OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) - #22

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not so sure it was a professional hit. Well planned, but possibly almost failed, yes. I think they had help, either knowingly, or unknowingly, from family. I don't know how many, but I do think that one of them was one who was murdered, and only b/c that person would have known who did this. I think GR was just in the wrong place at the wrong time, and this was some serious hate directed solely at the CR1 family.

I think someone in the family almost had to be involved but to what extent I don't know. Maybe the killers befriended one of the family to get access to the homes in order to get information about security cameras and daily routines. We don't know how long this murder has been in the making. The planning of this could have started back in 2010. The Nipgen search is interesting and the article says they are searching because of a tip. What I find interesting is the initial arrest of Vance was due to a tip to LE.

The article states Vance is due to be released in October of 2017. Could the search be LE trying to get a reason to keep him in prison?

https://archives.fbi.gov/archives/cincinnati/press-releases/2010/ci021710.htm

http://www.chillicothegazette.com/s...nues-chilly-loco-daniel-vance-walls/93176086/

I think someone in the family almost had to be involved but to what extent I don't know. Maybe the killers befriended one of the family to get access to the homes in order to get information about security cameras and daily routines. We don't know how long this murder has been in the making. The planning of this could have started back in 2010. The Nipgen search is interesting and the article says they are searching because of a tip. What I find interesting is the initial arrest of Vance was due to a tip to LE.

The article states Vance is due to be released in October of 2017. Could the search be LE trying to get a reason to keep him in prison?

https://archives.fbi.gov/archives/cincinnati/press-releases/2010/ci021710.htm

http://www.chillicothegazette.com/s...nues-chilly-loco-daniel-vance-walls/93176086/

That piece of property and the market mentioned had been some supposed tension between Vance and another individual going back to as early as 1994 from what I could find. It changed hands between the two families a few times (listed on property records). According to the auditor site the garage with the concrete being dug up was built in 1997. Based on the size and height I personally feel those floors could have been poured at any time after it's erection. I did a little search on the capability of cadaver dogs and found they can usually find skeletal remains that are possibly decades old. I have also read about digs with dogs that produced hits but yielded no results based on a dig.

I am anxious to see if we will hear more from the media on these events.

rsd, you are somewhat local. Do you remember a corner market that Vance Walls used to work at or owned?

I'm fairly easy driving distance, but am not familiar with the Pike County area specifically, other than some travels through. That name doesn't ring a bell.

Edit: I know where the corner market is. I road through there earlier this year.

Checked for any kind of update, no luck.

This case is taking me over right now. Could satan worshipping be involved? Something BJM said always struck me as odd: she said. "I won't ever see them again until I meet them in heaven or hell." Who says that? I say heaven, but never hell! Or does she know things were being done that were not good in the eyes of the Lord?

One of the very last paragraphs in this long article.

http://www.freep.com/story/news/nation-now/2016/05/11/ohio-massacre-not-leaving-babies/84258794/

BBM
Not one day, since this happened, have I not thought about this case, the victims, the family, and wracked my brain as to why someone would have done this. I can't let it go. I've got to though. It could be like the Kohlhepp case. It could be someone, who has some really crazy reason, that even pulled this off alone, and went on their merry way, until 10 years from now they are caught keeping prisoners on their farm in the middle of B.F.E.

BBM
Not one day, since this happened, have I not thought about this case, the victims, the family, and wracked my brain as to why someone would have done this. I can't let it go. I've got to though. It could be like the Kohlhepp case. It could be someone, who has some really crazy reason, that even pulled this off alone, and went on their merry way, until 10 years from now they are caught keeping prisoners on their farm in the middle of B.F.E.

These murders have intrigued me from the beginning. When I first heard about them on the news I figured it was some ex who went off the rails and killed the whole family. Then I realized this is different. I know there is a reason these people where murdered, there is always a reason. I keep coming back to the motives for murder.

1. Money.
I can't see that here. This family did not own enough or have enough to warrant killing 8 people. Maybe if they had a few million dollars yes. Someone might think about getting their hands on what the family had. The Rhodens seemed to be doing alright but they were working several jobs just to get by. They certainly didn't have enough for someone to kill them all just to get it.

