The Case of JonBenet Ramsey-CBS Sept. 18

Status
Not open for further replies.
It does seem like some time had to pass from grabbing the pineapple to the hit in the head. It wasn't found in her mouth.

I'm thinking the CBS theory was reckless - the Ramsey's may have a very good case for a lawsuit.

I don't think their theory is much different than others that post here, except maybe the pineapple motive. There is no new evidence. As far as the pineapple in the small intestines, if she had lived for a time after the head injury, it would still be digesting. Burke's interviews with DP have not helped him here.

Innocent of what? I don't think they killed her. And i definitely don't think they're innocent of a cover up though and deflecting from what really happened.

Some people still seem to believe the intruder theory and I'm amazed by that hence my post. I think they have lied and covered up from the get go to either cover for Burke or something more sinister.

I don't understand either why some seem to be so dismissive of touch DNA when it has been successfully used to solve many other cases. It is a credible forensic tool used in many cases and it has stood up in court appeals as being credible evidence of guilt. The shedding of the skin cells found would have to be fresh as they will easily be removed by friction or others touching the same items after the original touch. The FBI knows this all too well and that is why the foreign male DNA has been entered into CODIS. If the FBI thought this DNA was only artifacts they would have never filed the unknown male DNA in the CODIS system hoping to get a hit one day.

Because every fact pattern is different and because touch DNA can be extremely misleading. All sorts of tiny, innocuous direct and transferred DNA can turn up using trace DNA. JonBenet, her family, the people she came in contact with did not live in a vacuum.

The DNA of 6 unknown people turned up on/about JonBenet's body - 5 male and 1 female. I don't think six people assaulted and killed her that night and a single killer alone would have left far more than a few cells given all the activity that took place in the kitchen and the basement. Further, as was demonstrated last night, there was no way a single intruder came through broken window without leaving far more evidence, and the ransom note was over-the-top staging to deflect away from what really happened.

It was an inside job.

It has been mentioned before in articles, but at first I was not sure who was doing it, or where the feces came from. Later it became clear that it was Burke who was doing it, and he seemed to be focused primarily on the bedroom of JBR. Here is a link to a recent article discussing it, quoting the forensic pathologist on the CBS show, Dr. Werner Spitz. IMO

http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2016/09...r-was-in-the-family-dr-werner-spitz-believes/

I thought he was a software developer or engineer who works from home?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes i remember he does some type of work like that and it was posted on one of the threads here.

I still think the kids had a snack which Burke served and then they went down into the basment to play as Burke had his trains down there and was there wrapped presents under a tree down there ?

I know Burke admitted on DP that he got up after his parents went to bed, but even that just seems so weird to me. It never, ever occurred to me to get up and go downstairs in the middle of the night when I was a child. I would have been completely freaked out. And I definitely would not have gone to the basement.

It has been mentioned before in articles, but at first I was not sure who was doing it, or where the feces came from. Later it became clear that it was Burke who was doing it, and he seemed to be focused primarily on the bedroom of JBR. Here is a link to a recent

article discussing it, quoting the forensic pathologist on the CBS show, Dr. Werner Spitz. IMO

http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2016/09...r-was-in-the-family-dr-werner-spitz-believes/

I think BR hated his sister because of all the attention she got and he felt left out of the equation, IMO.

It's hard to imagine a mom doing this to her precious daughter.

I think it was part of the staging, to make it look like a sexual pervert intruder had penetrated her vagina with the wooden piece of paintbrush handle, used to make the garrote. It may have been JR who carried this out, since he likely tied the knots, having a Navy background. IMO

If the Ramsey's are innocent then I would love to see how guilty people behave!

Many parents over the years have been assumed guilty of murdering their child or children by the internet masses. Their behavior according to those who accused them was the main thing that made them suspicious (according to the ones who saw guilt). Of course when the actual murderer or kidnapper like in Elizabeth Smart's case, was finally arrested, months or years later for the murder/kidnapping of their child or children.. their behavior had nothing to do with who committed the crime.

I really haven't ever seen parents who lost a child because they were murdered by someone else being able to meet the approval of the majority...even when they were innocent. The only thing that changed those opinions of guilt was an arrest of the suspect who actually did kidnap and/or murder their child/children. Until then they were left to twist in the wind of guilt without a trial.

So to me this case isn't any different than many I have kept up with over the years except the length of time. The only difference is after almost 20 years it still remains unsolved where the other parents/grandparent finally got a reprieve when justice was finally done and the actual suspect was arrested even though some had to go through it for years but not nearly as long as in this case.

