CANADA Canada - Elizabeth Bain, 22, Scarborough, Ont, 19 June 1990 #2

for what its worth, my friend who said he knew the bain family very well has drawn a little map of the bain property and asked me to post it for him.....my friend says the "patio stone" area of the driveway is where EB and MB normally parked their vehicles, my friend says this area could fit 2 cars side by side, and says EB normally parked closer to the road, and MB closer to the house, my friend says this area has now been "turfed over" and is now just grass/lawn

I do not have an exact quote to offer at this moment - but PB had just obtained his own vehicle and would no longer be sharing the Toyota with EB. This is why Mrs B thought another parking spot was in order.

I do not have an exact quote to offer at this moment - but PB had just obtained his own vehicle and would no longer be sharing the Toyota with EB. This is why Mrs B thought another parking spot was in order.

i asked my friend about this who said he knew the bain family at that time,

my friend said Mrs B (or the family) never expanded the driveway in any way,

my friend says the parking area never got any bigger, before, during, or after the disappearance,

my friend said Mrs B just renovated the area that was there to begin with,

my friend said the parking area looked exactly the same after Mrs B renovated it, compared to before

Well, I did have a 'holy cow' moment ages ago when realizing that a spot that had not been checked for missing EB was the freshly dug area in her own driveway. And mom was doing the digging/laying gravel/smoothing out gravel and wanted patio stones laid down in that spot.

my friend who said he knew the bain family at the time says he got the exact same feeling as you did about the driveway/patio stone area,

my friend says this area is the first place that should be checked/investigated,

my friend says that this area has now been conveniently covered with grass, and my friend says the family has a memorial garden for EB with flowers placed very close to this location on their property,

my friend says "how fitting" regarding that, although i am not sure what my friend means by that comment,

i asked my friend about this who said he knew the bain family at that time,

my friend said Mrs B (or the family) never expanded the driveway in any way,

my friend says the parking area never got any bigger, before, during, or after the disappearance,

my friend said Mrs B just renovated the area that was there to begin with,

my friend said the parking area looked exactly the same after Mrs B renovated it, compared to before

With all due respect, I have to go with NCTM and RB in that Mrs B added a parking space on 19 June 1990.

my friend who said he knew the bain family at the time says he got the exact same feeling as you did about the driveway/patio stone area,

my friend says this area is the first place that should be checked/investigated,

my friend says that this area has now been conveniently covered with grass, and my friend says the family has a memorial garden for EB with flowers placed very close to this location on their property,

my friend says "how fitting" regarding that, although i am not sure what my friend means by that comment,

Maybe the added parking space has now been removed? Memorial garden is now in it's place?

Quite 'fitting' imo.

With all due respect, I have to go with NCTM and RB in that Mrs B added a parking space on 19 June 1990.

with all due respect, my friend says a parking space was never added to the driveway after the disappearance,

my friend says he knows this 100% for sure

OK JohnPaul let's go with no parking space added after all.

Mulling it over two things come to mind - imo the B's knew they would not need that extra spot after all, so why build it, and it bugs me to no end that I see no mention of patio stones delivered or picked up to make a new parking spot. So RB seeing a stack of patio stones could very well have been the existing stones lifted and stacked - with his missing gf underneath.

Works for me.

I see no mention of patio stones delivered or picked up to make a new parking spot. So RB seeing a stack of patio stones could very well have been the existing stones lifted and stacked

my friend agrees with this

Concerning the driveway and memorial garden..
Is there a culvert nearby?

Here are two verbatim excerpts from a reply I received from Eb's sister CB after sending her the two Toronto Sun articles.

"""""" My family and I already know who killed Lisa. You're not going to convince me otherwise."""""
"""""" We are also not budging on Rob's guilt and never have and never will."""""

She told RB several times that summer that she never believed he was guilty.
She also told JS (from the book) that she didn't think RB was guilty, but thought her brother MB was acting awfully strange. Then she told JS she was sorry but she had to fall in line with the family. ( meaning RB was guilty, end of story)

Her reply to me I feel is understandable considering who the alternative guilty person would be if she were to speak up about her belief in RB's innocence.

