Lori Ruff Identified as Kimberly McLean of PA

63ae3feb051aa3efb4453432c246dc7c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm meaning one sister having one name and the other sister seems to have almost the same middle name. Unless the public info sites are incorrect, which is also possible.

*All statements are that of my own opinion unless otherwise specified. *

Can I just interject here that my husband's side of the family - like everyone seems to carry a variation of his dad's first name, even the women. And like, his sister's kid is named after my husband, and her other kid is named after their dad, and then 3 or 4 kids have a vartion of grandpa's name, and our daughter's middle name is named after my husband's sister and blah blah -- it's so convoluted. But, he's Hispanic, so maybe that's why.

I digress.

Odd but not unheard of... my half sister and I have the same middle name, different spelling! (Same dad different mom - I guess our dad was not creative lol)

I have seen one having the middle name of M*ria and the other having the middle name of M*rie. Thought that was odd.

*All statements are that of my own opinion unless otherwise specified. *

Wow. To be honest, even though I know it must be her, I don't 'see' Lori in this pic (other than maybe around the eyes.) Her nose and chin look completely different to me! If I had seen this pic before she was ID'd, I would have scanned right past it!
She looks very different to me. I thought as soon as we saw a picture of her as Kimberly, I would know right away it was Lori. Some sleuth I am! LOL

Here's my theory...

I think she had some kind of traumatic event, possibly her parents divorcing and her Mom remarrying or something more serious.

People respond to life events very strangely. I have friends that have had awful things happen in their lives but they carry on. Others have events that I feel are bumps in the road, yet they are destroyed forever.

Any how, after the trauma she decides she is going to separate herself from family and in the missing two years I think she met someone that led an adventurous, wild life that appealed to her. Maybe she moved around with this person. I have this idea of the type of friend that always has a new plan but nothing really ever pans out. One week they are modeling, the next working at a strip club and living here for a bit, there for a bit.

I think this friend knew or knew someone who knew Ben Perkins and he helped her get a new identity. People have found some of his shady dealings so it wouldn't surprise me if he was involved in helping people get new identities.

If my theory is correct the notes page could be a combination of her notes and the friends notes.

Hopefully someone who knew her between 1986-1988 comes forward. Or if she had a close friend from before she left her family, we might get some details.

This I totally agree with. I was envisioning " party years" which made Kim feel like she should really just have a clean slate. I still wonder why she chose Texas.

Thanks~~and WOW~~someone else downthread mentioned they would have scanned right past her~~I don't think I would have~~I would have posted it here and said, what do you all think....LOL

From personal experience...I can't help but wonder, if she was just mentally ill. Just because she ran, doesn't mean there was something real to run from. My sister's mental illness intensely presented itself at 17. It got much, much worse when she was older and had a baby. (I always wondered if Lori/Kimberly was pushed further into mental illness after her child was born and she never came out of it.) To this day, my sister is estranged from my family for things that never happened. She didn't create a new identity and go to such lengths, but honesty she was so tangled...it wouldn't have shocked me.

There could have been trauma Lori/Kimberly was running from, of course. Ive followed this for years through all the theories, and I always thought it would be more simple that we were making it. I think her case has been over complicated from the beginning, and I wonder if it's still being.

JMO.

Thanks~~and WOW~~someone else downthread mentioned they would have scanned right past her~~I don't think I would have~~I would have posted it here and said, what do you all think....LOL

LOL. That was me....like I said, I guess I don't make much of a sleuth! I know that there are others here who have a much better eye than I do and I am grateful for each and every one of you!

Thanks to the woman that found it and posted it on facebook, not me!
I think it looks like her but I'm wondering if she had her nose broken at some point??

Ahh! And there it is..

After all this time, we finally see Lori pre-1988.

I KNEW those eyebrows would be the same, a tad bit thinner but the shape never changed in all her photos throughout the years.

This photo is also proof she did have a nose job. Her nose is much wider in this photo.

Big thanks to whoever found the photo, great job!

Legally would she still be Kim since her name change was based on a fraudulent name?

Odd but not unheard of... my half sister and I have the same middle name, different spelling! (Same dad different mom - I guess our dad was not creative lol)

My four sisters and I all have the same middle name so I don't think it's weird either but it could just be because I'm used to it.

Thanks to the woman that found it and posted it on facebook, not me!
I think it looks like her but I'm wondering if she had her nose broken at some point??

It does look like she had her nose broken more than a nose job to me. Her eyes really look the same but the hairdo is throwing me off. When I cover her hair and only look at her face I definitely se LEK. Thanks for posting for us non Facebookers ;)

What do you all think??

attachment.php

I still see a different nose and chin shape. Her nose is 'upturned' as Lori and her chin looks a wee bit more 'pointy' as Kimberly.
Her eyes are very much the same. IMO

I think I just honestly thought that there would be a big 'ding, ding, ding' in my head as soon as I saw a picture of her in her younger years! I guess I am just not very good at analyzing pictures. LOL

I think that maybe she has a little bit more weight on her as Lori (10 pounds?) and it shows mostly in her face....which could account for the chin looking different?

Someone on Facebook just posted her sophomore photo

Can you share which group on fb posted this? I follow two groups on fb about her but didn't see this photo posted on either of them.

ETA: Never mind, found it.

I think the pic looks like the Idaho ID. I would probably not spot her though if i did not know already.

I think the nose tip looks different due to the angle the photos are taken from.
The school pic shows her with her head tilted slightly down where the other shows her looking more straight on.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truecrime-hazeleyes
Back