I think it was part of the staging, to make it look like a sexual pervert intruder had penetrated her vagina with the wooden piece of paintbrush handle, used to make the garrote. It may have been JR who carried this out, since he likely tied the knots, having a Navy background. IMO

then why did he clean the blood up and put new panties on her

Okay, Just finished watching Part2 of the CBS show. IMO it was a case of extreme sibling rivalry, hitting JBR previously with a golf club, further acting out with the feces, which could of been a psychological return to infancy,and just being generally nasty about the chocolates etc. in craving attention away from his sister. And the night of JBR's death BR got mad when he was having a snack and JBR took some pineapple from the bowl. He went after her and whacked her over the head with the torch. She would of went down with a serious head trauma and died. BR then got a train track and tried to rouse her into waking up after that. There was no sexual assault either. Then enter PR & JR and then the cover up to make it look like a monster broke into their house and did that to JBR.
I think PR & JR loved their children very much and the cover up was to protect their remaining child from the consequences of his actions, realising he didn't mean to kill his sister. All IMO.

I totally agree, if only they would of said it was a terrible accident, Burke would of gotten the help he really needed. No cover up and lies needed. 20 years of lies and money wasted just so Ramsey's could pretend to be a perfect family. So very dysfunctional...........aging beauty queen and a millionaire............

I know Burke admitted on DP that he got up after his parents went to bed, but even that just seems so weird to me. It never, ever occurred to me to get up and go downstairs in the middle of the night when I was a child. I would have been completely freaked out. And I definitely would not have gone to the basement.

I am just guessing but I am wondering with the kids being on such a tight schedule if they did not get to much time to play with there presents before being hurried out of the house to visit friends so when they got home obviously Burke decided to sneak downstairs to play with them.

I do believe with such a early start the following morning they was both hustled off to bed so Patsy could pack and do everything. That's why Burke then decided to go downstairs and play IMO

Because every fact pattern is different and because touch DNA can be extremely misleading. All sorts of tiny, innocuous direct and transferred DNA can turn up using trace DNA. JonBenet, her family, the people she came in contact with did not live in a vacuum.

The DNA of 6 unknown people turned up on/about JonBenet's body - 5 male and 1 female. I don't think six people assaulted and killed her that night and a single killer alone would have left far more than a few cells given all the activity that took place in the kitchen and the basement. Further, as was demonstrated last night, there was no way a single intruder came through broken window without leaving far more evidence, and the ransom note was over-the-top staging to deflect away from what really happened.

It was an inside job.

I know you believe that and I respect your viewpoint even though I do not agree with it.

Touch DNA has long been proved as credible for many years and suspects have been arrested and convicted when touch DNA evidence was left behind. The touch DNA held up on appeals as well.

I haven't seen any proof this was transference. It is very consistent with it belonging to the murderer of JB especially the specific locations where the same male DNA was found on her garments.

Didn't Kolar say in one of the interviews that the strangulation was NOT staging but part of the crime? Did he change his mind over night?

It does seem like some time had to pass from grabbing the pineapple to the hit in the head. It wasn't found in her mouth.

I'm thinking the CBS theory was reckless - the Ramsey's may have a very good case for a lawsuit.

The general theory that Burke whacked her on the head is not reckless; it's almost certainly what happened here. Unless and until Burke decides to tell the truth, we'll never know exactly what happened. The snatched pineapple was suggested as one possible scenario. If she snatched and ran and he chased her, she had time to swallow it before being hit and she didn't die until sometime later.

But of course it could have been something else that actually set Burke off. We'll probably never know what it was.

Watching that first psychological interview with Burke now. He's talking about the press, and mimics a microphone being put in his classmates faces, saying, "Did you see Burke today? Did Burke come to school today?". And then...he laughs. I couldn't help but get the feeling that Burke was excited about the attention. And then I thought of what the gardner had said about Burke always playing alone.

Ugh.

I can't help but think that whoever hit JonBenet in the head also strangled her. I could see staging with the duct tape over the mouth and wrist cords, but the garotte would be overkill and not even necessary to try and stage a sexual assault. I'm kind of with Warner Spitz on it not being accidental. Also, they discussed the idea of no adult would use a train track to jab a child and try to wake her, and Spitz said there was no circulation at that time. So, JonBenet would have had to of already been strangled and dead when jabbed with the train track.
I agree with this also. I think Burke did a lot more here than a lot of folks believe and I do believe it was intentional.

I totally agree, if only they would of said it was a terrible accident, Burke would of gotten the help he really needed. No cover up and lies needed. 20 years of lies and money wasted just so Ramsey's could pretend to be a perfect family. So very dysfunctional...........aging beauty queen and a millionaire............

I agree with both of you. Why not just call 911 and report a horrible accident. I do believe with out a doubt they covered up for their son. They also knew of his previous actions against his sister. His interviews with the therapist were very telling.

I, for one, am so happy to hear that JR will not be talking publically about this anymore. I cannot stand to hear one more word coming out of this stupid man's mouth. As for AH, DA, I sure hope he's retired. If I lived in Colorado, I would loudly protest any effort of his to hold public office. What a shame for all of us that this hoax of justice has gone on so long.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member