After her reply, she immediately blocked me from messaging her again. Understandable and expected.

She told RB several times that summer that she never believed he was guilty.
She also told JS (from the book) that she didn't think RB was guilty, but thought her brother MB was acting awfully strange. Then she told JS she was sorry but she had to fall in line with the family. ( meaning RB was guilty, end of story)

uh huh....hhhhmmmmmm

Here are two verbatim excerpts from a reply I received from Eb's sister CB after sending her the two Toronto Sun articles.

"""""" My family and I already know who killed Lisa. You're not going to convince me otherwise."""""
"""""" We are also not budging on Rob's guilt and never have and never will."""""

you know what i find really odd about these comments?.....the word "killed"

CB is admitting that she knows EB was "killed"....how would she know this for sure?....nobody could possibly be 100% certain of this, but her comments indicate that she is 100% certain,

there is still the possibility that EB is alive, and many other possible ways a person could "pass away" without being "killed" by another human,

Yes, strange that the family believes that she is dead instead of missing. Was there so much blood in the car that one would conclude that she died from her injuries? Most people hold out hope until the body is found. JMO

Yes, strange that the family believes that she is dead instead of missing. Was there so much blood in the car that one would conclude that she died from her injuries? Most people hold out hope until the body is found. JMO

There is discussion here that the amount of blood in the rear of EB's car amounted to less than one would give in a single sitting to donate blood.

Eyes? Source?

There is discussion here that the amount of blood in the rear of EB's car amounted to less than one would give in a single sitting to donate blood.

Eyes? Source?

Yes that's true. Source is the trial forensics. I believe that may refer to just the amount behind the driver's seat and not including the smears. Not sure how much the smears would account for.
Forensics did testify that the pooled blood behind the seat did not appear to have done what a live persons blood does when it hits air. Not sure if the term is coagulate or not.
So the impression given is the pooled blood seeped out of a non living entity.
I will check that again and post some excerpts from the trial for more accurate reference.
Hopefully get that on here by tomorrow in case I'm mistaken

Excerpts from trial about the blood.
A = answer. Q= question

A.....the staining on the seats and other parts of the vehicle were dry. However, the blood after I had removed the section of the carpet, the blood was still liquid and pooled at the bottom of the carpet
Q.....so the surface area was dry, but underneath was wet?
A..... that's correct

A.....there was evidence of blood on the carpet, on the floor behind the driver's seat and passenger seat from door to door. The predominant pooling was on the floor behind the driver's seat.

A.....that is correct. We have no tests to determine whether blood is from an individual, either post or ante-mortem, that is before or after death

Q.....you estimate in the first page of your report that approx 42 milliliters of blood would be required to produce these stains
A.....yes that's correct. 42 milliliters would work out to one fifth and one sixth of a cup
A.....a unit of pint that we give at the red Cross I believe is 450 milliliters
A.....I should point out this estimate is based selected stains on the carpet. It does not include a lot of smearing present on the passenger side of the carpet, the smearing present on the door piller or the door sill or the front of the seat and does not include any of the pooled stains that remained on the floor after the carpet was removed
A.....the amount of blood in the smears would be relatively small. I could not offer an opinion as to how much blood remained in the vehicle after the carpet was removed

Q....so the jury is aware, can your blood keep clotting after you are dead
A....no blood does not clot after death
Q....and there was no evidence of blood clotting here
A....no evidence, that's right

Hope this helps

Driveway issue.
Excerpt from Mrs B's prelim testimony. EB is talking to her mom from a window.

A......first, early in the morning when I started working on the pile of stone, she (Eb) was saying, you know " Mom, you look like a lumberjack what are you doing?" So I told her, you know, ' I was fixing the stones, because you guys you know - this parking space are broken from the winter, and I'd like to get it done before your dad comes home tomorrow.'

So it appears that the parking space was already there and Mrs Bain was just doing a repair job on the existing stone work.

Hey moderators,
Wondering why you deleted johnpaul's last post.
Thanks

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500