2. Love/sex.
That doesn't even apply here as there is no evidence anyone was having an affair.

3. Revenge.
This is what the people in Peebles called it. Hillbilly justice. But revenge for what. We can't find anything obvious in their lives to kill 8 people over. But there has to be something because there is always a reason. When I think about the separate houses here is how I see it.

1. CR1 and GR. CR1 was shot 9 times and apparently beaten. So that leads me to believe he was the target there.
2. DR, HR, CR2. DR was shot 5 times so that leads me to believe she was the target there.
3. FR and HG. This is where it gets strange. HG was shot 5 times so I can only believe she was the target there.
4. KR. Obviously he was the target in his trailer.

So we have CR1, DR, HG and KR as primary targets. Father, Mother, soon to be Daughter-in-law and Uncle. Where does it all fit? What is the motive?

The only thing I can come up with in this theory is maybe CR1 and DR broke up a relationship between FR and someone else and HG moved in with him. Or HG broke it up and CR1 and DR sided with FR and HG in the whole thing. Did KR get involved somehow? Take FR's side? There is the fact that FR's ex dropped off her son that night unexpectedly. And that son was not hurt even though he was sleeping on the couch.

Or maybe CR1 and DR broke up a relationship between HR and someone. And HG and KR took her side? SW's dad picked her up at 10:30 PM that night. Was it to keep her from being hurt? But why wasn't HR shot more times? Because the killer didn't view her as being to blame instead pinning the whole thing on CR1, DR, HG and KR?

Or CR1 and KR snitched on an old friend?

Or CR1 and KR stole money or merchandise from someone?

There are so many scenarios it boggles the mind. I just can't put it all together. Does anyone have anything they can add to this? Or another motive for murder?

I am on the theory we have one main perp (who was very very angry...and not real smart, even though he thinks he is) who organized this, and I think he probably had one person helping him, have not figured that one out yet....the second who. And I honestly believe when it all does come out, and it will.... alot of people are just going to be flabbergasted as to his reasoning for doing this. Planned it well ahead. He knew the family and their homes well, security systems and so on. The dogs knew him.
This is taking time to pull together, 8 separate crime scenes. The Rhodens completely underestimated this person. MOO will see!

These murders have intrigued me from the beginning. When I first heard about them on the news I figured it was some ex who went off the rails and killed the whole family. Then I realized this is different. I know there is a reason these people where murdered, there is always a reason. I keep coming back to the reasons for murder.
1. Money.

Or obsession.

Lots of good thoughts here. Looking at the financial situation here, did somebody think one or more had money hidden in their homes? Or maybe jewels, or high dollar drugs? Could there have been a rumor going around that the Rhodens had received a lg shipment of drugs in recent days, or that Dana could get her hands on narcotics from her workplace?
I don't see jealousy as a motive, at least where love is concerned. Most young people with jealousy over love handle it with a fist fight or a cat fight, not guns.

I am on the theory we have one main perp (who was very very angry...and not real smart, even though he thinks he is) who organized this, and I think he probably had one person helping him, have not figured that one out yet....the second who. And I honestly believe when it all does come out, and it will.... alot of people are just going to be flabbergasted as to his reasoning for doing this. Planned it well ahead. He knew the family and their homes well, security systems and so on. The dogs knew him.
This is taking time to pull together, 8 separate crime scenes. The Rhodens completely underestimated this person. MOO will see!

Or her. Rsd1200 has long thought there was 2 shooters and one of those female. I agree. One of those shooters was less skilled with a weapon or more hesitant maybe because they knew all the victims. If it was an ex girlfriend who got a current boyfriend or family member to help then the number of shots in CR1, DR and HG would be less about skill and more about rage and revenge. The helper was more skilled, maybe a hunter and less involved emotionally. If it was an ex boyfriend who got his current girlfriend or family member to help then the helper was less skilled and the number of shots was inexperience. Or maybe the helper was male also and more skilled than the ex. Again that would make the number of shots in CR1, DR and HG more about rage and revenge.
KR still doesn't really fit. Unless KR was heavily involved in the breakup (maybe he caught the ex cheating and told and that's why the breakup? Or he introduced FR to HG?)

