MI MI - Jessica Heeringa, 25, Norton Shores, 26 April 2013 #9 (J. Willis GUILTY)

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jessica Heeringa case: Muskegon man to be charged with murder, kidnapping
Heeringa went missing from gas station in April 2013

By John Steckroth - Digital news editor , Dave Bartkowiak Jr.
Posted: 11:06 AM, September 20, 2016

MUSKEGON, Mich. - After three years of investigations, a man is set to be charged in the kidnapping and murder of Jessica Heeringa, who was abducted from a west Michigan gas station in April 2013.

Jeffrey Willis, 46, of Muskegon, was considered a person of interest in Heeringa’s disappearance. He is now going to be charged with murder and kidnapping, a judge announced Tuesday.*Judge Raymond Kostrzewa told WOODTV warrants were sworn out Monday afternoon...

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...egon-man-to-be-charged-with-murder-kidnapping

Thoughts and prayers for Jessica's family - especially her young son. This wasn't the news they had hoped for, but I hope this will be the beginning of Justice for Jessica. :rose:

Very informative news conference. Many more details about what led to Willis' arrest will be presented at preliminary hearing. Willis could be arraigned on the kidnapping/murder charges as early as today.

Just watched. They are really keeping tight lipped about everything. I know they are doing it to preserve the integrity of the case but I really want to know why they are choosing now to file these charges. What is the new evidence that tipped him from poi to being charged?

Just watched. They are really keeping tight lipped about everything. I know they are doing it to preserve the integrity of the case but I really want to know why they are choosing now to file these charges. What is the new evidence that tipped him from poi to being charged?

Word is the cousin was offered a plea bargain. They had this press confrence just before he was due in court for sentencing. #JusticeforJessica

Word is the cousin was offered a plea bargain. They had this press confrence just before he was due in court for sentencing. #JusticeforJessica

I hope the cousin has info about where she is, in that case. The family deserves to lay her to rest.

Murder charge filed in ’13 disappearance of Mich. woman

Associated Press 12:20 p.m. EDT September 20, 2016

Muskegon — Authorities have charged a man with murder in the 2013 disappearance of a gas station clerk in western Michigan...

The body of the 25-year-old woman hasn’t been found. Investigators weren’t able to break the mystery until Jeffrey Willis was arrested in May in a different case...

Willis was charged Tuesday with kidnapping and murder...

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/local/michigan/2016/09/20/murder-charge-woman/90735410/

Murder charge filed in ’13 disappearance of Mich. woman

Associated Press 12:20 p.m. EDT September 20, 2016

Muskegon — Authorities have charged a man with murder in the 2013 disappearance of a gas station clerk in western Michigan...

The body of the 25-year-old woman hasn’t been found. Investigators weren’t able to break the mystery until Jeffrey Willis was arrested in May in a different case...

Willis was charged Tuesday with kidnapping and murder...

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/local/michigan/2016/09/20/murder-charge-woman/90735410/

Wonder what ties him to her?

Eta: never mind. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Man Charged With Kidnapping, Murder In Jessica Heeringa’s 2013*Disappearance

September 20, 2016 12:28 PM

MUSKEGON (WWJ) –*Three years after a 25-year-old gas station clerk went missing in western Michigan, charges are being filed against her alleged killer.

Muskegon County Prosecutor*DJ Hilson on*Tuesday said*Jeffery Willis has been charged with murder and kidnapping in the disappearance of Jessica Heeringa. An arraignment date wasn’t immediately set.

“As of today, Jeffery Willis is allegedly the killer of Jessica Heeringa and we’ve charged him as such,” said Hilson. “In my opinion, we’ve found Jessica’s killer.”

Heeringa hasn’t been seen since just before*she was closing up an Exxon Station where she worked in Norton Shores on*April 26, 2013.*Her*body has not been found, but investigators believe she was killed within 24 to 48 hours of her abduction...

http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2016/09...ng-murder-in-jessica-heeringas-disappearance/

I am hopeful - maybe too much so - that her body will be found soon. I think there is a TON going on behind the scenes. This is heartbreaking, but it is much better if her family can find out what happened to her.

Kevin Bluhm must be a key to finding her. :moo:

I sincerely hope they find her soon and can lay her to rest. Give her family and poor son some much deserved peace. It's really too bad, IMO, that MI doesn't have the death penalty.

Oh wow. I knew he was lying when he said he lied.
Prayers to Jessica's family. According to the presser they were told this morning. I finally shut the presser off but it does sound like they have DNA evidence of her being in the house.

Prayers to all of their families. Willis/ Bluhm families are innocent. I wish Bluhm would have called an anon tip in long ago. Praying he knows what Willis did with her remains

Just heard the news I'm not shocked but it is not less devastating especially so for the Heeringa family. It's just absolutely tragic. I'm so sorry this monster was able to do this. Thanks to all of you for your news updates and for caring Jessica is found. It is infuriating these new charges will have little impact on him since he is likely going to die in jail now anyway. I'm glad the cousin has been charged too. He should have called the police as soon as he had information about Jessica. Jessica's parents, son and family are in my prayers they must be heartbroken and devastated.

Is anyone else worried like me that if prosecutors use Bluhm, the cousin, as a witnesses he has already blown his credibility already by lying and Willis's attorneys are going to say to the court "you lied before to prosecutors so why should the court believe you now?" to help him. I'm sorry to bring this up but I just wondered what your thoughts were?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member