick down-and-dirty reply, but the case you mention involved the mother's boyfriend who was mad at the mother. It was determined he had nothing to do with JonBenet's death.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500