I believe Hannah moved in with Frankie, and it was her wish to do so, and had she wanted to leave, she would have. Unless somebody was so infatuated or obsessed with her, they couldn't see the truth had it come along and slapped him in the face! I also think that if there had been another guy bothering her or lurking around the family, Hannah or Frankie would have posted something on FB.

HR had mentioned domestic violence in multiple posts around the time she was with CG. If CG was at odds with the family, and his sister joined that family, there could have been some major animosity. DV does not exclude your own family from being in danger of they are seen as siding with your victim (when the perp sees themselves as the victim). Like I said in an earlier post, 2 out of 4 kids have not been placed with family members, both of them Gilleys.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

HR had mentioned domestic violence in multiple posts around the time she was with CG. If CG was at odds with the family, and his sister joined that family, there could have been some major animosity. DV does not exclude your own family from being in danger of they are seen as siding with your victim (when the perp sees themselves as the victim). Like I said in an earlier post, 2 out of 4 kids have not been placed with family members, both of them Gilleys.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Then there is Meranda G who, according to her grandfather, packed a bag to stay the night with HG and then drove on by HG's house and went home. No explanation given for the change in plans.

These murders have intrigued me from the beginning. When I first heard about them on the news I figured it was some ex who went off the rails and killed the whole family. Then I realized this is different. I know there is a reason these people where murdered, there is always a reason. I keep coming back to the motives for murder.

1. Money.
I can't see that here. This family did not own enough or have enough to warrant killing 8 people. Maybe if they had a few million dollars yes. Someone might think about getting their hands on what the family had. The Rhodens seemed to be doing alright but they were working several jobs just to get by. They certainly didn't have enough for someone to kill them all just to get it.

2. Love/sex.
That doesn't even apply here as there is no evidence anyone was having an affair.

3. Revenge.
This is what the people in Peebles called it. Hillbilly justice. But revenge for what. We can't find anything obvious in their lives to kill 8 people over. But there has to be something because there is always a reason. When I think about the separate houses here is how I see it.

1. CR1 and GR. CR1 was shot 9 times and apparently beaten. So that leads me to believe he was the target there.
2. DR, HR, CR2. DR was shot 5 times so that leads me to believe she was the target there.
3. FR and HG. This is where it gets strange. HG was shot 5 times so I can only believe she was the target there.
4. KR. Obviously he was the target in his trailer.

So we have CR1, DR, HG and KR as primary targets. Father, Mother, soon to be Daughter-in-law and Uncle. Where does it all fit? What is the motive?

The only thing I can come up with in this theory is maybe CR1 and DR broke up a relationship between FR and someone else and HG moved in with him. Or HG broke it up and CR1 and DR sided with FR and HG in the whole thing. Did KR get involved somehow? Take FR's side? There is the fact that FR's ex dropped off her son that night unexpectedly. And that son was not hurt even though he was sleeping on the couch.

Or maybe CR1 and DR broke up a relationship between HR and someone. And HG and KR took her side? SW's dad picked her up at 10:30 PM that night. Was it to keep her from being hurt? But why wasn't HR shot more times? Because the killer didn't view her as being to blame instead pinning the whole thing on CR1, DR, HG and KR?

Or CR1 and KR snitched on an old friend?

Or CR1 and KR stole money or merchandise from someone?

There are so many scenarios it boggles the mind. I just can't put it all together. Does anyone have anything they can add to this? Or another motive for murder?

I think it was against the core CR1 family, GR was in the wrong place at the wrong time, and KR would have known so he had to go (he could have played an unwilling or willing role). I think it's about revenge. Hillbilly Justice. We'll probably be surprised by the reason. The reason, I think, that CR1 was shot more times, and had bruising, is that he almost stopped them. They had a hard time with him. The others having more shots was, in my theory, only b/c the 2nd shooter was less sure of themselves. I think there was possibly a male and a female shooter. One more skilled w/firearms than the other which is why part of the victims had less gsw. (My theory for the day anyway).

BBM

This is the case that brought me to Websleuths. I was thinking about all the breaks in different cases that have occurred over the last few days and I keep wondering when the Rhodens and HG will get their break.

looks like it is time to move to a new thread.

I wish we had no need of a Thread #23 :(

Start moving over and I will be back to close this one shortly.

This thread is now closed. Move on to Thread #3 linked above to continue discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa