OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) - #22

Status
Not open for further replies.
LE: We'll tell you anything you want to know except, anything that would back up our claims, or, anything we don't want to tell you. I'd still like to see proof there
was a grow operation, much less a "commercial" grow operation. Who knows, maybe they don't want to admit they were tomato plants...

LOL aawwwwkkkwwaaaarrrdddd

LOL! We just (this summer) had a case where the police in a small coastal town in Norway kept someones tomato plants over the summer, suspecting they were marijuana plants. I K their faces the day they discovered bright red tomatoes growing on their evidence.:blushing:
That's hilarious! But tasty! In the olden days, (ha! ha!) the show Love, American Style was a weekly series. In one episode, a guy takes his fiancée to meet his parents. His mom offers to unpack for the girl while the young people take a walk.
She finds a sandwich bag with funny looking stuff inside. The parents decide it's pot, and go to the basement to try it out. The couple come back, catch them, and then have the last laugh because they are smoking herbal tea!

There's a part of me that wonders if certain things in the autopsy reports were redacted just because. No reason other than to drive us mad.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I thought that also. I think they redacted some stuff just to be spiteful.

I am glad they were released, probably because I'm a nurse, and I do feel like we have a little more info, but since we have known for sometime Chris was the person shot nine times, I thought they blacked out way too much. The report stated scars on the right side of his chest, and I would really like to have a better understanding of that. I can do alot is speculating, but I've done so much speculating already, I didn't need to have more added! I understand you having mixed feelings, though. I've been an LPN since 1998, but when Baylie died in my arms I wanted to know why, but I hated the idea of them doing an autopsy, especially since I knew what that would entail

I just feel that it's part of their medical records and, like when they were living, it is private, except to next of kin, and when needed in a courtroom to put away the one(s) who murdered them. I've read them, but feel weird about reading them.

LE: We'll tell you anything you want to know except, anything that would back up our claims, or, anything we don't want to tell you. I'd still like to see proof there
was a grow operation, much less a "commercial" grow operation. Who knows, maybe they don't want to admit they were tomato plants...

Personally, that's annoyed me from the get-go. Nothing. Nada. Zip. Helicopters flying over head. Trailers being moved. People all over the place at all four locations. Not one single photo of one single plant, let alone an actual grow-op, sophisticated or otherwise. With news copters hovering over that place you know we'd have seen the cops carrying out plants. They wouldn't just leave them there. :gaah:

Personally, that's annoyed me from the get-go. Nothing. Nada. Zip. Helicopters flying over head. Trailers being moved. People all over the place at all four locations. Not one single photo of one single plant, let alone an actual grow-op, sophisticated or otherwise. With news copters hovering over that place you know we'd have seen the cops carrying out plants. They wouldn't just leave them there. :gaah:

That's what I've been saying. It's weird and everything about how they have handled this case has been weird.

A TALE OF UNINTENDED CONSEQUENCES (Hwy 32/Appalachian Hwy)

The Rhoden family murders in April, committed just off the Appalachian Highway in the Pike County region, brought the world’s attention to this place and to this highway, the likely escape route for the killers.

It seemed pretty darn desolate on a Labor Day weekend, I can attest to that.

Richard Vedder is still a pessimist about the Appalachian Highway.
In 2000, the long-time Ohio University economics professor told a reporter the road was probably the “most desolate in Ohio” and had done little to develop the area’s economy.

http://chillicothegazette.oh.newsme...=1111111STD&selDate=20160925&licenseType=none

There was a story in yesterday's paper edition of the Gazette that reveals a lot about the family. You will have to click on the link for yesterday's date then download it to your e-reader.
http://chillicothegazette.oh.newsme...=1111111STD&selDate=20160925&licenseType=none

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pretty accurate.
Appalachia is a culture rooted in hard work and hard living, in family privacy and family grudges, in distrust of strangers and abundant generosity.

O/T I'm not normally a grammar/spelling Nazi, but this is a newspaper we are talking about. Would it have hurt someone to have proofread the article so that Rhoden family's surname would have started w/an upper case "R"? That annoyed me.

There was a story in yesterday's paper edition of the Gazette that reveals a lot about the family. You will have to click on the link for yesterday's date then download it to your e-reader.

What story in the Gazette are we looking for? I saw nothing in the link about the Rhodens.

Rhoden Killings: Death in the Foothills

They want a $10 subscription to read the "premium content" story. Sounds like more greedy profiteering from a tragedy if you ask me.

Rhoden Killings: Death in the Foothills

They want a $10 subscription to read the "premium content" story. Sounds like more greedy profiteering from a tragedy if you ask me.

I was able to read it for free. I opened the link on my phone and had it open in e-reader/iBooks. It downloaded the entire paper. The article is toward the end.

I use a laptop, and I'm very tech challenged... so.... no go for me. Thanks, though.

Pretty accurate.
O/T I'm not normally a grammar/spelling Nazi, but this is a newspaper we are talking about. Would it have hurt someone to have proofread the article so that Rhoden family's surname would have started w/an upper case "R"? That annoyed me.
I also have never seen the name Tony spelled T ony over and over...

I use a laptop, and I'm very tech challenged... so.... no go for me. Thanks, though.
I have a tablet, and I downloaded it in e-books, and it wouldn't let me view it. So I downloaded it on Android choice, and had it, reader ready in less than two minutes.

To elaborate on how to locate article...
Click the link
Along the right side of my computer screen is a toolbar, one of the options is Search Archive
In date field of Search Archive, type Rhoden into keyword, put September 25th in both From and To
A list of articles will show up on the left side of the screen including one called "Part 5: April 22nd" ("Once a Rhoden, Always a Rhoden" is also listed along with 11 other articles)
The article will show up on the right side of the screen

I did not have to pay for the article.

Not sure if this link will work or not, my first ever attempt. Article called "Part 5: April 22nd" in archive Chillicothe Gazette

In article it states that DR was shot 5 times. I don't believe that has been disclosed before this.

The article answers a lot of the questions that have been discussed in here, at least questions not directly linked to the murders. Hope you all find a way to read it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clancehan